Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#72736 Jan 27, 2013
What many skeptics don't want to accept is that the mind can do so many things. If we all take out that skeptic radar we could be more advanced and be able to manipulate everything with our own minds and perhaps things or life on other planets. But no, they dismiss this stuff as pseudo-science. Whatever.
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

#72737 Jan 27, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
It would take a God to know what created God. As humans we can only understand how it's like to be humans and what we are capable of. So we don't have to worry about something beyond our comprehension.
So, from what you are saying, if a human, any human is face to face with an advanced alien being they would just smile and stick out their hand and say. "Greetings". Please, Cybele most humans are scared of the dark. You know the average human would be scared out of their already feeble mind. The first thing a human would do if confronted with that situation would be to totally block it from their scared little gray matter, then they wouldn't tell a soul. And, there lies the human factor. No problem learning about a God that's totally fiction. Say the word, "Advanced Alien" and only the brightest, smartest and truly intelligent individuals ears perk up and cant wait to make contact with the earths true designers. Its funny, the Bible first statement, "And God created the heavens and the earth" must be true if its in the Bible..........whatever!We don't know whats worse. That so many humans believe a story or that there are to many galaxies to comprehend....there's that word Cybele.

Level 5

above and beyond

#72738 Jan 27, 2013
Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>So, from what you are saying, if a human, any human is face to face with an advanced alien being they would just smile and stick out their hand and say. "Greetings". Please, Cybele most humans are scared of the dark. You know the average human would be scared out of their already feeble mind. The first thing a human would do if confronted with that situation would be to totally block it from their scared little gray matter, then they wouldn't tell a soul. And, there lies the human factor. No problem learning about a God that's totally fiction. Say the word, "Advanced Alien" and only the brightest, smartest and truly intelligent individuals ears perk up and cant wait to make contact with the earths true designers. Its funny, the Bible first statement, "And God created the heavens and the earth" must be true if its in the Bible..........whatever!We don't know whats worse. That so many humans believe a story or that there are to many galaxies to comprehend....there's that word Cybele.
I would be scared if I'm confronted by an alien. It's bad enough that I had a dream about them. lol. We are not products of just one God. I believe there are beings from different dimensions whether they take the form of spirits, angels, or aliens. They're all at work here.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#72739 Jan 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are again wrong.
Has archaeology verified the characters in Harry Porter's book? No!
Are there places people thought never existed been verified in Harry Porter? No!
Chuckles, we don't need archaeology. It is fairly easy to see that London exists. If you want to I am sure that you could hire an archaeologist and he would verify that London is a real place for you too.

Do you not realize that you made a huge logical fail in your claim?

Or is logic as difficult as English is for you?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#72740 Jan 27, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know jack then do you?
Yeah, I know Jack, he's a pretty good guy. We like to go fishing together.

I know quite a bit about the Bible too.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#72741 Jan 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So conclusively, that does not say too much for your evidence.
Most biblical characters according to archaeology existed in true life bearing that same name unlike Spider man and Harry Porter. Liar!
You lost again.
Wrong, at best archaeology has identified a few possible places. Actual characters in the Bible are not well identified.

In fact if you want to rely on archaeologists then you don't believe even the book of Exodus. Archaeologists swear that if on the order of 1 to 2 million people were wandering the desert for forty years they would have found evidence of them.

You just shot yourself in both feet with this last post. I guess that evens out the limping.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#72742 Jan 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Many places in Harry Potter have been confirmed to be real too. England, London, even certain railroad depots. Just because a few places in the Bible can be shown to have existed does very little to give the book any credence.
Spiderman is real too according to the standards you have just given.
That does not say too much for your evidence.
Another of Chucky’s arguments is that the Bible mentions actual historic people.
Chimney1 saw Obama’s picture in a Spiderman comic book and asked Chucky if Spiderman is an actual person.
Chucky never answered.

There seems to be little doubt that Michael Jackson, Barbra Streisand, Jennifer Lopez, Kanye West, Paris Hilton, Tom Cruise, Britney Spears, Billy Mays, Charles Manson, and Sally Struthers are real people. All of these celebrities have appeared in South Park episodes. Furthermore, South Park is an actual place. I asked Chucky if the South Park series is also true, but he never answered.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#72743 Jan 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuckles, we don't need archaeology. It is fairly easy to see that London exists. If you want to I am sure that you could hire an archaeologist and he would verify that London is a real place for you too.
You did not read what i wrote. You really do lack comprehension in English.
Majority of the biblical characters have been archaeologically verified unlike Harry Porter and Spider man( fiction).

Level 2

Location hidden

#72744 Jan 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Lastly, if not for archaeology some of the places people thought never existed, mentioned by the bible have been archaeologically verified.
London is a real place, just like Bethlehem, but the characters for Harry Porter are fictitious.

Level 5

above and beyond

#72745 Jan 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
We should not worry what Charles believes and don't understand. If he were a vicious person who follows the teachings of the bible, that's something to watch out for. It's people like him who needs to follow the bible and not someone ill-minded who will use it as a weapon against his enemies.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#72746 Jan 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> My eyes, brain, reasoning and what have you.
The universe, galaxies and the constellations are some of the sure evidence of a creator, because some one must have put them there...
Oh, that again.

"I dunno."

"That proves Goddidit."

Hell of an argument there, son.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#72747 Jan 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lastly, if not for archaeology some of the places people thought never existed, mentioned by the bible have been archaeologically verified.
London is a real place, just like Bethlehem, but the characters for Harry Porter are fictitious.
There are a number of very essential personages who are not attested to anywhere outside of the Bible. Times...they are a' changin'

Level 2

Location hidden

#72749 Jan 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, at best archaeology has identified a few possible places. Actual characters in the Bible are not well identified.
In fact if you want to rely on archaeologists then you don't believe even the book of Exodus. Archaeologists swear that if on the order of 1 to 2 million people were wandering the desert for forty years they would have found evidence of them.
You just shot yourself in both feet with this last post. I guess that evens out the limping.
Liar!
The bible has about 66 books, if there is no discoveries yet for exodus, it does not mean that the bible is false.
Other books of the bible have been archaeologically verified, just accept your error.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#72750 Jan 27, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Tinka...I hope you are doing well
Hey just reading the posts and I was thinking that even people sharing the same dna they all tend to be somewhat different and then out of the circle of ancestry we can find much that keeps our intellect functioning...

Well at least once upon a time, what makes some things seem to be less (evolved)?

Is it lack of things a loss I have my ideas but why even bother if that which doesn't understand it anyway because many things are that learned through experience and well while while it is time the process is personal...

How much of what we are going through will actually mean something...

What I mean is when you have to read a paper for a test or some study you go over it and over it hopefully you have given yourself some time, because during I have found it is good to let it sit for a bit and then go back to it to see what stuck and then the read through from that point many times seems much clearer...

Haste an emotion or something else?

Man honest I don't know what I will decide on how to get through the homeless phase in my time having been that I have yet still to figure out how to really put it all down somehow for my own self...

Level 2

Location hidden

#72751 Jan 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of many?
What do you mean?
Most of the old and new testament's characters have been archaeologically verified. Just learn to admit your weakness.

Level 2

Location hidden

#72752 Jan 27, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Another of Chucky’s arguments is that the Bible mentions actual historic people.
Chimney1 saw Obama’s picture in a Spiderman comic book and asked Chucky if Spiderman is an actual person.
Chucky never answered.
There seems to be little doubt that Michael Jackson, Barbra Streisand, Jennifer Lopez, Kanye West, Paris Hilton, Tom Cruise, Britney Spears, Billy Mays, Charles Manson, and Sally Struthers are real people. All of these celebrities have appeared in South Park episodes. Furthermore, South Park is an actual place. I asked Chucky if the South Park series is also true, but he never answered.
Whether you like it or not, the bible is not fiction. Try another road.
Those characters of the bible are real, and they wrote about their histories and the past.

Level 6

in a city...

#72753 Jan 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Whether you like it or not, the bible is not fiction. Try another road.
Those characters of the bible are real, and they wrote about their histories and the past.
Isn't that what History stands for the Past? Historics?

Definition of HISTORIC

: historical: as
a : famous or important in history <historic battlefields>
b : having great and lasting importance <a historic occasion>
c : known or established in the past <historic interest rates>
d : dating from or preserved from a past time or culture <historic buildings> <historic artifacts>
See historic defined for English-language learners »
See historic defined for kids »
Examples of HISTORIC

It's wonderful to see so many people here on this historic occasion.
She returned safely from her historic flight into space.
The court made a historic decision last week.
They know of many historic volcanic eruptions in the area.
the historic importance of the river
First Known Use of HISTORIC

Related to HISTORIC

Synonyms: big, consequential, earthshaking, earth-shattering, eventful, important, major, material, meaningful, momentous, monumental, much, significant, substantial, tectonic, weighty
Antonyms: inconsequential, inconsiderable, insignificant, little, minor, negligible, slight, small, trifling, trivial, unimportant

Level 6

in a city...

#72754 Jan 27, 2013
I can't wait to read our new est version of the Bible...

I may have to write one all by my lonesome too Time of Emo...or something like that...

Maybe there will be one, Out of History or Out of Culture...because of it having been out...

Wonder if with it will there be a new kind of Religion as well?

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#72755 Jan 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Out of many?
What do you mean?
Most of the old and new testament's characters have been archaeologically verified. Just learn to admit your weakness.
Even Jesus is not archaeologically verified!

Is David? No.
Solomon? No.
Saul? No.
Moses?
Joseph?

Even archaeeological evidence of places is not proof of the existence of these characters.

Some of them, or something like some of them, probably lived.

And when we go back further in time...through Moses, and then back to the mythical pre-Israelite times of supposed Abraham, Noah, or Methuselah, or Adam... then its pure myth as far as any relation to archaeological facts or fact of ANY kind can be gleaned. Its about as reliable as the Iliad of Homer.

According to you, the fact that Troy was found to exist proves that Achilles really was the son of the river goddess Thetis.
socci

Lawson, MO

#72756 Jan 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:

The archaeology for the Exodus was already posted on p 1.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 1 hr MikeF 546
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 4 hr Brian_G 13,622
How would creationists explain... 5 hr Chimney1 343
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... 20 hr nobody 7
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) Fri Zach 4
Science News (Sep '13) Fri Ricky F 2,936
Genetic entropy Thu Discord 159
More from around the web