Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75079 Feb 10, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
yea, the Quaker and Mormon war of 1812 comes to mind...the horror...the horror...:O
you just need to go back to the three way religious war in the blakans just over a decade ago..

reality is fun!(bloody, ruthless religious cults are not!)

St. Croix valley

#75080 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Read the bible for comprehension.
The bible mentioned a circular or round earth in the book of Isa. 41.
you are using the bible to prove that the bible is correct? how fun!

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#75081 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, the fact ath there is no v=evidence of any god ogds or gddesses ever seems too big for yours. the fact that your religion is based on proven lies seems something you are not willing to admit...
pretty cult like of you, huh?
This is a complete irony!

St. Croix valley

#75082 Feb 10, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible might have mythical stories but that is not the point. One must understand their esoteric meanings instead of taking the literal meaning of the word.
now that brings up an interesting point about the cult....

Who decides which part of the bible is literal and which part is figurative? how do you know they are correct?(we know divine inspiriation is not the answer, as those that have claimed that in the past have been wrong, so no divine inspiration has ever been seen yet...)

then...we get to who decides who interprets those figurative passages?(same problem with the lack of any proven divine inspiration and proven lack thereof..)

then who decides if that interpretation is correct?(see above)

the religious cult of the bible has been proven to be based on lies and no amount of theological backpeddling or spin will make that not true.

Level 2

Location hidden

#75083 Feb 10, 2013
Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Lets get this right...Jesus walked on water, split the sea, and turned water into wine.....and then they crucified him.....nice. And that seems true because...? Listen CI, if believing that God created everything keeps you sain.....fantastic. Life is hard, reality is harder. Remember when you were a child and friends were everywhere.....its called imagination....like the Bible story. You feel something is there, now your an adult, your just not sure what is make believe or reality.....its called life.
What is really your point?
Art is a means of self expressions in a visual or creative form.
Science is the observations and testing of facts, all are based on imaginations.

St. Croix valley

#75084 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> This is a complete irony!
No, it isn't even close to irony. do you listen to allanis morissette too much?

what it was was factual information you have yet to disprove.

St. Croix valley

#75085 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> This is a complete irony!
Oh, did you mean it is ironic that your cult leaders who promised to save your soul lied to you about there even being a soul?

that is kind of ironic...

Level 2

Location hidden

#75086 Feb 10, 2013
Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible has been altered and rewritten everyday sense its inception. Humans are skilled at deception. You mean God told the Bible interpreters that the earth was..........If that's what you believe.
Rewritten?
No!
Isaiah 40 vs 22, is an original text. Why do you hate the word, truth?
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

#75087 Feb 10, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible might have mythical stories but that is not the point. One must understand their esoteric meanings instead of taking the literal meaning of the word.
I total agree. Some humans believe only what they learn or are told. When people talk, I raise my eyebrows and nod my head in a yes motion just to pacify them and their beliefs. When they walk away, I take a deep breathe and think poor SOBs. It would be different if the Bible story meant anything. Or, the fossils and monkey DNA had merit. Humans may never know the truth. At least, not generations before, hopefully future generations are truly intelligent.

Level 2

Location hidden

#75088 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there is no evidence to even bring the idea of any god into the conversation.
If you had any you would have given it by now.
Show me your evidence disproving the existence of GOD?

St. Croix valley

#75089 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Show me your evidence disproving the existence of GOD?
you can[t disprove something there is no evidence for.

where is your proof any god, gods or goddesses have ever existed? ever. verifiable proof. not your belief. not your myths. but real proof.]

until anyone can come up with that, why is it even up for discussion? because some cave men couldn't explain where lightning came from?

you really need to get deprogrammed and join the 21st century.

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#75090 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you are using the bible to prove that the bible is correct? how fun!
same standard that science uses...science uses science to "prove" science...but when someone else uses the very same standard...it somehow doesn't apply?...I mean WTF?

St. Croix valley

#75091 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> What is really your point?
Art is a means of self expressions in a visual or creative form.
Science is the observations and testing of facts, all are based on imaginations.
testing of facts is based on imagination? Do you even realize what you are saying?

Level 2

Location hidden

#75092 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you are using the bible to prove that the bible is correct? how fun!
Some body mentioned a flat earth which i countered, using Isaiah 40 verse 22.

St. Croix valley

#75093 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Show me your evidence disproving the existence of GOD?
Why is the 'word of your god" a lie? many proven lies that supposedly are the word of your god. Why is that? why would a god need to lie?

(hint: we know cults lie all the time...)

St. Croix valley

#75094 Feb 10, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
same standard that science uses...science uses science to "prove" science...but when someone else uses the very same standard...it somehow doesn't apply?...I mean WTF?
No, it uses verifiable, repeatable experiments and evidence. meaning you get the same results and answers no matter which reference you use or who does the experiment.

again, it would behoove you to not try and debunk things you clearly do not understand...

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75095 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, it isn't even close to irony. do you listen to allanis morissette too much?
I listen to Alanis Morissette. She also sang "You Ought to Know"

and I like her version of this song:

Level 2

Location hidden

#75096 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, it isn't even close to irony. do you listen to allanis morissette too much?
Disprove that, if you have the evidence.
Waiting?

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#75097 Feb 10, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Star trek...a modern day mythical story of science...(just to name one...there are hundreds)

It's fun to keep this in mind when watching movies like Jurassic Park...and other SF...gives it a whole new dimension.lol
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

#75098 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Rewritten?
No!
Isaiah 40 vs 22, is an original text. Why do you hate the word, truth?
Original text? Truth? Original text? Ok CI, you win. Now, can I go and discover the "most logical" reason for human existence and not some human made up story or theory. I give you a lot of credit. You have not quit answering my seemingly unbelievable rants. The ones who have are lost in their minds inability to focus. They know who they are.....Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 3 min TurkanaBoy 568
How would creationists explain... 6 min TurkanaBoy 364
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 2 hr Chimney1 13,624
Science News (Sep '13) 15 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,937
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Sat nobody 7
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) Dec 19 Zach 4
Genetic entropy Dec 18 Discord 159
More from around the web