Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#73648 Feb 3, 2013
Cybele wrote:
`Prophet!' said I,`thing of evil!- prophet still, if bird or devil!
By that Heaven that bends above us - by that God we both adore -
Tell this soul with sorrow laden if, within the distant Aidenn,
It shall clasp a sainted maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Clasp a rare and radiant maiden, whom the angels named Lenore?'
Quoth the raven,`BALTIMORE'
lol
An odd bit of reverse synchronicity - Edgar Allan Poe died in Baltimore...

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#73649 Feb 3, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I've got a revelation for you.
"The impossibility of conceiving that this grand and wondrous universe, with our conscious selves, arose through chance, seems to me the chief argument for &#8232;the existence of God."
- Charles Darwin
Did you Darwinist evolutionists know that he held a degree in Theology?
http://withalliamgod.wordpress.com/2010/11/29...
stop lying
Why don't you stop quote mining? Here is the full text:

"But I may say that the impossibility of conceiving that this grand and wondrous universe, with our conscious selves, arose through chance, seems to me the chief argument for the existence of God; but whether this is an argument of real value, I have never been able to decide. I am aware that if we admit a first cause, the mind still craves to know whence it came and how it arose. Nor can I overlook the difficulty from the immense amount of suffering through the world. I am, also, induced to defer to a certain extent to the judgment of the many able men who have fully believed in God; but here again I see how poor an argument this is. The safest conclusion seems to be that the whole subject is beyond the scope of manís intellect; but man can do his duty."

Darwin also said:

"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."

Draw your own conclusions.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#73650 Feb 3, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Science sites are like mother goose sites.
Science lays the golden eggs.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#73651 Feb 3, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
THANK YOU!! Finally, someone who doesn't misrepresent the works of Darwin! Stupid narcissistic atheistic pricks. The lot of em.
But unfortunately, she does. See above.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#73652 Feb 4, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>But unfortunately, she does. See above.
? But she's so pretty and blue and Avatarish. Too impatient. Just tell me.

Location hidden

#73653 Feb 4, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>But unfortunately, she does. See above.
Are you referring to the complete quote you posted? Darwin obviously wrestled with his faith. It happens. I find it hard for any intellectual person not to wrestle at some point. No point to be made there. Merely an observation. Still. I love how his writing style tends to border on the poetic.

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Riverside , CA

#73654 Feb 4, 2013
Evolution is a proven fact the burden of proof lies on Creationist to disprove it. And BTW there are several groups that are offering a cash reward to disprove Evolution i believe one is offering a million $ not to mention the Nobel prize you would get for disproving it. but yet with all this incentive NO ONE can disprove Evolution. its logical its fact ....

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#73655 Feb 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Post just before this.
<quoted text>
Still doesn't change the fact that it's Greek. THE ENGLISH DON'T OWN THE GREEK, CHUCKY! THE GREEKS OWN THE GREEK!! GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!!
Or you just trying to get us English into debt with the Greeks to help 'em out with their current economical troubles?
<quoted text>
That the scientific theory of gravity is lame because scientific theories are lame, just as you said.
<quoted text>
Other organisms becoming human would be a violation of nested hierarchies, and would therefore falsify evolution. Evolution (as far as can be scientifically determined) is not goal directed, so there is no reason to expect other organisms to all evolve into humans. Also none of the species on Earth have stopped evolving. It's just that the changes are generally observed at a genetic level, not a drastic visual one.
So, which one is evolving into humans?
Alpha and Omega stands for the beginning and the end, it is English!
Next?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#73656 Feb 4, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Science sites are like mother goose sites.
Lol

They only subscribe to sites that favours their so called ideas of science.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#73657 Feb 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>So, which one is evolving into humans?
Alpha and Omega stands for the beginning and the end, it is English!
Next?
His answer was clear. We would not expect another animal to evolve into humans all over again. The particulars of environment and the mutations that happened to occur at the times they did will not be precisely replicated again. All creatures evolve, but there is no goal directed at producing us. Even if advanced intelligent life on earth evolves again, it would almost certainly be some different sort of intelligent creature.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#73658 Feb 4, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to the complete quote you posted? Darwin obviously wrestled with his faith. It happens. I find it hard for any intellectual person not to wrestle at some point. No point to be made there. Merely an observation. Still. I love how his writing style tends to border on the poetic.
"Though reticent about his religious views, in 1879 he responded that he had never been an atheist in the sense of denying the existence of a god, and that generally "an Agnostic would be the more correct description of my state of mind."[7] He went as far as saying that "Science has nothing to do with Christ, except insofar as the habit of scientific research makes a man cautious in admitting evidence. For myself, I do not believe that there ever has been any revelation."

-wiki

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#73659 Feb 4, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
"Science is...a powerful way, indeed - to study the natural world. Science is not particularly effective...in making commentary about the supernatural world. Both worlds, for me, are quite real and quite important. They are investigated in different ways. They coexist. They illuminate each other."
-Francis Collins
--American physician-geneticist and director of the National Human Genome Research Institute
"In his 2006 book The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief, Collins considers scientific discoveries an "opportunity to worship". In his book Collins rejects Young Earth creationism and intelligent design. His own belief is theistic evolution or evolutionary creation which he prefers to term BioLogos."

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#73660 Feb 4, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
"Atheism is not a philosophy; it is not even a view of the world; it is simply a refusal to deny the obvious."
-Sam Harris
--American Neuroscientist
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.

Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Location hidden

#73661 Feb 4, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>"Though reticent about his religious views, in 1879 he responded that he had never been an atheist in the sense of denying the existence of a god, and that generally "an Agnostic would be the more correct description of my state of mind."[7] He went as far as saying that "Science has nothing to do with Christ, except insofar as the habit of scientific research makes a man cautious in admitting evidence. For myself, I do not believe that there ever has been any revelation."

-wiki
Well there ya have it. At least he understood himself. Still a brilliantly passionate man. I have nothing but the utmost respect for his work.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#73663 Feb 4, 2013
Common Person wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all common people, you're no exception, sorry.
What religion does is give people who choose to believe something they cannot prove (a higher power, etc) is called "faith".
Join the 22nd century already. At least get educated on things you talk about.
We are NOT all common people. You just don't have access to the privileged.

It's debatable as to whether or not the wise would hang out on a forum. For the most part, I just don't think anyone is willing to acknowledge wisdom. Why bother when a goon can rough up a wise man anytime they want to with little chance of being punished?

I'm not sure if this is news to you but this is the 21st century, not the 22nd. Don't worry. It's a common mistake!:)

As far as proving or disproving something as faith goes, who cares? Logic is logic. Faith does not depend on logic, just some hidden belief that one's personal prejudice is based on some secret sensory perception. Market it as anything else and I'm sure the wise will probably think to themselves, "Here comes another commoner."

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#73664 Feb 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Read through the commandments of Jesus and Moses through God, liar!
Sorry, am I missing something here? I am QUOTING the babble and you are calling me a liar Ė WTF is wrong with you?

Honey I have read the 10 commandments and the 613 commandments in fact I have read the entire bible cover to cover 3 times and many more times if you want to add up verses and chapters I have read in isolation. And this is where it all goes turd shaped for you because I have read it and it seems that you are copying your preacher and interpreting the selective bits he told you about. I can see where you interpret and I know about the virtual time machine you an others like you use to justify such interpretation. That however is NOT the babble, that is only your interpretation of the babble

So lets talk about the commandments you seem to keen to bring up, how about commandment 9 (or 8 in another version of the babble)

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour

So why are you baring false witness against me Ė why because you are LYING prat who calls himself a christian when if trust you are sick in the head and in need of a psychiatrist

Level 6

#73665 Feb 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I have heard thousands of that/this/these those un-supported lies in the name of science, yours is no different...
The thing is that the facts I supply are supported. The fact that you deliberately ignore that evidence is your problem.

So I ask again, can you offer any evidence that goddidit?

Because you seem incapable of offering such evidence and can only come up with sloping shouldered diversion we have to assume that your answer is NO

Level 6

#73667 Feb 4, 2013
Snark Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually God exists in a few cells in the right hemisphere of the brain...Temporal area....God has been recreated in the lab with electro-magnetic stimulation as well as out of body experiences.
A few cells in the right hemisphere of the brain of those who want to believe in a god. I suppose it does not matter which god or whether itís one or many. The human imagination is a wonderful thing

EM can cause many different hallucinations, I hear LSD can be more realistic and I really would love to see peer reviewed evidence of an out of body experience, the imagination is personal to oneself and cannot be peer reviewed.

My father who is not really religious beyond school babble class 60 odd years ago swears that after being mugged and left in a coma the only reason he is alive today is because god is a lousy poker player. He knows this was his imagination but it makes it no less real to him.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#73668 Feb 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Show me your evidence, how the universe including the galaxies came into form.
Secondly, explain clearly how non humans evolved to became humans.
Waiting for a sincere answer.
Have you ever heard of google?

Don't worry.

It only hurts for a lifetime.

Level 6

#73669 Feb 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Sir Isaac Newton propounded the law of gravitational force, he believed that there is GOD, so what is the big deal or stupidity?.
Einstein didnít believe there was a god and, guess what, relativity still works. And E=MC^2 proves that no omnipotent god can exist in this universe.

Gravity existed a long time before Newton, a long time before this solar system for that matter.

I donít believe in god yet gravity still exists, you really are pathetic to make such pathetic comparisons

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 1 hr Charles Idemi 537
How would creationists explain... 2 hr DanFromSmithville 340
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... 9 hr nobody 7
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 20 hr Brian_G 13,618
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) Fri Zach 4
Science News (Sep '13) Fri Ricky F 2,936
Genetic entropy Thu Discord 159
More from around the web