Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,639)

Showing posts 72,761 - 72,780 of111,637
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Somewhere in time...”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
so your saying you we evolved from un-intelligence goo...more or less?
Even if that be the case...I fail to see how anyone could consider the process from goo, to complexity of life on earth as a un-intelligence process...it's completely irrational.
anunnaki

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>Did we have gay dinosaurs?

We best leave these theological issues to Charles.
Why of course there were gay dino's
Whether you had one or not, I would guess not.

Sorry Matt only the dumbest trolls get to own gay dinosaurs.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> In summary, science can not answer everything.
How the universe came into is yet to understood by science.
Science can not correct your statements. It strives.;p
There are a lot of theories, but suppose we figure it out, uh science figures it out, then you will still owe us the answers to the theological questions about the dinosaurs!

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Like I said before...pretty much all core religious beliefs are based on the recognition of the the intrinsic obvious intelligent processes that are plainly recognizable all around us...

Science fails to directly address these processes...by simply calling them "natural"?...why?

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

anunnaki wrote:
<quoted text>
I say!
We had troll's owning gay dinosours?
How do you know that?
And how do you know that was dumb?
Where was that written that dumb get's you a gay religious dino?

Oops sorry, that were three-in-one theological questions Charles still had to answer.

I suppose the troll's went along as ballast stones on the ark.

But the creation museum has dinosaurs!

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
That's different.
Never mind.
lol
you have a nice touch of dry humour.
anunnaki

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>I say!
We had troll's owning gay dinosours?
How do you know that?
And how do you know that was dumb?
Where was that written that dumb get's you a gay religious dino?

Oops sorry, that were three-in-one theological questions Charles still had to answer.

I suppose the troll's went along as ballast stones on the ark.

But the creation museum has dinosaurs!
I see you're upset. I'll see what I can do to get you a gay dinosaur.

There feel better?
anunnaki

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

"The term "Planet X" refers to the search for another planet beyond Pluto through mainstream scientific efforts. The space probes sent out by NASA, mainly Voyager, and Pioneer, detected perturbations in the outer planets which suggested that there is still another planet, or heavenly body beyond Pluto that is affecting the orbits of the outer planets. Some of the latest public knowledge about this research done by NASA was conducted by Dr. Robert Harrington, who was the lead astronomer at NASA's Naval Observatory in Washington.(now deceased)

The Planet X searched for by astronomers during the last two or three decades is the planet that was believed to be affecting the orbit of Neptune - once the effects of Uranus on Neptune had been taken into account. Lowell and several other astronomers made extensive searches and calculations in the region of sky that they had calculated as the position for the missing planet.

Then, Sept 30, 1846 --- one week after the discovery of Neptune, Le Verrier declared that there may be still another unknown planet out there. On October 10, Neptune's large moon Triton was discovered, which yielded an easy way to accurately determine the mass of Neptune, which turned out to be 2% larger than expected from the perturbations upon Uranus. Finally, astronomer Tombaugh found Pluto in 1930 - albeit six degrees away from the calculated point of their search for another planet beyond Neptune at that time.

It was quickly realized that Pluto was too small to have the supposed gravitational effect on Neptune, and so the search went on beyond Pluto, for yet one more missing planet, that we know call Planet X."

http://xfacts.com/xnews/index.html

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
so your saying you we evolved from un-intelligence goo...more or less?
Yes.
Frankly we have it pretty much all figured out.
Just haven't gotten to the point of summarizing it all.
(It involves a lot of scrolling over various lines, for the peer-reviewed science publications)
But the more you know, the more questions you end up having.
So at a certain point you have to decide when enough is enough.

But if meteorites and other space goo can do it then why should earth-goo not be able to do it!
The latter would be the underying assumption of your theory.
So you would have to proof that there is something so particular about earth that life could not have formed.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

anunnaki wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're upset. I'll see what I can do to get you a gay dinosaur.
There feel better?
And a boat...please?
anunnaki

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

"Stories throughout the english version of the bible, today's modern version, speak of many events that changed the coarse of humanity in our past. If we look at the stories in the bible as historical accounts of what actually took place, then we need to research the origins of these stories. The hebrew version of the bible, known as the Old Testament, which is a much older version than the english translation, is derived from the stories of the Sumerian Culture. When we trace the origins of the Old testament we can see that it is also based on previous translations from subsequent older languages throughout history.

The Sumerian culture, the first civilization to invent writing as a complete written language, recorded stories that have been preserved through the modern day biblical passages found in the Old and New testament. All of which speak of a time when man lived among their living gods here on earth. The Sumerians had 7 sacred tablets that explained our creation. These stories preserved in stone, are now told to us in the form of the english version, "7 days of creation"."

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

anunnaki wrote:
"The term "Planet X" refers to the search for another planet beyond Pluto through mainstream scientific efforts. The space probes sent out by NASA, mainly Voyager, and Pioneer, detected perturbations in the outer planets which suggested that there is still another planet, or heavenly body beyond Pluto that is affecting the orbits of the outer planets. Some of the latest public knowledge about this research done by NASA was conducted by Dr. Robert Harrington, who was the lead astronomer at NASA's Naval Observatory in Washington.(now deceased)
The Planet X searched for by astronomers during the last two or three decades is the planet that was believed to be affecting the orbit of Neptune - once the effects of Uranus on Neptune had been taken into account. Lowell and several other astronomers made extensive searches and calculations in the region of sky that they had calculated as the position for the missing planet.
Then, Sept 30, 1846 --- one week after the discovery of Neptune, Le Verrier declared that there may be still another unknown planet out there. On October 10, Neptune's large moon Triton was discovered, which yielded an easy way to accurately determine the mass of Neptune, which turned out to be 2% larger than expected from the perturbations upon Uranus. Finally, astronomer Tombaugh found Pluto in 1930 - albeit six degrees away from the calculated point of their search for another planet beyond Neptune at that time.
It was quickly realized that Pluto was too small to have the supposed gravitational effect on Neptune, and so the search went on beyond Pluto, for yet one more missing planet, that we know call Planet X."
From the latest on mercury we know it drifted in.

But i would have to read up, as to what the perturbations could be attributed to.

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Frankly we have it pretty much all figured out.
Just haven't gotten to the point of summarizing it all.
(It involves a lot of scrolling over various lines, for the peer-reviewed science publications)
But the more you know, the more questions you end up having.
So at a certain point you have to decide when enough is enough.
But if meteorites and other space goo can do it then why should earth-goo not be able to do it!
The latter would be the underying assumption of your theory.
So you would have to proof that there is something so particular about earth that life could not have formed.
Will you at lease agree that it is a process...?

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

anunnaki wrote:
"Stories throughout the english version of the bible, today's modern version, speak of many events that changed the coarse of humanity in our past. If we look at the stories in the bible as historical accounts of what actually took place, then we need to research the origins of these stories. The hebrew version of the bible, known as the Old Testament, which is a much older version than the english translation, is derived from the stories of the Sumerian Culture. When we trace the origins of the Old testament we can see that it is also based on previous translations from subsequent older languages throughout history.
The Sumerian culture, the first civilization to invent writing as a complete written language, recorded stories that have been preserved through the modern day biblical passages found in the Old and New testament. All of which speak of a time when man lived among their living gods here on earth. The Sumerians had 7 sacred tablets that explained our creation. These stories preserved in stone, are now told to us in the form of the english version, "7 days of creation"."
Various cultures as a matter of fact.
A few days ago i tried to find more information on Luvian linguistics. And Assyrian..ah Nibiru.
I was frankly bombarded with niburu and planet x.
Niburu Babylonian astronomy as search term saved me.

There are actually entire cultures underlying the tanakh that are still alien to us.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

anunnaki wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot where I heard it, but if there WERE gay dinosaurs, one of them must have been named "Megasorass".

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if that be the case...I fail to see how anyone could consider the process from goo, to complexity of life on earth as a un-intelligence process...it's completely irrational.
There's that supposition again of intelligence in potentia.

But what makes the earth a place where life could not have arisen?
That would be the main issue.
The serious question to you xxxooxxx.

Not whether f.i.the harmony principle caused life.

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
There's that supposition again of intelligence in potentia.
But what makes the earth a place where life could not have arisen?
That would be the main issue.
The serious question to you xxxooxxx.
Not whether f.i.the harmony principle caused life.
Then what kind of process is it?

Since: Feb 13

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>you watch to much tv...lol
My hatred for the Christian religion is all based off of my own experiences. I don't watch t.v I don't have cable

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

TaylorChristineCreations wrote:
<quoted text>
My hatred for the Christian religion is all based off of my own experiences. I don't watch t.v I don't have cable
Do you hate Christianity because there are bad Christians?

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you at lease agree that it is a process...?
Processed cheese.

Will you define process for me?

(What was extra-retro-soup writing about that again...uhhhhh??)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 72,761 - 72,780 of111,637
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••