Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
70,701 - 70,720 of 112,852 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Star trek...a modern day mythical story of science...(just to name one...there are hundreds)
It's fun to keep this in mind when watching movies like Jurassic Park...and other SF...gives it a whole new dimension.lol
yes, fiction. just like the bible.

you are making progress!

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Why is the 'word of your god" a lie? many proven lies that supposedly are the word of your god. Why is that? why would a god need to lie?
(hint: we know cults lie all the time...)
Still waiting!
Evidence please?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Still waiting!
Evidence please?
Given. where's yours?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Still waiting for you to explain why your god lies to you?

sad little cult boy...sad litlle boy...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, it uses verifiable, repeatable experiments and evidence. meaning you get the same results and answers no matter which reference you use or who does the experiment.
again, it would behoove you to not try and debunk things you clearly do not understand...
well there is again...you claim to know more about religion than religion does.lol

It's alright for you to try to "debunk" religion, but applying the very same standard to your ideology is taboo?

like I said double standards on your part that are quite obvious.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Star trek...a modern day mythical story of science...(just to name one...there are hundreds)
It's fun to keep this in mind when watching movies like Jurassic Park...and other SF...gives it a whole new dimension.lol
You know it doesn't matter if it's fiction or not anymore, it's what connects us all right? lol

I'm still wondering what book you used for the game.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Some body mentioned a flat earth which i countered, using Isaiah 40 verse 22.
No, you didn't.

"It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:"

NEWS FLASH: a "circle" is a flat, two-dimensional object.

You never even took basic geometry, did you?

The perils of home schooling.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, fiction. just like the bible.
you are making progress!
yes there are parables in the bible that should not be taken literally.

at least your not denying that science has mythological stories no more...your the one making progress...lol

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
well there is again...you claim to know more about religion than religion does.lol
It's alright for you to try to "debunk" religion, but applying the very same standard to your ideology is taboo?
like I said double standards on your part that are quite obvious.
yet i know about religion. more than most people here that claim to be believers, it seems.

see the difference?

Again, you need to know what you are talking about , then post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You know it doesn't matter if it's fiction or not anymore, it's what connects us all right? lol
I'm still wondering what book you used for the game.
if I told you that...it might narrow it down to much...lol

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No, you didn't.
"It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:"
NEWS FLASH: a "circle" is a flat, two-dimensional object.
You never even took basic geometry, did you?
The perils of home schooling.
And then there is the divine guidance that told the church that the Earth was the center of the universe. they were told that by god, they said...

cults are fun!

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet i know about religion. more than most people here that claim to be believers, it seems.
see the difference?
No you don't know anything about religion if you couldn't even make a sound interpretation of the word.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
yes there are parables in the bible that should not be taken literally.
at least your not denying that science has mythological stories no more...your the one making progress...lol
What stories are mythological in science? I never said that.

so who decides how to interpret the figurative parts? i already covered the theological mess that creates and how the given answer from your cult has already been proven wrong..

catch up!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet i know about religion. more than most people here that claim to be believers, it seems.
see the difference?
you know nothing about faith, or the belief in God...the foundation of religion...by your own admission you neither have faith, or believe in God...but yet claim to be an expert on the subjects...funny.
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>And then there is the divine guidance that told the church that the Earth was the center of the universe. they were told that by god, they said...
cults are fun!
Impressive woodtick57! Just think, no cult told you to say anything. Nice job.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't know anything about religion if you couldn't even make a sound interpretation of the word.
in fact, i have repeatedly shown i seem to know more about it than the people here that claim to be believers.

most studies show that atheists, freethinkers, non-beleivers, know more about religion than most people who claim to be adherents to said religion.

as i stated earlier, learning about religion is one of the surest ways to create nonbelievers. this is why all relgions have resisted educated the masses about their religion. historical fact.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
you know nothing about faith, or the belief in God...the foundation of religion...by your own admission you neither have faith, or believe in God...but yet claim to be an expert on the subjects...funny.
i certainly understand the concepts,a dn i know religion, which is what we are talking about.

yes, I have studied the history of the belief in god. in many gods. this is where i draw my comments about the cult-like nature of relgigions.

if you can show where my knowledge of these are in error, please do so. you seem to have been trying for a while now and have not done it once.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Impressive woodtick57! Just think, no cult told you to say anything. Nice job.
now i'm rethinking my answer...

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Given. where's yours?
Given what?
When?

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Woody, do you think scientists don't believe in higher intelligence?

Listen to Dawkins and Tyson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••