Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
bohart

Newport, TN

#75813 Feb 14, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
As a normal human being I am ignorant of many things. Most people are. However on the subjects we are talking about your claim of my ignorance just isn't the case. Quite simply I know more about science than you do, period. The reason being is that you had an abysmally poor education.
You have my pity.
<quoted text>
Faith is superfluous when one has evidence. I have it. You can't address it. So all you have are silly insults and lame jokes about puddle goo. Truly the Nelson Muntz style of debating.
<quoted text>
Truth is subjective. You do not understand this. Hence no cloak is needed.
<quoted text>
On the contrary, I'm quite open to the possibility of any creator you might be able to describe. Is it my fault you're incapable of describing it in any meaningful manner?
<quoted text>
Nice straw-man. And another fine example of your dishonesty and cowardice.
The world must be a really scary place for you for it to inspire so much fear so.
Lame jokes? your position on lifes origins is far funnier than anyone could be, and your dodging of it is insulting.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#75814 Feb 14, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
..Stands out as an anachronism of an intolerant Gerontocracy.
Ugly!
Take a look at the mirror.

Level 2

Location hidden

#75815 Feb 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>When human put them down on the Earth they sure can be seen buffoon! have you never been to the equator in Quito? We mark out the north and south poles.
are you really this stupid?
Imaginary lines are not visible, Buffoon.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75816 Feb 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/bahr_yussef
Also Check the work of Prof. W. Albright.
you can[t explain it yourself? if you can['t, you don't understand it yourself...

St. Croix valley

#75817 Feb 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/bahr_yussef
Also Check the work of Prof. W. Albright.
Dead link... regardless, if anyone efver had proof that the bible myth is true, it would be worldwide in a day.

no-one has any evidence for your re-hashed, tired old myth...

St. Croix valley

#75818 Feb 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Imaginary lines are not visible, Buffoon.
they are not imaginary. i touched one of them. it was real.

you are a fool and your logic is at the third grade level...

St. Croix valley

#75819 Feb 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Imaginary lines are not visible, Buffoon.
Correction..they are not all imaginary in all places...

Level 2

Location hidden

#75820 Feb 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you can[t explain it yourself? if you can['t, you don't understand it yourself...
A simple answer, God exist!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#75821 Feb 14, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
"Shalt thou give law to God? shalt thou dispute with him the points of liberty who made thee what thou art, and formed the powers of heaven , such as he pleased,and circumscribed their being?"
John Milton....Paradise Lost
This is simply a poor excuse that Christians try to use when people point out how foolish their religion is.

Guess what bo? Al religions have a line like this.

Religions have always had to fight against people who could see through the bullshit.
Superwilly

Butler, PA

#75822 Feb 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>don't know if you saw this earlier...
http://xkcd.com/808/
if religion did what it said it does, it would be the hit you described. yet it still has to compete with all the other cults. it has to change the word of its god to remain relevant to society lest it be overtaken by the other cults.
funny stuff!
Christianity is not about "it" doing something for you, some sort of cosmic genie who has to appease us, ie "stay relevant" or "prove" himself to us. Christianity is about taking Jesus at his word and following it.

St. Croix valley

#75823 Feb 14, 2013
Superwilly wrote:
<quoted text> Christianity is not about "it" doing something for you, some sort of cosmic genie who has to appease us, ie "stay relevant" or "prove" himself to us. Christianity is about taking Jesus at his word and following it.
and even that would be magical, and spread around the world in a minute.

So the healing people with prayer is about what it can do for you? i thought it was what it can do for the suffering? hmmmm....

epic fail....

St. Croix valley

#75824 Feb 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> A simple answer, God exist!
why can you never prove that?

aren't you openly lying everytime you say that with out proof? how does your god feel about openly lying?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#75825 Feb 14, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
"Shalt thou give law to God? shalt thou dispute with him the points of liberty who made thee what thou art, and formed the powers of heaven , such as he pleased,and circumscribed their being?"
John Milton....Paradise Lost
Why how profound!

Well maybe it would have been if you had wrote it.(shrug)

But we can dispute anything about God. After all, everything we know about it only ever comes from human beings. Not directly from God itself.

We've never had access to the "Word of God".

Level 2

Location hidden

#75826 Feb 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Dead link... regardless, if anyone efver had proof that the bible myth is true, it would be worldwide in a day.
no-one has any evidence for your re-hashed, tired old myth...
The numbers of Christians world wide are few, true or false?
Whether Buffoon or not, every one knows the answer.

Level 2

Location hidden

#75827 Feb 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why can you never prove that?
aren't you openly lying everytime you say that with out proof? how does your god feel about openly lying?
Now tell me how did the universe came into form?
You are indeed clueless.

St. Croix valley

#75828 Feb 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The numbers of Christians world wide are few, true or false?
Theya re not world wide.

and who says this proof of god would be your god?

your logic is getting lamer and lamer as you are proved wrong on more adn more of your pathetic attempts to justify your cult...

St. Croix valley

#75829 Feb 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Now tell me how did the universe came into form?
You are indeed clueless.
I have. many times.

St. Croix valley

#75830 Feb 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Now tell me how did the universe came into form?
You are indeed clueless.
Starting your psychotic repetition so early in the day, Chaz? not going so well, huh?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#75831 Feb 14, 2013
bohart wrote:
Lame jokes? your position on lifes origins is far funnier than anyone could be, and your dodging
Dodging? Sir, I have directly addressed it. Many times over. And you know this.

Observation that life is made up of chemistry? Observable fact.

Observation that new life develops from naturally occurring chemical processes? Observable fact.

Observation of life? Observable fact.

Observation of evolution? Observable fact.

Observation of magical poofing of organisms by invisible Jewish wizards? SWEET F A.

Hypothesis - Abiogenesis is the result of naturally occurring chemical processes from the abundance of chemicals present in the Earths early environment. Observations to support this include planet-wide chemistry as well as the earliest forms of organisms being bacterial/micriobial in nature, the reproduction of which gradually led to a great variety of lifeforms with no violations of nested hierarchy. Currently being researched by numerous scientific organizations across the world.

Hypothesis - magical poofing of life due to the intervention of an interdimensional invisible Jewish wizard. Scientific observations to support this include... well, uh... SWEET F A. Currently undergoing scientific research by... absolutely positively NO-ONE on the entire frakking planet.
bohart wrote:
your dodging of it is insulting.
Good. I'm glad you're insulted. I tend to do that to ignorant people who insist on parading their ignorance in the face of reality.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#75832 Feb 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The numbers of Christians world wide are few, true or false?
Yeah, you keep lying about this one. The Catholic church, and by extension many Catholics have no problem accepting evolution. Therefore according to Chuck's Divine criteria (cuz you're in charge of letting people into paradise) they are not "True Christians". However this would DRASTICALLY affect the figures that demonstrate Christianity to be (just about) the most popular religion in the world with a majority of around 34%(just over one third). You just cut that number in half.

Not that popularity alone necessarily dictates validity anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How would creationists explain... 2 hr Dogen 331
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 2 hr ChromiuMan 529
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 6 hr Brian_G 13,618
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) 19 hr Zach 4
Science News (Sep '13) Fri positronium 2,943
Genetic entropy Thu Discord 159
What you should know about Tuesday's vote on ev... (Feb '08) Wed IAMIOOWAN 516
More from around the web