Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
69,501 - 69,520 of 112,833 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Where is xxooxx, I need a partner in crime! lol

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

one of my favorite comics for peoples' enjoyment/edification:

http://xkcd.com/808/

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
one of my favorite comics for peoples' enjoyment/edification:
http://xkcd.com/808/
lol

It's the end times. We need to watch out for false profit.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit. Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet. While they have been used to symbolize beginning and end, that is not a translation.
Revelation 21:6
He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.(NIV)

Revelation 22:13
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.(NIV)

This statement by Jesus is very important to Christianity because it clearly means that Jesus existed before creation and will continue to exist for all eternity. He was with God before anything was created, and therefore, took part in creation. Jesus, like God, was not created. He is eternal. Thus, Alpha and Omega as a Christian symbol signifies the eternal nature of Jesus Christ and God.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.(NIV)
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.(NIV)
This statement by Jesus is very important to Christianity because it clearly means that Jesus existed before creation and will continue to exist for all eternity. He was with God before anything was created, and therefore, took part in creation. Jesus, like God, was not created. He is eternal. Thus, Alpha and Omega as a Christian symbol signifies the eternal nature of Jesus Christ and God.
then why did Jesus have to be born by a human?

bibloe stories are funny in tehir inability to make sense! tell us some more!

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that's what it means. The alpha omega means something else. It's just the code. I hacked it. lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you certainly cannot define it as an existing entity. it is just a word. no evil 'exists'...
Evil exist in every mans heart doesn't it?

Wikipedia
"In the philosophy of religion, the problem of evil is the question of how to reconcile the existence of evil with that of a deity who is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent (see theism). An argument from evil attempts to show that the co-existence of evil and such a deity is unlikely or impossible, and attempts to show the contrary have been traditionally known as theodicies."

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

any attempt to hack into mine will be detected. in fact, I will run a test tonight. so don't even think about it. lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot would not have classified themselves as evil.
"If we were to assume that human beings have freewill, the problem of evil could become a problem of choice, if one were to know all the consequences of one's choice. But one does not always know the consequences. The saying that the road to hell is paved with good intentions has a lot of truth in this sense. If humans lack freewill, there can be no moral evil but a more perplexing problem of physical evil."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sure we can! humans have created thousands of gods. most of them more interesting than yours.

maybe the universe was, is and always will be and then humans created god.(well, we know the last part is true. llok at all the human traits your mythical god has, he is a vindictive, jealous little prick. why would a god be so human like if humans didn't invent him?
I see you're back up to speed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>then why did Jesus have to be born by a human?

bibloe stories are funny in tehir inability to make sense! tell us some more!
I'm not here to train you on Christianity.

Tell me about spontaneous life......

“Steaming hunk”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
With all the "religiosity" expressed on this thread, we christians tend to forget that Christianity is about christ, not our imagined ability to add to or take away from him (He does not need our "explanations" or defenses). The central issue is simply that Christ says "I am". You athiests are free to not believe, I will not resort to ridicule or cruelty.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're back up to speed.
Never slowed down!

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not here to train you on Christianity.
Tell me about spontaneous life......
is that where god supposedly made life out of inanimate stuff?

most free thinkers know more about the religions of those that proclaim to follow the faith, so no you don't have to train me about anything there...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Evil exist in every mans heart doesn't it?
Wikipedia
"In the philosophy of religion, the problem of evil is the question of how to reconcile the existence of evil with that of a deity who is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent (see theism). An argument from evil attempts to show that the co-existence of evil and such a deity is unlikely or impossible, and attempts to show the contrary have been traditionally known as theodicies."
No, it really doesn't...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

superwilly wrote:
<quoted text> With all the "religiosity" expressed on this thread, we christians tend to forget that Christianity is about christ, not our imagined ability to add to or take away from him (He does not need our "explanations" or defenses). The central issue is simply that Christ says "I am". You athiests are free to not believe, I will not resort to ridicule or cruelty.
Why would you believe that myth over all the other ones?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>is that where god supposedly made life out of inanimate stuff?

most free thinkers know more about the religions of those that proclaim to follow the faith, so no you don't have to train me about anything there...
Tell me about your spontaneous life theory!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, it really doesn't...
Please explain

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Baaaaahaaaahaaaaa

Baaaaa haaaaahaaaaaa!!

You've got to read what liberty posted!!!

Be for warned you might die laughing!!!

BaaaHaaaaaHaaaaa!!!!!! Baaahaaahaaaa.

"Givemeliberty wrote:

"I am especially proud of my volunteer work and donations to the humanist cause. Every year I go to the Philippines and spend thousands on food,water, clothing and medicine for the needy there. After a horrific typhoon and flooding there I was there amongst others 14 hours a day handing out supplies, giving life saving injections and treatments to those who lost their home. I stood and watched as homeless children lined up easily 3 miles deep for a package of crackers sandwich fruit and bottle of water. Unwanted children who were born because the Christian ran theocracy light government makes it nearly impossible for a woman to obtain birth control. My wife is in pre-med classes and wants to practice medicine there free to help those poor children. Here in the states I collect donations for running in marathons with the money going to children's charities and cancer or HIV awareness programs.
I have seen first hand time and time again the damage and heart breaking situations brought on by theists. The same theists who come crawling to us to help fix their mess! Oh but while we are fixing it are we thanked? Nope. We barely get the figurative broom in hand and they are shrieking at us for not believing in their imaginary friend.
Honor? I guess it is a relative term. The dozen of urban low income students I assist for free with their biology and pharmaceutical homework at two different colleges locally would probably say good ole KJ is an alright dude.
Now if coming on topix and giving the theists a little taste of backbone, the theists who try to intimidate and silence non believers because they think we should all be meek and humble and tolerate their abuse and repeated logical fallacies makes me vile, Without reason, Disrespectful, In someone's opinion? So be it, hmmm I will chuckle about how vile And disrespectful I am Friday at U of L for the 6 hours I am assisting the students there as a volunteer. Or perhaps this summer as I am passing out thousands of dollars worth of free medicine and other essentials trying to save some more homeless from dying. Yes I was walking by a group of people there and they were huddled together praying loudly and crying. I looked in and a young girl was on the ground dying of dehydration. Instead of getting her water and rushing her to the hospital they stood there holding hands and praying! I grabbed my cell phone and called for an ambulance and started trying to get her to drink. Slowly she sipped the water as the praying continued. The ambulance came after almost an hour and reluctantly took her to the hospital, the paramedic said she was good as dead and best leave it in the hands of Jesus same thing the crowd thought. She died 18 hours later. They didn't even know her name and couldn't figure it out.
I guess I'll somehow deal with being called disrespectful.
<quoted text>"

He really thinks people would buy this crap! LOL

OMG!!!
Now that's funny!! LOL
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

woodtick 57 wrote:
<quoted text>Ummm...hello, if the Earth was created at the birth of the universe, how could there be any civilization more advanced than us?
Humans are a primitive species, advanced civs have been around for millions of years....that means woodstick, the Bible story is a ....human story like Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny , all three fairy tales. That should clear up all that confusion in your gray matter. And, it must be true, its in black and white. God was created in the primitive human mind, so that means the universe is older than the Bible story by billions of years. So answer this question: Can humans contact advanced civs utilizing human technology? Goodluck.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••