Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
70,941 - 70,960 of 114,800 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look at the univers,you can see how everything is made in great harmony,measure,and smarteness; look at your own intelligence,the interractions between vegetations and human beins, the presence of the stars that guide human being on the sea and during the night,the water coming from the heaven to produice vegetations to nourrrich us and our cattles;the existance of the night for our rest and the day for our quest of bounty,the fact that everything is in pair from humans to animals;the diversity and colors of everything....according to you all this is the result of a random chemical accident!?
Dont read this, its the truth. Creation and evolution are fear generated and lack of info by the creaters....Deep space holds all the answers to human existence.....not Gods, not bones or monkey DNA.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>"The Bible teaches....".No, humans teach, the Bible is a tool. "Evolution claims...".No, it is a guess at human existence. Both are human error in raw form. The primitive human animal has an active imagination. Fear and gullibility contribute to exaggerated and false conclusions. Deep space holds all human existence answers..........
We know what side you're on but Science wants answers. To fully understand everything is to be somewhat on all sides. We can't dismiss something that evidently has a purpose. For example, you keep talking about aliens but have you figured out why they create esoteric symbols such as the Tree of Life on crop circles? What is the connection they're trying to make?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
In the vastness of the universe the entire milky way galaxy hardly registers among the billions of galaxies so one lump of rock circling one of the billions of stars in that mote of a galaxy is nothing. On the universal scale humans are smaller than atoms compared to earth.
Let me put it into proportion for you.
On this lump of rock we call earth humans are the (allegedly) most intelligent of around 8,7 million animal species - nothing
Or
There are myriad more suns in the billions of galaxies in this universe than there are grains of sand on every beach on earth - nothing
Or
Take all the space out of all the atoms of all the 7 billion people on earth and you wind up with an ultra dense object about the size of a sugar cube - nothing
So you are correct, albeit for the wrong reason, humans are nothing - Get that?
Your concept of fails to take into account the relativity of size. Humans compared to the macro and microscopic world are humongous.

Calling people nothing is also a strictly relative concept...you can state "people in size, are nothing compared to to the size of the Universe."

Or people in size are humongous, compared to the size the microscopic Universe.

Size is a matter of perspective...it is not absolute, as you imply.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

DA-innate
A language search shows that it always mean Innate, inner- interconnection that can not be broken, symbiosis.
We can even go from (roumenian yes)da-ida-ita(thus latin).
And i presume also da-the:theos-deos.
And in Ewe we see it even means mother, bow and snake (twine,creation-myth or for the milky way one can see from the region), all to do with necessary connection.
Similar meaning: of,from,the
D(alet)paleo-hebrew: door, way, path, womb a.o.
Also in sumerian we find innate.
BU.BA corner(s) as in winddirection. BU-sharp DA-innate. Or of, is, be.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
Then tell me created these chemical products,who created these stars,who have permit the existance of these reactions?
WHO?
Your next post however says that WHO can not be defined notr understood.

Well untill you guys (old celtic for intelligent(s)) figure it out, we just take it that the elements on earth are nothing that does not come from heavy stars exploding first and then imploding.
Since we can find no other elements. And what we have is similar to what we find out there.

So you look for one huge step but fail to connect the dots in the meantime.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

KD wrote:The problem with you is that you try to image the nature of God, or gave him an anthropomorphous appearance, noone can imagine the nature of God,and if you say that the deep space hold the answers then tell me how the deep space appeared?
---

So what's the WHO question about than...?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

gotnatas wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try. Human beings are very good at deluding themselves and backward rationalizing when there wrong. Fact is prayer like god is indistinguishable from when it works and from when it doesn't. Sorry but be don't see massive documentation for when it works.
When it supposably does work its usually either laziness on the persons part, like when someones cancer goes away for no known reason, there to lazy to look for a more plausible alternate explanation, or *any* other explanation. But seeing as they have a vested interest towards there wishful thing that's understandable.
Or its the payer got answered, but in a very round about sort of way. Ie: backward rationalizing. "well I wanted A, but I got c.5...it works!!!"
But the greatest part,(and you demonstrated this in your post) the fail safe you install yourselves for when it doesn't work is...
<quoted text>
Oh the convenience!!
See this way yall can keep lying to your selves and never be the wiser.
"did your payer work??.
Naw, Shiva works when she wants to."
See if payer worked, or er didn't, at least the god in question could have his Secretary send a "denial of application" paper in the mail to show when it didn't work. Plus it would give us metric to gauge prayer from when it works and when it doesn't.
Sorry but payer is nothing more then "mere wishes".
Actually you are the one with the psychological fail safes...calling someone delusion, because you fail to grasp certain concepts is just one of many.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Also from The Perimater Institute (dr. Param Singh: on the very small scale gravity repulses instead of attracts.)

Forget solid, liquid, and gas: there are in fact more than 500 phases of matter. In a major paper in today's issue of Science, Perimeter Faculty member and the BMO Financial Group Isaac Newton Chair in Theoretical Physics at Perimeter Institute Xiao-Gang Wen reveals a modern reclassification of all of them.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
DA-innate
A language search shows that it always mean Innate, inner- interconnection that can not be broken, symbiosis.
We can even go from (roumenian yes)da-ida-ita(thus latin).
And i presume also da-the:theos-deos.
And in Ewe we see it even means mother, bow and snake (twine,creation-myth or for the milky way one can see from the region), all to do with necessary connection.
Similar meaning: of,from,the
D(alet)paleo-hebrew: door, way, path, womb a.o.
Also in sumerian we find innate.
BU.BA corner(s) as in winddirection. BU-sharp DA-innate. Or of, is, be.
Did you know that the word flirt originally meant "stroke of wit?"

lol

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

perimater-perimeter

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
ok i made a mistake, then WHAT permited the happening these reations
Laws of physics, chemistry.
Start tiny and simple and it build by making connections that influence the environment.
Vacuum and branes, geons, would be one theory.
Or maybe we are an universe in a universe.
Or parallel multiverses.
Huge black holes interacting again(i've discounted that one since black holes do have limits and emit matter.)

There are a lot of theories with their mathematics.
But first we have to find the working principles, try to falsify all those theories.

Like establising that there are 500 forms of matter.
Well also that will be reviewed.
Or whether the fabric of the universe has some sort of foamy structure.

As an aside:
What makes god problematic is the tendency of believers to ever extend god. God of the gaps.
From tribal, it goes to empire, then the world, followed with the milkyway. When we could look beyond the milkyway suddenly god get's bigger too as well as causal.
So what if there are multiverses each in their own parallel bubble, is it the same god too?

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
No, i did not, but had some social researchers known that, they would ages ago have figured out that wit makes people attractive.
Fascinating languages.
Now i'll look for the original meaaning of wit

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know the word hydrogen was derived from the french word/suffix 'hydro-gene'
maybe that's a clue.
Sure.

Means "water-maker" - if you burn it, you get water.

Clue to what?

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

wit (n.)
"mental capacity," Old English wit, more commonly gewit, from Proto-Germanic *witjan (cf. Old Saxon wit, Old Norse vit, Danish vid, Swedish vett, Old Frisian wit, Old High German wizzi "knowledge, understanding, intelligence, mind," German Witz "wit, witticism, joke," Gothic unwiti "ignorance"), from PIE *woid-/*weid-/*wid- "to see," metaphorically "to know" (see vision). Related to Old English witan "to know" (source of wit (v.)). Meaning "ability to make clever remarks in an amusing way" is first recorded 1540s; that of "person of wit or learning" is from late 15c. For nuances of usage, see humor.
A witty saying proves nothing.[Voltaire, Diner du Comte de Boulainvilliers]
wit (v.)
"know," Old English witan "to know," from Proto-Germanic *witanan "to have seen," hence "to know" (cf. Old Saxon witan, Old Norse vita, Old Frisian wita, Middle Dutch, Dutch weten, Old High German wizzan, German wissen, Gothic witan "to know"); see wit (n.). The phrase to wit, almost the only surviving use of the verb, is first recorded 1570s, from earlier that is to wit (mid-14c.), probably a loan-translation of Anglo-French cestasavoir, used to render Latin videlicet (see viz.).

Ah someone who knows much sees much. In greek to see is also used as allusion to intelligence.
They even had a short form. Like we use acronyms.
Used f.i. where later jesus was inserted in bibles.
The same use of see as know in the hebrew, f.i. Abram saw more then most, the mindseye.
wit
an

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do believe that these physical and chemical laws triggered by themseves from the nothingness?
Yes. That 'nothingness' is essential for the process.
A few days back i (re)posted a paper, 3 in one, about it.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
Then tell me created these chemical products,who created these stars,who have permit the existance of these reactions?
Your ignorance of science is not proof of your deity.

Go to your local library* and get a copy of "We Need To Talk About Kelvin", by science writer Marcus Chown.

It's a good primer on astrophysics, but don't be frightened - it's virtually in baby-talk.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Originally, it meant "sneer".

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/stroke#Etymolog...

flirting as stroke of wit, i would define as a prank (dutch streek) of seeing.

It's not like a coupe de foudre: lightning stroke when peole fall madly in love.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Originally, it meant "sneer".
Your flirting at our gentle dispositions!
lol
I wonder how you got to that meaning.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
Then tell me how the nothingness appeared?
You suppose the same when the creation account is interpreted as the world was created from nothing.
I still have to find the first belever that ever wondered about that being true. Or what it was and where they left god in the first place.
What is nothing! How have you defined it KD?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••