Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,431)

Showing posts 68,601 - 68,620 of106,255
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Try to find some better sources. The claim of one Archaeologist does not mean they found David's Palace. From an article on finding the palace:

[quote]Other scholars are skeptical that the foundation walls discovered by the archaeologist, Eilat Mazar, are David's palace. But they acknowledge that what she has uncovered is rare and important: a major public building from around the 10th century B.C.,[/quote]

So they may have found David's Palace. I won't go into the flaws on the Historicity of Jesus, who probably was a real person. But that does not mean he did any miracles at all.
"Historicity of numerous kings mentioned in the Bible

Only fifty years ago many disbelieving scholars totally rejected the historical accuracy of the Bible because they claimed that the Scriptures talked about numerous kings and individuals that could not be confirmed from any other historical or archeological records. Recent discoveries have proven these critics wrong. Discoveries have been found referring to King David, Solomon, Uzziah, Hezekiah and many others.

Recent archeological investigations have demolished the position of those who rejected the biblical account of Israel's kings such as King David. In 1993, archeologists digging at Tel Dan in the Galilee in northern Israel found a fragment of a stone inscription that clearly refers to the "house of David" and identifies David as the "king of Israel." This is the first inscription outside the Bible that confirms the Bible's statement that David was the king of Israel in the ninth century before Christ.

A stone inscription from Egypt confirms that Israel was established as a nation in Canaan centuries before the reign of King David, just as the Bible claims. The Merneptah Stela is a seven-and-a-half-foot-high stone inscription discovered in the temple of Pharaoh Merneptah at Thebes in Egypt. Scholars determined that Pharaoh Merneptah ruled Egypt from 1213 to 1203 B.C. and confirmed that he launched an invasion into the area of the modern-day West Bank in Canaan, defeating the Jewish inhabitants of the land. The second line from the bottom of this inscriptions boasts, "Israel is laid waste; his seed is not."

http://www.seeking4truth.com/historical_accur...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>As long as we are all humans, we are like pencils in the hands of the creator.
In which case my skepticism is exactly what He wants. Don't fight it.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
They're cvaqlled mutations MORON...it's why we HUMANS look different..why we ALL have DIFFERENT genetics...keep flapping your arms...YAHWEH is still a myth...always has been...always will be...like ALL Of them...just becuase you fail miserably at looking outside your VERY SMALL world, makes not one bit of difference...nobody carse that you are the petualant "I don't believe it" guy makes not ONE person sway toward your UNORIGINAL foot-stomping...68K+ postsin this forum and you fundiots still haven't gone betond "...my bible says..." Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...when you have even modernized to a 10th century argument you'll let us know...though science will keep CURING your illness, allowing electricity to flow...printing your bibles, etc, etc...dogmatic religious thinking is herd-mentality at its best...when ya gonna slay some neighboring villagers who don't believe like you? I'll warn the cops another deranged religious lunatic is on the prowl...but, don't fret, lots of SAVED folks in prison..ROFLMAO...you'll fit in nicely: stupid, loud-mouthed, substanceless and VERY UNEDUCATED...ALL lifeforms have DNA...mutations are the engine...try reading about it...for ONCE in your life be an HONEST Xian and READ like so many of your fellow, normal, science-LOVING brethren...or are you just another Fred Phelps?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutations
Go through your own shit you call a post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>No Jews were ever found in Egypt.
Funny I know some Jewish people that lived in Egypt for awhile. They would tend to disagree with you.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Clueless!
So, you are saying they just sprang up on their own?
This is one of the lies of the 21st century that have hitted the Guinness record.
Yes, particle/anti-particle pairs sprang up on their own. This has been scientifically observed. It's what that whole CERN thing is all about. Pretty elaborate (and expensive) "lie", ain't it? Boy I tell ya, that evil worldwide atheist Darwinist conspiracy will stop at nothing!!!

Don't see why it's such a big deal for fundies, since their idea of God itself is also an uncaused cause. You should be welcoming it with open arms, but instead you act like it's the anti-Christ.(shrug)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, the irony.
Is your irony meter still holding up or did it go boom?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Dodge!
Mr. Dodgie. Lol
It's not a dodge. There is simply no evidence for any preceding events. I cannot provide you with a negative.

You on the other hand are making a POSITIVE claim. Therefore you can describe the scientific mechanisms that "God" used to cause said phenomena and the scientific evidence for them.

I imagine you will find this twice as difficult as usual, since you don't even have a clue what the heck I'm talking about anyway.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't! There could be more life out there nothing in the Bible refutes this.
Or anything else for that matter.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever considered "dude-anetics" and living on a boat for a few years to avoid taxes?? Where are the future Travoltas and Cruises going to turn to without your help???????
Well I thought about it, then I thought I couldn't be bothered.(shrug)

http://www.worldsstrangest.com/wp-content/plu...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Liar!
You can not challenge Socci's post.
Read through what i said about Pliny the elder and the younger.
I did.

People who simply disagree with the Almighty Chuck don't have to be liars.

But you're like, welcome to your opinion, man.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Better reread your history.
Is David? No.
Yeah, there's evidence of a King of the House of David. That doesn't necessarily mean your David definitely existed.

And it certainly isn't evidence of invisible Jewmagic, any more than the existence of London proves Sherlock Holmes solved the curious case of the Hound of the Baskervilles.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter. The Egyptians still got you beat.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your irony meter still holding up or did it go boom?
You kidding? You fundies cost me a fortune in irony meters.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>it wasn't the un's to dispose of btw........and the brits were fed up..........
The U.N. drew up the new border lines for Europe and the Middle East after the war. If you don't like it, take it up with them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Quantum physics.
The laws of the atom are different from what Einstein predicts, UA astronomer Don McCarthy said. Einstein’s theory does well in explaining the universe as a whole, but it doesn’t do well at the smallest scale of an atom

Here's the problem: our understanding of the universe is based on two separate theories. One is Einstein's general theory of relativity—that's a way of understanding the biggest things in the universe, things like stars and galaxies. But the littlest things in the universe, atoms and subatomic particles, play by an entirely different set of rules called, "quantum Mechanics"

Take the beginning of the universe, the "big bang." At that instant a tiny nugget erupted violently. Over the next 14 billion years the universe expanded and cooled into the stars, galaxies and planets we see today. But if we run the cosmic film in reverse, everything that's now rushing apart comes back together, so the universe gets smaller, hotter and denser as we head back to the beginning of time.

As we reach the big bang, when the universe was both enormously heavy and incredibly tiny, our projector jams. Our two laws of physics, when combined, break down.

S. JAMES GATES, JR.: The laws of nature are supposed to apply everywhere. So if Einstein's laws are supposed to apply everywhere, and the laws of quantum mechanics are supposed to apply everywhere, well you can't have two separate every where's.

In the years since, physics split into two separate camps: one that uses general relativity to study big and heavy objects, things like stars, galaxies and the universe as a whole...
..and another that uses quantum mechanics to study the tiniest of objects, like atoms and particles. This has been kind of like having two families that just cannot get along and never talk to each other...
There just seemed to be no way to combine quantum mechanics...
...and general relativity in a single theory that could describe the universe on all scales.

"Einstein’s theory says that when energy increases, so does mass, leading to the equation E=mc^2. But depending on whether the atom is in flat or curved space, its mass might be different, and the equation might not hold up."

Classical mechanics is unable to explain phenomena like superfluidity, superconductivity, ferromagnetism, Bose-Einstein condensation etc. Similarly quantum mechanics is incompatible with general relativity.Other problem areas of this theory are some Interpretation ambiguities of mathematical structure .These are role of measurement, determinism vs probabilty, transition from microscopic quantum mechanical to macroscopic quantum be­haviour (Schrodinger’¨ s cat,“dead and alive”), Entanglement and hidden-variable, Bohr’s (& Born’s) Copenhagen Interpretation vs.“many-worlds-theory. all these has been explained in this note.

Prof. Vladan Vuletic,8.04 Quantum Physics I, Massachusetts Institute of Technology: MIT OpenCourseWare), http://ocw.mit.edu (Accessed Sept 16th,2011). License: Creative Commons BY-NC-SA: http://ocw.mit.edu/terms/#cc
String Theory Now on Life Support
Posted by Tom Hartsfield at Tue, 13 Nov 2012 17:06:32
There are plenty of reasons not to like string theory. Philosophical and logical arguments against the theory have long been apparent. Strong scientific evidence is increasingly joining them. The discovery of the Higgs boson exactly where the Standard Model says it should be last summer at the LHC was a first blow. Now, more evidence is coming in.

This week, LHCb (LHC-B), one of the many huge experiments along the LHC ring, reported a major result. The result itself is very technical, but its implications are general: big trouble for physics theories that involve supersymmetry (SUSY), string theory and many similar theories included. If SUSY is discarded, string theory goes right out with it.

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Only fifty years ago many disbelieving scholars totally rejected the historical accuracy of the Bible because they claimed that the Scriptures talked about numerous kings and individuals that could not be confirmed from any other historical or archeological records. Recent discoveries have proven these critics wrong. Discoveries have been found referring to King David, Solomon, Uzziah, Hezekiah and many others.
Recent archeological investigations have demolished the position of those who rejected the biblical account of Israel's kings such as King David. In 1993, archeologists digging at Tel Dan in the Galilee in northern Israel found a fragment of a stone inscription that clearly refers to the "house of David" and identifies David as the "king of Israel." This is the first inscription outside the Bible that confirms the Bible's statement that David was the king of Israel in the ninth century before Christ.
A stone inscription from Egypt confirms that Israel was established as a nation in Canaan centuries before the reign of King David, just as the Bible claims. The Merneptah Stela is a seven-and-a-half-foot-high stone inscription discovered in the temple of Pharaoh Merneptah at Thebes in Egypt. Scholars determined that Pharaoh Merneptah ruled Egypt from 1213 to 1203 B.C. and confirmed that he launched an invasion into the area of the modern-day West Bank in Canaan, defeating the Jewish inhabitants of the land. The second line from the bottom of this inscriptions boasts, "Israel is laid waste; his seed is not."
http://www.seeking4truth.com/historical_accur...
I don't think anyone would deny that there is some historical basis to the bible, after all most good stories are based on or set in a historical context, even in the present tense, however that does not make all of the bible true anymore than a pressrelaease from the Iraq foreign minister tomorrow might be based on the events of today yet still be full of political bias. The bible is not a "neutral" historical document, it is a statement of faith, about as reliable as a Rush Limbaugh quote taken without very serious context explanations, the question of "god" is not answered by simply stating that someone said it is so.........it's that simple, and indeed, that complicated.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>You know diddly.

Langoliers wrote, "How about YEC?"

Makes no diff.(shrug)
Maybe under a different name, Diddly doesn't ring a bell.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>No, that would be the FSM.
No, that would be GOD.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Zero, thank you for proving that your Jesus is a myth.
You apparently are willing to take anything as proof, no wonder you're so screwed up.

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I thought about it, then I thought I couldn't be bothered.(shrug)
http://www.worldsstrangest.com/wp-content/plu...
Can'tbebotheredism.........it' s a tough sell but I know this guy who knows a girl who met the fella who once saw the messiah on a piece of toast in a huddersfield diner?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,601 - 68,620 of106,255
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••