Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
69,001 - 69,020 of 115,234 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#73376 Jan 31, 2013
God and the angels and mankind are the advanced intelligence.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#73377 Jan 31, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So, my big toe is evidence of dragons, my pinky finger is evidence of leprechauns, and my hair is evidence that your brain is half the size of your skull.
lol...whatever.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#73378 Jan 31, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...whatever.
I based all that on the same quality of evidence you have, so it's as true as your assertion.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#73379 Jan 31, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
... as opposed to the humility of assuming the **entire universe** was made especially for us.
<quoted text>
Yup. Creationists tend to ignore this advice completely however.
assuming the **entire universe** was made especially for us.

and your the one who claims that without evidence that it's invalid.tsk...tsk

Doing a little flip flopping are we....lol

If you can't show no proof of aliens, then it's true until proven otherwise...(by your standards)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#73380 Jan 31, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
God and the angels and mankind are the advanced intelligence.
Nah. Mankind has creationists. Angels fall. And God made creationists. Along with evil talking lizards to trick them into pishing God off.

Sorry. There is no intelligence there.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#73381 Jan 31, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
assuming the **entire universe** was made especially for us.
and your the one who claims that without evidence that it's invalid.tsk...tsk
Doing a little flip flopping are we....lol
If you can't show no proof of aliens, then it's true until proven otherwise...(by your standards)
Not by my standards at all. If you've ever read my posts on the subject of aliens in the past you would already know that there is currently no evidence of extra-terrestrial life. But then the amount of space we've searched probably isn't even equivalent to that of an ant exploring the entire Earth and only travelled 1mm from its nest.

So what we can say is that it is reasonable, given the size of the universe, that if life is here there's no reason why it cannot exist elsewhere in the universe. And both the facts that the universe being so vast and that we've found that organic compounds can and do occur naturally in space helps bolster that case.

The only problem is that the universe could be teeming with life, even advanced civilizations. But we would never find evidence because of the numerous obstacles caused by vast distances.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#73382 Jan 31, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first statement is the last straw that the uneducated and naive people hold. It means you're a failure and you know it.
The rest is nothing but conspiracy nonsense.
Ah another computer nerd who fulfills HER fantasies with computer games. When you step out of your fantasy world and face reality, let me know. Otherwise, I am not playing games with you, puss.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

#73383 Jan 31, 2013
Tinka wrote:
So what would be worse machine turning into Human or vise versa?
Good afternoon Tinka, I hope you are having a nice day.
Holy Ghost

Kansas City, MO

#73385 Jan 31, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
God and the angels and mankind are the advanced intelligence.
FS, who made God? Religion is a learned human behavior. A story in black and white. Humans are simple minded, easily brainwashed and manipulated. Who made God? The human mind did. Those angels are alien outlaws. "Mankind is the advanced intelligence?" Who made God? Mankind is clueless, they read a story so it must be true. Humans are products of their environments, its that simple. Martyrs believe if they strap a bomb to their chest and kill innocent woman and children that by their teachings(bible study)they will be surrounded by virgins in heaven. Go bow your head and pray....don't look up.....alien outlaws are out there..........

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#73386 Jan 31, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Not by my standards at all. If you've ever read my posts on the subject of aliens in the past you would already know that there is currently no evidence of extra-terrestrial life. But then the amount of space we've searched probably isn't even equivalent to that of an ant exploring the entire Earth and only travelled 1mm from its nest.
So what we can say is that it is reasonable, given the size of the universe, that if life is here there's no reason why it cannot exist elsewhere in the universe. And both the facts that the universe being so vast and that we've found that organic compounds can and do occur naturally in space helps bolster that case.
The only problem is that the universe could be teeming with life, even advanced civilizations. But we would never find evidence because of the numerous obstacles caused by vast distances.
You keep saying that distance between galaxies are so vast it's impossible to travel from one to another. Please expand your horizon because only your mentality is one that cannot reach beyond your personal space.

Einstein already came up with wormholes and time travel. There is already the concept of earth energy grid and portals. Open your mind. You said you're open to possibilities but your skepticism proves otherwise.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#73387 Jan 31, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
assuming the **entire universe** was made especially for us.
and your the one who claims that without evidence that it's invalid.tsk...tsk
Doing a little flip flopping are we....lol
If you can't show no proof of aliens, then it's true until proven otherwise...(by your standards)
That is not how evidence works. If it does, then leprechauns, faeries, Zeus, Ra, werewolves, and wraiths are also all real.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#73388 Jan 31, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah another computer nerd who fulfills HER fantasies with computer games. When you step out of your fantasy world and face reality, let me know. Otherwise, I am not playing games with you, puss.
I don't play video games, I actually don't like them, boring. I write server utilities actually, database interfaces for user-end, but mostly server-client communication utility programs. I have no fantasies either, I prefer reality to imagination, because imagination you just make things up, in reality you have a lot to learn about. You don't like doing the work, so you avoid learning and just make things up, that's the real difference between us.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#73389 Jan 31, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying that distance between galaxies are so vast it's impossible to travel from one to another. Please expand your horizon because only your mentality is one that cannot reach beyond your personal space.
Einstein already came up with wormholes and time travel. There is already the concept of earth energy grid and portals. Open your mind. You said you're open to possibilities but your skepticism proves otherwise.
Actually I believe that Einstein implied that a consequence of going faster than the speed of light would result in traveling backwards in time. Of course according to his theory both are not possible.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#73390 Jan 31, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't play video games, I actually don't like them, boring. I write server utilities actually, database interfaces for user-end, but mostly server-client communication utility programs. I have no fantasies either, I prefer reality to imagination, because imagination you just make things up, in reality you have a lot to learn about. You don't like doing the work, so you avoid learning and just make things up, that's the real difference between us.
Now you are just lying to your teeth. Didn't you mention all those role-playing video games that you play? I don't remember the games but you mentioned quite a lot. What makes you think I avoid learning? I'm enrolled in an online undergraduate program. But you're right, I don't like boring jobs but I will always find time to learn something new. I don't make things up, I simply am a thinking machine. I'm becoming less human now. lol

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#73391 Jan 31, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I believe that Einstein implied that a consequence of going faster than the speed of light would result in traveling backwards in time. Of course according to his theory both are not possible.
Maybe mentally it's possible.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#73392 Jan 31, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple. Just provide objectively verifiable scientific evidence. This should be the easiest thing in the world if the evidence is so "obvious".
Every time I've asked though you always tell me about what humans are building instead.(shrug)
You can deny the obvious all you want...but when you copy processes that are more advanced than your own, you are acknowledging in action, what you deny in words.
Science in their actions, proves beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the processes taking place in the Universe are more intelligent processes than their own, by incorporating the very same processes to advance technology.

"the proof is in the puddin'"

End of story.


“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#73393 Jan 31, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You can deny the obvious all you want...but when you copy processes that are more advanced than your own, you are acknowledging in action, what you deny in words.
Science in their actions, proves beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the processes taking place in the Universe are more intelligent processes than their own, by incorporating the very same processes to advance technology.
"the proof is in the puddin'"
End of story.
talk about reverse engineering

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#73394 Jan 31, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are just lying to your teeth. Didn't you mention all those role-playing video games that you play? I don't remember the games but you mentioned quite a lot. What makes you think I avoid learning? I'm enrolled in an online undergraduate program. But you're right, I don't like boring jobs but I will always find time to learn something new. I don't make things up, I simply am a thinking machine. I'm becoming less human now. lol
You didn't tense your words correctly, "playED" ... as in I use to play. You don't think, you make things up, and then run with those. Like your conspiracy nuttery, your existential delusions, and your "god."

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#73395 Jan 31, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You can deny the obvious all you want...but when you copy processes that are more advanced than your own, you are acknowledging in action, what you deny in words.
Science in their actions, proves beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the processes taking place in the Universe are more intelligent processes than their own, by incorporating the very same processes to advance technology.
"the proof is in the puddin'"
End of story.
If it's so obvious, why can't you produce any actual evidence?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#73396 Jan 31, 2013
Holy Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>FS, who made God? Religion is a learned human behavior. A story in black and white. Humans are simple minded, easily brainwashed and manipulated. Who made God? The human mind did. Those angels are alien outlaws. "Mankind is the advanced intelligence?" Who made God? Mankind is clueless, they read a story so it must be true. Humans are products of their environments, its that simple. Martyrs believe if they strap a bomb to their chest and kill innocent woman and children that by their teachings(bible study)they will be surrounded by virgins in heaven. Go bow your head and pray....don't look up.....alien outlaws are out there..........
HG how did life start?
HG What was there before the Big Bang?
HG What is dark energy?
HG How can a singularity expand?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 3 min Dogen 136,264
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 17 min Dogen 172,518
Evolution Theory Facing Crisis 2 hr Infinite Force 204
Genetic 'Adam' and 'Eve' Uncovered - live science (Sep '13) 13 hr TurkanaBoy 315
Science News (Sep '13) Thu positronium 2,848
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism Aug 27 Zog Has-fallen 343
Natural Selection Not The Only Process That Dri... (Jan '14) Aug 25 reMAAT 20
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••