Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223384 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75454 Feb 12, 2013
Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Rose what is your belief concerning human existence?
She is for it!

“Resistance Is Futile”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#75455 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but there are not the same environmental factors everywhere, so we had many kinds of insects evolve, and we had many kinds of life evolve in one area. insects are cool in that they can move, and adapt to the new environment they move into. perhapse you have heard the term exotic species bandied about of late?
sheesh!
and again, that's not what I said...every insect living, lets say in the amazon rain forest, would be living in more or less under the same environmental factors...so by evolutionary standards, they should pretty much develop the same, in accordance with the environmental factors present...but the sheer diversity implies otherwise.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#75456 Feb 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
How can an adult living in the 21st Century believe the creation myth in the buy-bull? It's clearly absurd. There were day and night, as well as growing plants before there was a sun. Eve was made from Adam's rib. Eve would have had the same DNA Adam did. Eve would have been a man.
I can see how ignorant Bronze Age goat herders believed that stuff, but come on people...THINK!
;] liked your entry, the outfit and timing particularly.
The thing is that they would read fertile soil and broad/wide birth and in most myths some castration and lots of red blood and spermwaving is bound to follow. Agricultural seasonal myths.
The golden bow. Robert Graves (? not entirely sure of the name) is an exhaustive source.
The hebrew one (with another that i forgot)aims to give a lesson about responsibility. But the proto human names the concepts that he will be responsible for, but he's not equal to god. Even thogh they share responsibility. Eve however eats and then adam so they become co-life-fillers. A helper, all are. Now they also experience the consequences. A retro-stories to try and explain how we came to be. And why at that perticular place. But and that sets them apart with a moral leson about responsibility.(not sex or guilt. They sexed alover theplace with no idea that anything waswrong about that before they became awareof consequences and in reflection thought different about their unconscionable* acts.)
* pfft navigated that cliff in one go. I admit i sometimes change entire sentences just because i can't figure out the spelling.

But yes it stays very strange this salience directed to literal interpretation.

St. Croix valley

#75457 Feb 12, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
and again, that's not what I said...every insect living, lets say in the amazon rain forest, would be living in more or less under the same environmental factors...so by evolutionary standards, they should pretty much develop the same, in accordance with the environmental factors present...but the sheer diversity implies otherwise.
hardly, the insects that live in the canopy have a far, far different environment than those that live on the floor or near the floor. or in the ground.

and then, of vcourse, there is the fact that insects move fronm one area to another and adapt to that area.

face it, you gave it a shot and fell flat on your face.

try science next time.

Level 5

Location hidden

#75458 Feb 12, 2013
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/3623
Sir George James Frazer.
The golden Bough.
Free e-book, you can read it online.
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

#75459 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>She is for it!
It? Tinman

St. Croix valley

#75461 Feb 12, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
they do all evolve to withstand the heat. and the humidity. see how this works? all the insect here evolved to withstand a dormant period or eggs that can withstand the winter.
science is fun!

“Resistance Is Futile”

Location hidden

#75462 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you do have a small point, all the insects in my neck of the woods have evolved to be able to withstand winters up to -35f.
insects in the south have not such evolutionary trait.
I think your starting to get what I was trying to say...

The point is, why such diversity under pretty much the same environmental factors?

St. Croix valley

#75463 Feb 12, 2013
Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>It? Tinman
human existence. are you against it?
Lizz

Reading, PA

#75464 Feb 12, 2013
We evolved from the lizzards. Think about it, we all just have shorter tongues.

“Resistance Is Futile”

Location hidden

#75465 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>perhaps i misunderstood your post. It has happened before. i apologize if I did.
(no problem)

St. Croix valley

#75466 Feb 12, 2013
KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why Eve hadn`t be as adam?why she has different DNA? that`s the exat question God want us to ask,in order we may know that there are an intelligance that has caused this differentiation,for we can reproduce.And there are sigh everywere: the plants,animalsin couple ...the mounts,the diversity,intrractions and colors of all things as if to tell us they are originated by something all-able in this univers;but we choose to blind ourseves for that we can follow our lusts and desires.
they have different DNA because religions are a lie, there is not god that created humans.

the human species did not come from two fully created beings, we know this for a fact. it did not happen.

“Resistance Is Futile”

Location hidden

#75467 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>hardly, the insects that live in the canopy have a far, far different environment than those that live on the floor or near the floor. or in the ground.
and then, of vcourse, there is the fact that insects move fronm one area to another and adapt to that area.
face it, you gave it a shot and fell flat on your face.
try science next time.
lol...then again you missed the point entirely.

“Resistance Is Futile”

Location hidden

#75468 Feb 12, 2013
Lizz wrote:
We evolved from the lizzards. Think about it, we all just have shorter tongues.
actually plant life came first...so by the concept of evolution...we evolved from plants...

St. Croix valley

#75469 Feb 12, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your starting to get what I was trying to say...
The point is, why such diversity under pretty much the same environmental factors?
Why wouldn't you expect there to be leaf eaters, bark eaters, other bug eaters, green leaf eaters, yellow leaf eaters, root eaters, mushroom eaters etc, etc,

everywhere we have gone on this planet, life is teeming. the deepest hole we have ever drilled into the planet...life there living in the rocks. life seems to want to spring up everywhere it can.

St. Croix valley

#75470 Feb 12, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...then again you missed the point entirely.
not at all, you just were incorrect.

St. Croix valley

#75471 Feb 12, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
actually plant life came first...so by the concept of evolution...we evolved from plants...
this is where democrats came from...

Level 5

Location hidden

#75472 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief.
You have an actual theory? Or do you think the string theory can give you some insight.
You sound a little vexed.
I found that usefull information T0 +400,000
Means i have to maybe review. bummer.

It's hard anough keeping up with all the theories and develop an understanding since sooner or later it's all about maths.
But i learned not to underestimate posters. They may seem so jolly innocent but brains sharp as knifes. Sometimes you just have to wait a bit.

Level 5

Location hidden

#75473 Feb 12, 2013
KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why Eve hadn`t be as adam?why she has different DNA? that`s the exat question God want us to ask,in order we may know that there are an intelligance that has caused this differentiation,for we can reproduce.And there are sigh everywere: the plants,animalsin couple ...the mounts,the diversity,intrractions and colors of all things as if to tell us they are originated by something all-able in this univers;but we choose to blind ourseves for that we can follow our lusts and desires.
Like i said, that is what you think now. And how everybody told you to understand it.
But that is not what was written. And something we can not deduce from the names in their original meaning.
Okey let's go with hmans.
What if they had been listening and the serpent just wandered about eating insects in the rainforest.
Well than you wouldnot be around.
So that can not have been the meaning of the story.
The prototypes eyes were opened like the open eyes of the gods (still elohym-the consortium), so then they know abot consequences. It's not shame, but the veil taken away i.o.w. they became aware of their nakedness.
They got knurd (Terry Pratchett) which is when you are so sober that you can not deal with the sudden realisation of waht life is actualy about. So they try to shut the harsh reality out again. Or get un-knurd, in the book this is achieved with a small glass of alcohol. So reality becomes bearable.
The difference is that god does not need a small glass of alcohol.
Ultimate dispenser of justice. So fertile soil and wide birth will live exposed and will feel pain and see death.
Who, in the face of these great truths gives a jot about trifles like lusts and desires!
Therefore we find no mention whatsoever.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75474 Feb 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound a little vexed.
I found that usefull information T0 +400,000
Means i have to maybe review. bummer.
It's hard anough keeping up with all the theories and develop an understanding since sooner or later it's all about maths.
But i learned not to underestimate posters. They may seem so jolly innocent but brains sharp as knifes. Sometimes you just have to wait a bit.
That's like saying 42 is the answer to everything, life, and the universe. So what exactly is T0 +400,000 with no point of location.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SEX did not EVOLVE (Nov '17) 38 min Davidjayjordan 270
Hawaiian Volcanic Eruptions and Prophetic Catac... 56 min Davidjayjordan 27
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr Simon 170,176
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 2 hr andet1987 13,767
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 7 hr Into The Night 33,125
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 hr Into The Night 95,424
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) 12 hr 15th Dalai Lama 1,882