Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,612)

Showing posts 72,221 - 72,240 of105,931
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Do you understand the point I am trying to get at?
i know the point you think you are getting at, but there is no logical reason to make that leap. none at all.

as i pre-emptively told you, the fact that there are cycles in nature only proves that there are cycles in nature...

slam.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
BFD
This is a simple but profound truth.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, i gave completely true info, and I understand the concept fine, just asking you if anyone has ever detected this mysterious matter, which you can't seem to answer.
As we spoke about some pages back. even i forgot the name (it's not used that often, but then i used) but the simplest hydrogen atom is meant.
The video however suggests different. I saw the one on the volcanic moon first too. Just to get some idea as to who that Adam fellow was.
There where several others to choose from. The one with the pic. of the shooting jet from a spherical shape f.i.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i know the point you think you are getting at, but there is no logical reason to make that leap. none at all.
as i pre-emptively told you, the fact that there are cycles in nature only proves that there are cycles in nature...
slam.
There are ordered cycles in nature and they are patterned to repeat to convey something.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>This is a simple but profound truth.
That musicians use chord progression? True. That this relates to anything beyond music? Nope.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>There are ordered cycles in nature and they are patterned to repeat to convey something.
You mean like C, F & G?

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
So i did not ignore you but set to work to find something that wouldmake it easy to understand.
So it is about combining electro-magnetic force-photons and electro-weak-force looks like photons BUT have mass.
The results from unifying where later called W and Z particles.
And (video) the field slowing them down so they could even collide T0 + 400,000 would be the higgsfield.
But something went before that.
So the celebrity would be the higgs-boson but causing a lasting effect.
Ah well that is the media-angle and how they got to god-particle. HOWEVER
Or occur simultaniously or be the artefact.
Usually an interrelatedness is suggested, not so much a cause. For supersymmetry would try the couple such bosons to a virtual particle, it's twinshadow so to say.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>There are ordered cycles in nature and they are patterned to repeat to convey something.
there is no logical reason to make that leap of thought. none at all.

again, the fact that there are patterns and cycles in nature only proves that there are patterns and cycles in nature. nothing more.

you may beoive what you wish, but that means nothing.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there is no logical reason to make that leap of thought. none at all.
again, the fact that there are patterns and cycles in nature only proves that there are patterns and cycles in nature. nothing more.
you may beoive what you wish, but that means nothing.
There are patterned cycles in nature and why would you think this is so?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like C, F & G?
Yeah, in threes usually.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

MikeF wrote:
Speaking of that goddamn particle:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/18/us-...
Maybe the guy get's nervous being interviewed. He afterall stated that ATLAS had but detected a mere imposter.
Stuff happens anywhere between 125 GeV and anywhere on TeV scale.
And we've got pancaked...flat...nice that something will jump out.
But why?
https://docs.google.com/viewer...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>There are patterned cycles in nature and why would you think this is so?
Because things work well in cycles.

Randomness would be a poor way to run a universe.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No they have not created one yet. Right now CERN is not even at work. It's under maintenance.
The information and confirmation i had also included inthe long post, but here it is 4 juli 2012 confirmed 12 december 2012.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TAM...

The only one i'm still looking for is the hole in the CMBR
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Because things work well in cycles.
Randomness would be a poor way to run a universe.
You said it!

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, i clearly repeated what the scientists at Cern are saying? what part of that do you not understand? if you cannot understand those simple sentences, why do you think you can understand physics?(or were you purposefully attempting to attribute to me things I did not say?)
Well intellectual honesty would demand stating that they did claim it uptp 7sigma and that Lykken for ever is firmly convinced that they have not found the real thing.
But why a higgs-boson at 126 GeV would spook him into stating H-B's spitting creation all around when we are long gone, is beyond me.
Scalars seem to be his thing.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well intellectual honesty would demand stating that they did claim it uptp 7sigma and that Lykken for ever is firmly convinced that they have not found the real thing.
But why a higgs-boson at 126 GeV would spook him into stating H-B's spitting creation all around when we are long gone, is beyond me.
Scalars seem to be his thing.
yes, i understand that not all the people involved think they have found it. perhaps we have not. at least we have evidence to suggest it should exist, unlike this mysterious prime matter...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You said it!
that in no way suggests any intelligent design of the universe. just that nature tends to work efficiently.

again, all you have proved is that there exist cycles and patterns in nature, nothing more.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Humanoid wrote:
<quoted text>Thats the right question Cybele. You are intelligent because unlike the others on topix you are curious even knowing the possibiliy of alien beings by human standards is impossible.......so was the moon landing. What event changed your life, your thought process?
Experience. People don't understand the mind and why there are mental disorders and don't know how to deal with them. It's like being being born with an ability but don't know how to use it. Well I figured it out.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, i understand that not all the people involved think they have found it. perhaps we have not. at least we have evidence to suggest it should exist, unlike this mysterious prime matter...
At least the explanation Cybele gave was correct. but beats me what it's called when it's in the kitchen. Also something with pri..

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Ah wiki
The most abundant isotope, hydrogen-1, protium, or light hydrogen, contains no neutrons; other isotopes of hydrogen, such as deuterium or tritium, contain one or more neutrons. The formulas below are valid for all three isotopes of hydrogen, but slightly different values of the Rydberg constant (correction formula given below) must be used for each hydrogen isotope.

PROTIUM monoatomic very rare on earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 72,221 - 72,240 of105,931
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••