Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,389)

Showing posts 67,761 - 67,780 of112,030
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
See, this is exactly what we're talking about. You can't claim to know anything about the Brits if you don't even know anything about Monty Python!
Sheesh!
:-/
Who cares. Welsh, Scottish etc.
I only care about the universal language of communication, English language.
Ponty python is not my headache. My stand is on the English language, the English people and the general Brits who are already influenced by the English people.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure we do.
You've never even addressed it since this thread started.
Sure, we're well aware of your opinion on the matter, but we don't care.(shrug)
Likewise.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't. I deny that it is more popular than the other religions.
You are eating your word, you liar...

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the evolutionist ones?
Explain vividly?
Go straight to the point.

“Somewhere in time...”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
here's what I wrote a few years ago...
Paradox
Life is a paradox.
Was it creation
Was it evolution
that started all there is?
Knowledge is death of faith
to soul-less disparate minds
meandering through lifeís journey
without much certainty.
When all is faced
with the last breath,
God ainít dead
to put them
out of fire and brimstone.
Life is a paradox...
and I have to deal
with the unknown.
"Knowledge is death of faith
to soul-less disparate minds"

Truly there is no paradox in realty, but only in the human mind.

There a argument that if one really did know "Truth" would they know it? One cannot rationalize Truth, because there will always be the possibility of being wrong(doubt). So the only way that Truth can be found is through faith.

“serious about music , love rap”

Since: Oct 12

Huntsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Dunno any of 'em. Did a quick look up of Skillet and it didn't sound bad. I was thinking something a little more on these lines:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
That's traditional gospel or church music. I couldn't be sure but sounded like a hymn, but it wasn't bad personally not my flavor of music, I like rap and Christian type of music, except anything like heavy metal or screamo, because I like to keep my standards straight. Now I still like eminem but his lyrics hold just some nasty stuff, if you see what I'm saying

“serious about music , love rap”

Since: Oct 12

Huntsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Here in murica wrote:
Many people claim to be Christian but very few practice any form of it. When asked they will say they are a Christian. Yet very few can tell you very much about the teachings of Christ. Of course here in America we have a view of ourselves that is pretty hubris filled. We see ourselves as skinny and smart. If only it were true.
I'm 16 I can tell you what I've learned. If you want to know what the young people of my generation are doing.

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Here in murica wrote:
Many people claim to be Christian but very few practice any form of it. When asked they will say they are a Christian. Yet very few can tell you very much about the teachings of Christ. Of course here in America we have a view of ourselves that is pretty hubris filled. We see ourselves as skinny and smart. If only it were true.
"For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light"

There is only one requirement to being a Christian...and that is one of faith.

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>You are the ignorant, dude.
Christianity do have sects but these sects don't worship a different God.
Christians focus is on God and Jesus christ.
If you look at Science, and compare it to a religious hierarchy, it's structure is pretty much the same, right down to sects....such as Dianetics: The Church of Scientology.
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Au contraire! They are educated, but in different things. "Things" have substance and make all the difference in the real world. Aesthetics are strictly the product of the particular world YOU live in.
Even Charles would make sense in an anarchistic world where people want order. After all, there can only be one king of the hill. His way is the way of the trinity, or as we in the U.S. might call it, a Mexican Standoff. He just doesn't realize it for what it is, and that's the beauty of it. Sooner or later, the ignorant get a piece of you. Even if you were one of the metaphorical gunslingers, you are always vulnerable to the up and coming because you can't keep your focus on that whole pointless pursuit of power.
So the question is, when you're "playing the game" how will that game invariably shape you? As Friedrich Nietzsche said, "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."
Now, I COULD assume moral inversion on your part. We're coming close to the Depression era attitude where mobsters and rogue gunmen were made into heroes for defying the Revenuers, but those things pass and usually in a messy way. Moral inversion is anarchistic. No sane person really wants to be evil.
Just accept that the "Alexander the Great" fantasy you had as a kid isn't going to happen, and when you think about the cost, you're probably better off for it. You can't win this debate. You can only survive and adapt.
I don't believe people want to be evil,its just that humans are primarily evil in their nature, its what we are.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look at Science, and compare it to a religious hierarchy, it's structure is pretty much the same, right down to sects....such as Dianetics: The Church of Scientology.
Scientology has absolutely nothing to do with science. It's a cult started by a loony science fiction writer.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
You are a fundamentalist for Darwin. Lol
It's nice of you to offer to serve as The Dude's spokesman,
but I don't recall The Dude ever saying that Darwin had the last word.

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientology has absolutely nothing to do with science. It's a cult started by a loony science fiction writer.
I disagree...

It's methods are souly based on Science, and scientific concepts.

Dianetics Video: An Introduction to Dianetics

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Science falters as a religion, because it is godless, soulless, nihilistic and self serving.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree...
It's methods are souly based on Science, and scientific concepts.
Dianetics Video: An Introduction to Dianetics
It is not.

If you think otherwise, your either know very little about them or you're already a member of the cult.

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You even have the scientific missionaries here, trying to win converts....LOL

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

xxxooxxx , have you heard the story of Xenu?
According to the founder of Scientology, Xenu was the emperor of 76 planets in 26 solar systems 75 million years ago.
His empire became overpopulated, so he pulled a sneaky trick.
He declared a census in which his citizens got injected with a knock-out drug.
He brought his comatose victims to our planet in space ships and lined them up around the mouths of volcanoes.
He had hydrogen bombs dropped in those volcanoes which created eruptions which killed those citizens.
When the souls of those citizens ascended in the air, he had their souls captured and subjected to a three-dimensional movie.
In this three-dimensional movie, they were indoctrinated with Christianity, Communism, and various other doctrines of which L. Ron Hubbard disapproved.
Those of us living on Earth today are reincarnations of those hapless citizens.
Xenu is still living today, but his henchmen staged a mutiny and chained him up.
He still chained up on another planet today.

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not.
If you think otherwise, your either know very little about them or you're already a member of the cult.
so you disagree with my statement that...

"It's methods are souly based on Science, and scientific concepts"

It's a Science cult...admit it.

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Thomas Robertson wrote:
xxxooxxx , have you heard the story of Xenu?
According to the founder of Scientology, Xenu was the emperor of 76 planets in 26 solar systems 75 million years ago.
His empire became overpopulated, so he pulled a sneaky trick.
He declared a census in which his citizens got injected with a knock-out drug.
He brought his comatose victims to our planet in space ships and lined them up around the mouths of volcanoes.
He had hydrogen bombs dropped in those volcanoes which created eruptions which killed those citizens.
When the souls of those citizens ascended in the air, he had their souls captured and subjected to a three-dimensional movie.
In this three-dimensional movie, they were indoctrinated with Christianity, Communism, and various other doctrines of which L. Ron Hubbard disapproved.
Those of us living on Earth today are reincarnations of those hapless citizens.
Xenu is still living today, but his henchmen staged a mutiny and chained him up.
He still chained up on another planet today.
Like a said...it's a Science cult.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
so you disagree with my statement that...
"It's methods are souly based on Science, and scientific concepts"
It's a Science cult...admit it.
It is not. Read Thomas' post. They're loonies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 67,761 - 67,780 of112,030
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••