Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 199398 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#78950 Mar 5, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
I am not trying to use the scientific method to disprove the existence of God. That would be foolish.
It is up to the people making the positive claim to prove their case. In other words, without some sort of actual evidence your belief in the God of the Bible is no more valid than the belief of some Hindu in Rama or in a Muslims belief in Allah or someone from deepest darkest Africa's belief in Big Juju.
And I am glad to be of some service to you. Obviously the theory of evolution is above the level of your simple brain. At least you can fall asleep to it.
One more point, I do not rant. Creatards rant. I bring up points that creatards cannot deal with.
Oh yeah. Just like that. Works like a charm! Night, all!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#78951 Mar 5, 2013
Why do creatards automatically assume that people who know and understand the theory of evolution are against God?

In the U.S. most people who believe the theory of evolution are Christians. They don't believe the nonsense parts of Christianity, but they are still Christians. Heck, I bet even Justsayin does not believe anywhere near all of the Bible.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#78952 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah. Just like that. Works like a charm! Night, all!
So you cannot prove your ridiculous claims. Good night indeed.

Funny all of the scientific evidence is on our side and yet these creatards have a false sense of superiority. I guess the Dunning Kruger effect strikes hard and deep in the heart of creationism.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#78953 Mar 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Why do creatards automatically assume that people who know and understand the theory of evolution are against God?

In the U.S. most people who believe the theory of evolution are Christians. They don't believe the nonsense parts of Christianity, but they are still Christians. Heck, I bet even Justsayin does not believe anywhere near all of the Bible.
Look at the little narcissist pout. It'll be okay, little narcissist. Here's a bandaid for your wounded pride. Also, you might wanna go easy on the labels. Not all of us fit so neatly into your nice little boxes.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#78954 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the little narcissist pout. It'll be okay, little narcissist. Here's a bandaid for your wounded pride. Also, you might wanna go easy on the labels. Not all of us fit so neatly into your nice little boxes.
It was a serious question. It seems that you are projecting again.

I know that not all of you do fit into boxes, but those that don't are far and few between.

Why did you make the idiotic assumption that I would use the scientific method to try to disprove god. It cannot be done. You cannot use the scientific method to prove that the world and everything in it was not created 15 seconds ago.

You may or may not be a creatard. You started off very badly with your insane assumption. You do seem to be following the creatard script. Deny science, use strawman arguments. Act like a general idiot. So far you have hit three of the biggies. All you have to do for the cycle is to deny the theory of evolution and you will have labeled yourself.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#78955 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Guy? My vagina says otherwise, pal. Okay. So you don't believe in Adam and Eve. Cool. What evidence do you have to disprove that exactly? I'm curious.
Here is what I was talking about. We don't have to prove the nonexistence of Adam and Eve. That is a negative statement. All we need to do is to point out that there is no evidence, except for a story told around a fire by some camel shaggers. Not what I would call very convincing material.

So if you want to claim they exist it is logically up to you to present the evidence of their existence.
FREE SERVANT
#78956 Mar 6, 2013
The truth is everything throughout the universe is systematically arranged to follow the plan and pattern of God. Systems were formed in the beginning and groups of things were put together for the purpose of the one and only Creator. God is truly great and his hand was at work when the heavens and the earth were formed and he has given all power to Jesus to prepare a new place.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#78957 Mar 6, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, in this case, nano is correct: there was light before there were stars. The cosmic background radiation, for example, was around long before any stars appeared AND (to avoid technicalities) emitted in the visible part of the spectrum before the first stars.
Yup the aftermath of the BB after the plasma cooled and expanded to a degree that visible light was possible, about half a million years I believe is the current thinking

But nano no mates was not to know that and it’s much to difficult a subject for her deliberately ignorance to comprehend. I was asking for proof no mates beliefs, however looking further into this thread it seems she refuses to provide it.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#78958 Mar 6, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Chance has nothing to do with deism. Eat shit, you lying fruit fly.
You do know that all I have to do is use the old metaleye on your avatar to know who you are, right? I can dig the copyright from it.
You should be more careful about exposing yourself or implicating the innocent. It's not that hard to prove you are lying. >:}
My darling honeybitch, I have no god so unlike you I see no need to lie or worship a myth in the “faith” of an everlasting hell for liars – Note you have been proven to be a liar and plagiarist – should get nice and toasty for your soul.

And I challenge you to show me my avatar has a copyright other than mine and fact that I, personally took the photograph. The only manipulation is sized to fit and horizontally transposed so the skull faces the text.

You make stupid statements based on nothing but ignorance, association with your own obnoxious mindset and a nasty christian attitude. Statements you are unable to back up so go into abusive rant mode.

So - PROVE IT - or admit you are a lying moron seething with good old christian hatred

I am not the one who plagiarised and then advertised that plagiarism – that was YOU. Because you got caught out plagiarising and because you accuse others of hypocrisy when you are the most hypocritical person I have ever had the misfortune to come across simply means you sick in the head (perhaps too much meths) but that’s not my problem.

I am not christian, I have no need to lower myself to your gutter level

P.S. Who did you plagiarise this current avatar from?

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I already linked it here. You should have read it. Hint: photon epoch.
Gimp.
Where??? Prove it. Personally I think you are just a lying hate merchant with no mates who uses christianity as a cover to hide behind.

P.S. You have instigated this name calling before (three times) and bottled out each time, I suppose it’s in your nature to go round and round and round hoping for a different outcome next time.
FREE SERVANT
#78959 Mar 6, 2013
Proof of Evidence wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Ghost written!
And Mikey we do care.
Thank you.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Level 1

Minneapolis

#78960 Mar 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The truth is everything throughout the universe is systematically arranged to follow the plan and pattern of God. Systems were formed in the beginning and groups of things were put together for the purpose of the one and only Creator. God is truly great and his hand was at work when the heavens and the earth were formed and he has given all power to Jesus to prepare a new place.
The truth is there is no truth in your statement. You are applying a systematic universe (which I am sure you know very little about) and giving it a god, the god of your belief from a book written by men.

Considering your book written by men can you explain what is systematic or even logical about your story which goes something like this:

One upon a time there was a god who was prone to hissy fits and who applied many asinine rules to his creation, such as "don't eat my apples".

After allowing his creation free will he was dissatisfied with his creation so in order to correct things he decided to take a trip to planet earth by means of virgin (important point) vagina (the only way to travel) to set things straight. He created himself into his "only" son, shot through a virgin vagina landed in a stable intent on a suicide mission to save us from himself.

Make sense?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#78961 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
Seriously. You people could argue with a lamppost.
Isn't that what creationists are?(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#78962 Mar 6, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Roughly 380,000 years after the Big Bang, matter cooled enough for atoms to form during the era of recombination, resulting in a transparent, electrically neutral gas. This set loose the *initial flash of light* created during the Big Bang, which is detectable today as cosmic microwave background radiation. However, after this point, the universe was plunged into darkness, since no stars or any other bright objects had formed yet.
http://www.space.com/52-the-expanding-univers...
amazing...light first...and then the stars.
Who would have thought that light was preceded by the formation of stars?
But yet that is exactly how it unfolds in genesis.
Plants didn't appear before the sun. Luckily we got another Genesis with a different order as back up, eh?

Evidence is irrelevant to creationists, therefore it is dishonest for them to claim evidence supports their position.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#78963 Mar 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't really want to prove it. They just want to attack it. They got nothing better to do.
Funny, I'm not really aware of many cases of scientists demanding they teach science in church. But I AM aware of MANY DECADES of fundies illegaly attempting to push religious apologetics into public school science classes.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#78964 Mar 6, 2013
Proof of Evidence wrote:
<quoted text>
"And you can't in the US. Private schools are the exception."
You can't teach science in school?
What? Am I reading this wrong?
"Babylon wrote, "Well if he was "God is a non-scientific concept." then you could not teach science in school."
Is this not saying if God was a scientific concept you then could not teach science in school?
Well that's what I get out of it.
Yes, you're reading it wrong.

You can teach science in science class. But you can't teach God in science class. Because -

1 - it's not scientific.

2 - it's illegal to teach in public schools. That's what churches and private schools are for.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#78965 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor will any test (via scientific method) ever prove the lack thereof. Thus your point is invalid. All you're left with is your own opinion. Which you are entitled to. However, you are not entitled to call my belief as a theist a lie seeing as how you cannot use the scientific method to prove it as such.
I can say that your belief is your opinion. i tis a lie to say that it is a fact. That science cannot say whether it is true or false is what makes it an opinion and not a fact.
FREE SERVANT
#78966 Mar 6, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is there is no truth in your statement. You are applying a systematic universe (which I am sure you know very little about) and giving it a god, the god of your belief from a book written by men.
Considering your book written by men can you explain what is systematic or even logical about your story which goes something like this:
One upon a time there was a god who was prone to hissy fits and who applied many asinine rules to his creation, such as "don't eat my apples".
After allowing his creation free will he was dissatisfied with his creation so in order to correct things he decided to take a trip to planet earth by means of virgin (important point) vagina (the only way to travel) to set things straight. He created himself into his "only" son, shot through a virgin vagina landed in a stable intent on a suicide mission to save us from himself.
Make sense?
It is not that funny. You are making fun of something you should not.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#78967 Mar 6, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, I have learned that when you tell me a scientific truth today, that tomorrow it might not be so true after all...but one thing that I do have to give to you... consistency.
Consistent ignorance?

Thank you, but no.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#78968 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Not what I said. I said you can't use the scientific method to disprove it. Something can't not exist just because you say so. Formulate whatever opinion you want. That doesn't mean you have the right to condemn mine.
So what does it mean when you say something does not exist? Isn't it *exactly* that there is no way to detect such a thing, even in theory? Otherwise, how do you demonstrate that there is not an elephant in my living room?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#78969 Mar 6, 2013
Proof of Evidence wrote:
I do have proof of evidence. I would not be the first or only one with proof of evidence.
Proof of Evidence wrote:
(And you know that how?)
The same way you know 2+2=4
Then in which case you should have no trouble at all whatsoever explaining how to test your hypothesis in an objectively verifiable manner via the scientific method.

Thanks in advance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min Chimney1 35,135
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 37 min Kenedy njoroge 151,332
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 7 hr Richardfs 14,940
News ID Isn't Science, But That's the Least Of Its P... 19 hr DanFromSmithville 36
Ribose can be produced in space Mon JanusBifrons 6
A Simple Simulation Mon JanusBifrons 1
My Story Part 2 Mon JanusBifrons 1
More from around the web