Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 173665 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Religion of Evolution

Sicklerville, NJ

#78851 Mar 5, 2013
In the beginning was an organism. And this organism was simple, really simple. So simple that I could draw it on a piece of paper for you in half a second. Then it started to get serious about being more than just simple, so it grew squiggly stuff! Why? Well there was no reason, it just happened to like to change. But then it figured out that with change it could do more, like split in two! Wow! that is just awesome. Now we got 2 squiggly cells that have to live long enough and figure out how to split again! Yeah, that happened...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#78852 Mar 5, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Within 100 years, most of the scientific ideologies of today, will more than likely be obsolete.
Your scientists of today will be consider primitive neanderthals, compared to science in 100 years.
But the concepts of the bible will still be the same.
I prophecy that the age of the earth will be the same or slightly older....the universe will probably be thought to be older. We will still acknowledge that Neanderthals and all the other Homo species did live in those many many tens of thousands of years ago and that we evolved from them.

Probably more of the Bible will be disproven (on top of what we now know is wrong).

Earth will undoubtedly suffer another world war and our population will be way down, America may well have a revolution, but we will NOT suffer Armageddon and no God will take over.....or whatever Jesus freaks are thinking will happen. In fact in another 100 years religion will hopefully be a faint memory.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#78853 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you don't question their historical relevance. Question their teachings all you want. This still doesn't disprove the existence of God.
We're getting there my friend.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#78854 Mar 5, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
No one was around when your supposed 'God' supposedly created the universe. So you have no idea.
Yup. I'm just as clueless as you are.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Level 1

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#78855 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Cult? There goes that word again. Much more can be said if one would only listen. You only see what you wanna see though. No matter. The existence of God can neither be proven or disproven using the scientific method so formulate your own opinions as you wish. However, don't condemn me for having my own. For in doing so, you haven't a pot to piss in.
You keep on about "The existence of God can neither be proven or disproven using the scientific method", with that, why is it so important for those who believe in the existence of an unproven god accompanied by books written by men to force their myths on a society?

Level 1

Minneapolis

#78856 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>tought o disprove a myth. can you disprove the Easter bunny? why not. so you are saying the easter bunny exists?
see how silly your un-argument is?
Hi woodtick...how have you been? Did it snow much your way today?

Level 5

above and beyond

#78857 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I claim the spaghetti monster didn't exist? I thought I only mentioned that I don't worship him. Anything is possible I suppose. By all means, if you see the spaghetti monster, kindly tell him I'm hungry.
I just had pasta with shrimp scampi and mussels for dinner. I am a pastafarian all the way!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#78858 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Cult? There goes that word again. Much more can be said if one would only listen. You only see what you wanna see though. No matter. The existence of God can neither be proven or disproven using the scientific method so formulate your own opinions as you wish. However, don't condemn me for having my own. For in doing so, you haven't a pot to piss in.
what is wrong with that word, it is a perfect description of religious groups.

Level 1

Minneapolis

#78859 Mar 5, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact in another 100 years religion will hopefully be a faint memory.
Or undergo a dramatic metamorphosis. The catholic church will certainly have to as they are losing mega money and we all know how they hate that.:O)

St. Croix valley

#78860 Mar 5, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi woodtick...how have you been? Did it snow much your way today?
I'm down in the cities till i leave for Chicagoe this weekend...pretty snow today.

Level 5

above and beyond

#78861 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yah don't mind that cultivating plant savant. He's just being annoying all the time. I bet he makes a good PEST-icide for his plants.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#78862 Mar 5, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>We're getting there my friend.
Have fun with that.

St. Croix valley

#78863 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I claim the spaghetti monster didn't exist? I thought I only mentioned that I don't worship him. Anything is possible I suppose. By all means, if you see the spaghetti monster, kindly tell him I'm hungry.
Two gods are possible? man, you're gonna get it fron that chritian god...he's very jealous and vindictive....

Level 5

above and beyond

#78864 Mar 5, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep on about "The existence of God can neither be proven or disproven using the scientific method", with that, why is it so important for those who believe in the existence of an unproven god accompanied by books written by men to force their myths on a society?
Do you know what the first mass produced printed book was? If you knew this, you would know why that book has value. You don't have to be a bible literalist to know it.

Location hidden

#78865 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>tought o disprove a myth. can you disprove the Easter bunny? why not. so you are saying the easter bunny exists?

see how silly your un-argument is?
No more silly than yours. You cannot use the scientific method to disprove the existence of God. End of story.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#78866 Mar 5, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. I'm just as clueless as you are.
I know you are.

St. Croix valley

#78867 Mar 5, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yah don't mind that cultivating plant savant. He's just being annoying all the time. I bet he makes a good PEST-icide for his plants.
yeah, and you're a peach....

sheesh!

Level 5

above and beyond

#78868 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you don't question their historical relevance. Question their teachings all you want. This still doesn't disprove the existence of God.
Some animals have better senses than humans. And some humans have better senses than others. I guess, that's what they are lacking.

Location hidden

#78869 Mar 5, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>You keep on about "The existence of God can neither be proven or disproven using the scientific method", with that, why is it so important for those who believe in the existence of an unproven god accompanied by books written by men to force their myths on a society?
Didn't I just leave you behind in the abortion forum? Stalking me now are you? I haven't personally imposed my "myths"upon anyone. Why is it so important for atheists to force their views upon the unsuspecting public? By all means, feel free to formulate your own opinions about the world around you. As is your right. Condemning others for having opinions contrary to your own doesn't make you any more right. Especially when you cannot use the scientific method to disprove the existence of God.

Location hidden

#78870 Mar 5, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>I just had pasta with shrimp scampi and mussels for dinner. I am a pastafarian all the way!
mmm...shrimp scampi

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 3 hr DanFromSmithville 143,921
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 18 hr GreyGhost 178,696
Satan's Lies and Scientist Guys (Sep '14) Sun Chilli J 13
How would creationists explain... (Nov '14) Sun Chimney1 583
News Intelligent design Sun Paul Porter1 22
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Sun Paul Porter1 421
Darwinism: Science or Philosophy? Sun Paul Porter1 56
More from around the web