Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216895 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#75278 Feb 11, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
WHERE does religion fit into this subject.. Was religion Created or did it Evolve??? This subject matter of this thread..is never ending..it's like.
asking the question.."How wide and deep a Black Hole is?? Would you DARE to risk your life to answer THAT question upon your completions of measuring a Black Hoke? Had this EVEN been done? And if so, WHERE Would one find their documentation on such findings??
Annoying what... the god-did-it-with-magic-crowd and at best quotemining and distorting.
I posted a site. Yes it's done all the time.
Let me look for it. But nasa has a short explanation.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75279 Feb 11, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
God is all powerfull....Yet no one has seen him or felt his power since time of the buybulls writing....WONDER WHY
they didn't then either. proven lies.

Level 5

Location hidden

#75280 Feb 11, 2013

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#75281 Feb 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you have no evidence of his existence.
you have no evidence the flying spaghetti monster doesn't exist, therefore he must be your god.
Liar!

Level 5

Location hidden

#75282 Feb 11, 2013
http://www.sciencedaily.com/news/space_time/b...
new method.
If you search: measuring a black hole nasa
You can even find black hole math

St. Croix valley

#75283 Feb 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Liar!
then go ahead and disprove the existence of the FSM. it is the fastest growing religion on the planet, it must be real if you cannot disprove he is the ruler of all.

St. Croix valley

#75284 Feb 11, 2013
MAAT wrote:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/ne ws/space_time/black_holes/
new method.
If you search: measuring a black hole nasa
You can even find black hole math
there is no math in a singularity. all things go to infinity.

one can measure the size of the event horizon, estimate the mass of the singularity and calculate the Hawkins radiation from the singularity.
sickofit

Northfield, MN

#75285 Feb 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>they didn't then either. proven lies.
I know. religous people put there faith is a fictional book written by uneducated goat herders......INSANE

St. Croix valley

#75286 Feb 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Liar!
until you disprove the exostence of the FSM, you are admitting he is your god.
sickofit

Northfield, MN

#75287 Feb 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Liar!
Really???? WHAT IS YOUR PROOF OF YOUR GOD THEN..........WAITING......... .WAITING..........WAITING..... .....

Yea right.

Level 5

Location hidden

#75288 Feb 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Depends on the university. if it is a very strict muslim nation or region, it may not have such studies available.
Well even in saudi arabia i've known posters to find a way to surf and be on fora.
And in sudan a UN worker used a stolen computer (from a government load), so we could stay in touch as he moved from camp to camp, along with the the people that received nothing, since the government blocked all aid.
We lost touch and i still wonder what happened to him.

KD has access so what stops him from looking.
Well he found evolution and what happens...more religion.

That 800,000 people are illiterate or functionally illiterate thus underdeveloped and know not even the quraan, KD deems irrelevant.
Aisha is better known that quraan , ahadith and traditions.
Only 200,000 read the quraan and have an understanding.
The rest that can read mainly know hadith and whatever stuck with them from school.
Those with an education all want to come to the west.
Are scared of being overrun given the pull of the cities.
I once calculated all muslim turf and found that every muslim could have about 3 hectares to themselves.

Level 5

Location hidden

#75289 Feb 11, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet somehow fish in the ocean grew limbs to become amphibians and then reptiles and then mammals. LOL.
You got that wrng.
i know, it happens.
But facing reality might only be half the fun.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#75290 Feb 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The world or universe did not just evolve without a designer or maker.
Thanks for supplying an example of what I was referring to! If you weren't so stupid you might have seen that before you hit "Post Comment"

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75291 Feb 11, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Aye, it's the abstraction of it, though perfectly explained in bio-chemic terms. Not to the cat, although they are good listeners.
Does yours talk?
We left of with sensing being a requirement, apart from the senses that would fall under empathy.
For that we have a gene.
I quickly wrote down pg 3547 and further back, what genes and other environmental influences could be important.
Ah recal, we did not agree that food preperation as in cooking food could be of importance too.
Homo erectus 400,000 BP probably evolved a bigger brain after cooking. It tells us nothing about the inside though according to the french study there is a correlation. Haven't read it.
Why should a god that is defined as being ONE because of uniting people as One and therefore being.(Someone wrote that down much clearer, i'm making a jumbles of it. No god without people and no people without god, the unifying factor is ONE and it's a symbiotic relationship.) So what god has we have.
And that god must have evolved t thus as we did.
So how does god sense us...well by being us.
And feeling connected...empathy...gene.
Done luv;)
Are you acknowledging the existence of God? I'm surprised.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#75292 Feb 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
You have no evidence of his existence.
you have no evidence the flying spaghetti monster doesn't exist, therefore he must be your god.

Charles Idemi wrote:
Liar!

There, there, now, take it easy.
I don't think woodtick was really claiming that you believed in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
I think he was just making an analogy.
Do you know what an analogy is?
Let me tell you what an analogy is.
An analogy, according to Wikipedia, is "a cognitive process of transferring information or meaning from a particular subject (the analogue or source) to another particular subject (the target)."

For example, I remember a comic strip in which Blondie said, "Gee, I don't know what to wear to the party."
Her husband Dagwood said, "How about all those dresses?"
Blondie said, "Everyone's seen me in those dresses."
Dagwood said, "I guess I can't go to the office tomorrow, then. Everyone has seen my blue suit."

Dagwood did not really intend to stay home from the office the next day.
Rather, he was momentaily assuming Blondie's implied premise that one should not appear in public wearing an outfit which everyone has already seen.
From this premise, he arrived at an absurd conclusion.
Therefore, he is arguing that Blondie's premise is absurd.

Back to the subject:
As I recall, you challenged woodtick to prove that the Judeo-Christian god doesn't exist, which he admitted he could not do.
From that information, you concluded that he believed in the Judeo-Chriatian god.

I understood, and woodtick apparently understood, that your premise was that anyone believes in a deity whose existence he cannot disprove.
So he switched it around and asked you to disprove the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
When you were unable to do that, he applied your own premise--not his own, not mine, or anyone else's.
That's how he concluded that you believed in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Could you please explain why your premise applies in woodtick's case but not your own?
I would like to know, and I'm sure woodtick would like to know.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#75293 Feb 11, 2013
Chucky boy:

Please define “clueless clown.”
Are all people who disagree with you clueless clowns?
Or just all skeptics and Evolutionists?
Or just all people who ask for an example of a limb miraculously growing back?
Or just The Word of Me?

I need to know, because I don’t know who is eligible for my Clueless Clowns Club.

St. Croix valley

#75294 Feb 11, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
woodtick57 wrote:
You have no evidence of his existence.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Liar!
There, there, now, take it easy.
I don't think woodtick was really claiming that you believed in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
I think he was just making an analogy.
Do you know what an analogy is?
Let me tell you what an analogy is.
An analogy, according to Wikipedia, is "a cognitive process of transferring information or meaning from a particular subject (the analogue or source) to another particular subject (the target)."
For example, I remember a comic strip in which Blondie said, "Gee, I don't know what to wear to the party."
Her husband Dagwood said, "How about all those dresses?"
Blondie said, "Everyone's seen me in those dresses."
Dagwood said, "I guess I can't go to the office tomorrow, then. Everyone has seen my blue suit."
Dagwood did not really intend to stay home from the office the next day.
Rather, he was momentaily assuming Blondie's implied premise that one should not appear in public wearing an outfit which everyone has already seen.
From this premise, he arrived at an absurd conclusion.
Therefore, he is arguing that Blondie's premise is absurd.
Back to the subject:
As I recall, you challenged woodtick to prove that the Judeo-Christian god doesn't exist, which he admitted he could not do.
From that information, you concluded that he believed in the Judeo-Chriatian god.
I understood, and woodtick apparently understood, that your premise was that anyone believes in a deity whose existence he cannot disprove.
So he switched it around and asked you to disprove the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
When you were unable to do that, he applied your own premise--not his own, not mine, or anyone else's.
That's how he concluded that you believed in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Could you please explain why your premise applies in woodtick's case but not your own?
I would like to know, and I'm sure woodtick would like to know.
if you make him think like that, he's gonna blow an aneurysm...

St. Croix valley

#75295 Feb 11, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
one would have to be found before it could be acknowledged...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#75296 Feb 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry!
But you have no evidence countering the existence of God.
Bingo. It's non-falsifiable. Just like the FSM.

Level 5

Location hidden

#75297 Feb 11, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Only to make Thomas Robertson pray for my misguided soul!;P

My concept does not come close to anything states here sofar,i strife.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 5 hr Yep 154,816
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr SoE 48,824
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 6 hr GoTrump 1,047
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 6 hr GoTrump 179,741
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 9 hr Aura Mytha 23,562
Evolution in action (May '16) Wed Thick cockney cha... 36
Richard Dawkins tells the truth Dec 5 Timmee 9
More from around the web