Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#73877 Feb 5, 2013
Baaaaahaaaahaaaaa

Baaaaa haaaaahaaaaaa!!

You've got to read what liberty posted!!!

Be for warned you might die laughing!!!

BaaaHaaaaaHaaaaa!!!!!! Baaahaaahaaaa.

"Givemeliberty wrote:

"I am especially proud of my volunteer work and donations to the humanist cause. Every year I go to the Philippines and spend thousands on food,water, clothing and medicine for the needy there. After a horrific typhoon and flooding there I was there amongst others 14 hours a day handing out supplies, giving life saving injections and treatments to those who lost their home. I stood and watched as homeless children lined up easily 3 miles deep for a package of crackers sandwich fruit and bottle of water. Unwanted children who were born because the Christian ran theocracy light government makes it nearly impossible for a woman to obtain birth control. My wife is in pre-med classes and wants to practice medicine there free to help those poor children. Here in the states I collect donations for running in marathons with the money going to children's charities and cancer or HIV awareness programs.
I have seen first hand time and time again the damage and heart breaking situations brought on by theists. The same theists who come crawling to us to help fix their mess! Oh but while we are fixing it are we thanked? Nope. We barely get the figurative broom in hand and they are shrieking at us for not believing in their imaginary friend.
Honor? I guess it is a relative term. The dozen of urban low income students I assist for free with their biology and pharmaceutical homework at two different colleges locally would probably say good ole KJ is an alright dude.
Now if coming on topix and giving the theists a little taste of backbone, the theists who try to intimidate and silence non believers because they think we should all be meek and humble and tolerate their abuse and repeated logical fallacies makes me vile, Without reason, Disrespectful, In someone's opinion? So be it, hmmm I will chuckle about how vile And disrespectful I am Friday at U of L for the 6 hours I am assisting the students there as a volunteer. Or perhaps this summer as I am passing out thousands of dollars worth of free medicine and other essentials trying to save some more homeless from dying. Yes I was walking by a group of people there and they were huddled together praying loudly and crying. I looked in and a young girl was on the ground dying of dehydration. Instead of getting her water and rushing her to the hospital they stood there holding hands and praying! I grabbed my cell phone and called for an ambulance and started trying to get her to drink. Slowly she sipped the water as the praying continued. The ambulance came after almost an hour and reluctantly took her to the hospital, the paramedic said she was good as dead and best leave it in the hands of Jesus same thing the crowd thought. She died 18 hours later. They didn't even know her name and couldn't figure it out.
I guess I'll somehow deal with being called disrespectful.
<quoted text>"

He really thinks people would buy this crap! LOL

OMG!!!
Now that's funny!! LOL
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

#73878 Feb 5, 2013
woodtick 57 wrote:
<quoted text>Ummm...hello, if the Earth was created at the birth of the universe, how could there be any civilization more advanced than us?
Humans are a primitive species, advanced civs have been around for millions of years....that means woodstick, the Bible story is a ....human story like Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny , all three fairy tales. That should clear up all that confusion in your gray matter. And, it must be true, its in black and white. God was created in the primitive human mind, so that means the universe is older than the Bible story by billions of years. So answer this question: Can humans contact advanced civs utilizing human technology? Goodluck.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#73879 Feb 5, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me about your spontaneous life theory!
i have no theory of how life started. i seriously doubt it started here on earth, but that is my personal opinion.

St. Croix valley

#73880 Feb 5, 2013
Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Humans are a primitive species, advanced civs have been around for millions of years....that means woodstick, the Bible story is a ....human story like Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny , all three fairy tales. That should clear up all that confusion in your gray matter. And, it must be true, its in black and white. God was created in the primitive human mind, so that means the universe is older than the Bible story by billions of years. So answer this question: Can humans contact advanced civs utilizing human technology? Goodluck.
Why are you so sure there are advanced civilizations? there is no proof of such.

again, you stated that the earth, was created at the beginning of the universe, therefore there could not be any worlds older than urs, so probably not any more advanced, that was what I was getting at.

again, i would love to see this proof of more advanced civilizations. i always wonder why people take this a given, perhaps we are the most advanced. why not?

St. Croix valley

#73881 Feb 5, 2013
Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Humans are a primitive species, advanced civs have been around for millions of years....that means woodstick, the Bible story is a ....human story like Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny , all three fairy tales. That should clear up all that confusion in your gray matter. And, it must be true, its in black and white. God was created in the primitive human mind, so that means the universe is older than the Bible story by billions of years. So answer this question: Can humans contact advanced civs utilizing human technology? Goodluck.
if you were flying in a jet over the amazon, and a tribe that never got out of the stone age signaled you with a fire, you would still know someone is there...

St. Croix valley

#73882 Feb 5, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain
the heart is an og=rgan used for pumping blood throught animals bodies. it does not hold evil. nothing holds evil as it is a concept in peoples' mind. it is not an entity or something that exists.

Location hidden

#73883 Feb 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i have no theory of how life started. i seriously doubt it started here on earth, but that is my personal opinion.
Regardless of where it started how did it start?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#73884 Feb 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the heart is an og=rgan used for pumping blood throught animals bodies. it does not hold evil. nothing holds evil as it is a concept in peoples' mind. it is not an entity or something that exists.
You are right it's a mental construct. But negative energy exists.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#73885 Feb 5, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
study the elements you might find the answer
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

#73886 Feb 5, 2013
woodtick 57 wrote:
<quoted text>if you were flying in a jet over the amazon, and a tribe that never got out of the stone age signaled you with a fire, you would still know someone is there...
Woody, ever heard of Blue Book or SETI? Why would the smartest, most intelligent people on this planet focus on contacting beings not of this earth? Plus, experience is the best indication that humans are infact not alone. Not alone but, light years behind the beings it desperately wants to contact. The primitive human animals mind can grasp a story.....not the reality of its existence.

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Riverside , CA

#73887 Feb 5, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Read a science book! No magic, superstition, primitive thought or other childish nonsense involved ...

St. Croix valley

#73888 Feb 5, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right it's a mental construct. But negative energy exists.
it would be nice if there a shred of evidence of such.

remember the XKCD cartoon....

“water water water water water ”

Since: Oct 07

the place with Pyramid Head

#73889 Feb 5, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
i cant help but sense some negative energy coming from you

St. Croix valley

#73890 Feb 5, 2013
Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Woody, ever heard of Blue Book or SETI? Why would the smartest, most intelligent people on this planet focus on contacting beings not of this earth? Plus, experience is the best indication that humans are infact not alone. Not alone but, light years behind the beings it desperately wants to contact. The primitive human animals mind can grasp a story.....not the reality of its existence.
So that would be no proof of these more advanced civilizations...

i would doubt we are the only life in the universe, but to flat out say there have been more advanced civilizations for millions of years is a flat out lie and would put you with the bigfoot people....

St. Croix valley

#73891 Feb 5, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No human knows.
Superwilly

Butler, PA

#73892 Feb 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you believe that myth over all the other ones?
Good question. The answer lies in the uniqueness of christ and his and his ascertation that no one comes unto the father but through him. It's not anti science, but somethng totally different, faith.

Location hidden

#73893 Feb 5, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>study the elements you might find the answer
LOL

My granddaddy is no rock!

Location hidden

#73894 Feb 5, 2013
trekx wrote:
<quoted text>Read a science book! No magic, superstition, primitive thought or other childish nonsense involved ...
Please explain: science is testable and provable. Now explain spontaneous life.

No magic just start with the rain falling on rocks no atmosphere, no oxygen, just rocks and rain. Ok take it away I'll wait.

St. Croix valley

#73895 Feb 5, 2013
Superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>Good question. The answer lies in the uniqueness of christ and his and his ascertation that no one comes unto the father but through him. It's not anti science, but somethng totally different, faith.
yet its just the rehash of so many previous religous myths? and you call that unique? you've been brainwashed by a cult.

Location hidden

#73896 Feb 5, 2013
PRIME RIB wrote:
<quoted text>i cant help but sense some negative energy coming from you
Hmmm. I'm not sure why. I've been laughing my as$ off on these threads today there is some real funny people out there you know. So what is it that could be giving you the wrong impression?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 1 hr Hidingfromyou 669
How would creationists explain... 3 hr MADRONE 417
Science News (Sep '13) Wed positronium 2,944
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) Dec 22 Chimney1 13,624
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Dec 20 nobody 7
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) Dec 19 Zach 4
Genetic entropy Dec 18 Discord 159
More from around the web