Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#76607 Feb 19, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>There are patterned cycles in nature and why would you think this is so?
Because things work well in cycles.

Randomness would be a poor way to run a universe.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#76608 Feb 19, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No they have not created one yet. Right now CERN is not even at work. It's under maintenance.
The information and confirmation i had also included inthe long post, but here it is 4 juli 2012 confirmed 12 december 2012.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TAM...

The only one i'm still looking for is the hole in the CMBR
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#76609 Feb 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Because things work well in cycles.
Randomness would be a poor way to run a universe.
You said it!

Level 5

Location hidden

#76610 Feb 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, i clearly repeated what the scientists at Cern are saying? what part of that do you not understand? if you cannot understand those simple sentences, why do you think you can understand physics?(or were you purposefully attempting to attribute to me things I did not say?)
Well intellectual honesty would demand stating that they did claim it uptp 7sigma and that Lykken for ever is firmly convinced that they have not found the real thing.
But why a higgs-boson at 126 GeV would spook him into stating H-B's spitting creation all around when we are long gone, is beyond me.
Scalars seem to be his thing.

St. Croix valley

#76611 Feb 19, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well intellectual honesty would demand stating that they did claim it uptp 7sigma and that Lykken for ever is firmly convinced that they have not found the real thing.
But why a higgs-boson at 126 GeV would spook him into stating H-B's spitting creation all around when we are long gone, is beyond me.
Scalars seem to be his thing.
yes, i understand that not all the people involved think they have found it. perhaps we have not. at least we have evidence to suggest it should exist, unlike this mysterious prime matter...

St. Croix valley

#76612 Feb 19, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You said it!
that in no way suggests any intelligent design of the universe. just that nature tends to work efficiently.

again, all you have proved is that there exist cycles and patterns in nature, nothing more.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#76613 Feb 19, 2013
Humanoid wrote:
<quoted text>Thats the right question Cybele. You are intelligent because unlike the others on topix you are curious even knowing the possibiliy of alien beings by human standards is impossible.......so was the moon landing. What event changed your life, your thought process?
Experience. People don't understand the mind and why there are mental disorders and don't know how to deal with them. It's like being being born with an ability but don't know how to use it. Well I figured it out.

Level 5

Location hidden

#76614 Feb 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, i understand that not all the people involved think they have found it. perhaps we have not. at least we have evidence to suggest it should exist, unlike this mysterious prime matter...
At least the explanation Cybele gave was correct. but beats me what it's called when it's in the kitchen. Also something with pri..

Level 5

Location hidden

#76615 Feb 19, 2013
Ah wiki
The most abundant isotope, hydrogen-1, protium, or light hydrogen, contains no neutrons; other isotopes of hydrogen, such as deuterium or tritium, contain one or more neutrons. The formulas below are valid for all three isotopes of hydrogen, but slightly different values of the Rydberg constant (correction formula given below) must be used for each hydrogen isotope.

PROTIUM monoatomic very rare on earth.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76616 Feb 19, 2013
Humanoid wrote:
<quoted text>Thats the right question Cybele. You are intelligent because unlike the others on topix you are curious even knowing the possibiliy of alien beings by human standards is impossible.......so was the moon landing. What event changed your life, your thought process?
Neither aliens or the moonlanding are impossible.

It's just we only have evidence of one.

Remember you cannot judge other people's intelligence because:

1 - You're human and pointed out the alien's methods are beyond human comprehension.

2 - You're an alien involved in a conspiracy to manipulate humans and you've blown your cover.

Makes no odds to me which dumb you pick.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76617 Feb 19, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, in threes usually.
Three is the number thou shalt count, and the number that shalt count will be three!!!

Level 5

above and beyond

#76618 Feb 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, i understand that not all the people involved think they have found it. perhaps we have not. at least we have evidence to suggest it should exist, unlike this mysterious prime matter...
So you don't think that hydrogen exists? Wow. You amaze me.

St. Croix valley

#76619 Feb 19, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it exists. your mystery prime matter is what is in question. has anyone detected it yet? anything that suggests it exists at all?

St. Croix valley

#76620 Feb 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Three is the number thou shalt count, and the number that shalt count will be three!!!
Five is right out!

St. Croix valley

#76621 Feb 19, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you continually attribute to me things i never even came close to implying?

is that your only form of debate?

Level 5

above and beyond

#76622 Feb 19, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
At least the explanation Cybele gave was correct. but beats me what it's called when it's in the kitchen. Also something with pri..
or the bathroom. lol

St. Croix valley

#76623 Feb 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither aliens or the moonlanding are impossible.
It's just we only have evidence of one.
Remember you cannot judge other people's intelligence because:
1 - You're human and pointed out the alien's methods are beyond human comprehension.
2 - You're an alien involved in a conspiracy to manipulate humans and you've blown your cover.
Makes no odds to me which dumb you pick.(shrug)
alien outlaw got a new moniker! how exciting!
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#76624 Feb 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Five is right out!
A pattern is shown.....

Level 5

above and beyond

#76625 Feb 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>I know it exists. your mystery prime matter is what is in question. has anyone detected it yet? anything that suggests it exists at all?
So you don't think the hydrogen atom can't be broken down into particles?

Maybe you need to watch it again.

FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#76626 Feb 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>I know it exists. your mystery prime matter is what is in question. has anyone detected it yet? anything that suggests it exists at all?
Too much money is being spent on such.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 41 min Kong_ 665
How would creationists explain... 1 hr replaytime 416
Science News (Sep '13) Wed positronium 2,944
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) Dec 22 Chimney1 13,624
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Dec 20 nobody 7
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) Dec 19 Zach 4
Genetic entropy Dec 18 Discord 159
More from around the web