Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#74949 Feb 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you can find missing link remains, then talk.
the skull on the pic of christine M avatar.
You can also google early humans California.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#74950 Feb 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there are lots of them. one species after the other in a clear progression twoards humans. we have already gone over this...
which part did you not understand the first time? are there any parts you are unclear about now?
Yes. If evolution was a slow process, then how do you explain the evolution of intelligence in a span of only thousands of years? If you could not see the flaws in that theory, then you have a problem.

Level 5

above and beyond

#74951 Feb 9, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
the skull on the pic of christine M avatar.
You can also google early humans California.
I know what a cro-magnon is

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74952 Feb 9, 2013
KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know what you mean about~education~? i am a muslim i finish my studies at university,I practice my religion well like billions of muslims arround the world!if only you can give me some exemples!you is not proving your word!
What did you study at university? Which university?

Level 5

above and beyond

#74953 Feb 9, 2013
Everyone knows any animal say a dog or monkey will not be able to learn new tricks without any kind of human intervention.

Level 5

Location hidden

#74954 Feb 9, 2013
KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
It seem that you is cristianizing all religions!specialy Islam,the generations who have lived during the lifetime of their prophets and had been ocular witnesses connot be equal to the generations that came far after!as for islam,the reasons for what Muslims didnt write the speeches(hadith) of prophet muhamad during his livetime are because they were already writing the Quran and were afraid to intermingle the word of Gods to the words of Prophet Muhamad! They way until the end of the revelations to collect the different hadiths;according to us the original and authentic Gospel of jesus have been lost,corrupted by the jews because they belied his message they and people distort his message by writing several fake and contradictory gospels full of greek and roman legends..thats why christianity have failed!thats not the case of islam! stop generalizing about religions
Wow the prejudice is solid and incorrect.
Let me shove that straight back at your doorstep.

Start to wonder what you studied. Apperently it did not dent your religious myopia.
--- let's cram it all in one post.

From Mali? <- questionmark. If you do not want to answer then don't, but with a name like that!

And i really want to know what faction of islam you adhere to.
In that way you would also take away those christian and jewish generalisations that might be present with the other party.
Since it is also a misconception to think that islam is one big happy family.
And what do you know about fiqh?
From your debating style i can allready make some preliminary deductions.

St. Croix valley

#74955 Feb 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. If evolution was a slow process, then how do you explain the evolution of intelligence in a span of only thousands of years? If you could not see the flaws in that theory, then you have a problem.
hominids have been around far, far longer than a few thousand years...
try half a million or so.
look at the blooming of intelligence in humans in just the last few centuries.
your premise is severely flawed.

St. Croix valley

#74956 Feb 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
it is one of your "Missing links" if you knew they were there, why did you ask?

you seem to be hitting all the talking points on some anti-evolution page....

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Patagonia

#74957 Feb 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans have been around for about 200,000 years, and about 50,000 years ago we got smarter (probably developed language).

Level 5

Location hidden

#74958 Feb 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
It's out.
That's the latest i read about it. Just as the homonids were renamed. Ah, who can keep up.
Christine still uses the term, saw no chance to ask.

Level 5

Location hidden

#74959 Feb 9, 2013
More correctly.
The are reclassed as Early Homo-Sapience, after genetic research.
But are distinct in bone features.

Level 5

Location hidden

#74960 Feb 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
How many thousands of years
How did you figure that?
Do you have a link?

St. Croix valley

#74961 Feb 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
Everyone knows any animal say a dog or monkey will not be able to learn new tricks without any kind of human intervention.
that's not even remotely true.

St. Croix valley

#74962 Feb 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
you should look into the intelligence of octopus. and ravens.

Level 5

above and beyond

#74963 Feb 9, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans have been around for about 200,000 years, and about 50,000 years ago we got smarter (probably developed language).
I did say thousand of years. You think a clueless great ape would invent language all of a sudden? If you understand anything about linguistics, you would know that all languages were not an accident. They are all linked to each other and something to do with consciousness. So how did we achieve consciousness without any type of intervention? Do animals learn new tricks on their own?

Level 5

above and beyond

#74964 Feb 9, 2013
MAAT wrote:
More correctly.
The are reclassed as Early Homo-Sapience, after genetic research.
But are distinct in bone features.
It's spelled "Sapiens"

Level 5

above and beyond

#74965 Feb 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you should look into the intelligence of octopus. and ravens.
I know that already. Even dolphins are smarter that anyone thinks. but that doesn't answer my question.

St. Croix valley

#74966 Feb 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I did say thousand of years. You think a clueless great ape would invent language all of a sudden? If you understand anything about linguistics, you would know that all languages were not an accident. They are all linked to each other and something to do with consciousness. So how did we achieve consciousness without any type of intervention? Do animals learn new tricks on their own?
yes, animals do learn on their own.

so how did the other animals get their intelligence.(the same way we did. through evolution.)

hominids did not invent language all of a sudden as stated they were around for a long time.

St. Croix valley

#74967 Feb 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that already. Even dolphins are smarter that anyone thinks. but that doesn't answer my question.
it shows animals can learn... no god needed.

it shows that intelligence is not such a unique thing.

no reason that humans are even the ultimate species of this planet. i'm rooting for the octopi...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Patagonia

#74968 Feb 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ever said language was developed suddenly? Actually there seems to be several different language groups that don't seem to be connected or related.

I believe I have heard of monkeys developing new behavior without human intervention, but sadly I can't remember where.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How Life's Code Emerged From Primordial Soup (Sep '09) 43 min polymath257 64
Darwin on the rocks 1 hr The Dude 474
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 2 hr Jaimie 174,564
Science News (Sep '13) 5 hr Ricky F 2,894
Evidence for God. (Aug '13) 16 hr Bluenose 341
The Racist Theory of Evolution. (Jun '06) 22 hr gdjeirokrjdhk 1,306
Elon Musk: artificial intelligence is our bigge... Wed Ooogah Boogah 6

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE