Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
70,241 - 70,260 of 115,227 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#74648 Feb 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>What new discoveries, that water fowing downhill has potential energy?
you're breaking new ground there, Pythagoras...
Hitherto water dispensing itself uphill was thought to be impossible.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74649 Feb 8, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>\
We went through this crap a year or so ago with him. He thinks he has some sort of perpetual motion / free energy device using a siphon.
think he has even a clue as to how much energy went into getting that water to flow downhill? probably tapping one/one-thousandth of it

perpetual in that PT Barnum was right about the perpetual flow of suckers...

St. Croix valley

#74650 Feb 8, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Hitherto water dispensing itself uphill was thought to be impossible.
Not with a pump it wasn't.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#74651 Feb 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Not with a pump it wasn't.
No other pump will pump its self...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#74652 Feb 8, 2013
I meant no other SIPHON PUMP will pump its self....

St. Croix valley

#74654 Feb 8, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
it uses no moving water to operate the pump?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#74655 Feb 8, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>\
We went through this crap a year or so ago with him. He thinks he has some sort of perpetual motion / free energy device using a siphon.
It is more in the Renewable Energy field...

St. Croix valley

#74656 Feb 8, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Perhaps you missed this earlier...

http://xkcd.com/808/

i would imagine your magic pump will have one of those checks by it in the very near future, right? oh, wait, how lang has it been around already? why no check in the right hand column for the magic pump?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#74657 Feb 8, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>It is more in the Renewable Energy field...
Sure it is.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#74658 Feb 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it uses no moving water to operate the pump?
Standing water is used....

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#74659 Feb 8, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Standing water is used....
And when the water runs out?

“Too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#74660 Feb 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>If people knew he was a god like they said he did, they would have wriitten down everone of those things you said he said the moment he said them. you know htey would have. they sould have soaved his old clothes and napkins, they would have sold t-whirts with his face on them.
why didn't ANYONE that lived with Jesus do that?
And no, no-one has ever risen from the dead. Jesus died just like every other human. there is no proof of the resurection, just another myth.
No one ever said you shouldn't live by solid principles or teachings, did they?
Um, they did write down those things. There ARE extant though fragmentary texts that have been found and preserved. They are papyrus scrolls. One of which is the Bodmer papyrus, among many. Quite honestly, there was quite a trade, after his resurrection, regarding items related to him (burial cloths, nails, the cross, etc). The modern practice in the catholic church of having "relics" is the modern day successor of this trade (people would buy the items then donate them to the church). Again, believe if you want, don't believe if you don't want, it matters not to me. Live well, my friend!

St. Croix valley

#74661 Feb 8, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Standing water is used....
So you put the pump in standing water and it moves it uphill. no power needed?

impossible.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#74662 Feb 8, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text> Um, they did write down those things. There ARE extant though fragmentary texts that have been found and preserved. They are papyrus scrolls. One of which is the Bodmer papyrus, among many. Quite honestly, there was quite a trade, after his resurrection, regarding items related to him (burial cloths, nails, the cross, etc). The modern practice in the catholic church of having "relics" is the modern day successor of this trade (people would buy the items then donate them to the church). Again, believe if you want, don't believe if you don't want, it matters not to me. Live well, my friend!
The oldest of the Bodmer Papyri - Papyrus 66 - has been dated to 200 AD/CE. Not quite contemporary with Jesus.

I'd be interest in any supporting evidence for the relic trade following the crucifixion.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#74663 Feb 8, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. You write words and sentences with numbers. Unusual.
That is why we the alphabeths, Alpha and Omega stands for the beginning and the end or first and last. Period.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#74664 Feb 8, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
THINK Charles! When god takes away his log of wood from you, you look like his breath of life! To date!
Yes a good advice. Keep on advising yourself. You need to understand many things.

St. Croix valley

#74665 Feb 8, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text> Um, they did write down those things. There ARE extant though fragmentary texts that have been found and preserved. They are papyrus scrolls. One of which is the Bodmer papyrus, among many. Quite honestly, there was quite a trade, after his resurrection, regarding items related to him (burial cloths, nails, the cross, etc). The modern practice in the catholic church of having "relics" is the modern day successor of this trade (people would buy the items then donate them to the church). Again, believe if you want, don't believe if you don't want, it matters not to me. Live well, my friend!
written by contemporaries jesus at the time he said them?
where are the t-shirts?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#74666 Feb 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>So you put the pump in standing water and it moves it uphill. no power needed?
impossible.
Thats what they said about SCP verses Evolution.....:)
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#74667 Feb 8, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
And when the water runs out?
It can pump out of a river...

St. Croix valley

#74668 Feb 8, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>It can pump out of a river...
yeah...like i thought. tons and tons of latent energy in that flowing water, isn't there...nothing magical there, just like a water ram...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 26 min DanFromSmithville 136,256
Evolution Theory Facing Crisis 58 min Christian 202
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 1 hr Kong_ 172,515
Genetic 'Adam' and 'Eve' Uncovered - live science (Sep '13) 5 hr TurkanaBoy 315
Science News (Sep '13) Thu positronium 2,848
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism Aug 27 Zog Has-fallen 343
Natural Selection Not The Only Process That Dri... (Jan '14) Aug 25 reMAAT 20
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••