Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,551)

Showing posts 71,001 - 71,020 of111,665
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
DA-innate
A language search shows that it always mean Innate, inner- interconnection that can not be broken, symbiosis.
We can even go from (roumenian yes)da-ida-ita(thus latin).
And i presume also da-the:theos-deos.
And in Ewe we see it even means mother, bow and snake (twine,creation-myth or for the milky way one can see from the region), all to do with necessary connection.
Similar meaning: of,from,the
D(alet)paleo-hebrew: door, way, path, womb a.o.
Also in sumerian we find innate.
BU.BA corner(s) as in winddirection. BU-sharp DA-innate. Or of, is, be.
Did you know that the word flirt originally meant "stroke of wit?"

lol

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

perimater-perimeter

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
ok i made a mistake, then WHAT permited the happening these reations
Laws of physics, chemistry.
Start tiny and simple and it build by making connections that influence the environment.
Vacuum and branes, geons, would be one theory.
Or maybe we are an universe in a universe.
Or parallel multiverses.
Huge black holes interacting again(i've discounted that one since black holes do have limits and emit matter.)

There are a lot of theories with their mathematics.
But first we have to find the working principles, try to falsify all those theories.

Like establising that there are 500 forms of matter.
Well also that will be reviewed.
Or whether the fabric of the universe has some sort of foamy structure.

As an aside:
What makes god problematic is the tendency of believers to ever extend god. God of the gaps.
From tribal, it goes to empire, then the world, followed with the milkyway. When we could look beyond the milkyway suddenly god get's bigger too as well as causal.
So what if there are multiverses each in their own parallel bubble, is it the same god too?

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
No, i did not, but had some social researchers known that, they would ages ago have figured out that wit makes people attractive.
Fascinating languages.
Now i'll look for the original meaaning of wit

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know the word hydrogen was derived from the french word/suffix 'hydro-gene'
maybe that's a clue.
Sure.

Means "water-maker" - if you burn it, you get water.

Clue to what?

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

wit (n.)
"mental capacity," Old English wit, more commonly gewit, from Proto-Germanic *witjan (cf. Old Saxon wit, Old Norse vit, Danish vid, Swedish vett, Old Frisian wit, Old High German wizzi "knowledge, understanding, intelligence, mind," German Witz "wit, witticism, joke," Gothic unwiti "ignorance"), from PIE *woid-/*weid-/*wid- "to see," metaphorically "to know" (see vision). Related to Old English witan "to know" (source of wit (v.)). Meaning "ability to make clever remarks in an amusing way" is first recorded 1540s; that of "person of wit or learning" is from late 15c. For nuances of usage, see humor.
A witty saying proves nothing.[Voltaire, Diner du Comte de Boulainvilliers]
wit (v.)
"know," Old English witan "to know," from Proto-Germanic *witanan "to have seen," hence "to know" (cf. Old Saxon witan, Old Norse vita, Old Frisian wita, Middle Dutch, Dutch weten, Old High German wizzan, German wissen, Gothic witan "to know"); see wit (n.). The phrase to wit, almost the only surviving use of the verb, is first recorded 1570s, from earlier that is to wit (mid-14c.), probably a loan-translation of Anglo-French cestasavoir, used to render Latin videlicet (see viz.).

Ah someone who knows much sees much. In greek to see is also used as allusion to intelligence.
They even had a short form. Like we use acronyms.
Used f.i. where later jesus was inserted in bibles.
The same use of see as know in the hebrew, f.i. Abram saw more then most, the mindseye.
wit
an

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do believe that these physical and chemical laws triggered by themseves from the nothingness?
Yes. That 'nothingness' is essential for the process.
A few days back i (re)posted a paper, 3 in one, about it.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
Then tell me created these chemical products,who created these stars,who have permit the existance of these reactions?
Your ignorance of science is not proof of your deity.

Go to your local library* and get a copy of "We Need To Talk About Kelvin", by science writer Marcus Chown.

It's a good primer on astrophysics, but don't be frightened - it's virtually in baby-talk.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Originally, it meant "sneer".

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/stroke#Etymolog...

flirting as stroke of wit, i would define as a prank (dutch streek) of seeing.

It's not like a coupe de foudre: lightning stroke when peole fall madly in love.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Originally, it meant "sneer".
Your flirting at our gentle dispositions!
lol
I wonder how you got to that meaning.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
Then tell me how the nothingness appeared?
You suppose the same when the creation account is interpreted as the world was created from nothing.
I still have to find the first belever that ever wondered about that being true. Or what it was and where they left god in the first place.
What is nothing! How have you defined it KD?

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
If you discover a computer in a vast desert, will you say that this computer creat itself?
No i'll say it was nicked from a government truck.

Incomparable, and the way i know deserts is that you frankly stumble over people.
First nothing and 5 minutes later you have an entire village staring at you.

In Nostre Aetate the 1950 papal writ to improve relations between all faiths and the later follow up of 2005, it is noted that relations with muslims and the other faiths are excellent.
'The muslims have cordially given us the use of their deserts for the dead after judgement day.'
:P)
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
We know what side you're on but Science wants answers. To fully understand everything is to be somewhat on all sides. We can't dismiss something that evidently has a purpose. For example, you keep talking about aliens but have you figured out why they create esoteric symbols such as the Tree of Life on crop circles? What is the connection they're trying to make?
Crop circles are human humor hoaxes. Tin foil hats are human brain protectors. Might as well add the Bible and monkey DNA, its all relative.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Originally, it meant "sneer".
Supposedly from the sneering sarcasm of the philosophers, but more likely from Kynosarge "Gray Dog," name of the gymnasium outside ancient Athens.

To snarl, grin, gnash ones teeth.

So i think it must be the second meaning of sneer-to mock.

“Putten the SIN ”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look at the univers,you can see how everything is made in great harmony,measure,and smarteness; look at your own intelligence,the interractions between vegetations and human beins, the presence of the stars that guide human being on the sea and during the night,the water coming from the heaven to produice vegetations to nourrrich us and our cattles;the existance of the night for our rest and the day for our quest of bounty,the fact that everything is in pair from humans to animals;the diversity and colors of everything....according to you all this is the result of a random chemical accident!?
Its a simple answer for your question. Water takes the shape of the puddle its in. When you look at life, it conforms to the environment around it, not the other way around.

What you stated is an argument from incredulity. No offense but it can also be called the argument from *LAZINESS* and or argument of *i have a preconceived notion for no legitimate reason, and this notion doesn't really answer anything, but im gonna go with it anyways*.

And for the people who scoff at the possibility of all this around us being random chance.

So what!!

stop being lazy. If that's what it is then that's what it is. The same goes for if a god like being made everything.

Learn to deal.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

mock (v.)
early 15c., "to deceive;" mid-15c. "make fun of," from Old French mocquer "deride, jeer," of unknown origin, perhaps from Vulgar Latin *muccare "to blow the nose" (as a derisive gesture), from Latin mucus; or possibly from Middle Dutch mocken "to mumble" or Middle Low German mucken "grumble." Or perhaps simply imitative of such speech. Related: Mocked; mocking; mockingly. Replaced Old English bysmerian. Sense of "imitating," as in mockingbird and mock turtle (1763), is from notion of derisive imitation.
mock (adj.)
1540s, from mock, verb and noun. Mock-heroic is attested from 1711; mock-turtle "calf's head dressed to resemble a turtle," is from 1763; as a kind of soup from 1783.
mock (n.)
"derisive action or speech," early 15c., from mock (v.).

Dutch mokken, also big cups, but the act of discontented mumbling and acting, which can be attractive if wit is applied. Mock-play as in faked.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Your flirting at our gentle dispositions!
lol
I wonder how you got to that meaning.
http://www.etymonline.com/inde x.php?term=flirt

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Sure.
Means "water-maker" - if you burn it, you get water.
Clue to what?
Why is hydrogen the lightest and simplest element? Could it be the first element created? Why is it abundant in the universe? Why is hydrogen bond very important in the overall stability of DNA? Hydrogen can give answers to the questions about how life started and the universe if scientists can discover how the simplest element was formed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,001 - 71,020 of111,665
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••