Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72062 Jan 24, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
"For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light"
There is only one requirement to being a Christian...and that is one of faith.
Oh, I thought it was just agreeing with Charles as if his words were gospel.

;-p
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72063 Jan 24, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look at Science, and compare it to a religious hierarchy, it's structure is pretty much the same, right down to sects....such as Dianetics: The Church of Scientology.
Um, scientology has nothing to do with science. It ain't the fault of science that there are cranks out there who take sciencey-sounding words and pretend it proves their particular brand of BS. This includes creationism, new-age "quantum" woo, and scientology.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72064 Jan 24, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe people want to be evil,its just that humans are primarily evil in their nature, its what we are.
You can't help it. Fundies are brought up that way.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72065 Jan 24, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nice of you to offer to serve as The Dude's spokesman,
but I don't recall The Dude ever saying that Darwin had the last word.
That's the last thing Darwin had. Which is why evolution has evolved since his day. I don't worry about Chuck though, he's barely capable of speaking, much less speaking for anyone else. But if he thinks he can speak for God Almighty, he sure ain't gonna worry about trying it with me. Or anyone else for that matter.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72066 Jan 24, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree...
It's methods are souly based on Science, and scientific concepts.
Dianetics Video: An Introduction to Dianetics
Hoo boy...

Did they find Xenu yet?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72067 Jan 24, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
Science falters as a religion, because it is godless, soulless, nihilistic and self serving.
Science is merely a tool for understanding the universe. It's not meant to be used as a religion. But if you really hate science that much then stop using your computer, forgo all medical care, leave your house, go live in a cave and go hunting for your own chickens.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72068 Jan 24, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You even have the scientific missionaries here, trying to win converts....LOL
Actually I don't recall many scientologists on here now that you mention it.

:-/
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72069 Jan 24, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
so you disagree with my statement that...
"It's methods are souly based on Science, and scientific concepts"
It's a Science cult...admit it.
Nah, we just call them cults. You could easily call them a "driving cult" instead just because many of them drive cars. But that doesn't make car manufacturers and drivers all part of the same cult.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#72070 Jan 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians who accept evolution. Bear in mind that evolution is generally accepted in the UK. There are some private religious schools (around 50 or so) that teach religious fundamentalism instead, of course they are in the minority. Ergo, since if the UK is mostly Christian as you claim, most of those Christians accept evolution.
In fact the only countries that don't tend to be third world, or in or close the Middle East where your fellow fundie Muslim pals live. Or America, who prefer outsourcing their scientists from other countries.(evil grin)
Those Christianity may have supported evolution but never above their faith.
Evolution means change, transition or metamorphosis, etc.
Christians do believe in changes or metamorphosis, but not changes from non human to human form...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72071 Jan 24, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
"And probably" ?...subjective argument with no proof...dismissed.
But you accept his claims without evidence? Interesting. All I did was point out a valid reason for doubt. It's even possible that *some* of the quotes *may* be correct. But since everyone's religious opinions are utterly irrelevant anyway I didn't worry about investigating it further. It's not like his post supports his position, it was merely argumentum ad populum.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72072 Jan 24, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Oh!
He said so in that little head of yours...
Python humour is above you.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72073 Jan 24, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Those Christianity may have supported evolution but never above their faith.
Evolution means change, transition or metamorphosis, etc.
Christians do believe in changes or metamorphosis, but not changes from non human to human form...
Actually yes, they accept the theory of evolution as the theory of evolution is described. Which means common ancestry. So like I said, either the UK (in your narrow little mind) is either mostly non-Christian, or most Christians in the UK accept evolution precisely the way that you don't like them to. And your dishonest attempt to ignore that means diddly squat.(shrug)

Same with your belief that you have the ability to judge all Christians like God can. You are after all just another uneducated fundie with an ego that contributes to the Earth's axial tilt.

“serious about music , love rap”

Since: Oct 12

Huntsville

#72074 Jan 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>It was the only one I could find at short notice, I've had homework to do. I intended to find something with a just a little more "umph", but still along those lines.

RappinRollerCoaster wrote, "Now I still like eminem but his lyrics hold just some nasty stuff, if you see what I'm saying "

From what I've heard. He was depressing as hell until his songs lightened up a bit.
He well he had a horrible life and career until he was found by dr dre I think, then he took off but got into drugs and all of that his songs were crude and he disappeared only to reappear in a concert renewed and refreshed then his song became much better in my point of view.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#72075 Jan 24, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe people want to be evil,its just that humans are primarily evil in their nature, its what we are.
I believe you've been schooled to hate yourself. There are times where I think human beings have less of a natural moral compass than animals though.

I prefer to work on the assumption that the only thing for sure is that you only have one life to live. You can believe in reincarnation, but that doesn't mean you can take your memories with you, so what purpose would it serve? You can believe in an afterlife, but you have no idea as to what it would be like. The only thing you can even begin to believe in for a reason, is the golden rule ....unless you're ready to be a predator against your own species.

That is why this thread should even have something to offer to zealous creationists.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#72076 Jan 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice. But this thread is about evolution and creationism. If you wanna say one of 'em is more educated than me about car mechanics, great. But it's completely irrelevant.
<quoted text>
Well when I'm about to fly a plane into a building I'll let you know.
<quoted text>
Ah, but fundamentalism is insane. It's bred by ignorance. Hence people exist who fly planes into buildings and strap bombs to their chests because they were indoctrinated with stupid since birth.
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? The debate was won decades ago. If you're referring to this thread in particular, the debate was won very early on. The vast majority of the fundies on this thread were not here when it started. And they probably won't be next year. But ignorance always comes back. And there will be people around to correct their assertions. You make it sound like I expect some kind of resolution whereby the evolutionists finally convince the fundies their ancient superstitions were unsupported, the thread ended and we rode off into the sunset after saving the world or something. If I ever thought that way I would have been disappointed many years ago.
You're parsing. I'll assume that you're working on a logical theme for now, but if it gets political, I'm cutting you off!:)

The debate was won, if you embrace the logic of science. If you're just here to metaphorically stick pins in dead bugs and mount them in a picture frame, well...... that might be considered a bit sick! Just saying!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#72077 Jan 24, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Pierre?
Pierre?
Pierre Boulle? Excellent author!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#72078 Jan 24, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help it if people find me cute. lol ;-)
http://bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/22/1...
Awwww. They bleeped my post for you!

Well, it's a nice site but it might be considered spam. You'll just have to imagine how to get to a commercial web site using the word "pupppybeef". Master Yoda recommends it as a fine place to get the best stew meat in the Degobah system!

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#72079 Jan 24, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are indeed blind.
He keeps using that word "proven" without showing any proof. I think he's modeling his online persona after Mrs. Clinton's, IOWs, he's all duck and dodge.
xD

Level 2

Location hidden

#72080 Jan 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Python humour is above you.
Likewise.

Level 2

Location hidden

#72081 Jan 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually yes, they accept the theory of evolution as the theory of evolution is described. Which means common ancestry. So like I said, either the UK (in your narrow little mind) is either mostly non-Christian, or most Christians in the UK accept evolution precisely the way that you don't like them to. And your dishonest attempt to ignore that means diddly squat.(shrug)
Same with your belief that you have the ability to judge all Christians like God can. You are after all just another uneducated fundie with an ego that contributes to the Earth's axial tilt.
You have not address the point. Evolution from non- human to human, are un-acceptable...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 1 hr Chimney1 538
How would creationists explain... 4 hr DanFromSmithville 340
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... 11 hr nobody 7
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 22 hr Brian_G 13,618
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) Fri Zach 4
Science News (Sep '13) Fri Ricky F 2,936
Genetic entropy Thu Discord 159
More from around the web