Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
John three sixteen

Indian Trail, NC

#73567 Feb 2, 2013
Attention Creationists!
Please go over to the SDA forum Topix.. on the thread entitled "ATHEIST HERE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS" the atheists are very annoying..they(the atheists)have invaded the SDA Christian forum..Come Help with the Debate please! Thanks a million dear Christians!!!!!! God Bless!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#73568 Feb 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You play by your rules I'll play by my rules.
All it takes for you to lose is to point out that you play by your rules.

Trust me, your rules are the wrong rules. Look up the rules of debate.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#73569 Feb 2, 2013
A Genomic Fossil Reveals Key Steps in Hemoglobin Loss by the Antarctic Icefishes
Thomas J. Near*, Sandra K. Parker† and H. William Detrich III†
*Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Yale University
†Department of Biology, Northeastern University
E-mail: iceman@neu.edu.
Accepted July 24, 2006.
Abstract
Antarctic icefishes are the only vertebrates that do not have hemoglobin and erythrocytes in their blood. These startling phenotypes are associated in several icefish species with deletions of juvenile and adult globin loci, which in red-blooded teleosts are typically composed of tightly linked pairs of &#945;- and &#946;-globin genes. It is unknown if the loss of hemoglobin expression in icefishes was the direct result of such deletions or if other mutational events compromised globin chain synthesis prior to globin gene loss. In this study, we show that 15 of the 16 icefish species have lost the adult &#946;-globin gene but retain a truncated &#945;-globin pseudogene. Surprisingly, a phylogenetically derived icefish species, >>>Neopagetopsis ionah, possesses a complete, but nonfunctional, adult &#945;&#946;-globin complex. This cluster contains 2 distinct &#946;-globin pseudogenes whose phylogenetic origins span the entire Antarctic notothenioid radiation, consistent with an origin via introgression.
>>>> Maximum likelihood ancestral state reconstruction supports a scenario of icefish globin gene evolution that involves a single loss of the transcriptionally active adult &#945;&#946;-globin cluster prior to the diversification of the extant species in the clade.
>>>>Through lineage sorting of ancestral polymorphism, 2 types of alleles became fixed in the clade: 1) the &#945;-globin pseudogene of the majority of species and 2) the inactive &#945;&#946;-globin complex of N. ionah. We conclude that the globin pseudogene complex of N. ionah is a “genomic fossil” that reveals key intermediate steps on the pathway to loss of hemoglobin expression by all icefish species.
Key words
hemoglobin loss by icefishes genomic instability genetic introgression interspecific hybridization Channichthyidae Notothenioidei

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#73570 Feb 2, 2013
945 alpha
946 beta

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#73571 Feb 3, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, they're your lies.

Tell 'em how you like.
Clone

Kansas City, MO

#73572 Feb 3, 2013
Tammy wrote:
Creation for sure
Brainwashed for sure.Its bad enought the primitive human animal believes such nonsense. Who made God?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#73573 Feb 3, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong with you?
I can go through these threads and see many people post evidence.
Point two you should tattoo to your arm because maybe then you'll remember it.
There is no proof only evidence.
Can you understand this?
No I guess you can't I've already told you this dozens of times.
Your bible is not evidence, that is your assertion. Where is the actual evidence?

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#73574 Feb 3, 2013
Zackly wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever heard the song "I GO WALKING IN MY SLEEP" by Billy Joell I think his name is?
Nope Ironically how ever I was at a club last night dancing the night away for this Morning I feel like I had a time of LIFE...

Don't ask how I got there,

www.youtube.com/watch...

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#73575 Feb 3, 2013
Benches were created to sit on...

Banks we could piss on them and put everyone out of Bus. tellers machines too to keep track of

When's the smart phone going to beam up their owners is what I wonder about...

LOL

Sorry today your journey your trip is trapped on a computer screen for the rest of your Eternity, the show must go on and linger in your word

The days of Slim pickings they were long gone Today is the day to Remember

Neighbor and how we treat em' that would be a spoken from Script

Pleasem Heathem...

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#73576 Feb 3, 2013
Here's an excellent debate on the BBC between various faiths, denominations and scientists.

The question is: Is it time for all religions to accept evolution. There are a couple of young earth creationinsts, too.

It's long, so save it for when you have some time.

Like a lazy Sunday before the superbowl.

http://youtu.be/tOPJXCDsMLI

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#73577 Feb 3, 2013
Ooooo...

What's with the fancy frames and levels?

Cool.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#73578 Feb 3, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, they're your lies.

Tell 'em how you like.
Why thank you for your permission.

NOT.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#73579 Feb 3, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly Lan, keep up the good works and may the almighty God be with you, amen.

Level 2

Location hidden

#73580 Feb 3, 2013
Tammy wrote:
Creation for sure
Sure!!!

Level 2

Location hidden

#73581 Feb 3, 2013
John three sixteen wrote:
Attention Creationists!
Please go over to the SDA forum Topix.. on the thread entitled "ATHEIST HERE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS" the atheists are very annoying..they(the atheists)have invaded the SDA Christian forum..Come Help with the Debate please! Thanks a million dear Christians!!!!!! God Bless!
Flies always constitute nuisance to our food and environment, but they can never venture hot food and fire. Just keep giving what God wants them to hear. Best regards.

Level 2

Location hidden

#73582 Feb 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
All it takes for you to lose is to point out that you play by your rules.
Trust me, your rules are the wrong rules. Look up the rules of debate.
Irony!
Lame theory in the name of science can never be reality.

Level 2

Location hidden

#73583 Feb 3, 2013
Clone wrote:
<quoted text>Brainwashed for sure.Its bad enought the primitive human animal believes such nonsense. Who made God?
Your name indeed!
You are a brainwashed clone that needs education. Find out the meaning of God, and you will know whether the almighty can be created.

Level 2

Location hidden

#73584 Feb 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bible is not evidence, that is your assertion. Where is the actual evidence?
We don't need shit as evidence. You have no evidence either, but just mere assertions that is subject to wild guessing.
Clone

Kansas City, MO

#73585 Feb 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Your name indeed!
You are a brainwashed clone that needs education. Find out the meaning of God, and you will know whether the almighty can be created.
Easy Charles, its not Rocket science. The meaning of God or why God has meaning or God has meaning, the God of many meanings.....anyway you say it its still has no meaning! Its meaningless, less meaning than any meaning..........brainwashing comes to mind!

Level 2

Location hidden

#73586 Feb 3, 2013
Clone wrote:
<quoted text>Easy Charles, its not Rocket science. The meaning of God or why God has meaning or God has meaning, the God of many meanings.....anyway you say it its still has no meaning! Its meaningless, less meaning than any meaning..........brainwashing comes to mind!
Any one that bears the title God, I am that i am, Elshaddai, Elohim, Nissi, Shalom, Adonai, Tsedkenu, Rapha etc, can never be created, Yahweh is his name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 22 min KAB 137,383
Darwin on the rocks 2 hr TedHOhio 184
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism 4 hr Bluenose 659
Humans DID evolve from apes! 8 hr Daz Ma Taz 3
Why are there no dinosaur pen is fossil? 9 hr John K 3
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 13 hr Dogen 174,462
Bobby Jindal: "I'm Not an Evolutionary Biologist" 15 hr The Dude 14

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE