Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#75479 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You can start thinking now. I posted the words for you! You can use numbers if you want too. ;-)
now your either trying to give me a hint....or your trying to throw me of intentionally...hummm.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75480 Feb 12, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so your a politician...well that explains everything.
no, just another part of my world i like to know about..

i was a political SCIENCE major at university...

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#75481 Feb 12, 2013
Time zero + 400,000 years, location everywhere.

But yes i sometimes also like to read a bit more. Read a lot from others, contributed a lot, but i was absent for months so always curious whats new.

You started great..long posts very informative.
--
2 quotes (other forum long philosophical discussions about the awareness process of humans, and half a year later it bears fruit)
Evolution as a process of revelation and self-manifestation.

I think of that underlying One in immanent terms, a being or life force that dwells within the universe and all its forms, rather than a Creator from beyond who forms a world that is "other" and separate from its own Self.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#75482 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, just another part of my world i like to know about..
well that's even worse.

Level 5

Location hidden

#75483 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, just another part of my world i like to know about..
So you had to take some post on some board to deal with everyday bureaucratic issues, and found your niche?
Usually people run away screaming. That would be plants..eh democrats.

St. Croix valley

#75484 Feb 12, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
well that's even worse.
yes, why be involved in your world, just hole up and read your cult books...

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75485 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the point of location is on the back of your towel..
How did you know I had a towel ona while ago? lol

St. Croix valley

#75486 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you know I had a towel ona while ago? lol
TMI...

Level 5

Location hidden

#75487 Feb 12, 2013
KandoDogon apropos 'helper'
A hebrew saying: help me help.
It has a bit of a complicated story behind it, but that would be the essence.

St. Croix valley

#75488 Feb 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
So you had to take some post on some board to deal with everyday bureaucratic issues, and found your niche?
Usually people run away screaming. That would be plants..eh democrats.
ironically, having put myself through school working on landscaping crews, i ended up with a degree in landscape design. so I know about how plants turned into democrats....

Level 5

above and beyond

#75489 Feb 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Time zero + 400,000 years, location everywhere.
But yes i sometimes also like to read a bit more. Read a lot from others, contributed a lot, but i was absent for months so always curious whats new.
You started great..long posts very informative.
--
2 quotes (other forum long philosophical discussions about the awareness process of humans, and half a year later it bears fruit)
Evolution as a process of revelation and self-manifestation.
I think of that underlying One in immanent terms, a being or life force that dwells within the universe and all its forms, rather than a Creator from beyond who forms a world that is "other" and separate from its own Self.
How do you know God could be outside his creations and then became his creations? Ever heard of Pandeism? I'm somewhat a Pandeist.

I believe in this claim:

"It is therefore most particularly the belief that the creator of the universe actually became the universe, and so ceased to exist as a separate and conscious entity."

but I don't agree with the concept of Deism alone:

Deism (that the creator-god who designed the universe no longer exists in a status where it can be reached, and can instead be confirmed only by reason)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandeism

Level 5

above and beyond

#75490 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ironically, having put myself through school working on landscaping crews, i ended up with a degree in landscape design. so I know about how plants turned into democrats....
So do you have a green thumb too or is that TMI?

St. Croix valley

#75491 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know God could be outside his creations and then became his creations? Ever heard of Pandeism? I'm somewhat a Pandeist.
I believe in this claim:
"It is therefore most particularly the belief that the creator of the universe actually became the universe, and so ceased to exist as a separate and conscious entity."
but I don't agree with the concept of Deism alone:
Deism (that the creator-god who designed the universe no longer exists in a status where it can be reached, and can instead be confirmed only by reason)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandeism
Why do you believe this? is there any indication that this might be true? did it just sound cool?

St. Croix valley

#75492 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you have a green thumb too or is that TMI?
i do quite well with plants...mainly perennial flowers, never got into veggie gardening much until recently, and that is really a learning experience.

Level 5

above and beyond

#75493 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you believe this? is there any indication that this might be true? did it just sound cool?
Because I believe in the pantheist concept of One is all and all is one. I'm not sure maybe I'm more of a pantheist.

St. Croix valley

#75494 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I believe in the pantheist concept of One is all and all is one. I'm not sure maybe I'm more of a pantheist.
Again, why do you believe this. what led you to think this is the truth of the universe? some evidence suggesting it may be true? cool name? great swag from the regionsl distributor? what?

Level 5

Location hidden

#75495 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying 42 is the answer to everything, life, and the universe. So what exactly is T0 +400,000 with no point of location.
Just two links, nothing fancy, one even has cartoonlike pictures(i'm pretty sure the ones i posted last saturday or sunday were not read. Nor the one i reposted)
And at the same time i'm reviewing and sorting out if i still got it right, in my memory.
http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/11...
Lyman alpha systems and cosmolgy
http://astro.berkeley.edu/~jcohn/lya.html

Level 5

above and beyond

#75496 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i do quite well with plants...mainly perennial flowers, never got into veggie gardening much until recently, and that is really a learning experience.
I love iris flowers. I want to plant them in my backyard but I'll learn to do that soon. I also love sunflowers, the big ones.

Level 5

Location hidden

#75497 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo sure you're not a panENtheist?

St. Croix valley

#75498 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I love iris flowers. I want to plant them in my backyard but I'll learn to do that soon. I also love sunflowers, the big ones.
the most common mistake with the iris is planting the corm (bulb) too deep. they like as much sun as they can get and you need to divide them REGULARLY. i too like the many and varied variety of iris flowers that have evolved on our puddly little rock...

put up many bird feeders and use oilers, then you'll get sunflowers in all your gardens whether you want them or not!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No Place For ID? 9 min Dogen 89
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 1 hr In Six Days 1,684
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 hr Chimney1 18,851
Why Are There No Transitional Animals Today? (Mar '09) 12 hr yoo 895
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) Sun Paul Porter1 13,692
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) Sun Kong_ 178,596
The Definition of a Creationist Scientist Sun Zog Has-fallen 3
More from around the web