Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
69,661 - 69,680 of 115,246 Comments Last updated 14 min ago

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74058 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And notice how you have not named the new species.
I will put aside the utter dishonesty in your attempt to replace "breeding" with forcing evolution, for the moment.
And let you further humiliate yourself with more embarrassing comments.
yes in fact i did. i do not know hte latin for our commercial turkeys or the longhorn steer or corn but you can look them up...

it was you that bru-ought up the forced breeding concept, saying even that didn't change species...you were wrong. that is what i pointed out to you.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#74059 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
Now, I'm done playing games.
Of course you're not. It's all you've got.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
Evolution has never been proven. If you wish to continue, the burden of proof is now on you.
100+ years is more than enough time to try and sustain a theory. The gig is up. Modern science no utterly refutes evolution, and only politics and shameful, ignorant people like yourself stand in the way of progress and real science.
I can't imagine how one would "prove" that Evolution is happening. No matter how good the evidence for it, there could be a magical explanation.

I'm willing to settle for the facts that ToE provides plausible explanations for the diversity of Life, geographic distribution of organisms and nested hierarchies in genetic and fossil records.

I also like the fact that it relies on demonstrated processes and that it is falsifiable, but has never been falsified.

Can't get much better than that.

St. Croix valley

#74061 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
where do you find these websites? lol
Stumbleupon...

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#74062 Feb 6, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why 99.99% of working professionals in relevant fields of life sciences (biologists, etc) accept AND EMPLOY the Theory of Evolution.
No they don't.

Now does a majority make something true. Science is not a popularity contest.

Once again, when we separate the politics and ideaology from science, then we will have true scientific progress, and dispense with such unsupported nonsense as evolution.

The scientific community has many times adapted bad science as a whole, like Eugenics for instance, and many times has changed over time.

And it will change again. Now, quit wasting our time, and stop with the futile logic fallacies.

Unless you can do what the whole scientific community has yet done, which is show a viable model, the case if closed. Evolution will rightful go into history as a quaint idea like many others.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74063 Feb 6, 2013
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you're not. It's all you've got.
<quoted text>
I can't imagine how one would "prove" that Evolution is happening. No matter how good the evidence for it, there could be a magical explanation.
I'm willing to settle for the facts that ToE provides plausible explanations for the diversity of Life, geographic distribution of organisms and nested hierarchies in genetic and fossil records.
I also like the fact that it relies on demonstrated processes and that it is falsifiable, but has never been falsified.
Can't get much better than that.
I don't put much faith in magic, sorry.:)
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#74064 Feb 6, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> We invented the god concept and yet we will all die, either timely or time, why?
Since we are the inventors then why can we not inmortalise .
Because everything has a beginning and an end. The very idea of an eternal being is silly.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74065 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes in fact i did. i do not know hte latin for our commercial turkeys or the longhorn steer or corn but you can look them up...
it was you that bru-ought up the forced breeding concept, saying even that didn't change species...you were wrong. that is what i pointed out to you.
No, I mentioned FORCED EVOLUTION.

I see you have reverted to lying.

Breeding is not evolution. Or are you going to submit that it is now, to save face?

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74066 Feb 6, 2013
trekx wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution has been proven over and over again and its the reason why you need a new flu shoot every year. And if you think you can disprove it wright it down, get it peer reviewed, and collect your nobel prize, not to mention the organizations that are offering
cash rewards totaling millions of dollars for disproving it.
So tell me, what is a better more logical explanation for life, A. an invisible being that lives in the sky snapped its
fingers and poof there is life. Or B. microscopic biological organisms evolved over billions of years forming thousands of
species including humans. Seems pretty straight forward to me ...
LOL!!!!!!

Now flu shots is evidence of evolution? You're not serious, right?

No, evolution has never been proven.

Just look how yet again, no one is able to explain how mutations have resulted in positive changes that result in a new species?

there is not just a lack of evidence for evolution. there is ZERO evidence for it, as a matter of scientific fact. And around and around we go.

But if you can make the model viable, go ahead. As I keep stating, if you can do what the whole scientific community has not been able to do with decades, you'd be a hero.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#74067 Feb 6, 2013
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if there is a magical hand guiding it evolution is happening. It is a scientific fact. Just like the big bang.

If you wish to argue that your chosen God set it into motion...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#74068 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
aww, hope you feel better
lol...don't really feel bad...it just seems a little redundant to cover the same ground over and over again...

But you bring alot of fresh ideas that keeps it interesting...(keep up the good work!:)
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#74069 Feb 6, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God can never be created.
Gods are created all the time. The idea of an eternal being however is just plain silly. Nothing is forever.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74070 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
what about non-coding DNA? design or evolution?
I make no speculations, and have no opinion one way or another. I neither support evolution, or Creationism, or design, or anything. One must liberate themselves from all of these preconceived notions to really understand science.

I merely point out the fact that evolution has not viable model that works.

And as predicted, it is met with hostility, disbelief, and nonsense about breeding being an example of evolution, which it is not.

And it is not my fault such ab absurd notion has survived so long in academia, and become the status quo without any foundation, or that people's careers are destroyed if they question it. That is reality, but until we are ALL brave enough to question what we hold to be truth, there will be no progress.

St. Croix valley

#74072 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And notice how you have not named the new species.
I will put aside the utter dishonesty in your attempt to replace "breeding" with forcing evolution, for the moment.
And let you further humiliate yourself with more embarrassing comments.
What part of the clear fossil record of one species to the nest moving from more ape like to more human like ( I know that isn't tech. correct, hominids didn't evolve from apes, but this guy has the intelligence of an ape, so it needs to be dumbed down...)don't you understand?

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#74073 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
I don't put much faith in magic, sorry.:)
Then Evolution it is. See how simple?

St. Croix valley

#74074 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!!!!
Now flu shots is evidence of evolution? You're not serious, right?
No, evolution has never been proven.
Just look how yet again, no one is able to explain how mutations have resulted in positive changes that result in a new species?
there is not just a lack of evidence for evolution. there is ZERO evidence for it, as a matter of scientific fact. And around and around we go.
But if you can make the model viable, go ahead. As I keep stating, if you can do what the whole scientific community has not been able to do with decades, you'd be a hero.
he was refering to the evolution of the flu viruses 9 and tangentally the evolution of humans to those changes...)

why can't you disprove those? wyy don't you understand the simple concept he outlined?

St. Croix valley

#74075 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I mentioned FORCED EVOLUTION.
I see you have reverted to lying.
Breeding is not evolution. Or are you going to submit that it is now, to save face?
What is forced evolution then?

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74077 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>What part of the clear fossil record of one species to the nest moving from more ape like to more human like ( I know that isn't tech. correct, hominids didn't evolve from apes, but this guy has the intelligence of an ape, so it needs to be dumbed down...)don't you understand?
There is no such fossil record that supports this. The fossil records do not support evolution at all, or any such transitional period between species.

You are just regurgitating what someone told you at this point. I bet you don't have the faintest idea what the model of evolution actual is, do you?

Blind faith?

Unfortunately, this is probably how religions actual start. Blind followers of something they think is absolutely true.

Sad, really, that science is being destroyed from within.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#74078 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
"Atheism is not a philosophy; it is not even a view of the world; it is simply a refusal to deny the obvious."
-Sam Harris
--American Neuroscientist
(good quote)

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74079 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>he was refering to the evolution of the flu viruses 9 and tangentally the evolution of humans to those changes...)
why can't you disprove those? wyy don't you understand the simple concept he outlined?
So you are no changing the meaning of evolution to support your world view?

The flu is the flu. It has to change (not evolve, see who you avoid using the right word?) to do what it does.

If the flu never changed, then it would never survive. It is its nature.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74080 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>What is forced evolution then?
Nothing. It's not anything, thus the point. Can evolution be forced?

If evolution could be forced, then MAYBE we could test it. But since the model depends upon millions of years, or enough time for mutations to change the species, that would be very, very difficult without time travel.

The model also is based on this being a NATURAL occurrence. If it is forced, then that contradicts the model, as that would be design, not accident, or natural selection.

I guess forced evolution could be theistic evolution then. Is that what you support?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Genetic 'Adam' and 'Eve' Uncovered - live science (Sep '13) 34 min Kong_ 319
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr KAB 136,268
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 4 hr One way or another 172,522
Evolution Theory Facing Crisis 5 hr TurkanaBoy 208
Science News (Sep '13) Thu positronium 2,848
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism Aug 27 Zog Has-fallen 343
Natural Selection Not The Only Process That Dri... (Jan '14) Aug 25 reMAAT 20
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••