Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,480)

Showing posts 69,581 - 69,600 of111,841
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>first one would need to have the teensiest shred of evidence that any god, gods or goddesses have ever maybe existed, then that could maybe be part of the discussion. when you find that shred, get back to us...
The Bible is a bit more then a shred.

Now how did your spontaneous life start in your dream world?
Charlie Rango

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Junk DNA
Bad name! Should call "science doesn't know what this DNA does "
U hidden yo DNA butta show up yo RNA rain!;)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean abiogenesis? It helps if you use the correct terms.

Scientists are still working out the details of how it may have happened. This concept is still in the hypothetical stage which means scientists are not sure. Of course there worst Wild Ass Guess is definitely better than your best one. If you want to see where they were about 5 years ago you can watch this short video that explains how it could have happened by chemical means only. No magic, no special effects, just chemistry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
No, I mean spontaneous life generation.
There is nothing wrong with this term as its proven to provide just as much life as
abiogenesis.

Go ahead and rule out things that you have no proof or reason to rule out. Your worst Wild Ass Guess is a great idea. You seem to quite use to that.

LOL. Rain falling on rocks, why with every Thunderstorm we should see new life happening all the time. Why is it that science has not been able to create life yet? It's just rain and rocks, should not be to hard to set that up in the lab.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Charlie Rango wrote:
<quoted text>
Men tall list?!!;-000000 watta Q A;)~ don't see CBS to much;)
I don't either. It was just a random-a thing. lol

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Riverside , CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is a bit more then a shred.
Now how did your spontaneous life start in your dream world?
Again i will say... "If your trying to refer to the origin of life in your own nieve way its much more complicated then that and its not simply spontaneous. Human life as we are today is a evolutionary process that has taken billions of years. Like i said read a science book. evolution has been proven over and over again and if you think you can disprove it then wright it down get it peer reviewed and collect your nobel prize"...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

trekx wrote:
<quoted text>First off Rain on rocks, WTF?? If your trying to refer to the origin of life in your own nieve way its much more complicated then that and its not simply spontaneous. Human life as we are today is a evolutionary process that has taken billions of years. Like i said read a science book. evolution has been proven over and over again and if your think you can disprove it wright it down get it peer reviewed and collect your nobel prize...
No it's not more complicated. science claims that millions of years of
rain washed the essence of life out of the rocks and into the primordial soup then one day poof life.

There is zero proof for macro evolution.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>evidence for evolution?
No there is no such thing as evolution.
That's just a very old science myth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

trekx wrote:
<quoted text>Again i will say... "If your trying to refer to the origin of life in your own nieve way its much more complicated then that and its not simply spontaneous. Human life as we are today is a evolutionary process that has taken billions of years. Like i said read a science book. evolution has been proven over and over again and if you think you can disprove it then wright it down get it peer reviewed and collect your nobel prize"...
Unlike you repeating a lie doesn't make me believe it.

Level 1

Riverside , CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
rain washed the essence of life out of the rocks and into the primordial soup then one day poof life.
Yes it is very much more complicated then that, and evolution is a proven fact and the reason why you need a new flu shoot every year. And like i said disprove it and collect your nobel prize not to mention the organizations that are offering cash rewards totaling millions of dollars for disproving it.

So tell me, what is a better more logical explanation for life, A. an invisible being that lives in the sky snapped its fingers and poof there is life. Or B. microscopic biological organisms evolved over billions of years forming thousands of species including humans. Seems pretty straight forward to me ...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I mean spontaneous life generation.
There is nothing wrong with this term as its proven to provide just as much life as
abiogenesis.
Go ahead and rule out things that you have no proof or reason to rule out. Your worst Wild Ass Guess is a great idea. You seem to quite use to that.
LOL. Rain falling on rocks, why with every Thunderstorm we should see new life happening all the time. Why is it that science has not been able to create life yet? It's just rain and rocks, should not be to hard to set that up in the lab.
I see you took the common creatard tactic of ignoring evidence.

You obviously did not watch the video I linked otherwise you would not still be asking such moronic questions.

Watch the video and try again.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, repeating lies is a tactic that creatards already have a patent on.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Again wrong word idiot.

The word you want is "evidence" more specifically "scientific evidence".

There are literally mountains of scientific evidence that supports evolution. And no scientific evidence that supports creationism.

Level 1

Riverside , CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey the burden of proof lies on religion. Science is a proven method and a far better explanation then, its true because i read it in a ancient book full is superstition written by men in a time when they believed the world was flat... The bible is the true lie. and if you disapprove of science so much then become Amish.
ZACKLY

Pass Christian, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

trekx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is very much more complicated then that, and evolution is a proven fact and the reason why you need a new flu shoot every year. And like i said disprove it and collect your nobel prize not to mention the organizations that are offering cash rewards totaling millions of dollars for disproving it.
So tell me, what is a better more logical explanation for life, A. an invisible being that lives in the sky snapped its fingers and poof there is life. Or B. microscopic biological organisms evolved over billions of years forming thousands of species including humans. Seems pretty straight forward to me ...
It has already been discussed on this thread. The Creator created living things at once and then he showed them patterns to follow to be fruitful and multiply them after their own kind. Everything follows patterns according to the theory. The theory suggest that some species are made to follow after similar patterns by are their own kind. Have you heard of SCP theory?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
We are energy
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Everything is energy

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>You have no evidence disproving the existence of a God. The universe is a proof of God's existence, what brought it into existence?
A question no one has ever correctly and truthfully answered.
That is a double negative, did you progress from home school?

So your argument is no evidence? Right!!! How about logic? How about critical thinking? How about NO EVIDENCE? HmmmÖ

Actually I do have evidence and so does everyone else, as I have told you before and you have ignored that evidence because it does not suite your sensibilities. E=MC^2 proves that no omnipotent (infinite power/energy) being (Revelation 19:6 KJV) can exist in this universe because you exist.

Nope the universe is ***thought*** to be proof of existence of god by those who are not capable of rational and critical thinking and logic. By people who consider the thought and ignorance of bronze age understanding to be more valid that modern knowledge. By people who are unwilling to accept the facts that stare them in the face.

There is no evidence for the existence or non existence of a god. No evidence either way. Now I have no evidence for the existence of a Ferrari ignition key in my purse and guess what, there is NO Ferrari ignition key in my purse.

A question that no one YET knows the answer to, so itís silly to guess, right? The thing is the science IS looking for the answer. Godbots arenít, they are happy to wallow in their ignorance and continue believing their guess.

Level 1

Riverside , CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

ZACKLY wrote:
<quoted text>It has already been discussed on this thread. The Creator created living things at once and then he showed them patterns to follow to be fruitful and multiply them after their own kind. Everything follows patterns according to the theory. The theory suggest that some species are made to follow after similar patterns by are their own kind. Have you heard of SCP theory?
No it has nothing to do with your ancient beliefs and superstitions. I deal is sane, rational, logical, reality. Not primitive believes of imaginary beings in the sky and ancient books written by some goat herders in the desert that believed that the world was flat.

If i where to say to you that Harry potter is all true and i know this because i read the book. this is about as insane as you talking about your god and bible sound to a rational Atheist ..

You see the problem with us Atheist is we like to think and we like real logical answers back up by real logical facts. I'm not going to accept its true because its in my ancient book of superstitions (bible)or because my imaginary friend (God) made everything end of story. These are simple answers for simple minds..
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

The SCP or Systems, Cycles and Patterns idea was formulated here on these forum topix threads and the Dude and Kong are part of its history. The nay sayers have caused it to come into what it is.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And i am telling you that, that does not change Newton's beliefs of God and also does not change Einstein statement about religion and science. You once again proven wrong.
And I am telling you that Newtonís beliefs were irrelevant to his discoveries. Whether he believed in a god or the flying spaghetti monster chance has an apple falling in his view, and his belief only coincidentally pertinent to his inventions.

I am also telling you that given your obvious bias and misunderstanding you are misinterpreting or deliberately misunderstanding Einsteinís statement but first we will establish which statement :-

Do you mean Einsteinís statement ďThe word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.Ē

Or Einsteinís statement ďFor me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions.Ē

Or Einsteinís statement "I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it".

Or Einsteinís statement "I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings."

Or Einsteinís statement "I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty."

Or Einsteinís statement ďNeither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbour such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms. True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness."

Or Einsteinís statement "A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectual on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Or Einsteinís statement ďMorality is of the highest importance-- but for us, not for God."

I have offered actual extracts from Einsteinís statements and it seems you have offered nothing on top of lies. Is this lying and deception what gets you hot?

So it seem to me that although you make bold statements, I find it hilarious and so typical of your ilk that you IGNORE the commandments (and so much else) that you claim to adhere to -*** Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.*** You hypocritical moron

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You only mentioned google, what about MSN, Wikipedia and even Yahoo?
Clueless, if i may add.
Ok.

Msn, wikipedia and yahoo.

And yes-you ARE clueless.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 69,581 - 69,600 of111,841
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••