Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“serious about music , love rap”

Since: Oct 12

Huntsville

#71938 Jan 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>You mean Christian hymns? Not at all.

You mean Christians doing music? Not at all.

You mean Christians doing rock music? Not at all.

You mean Christians doing Christian Rock? That came from the depths of hell.
I'm slightly confused here, what's the difference between Christian rock and Christians doing rock?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#71939 Jan 24, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The full statement was...
All things are evident unto themselves...only man requires evidence.
It's a philosophical concept...you wouldn't understand.
It's not necessary to understand philosophy. Philosophy is fine on a personal level, but can be considered complete bollox if anyone claims it should apply to others. It is after all nothing more than subjective mental mastrubation.(shrug)

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#71940 Jan 24, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>It is real and the facts are to be found.......
To have facts you need evidence of those facts

I am sorry but personal belief does not count as evidence or as fact

How would it be if when you complained to your boss that he had not paid your wages he said “I believe I have so that’s good enough for me and everyone should believe that belief”
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#71941 Jan 24, 2013
RappinRollerCoaster wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm slightly confused here, what's the difference between Christian rock and Christians doing rock?
For instance if I use Evanescance as an example (nobody slam me here, just using them cuz I happen to know they are Christian), but few would say their music would be "Christian rock".

Level 6

#71942 Jan 24, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Homosexuality in all its entirety is wrong, no matter how you paint it...
You are wrong no matter how your paint yourself

You personal indoctrinated hatreds and unthinking worship of a genocidal child murdering apologist for rape and slavery has nothing to do with reality
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71943 Jan 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you're welcome to your opinion. I tend to be VERY candid though when I respond to fundies in case you hadn't noticed.
That's why most of them don't like me very much.
:-)
Candid? No! No! No! I think not!

What goes on here is cat/dog fights. Candid is when you play both sides without even thinking about it. It ticks them off so much more when you ignore the pecking order AND are entirely tuned out and oblivious to their base fears. Sooner or later, they'll be slapping the ground like Donkey Kong and whizzing on the bushes as if this is all their turf. All you're doing is playing "Pop goes the Weasel".

There's a fine art to candor that goes beyond annoying "the other guys!" Do you see people claiming to be science professionals posting comments sounding like "Duh!" and "Burn the witch!" That is the result of TRUE candor!

These are not the droids you're looking for! ;-)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#71944 Jan 24, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Candid? No! No! No! I think not!
What goes on here is cat/dog fights. Candid is when you play both sides without even thinking about it. It ticks them off so much more when you ignore the pecking order AND are entirely tuned out and oblivious to their base fears. Sooner or later, they'll be slapping the ground like Donkey Kong and whizzing on the bushes as if this is all their turf. All you're doing is playing "Pop goes the Weasel".
There's a fine art to candor that goes beyond annoying "the other guys!" Do you see people claiming to be science professionals posting comments sounding like "Duh!" and "Burn the witch!" That is the result of TRUE candor!
These are not the droids you're looking for! ;-)
Like I said, you're welcome to your opinions. I realise it can often seem like mindless back and forth, and often that's what it is. But that's because our opposition is simply uneducated, and unwilling to learn. Not much we can do about that.(shrug)

“serious about music , love rap”

Since: Oct 12

Huntsville

#71945 Jan 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>For instance if I use Evanescance as an example (nobody slam me here, just using them cuz I happen to know they are Christian), but few would say their music would be "Christian rock".
Skillet would be considered as Christian rock, Red, and Kutless. Then there's Christian hip hop and pop like lecrae and Toby Mac and Jeremy camp.

Level 6

#71946 Jan 24, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Tell that to the majority of Christians in the UK alone, loner. Lol
Do you mean the dwindling congregation of christians in the UK?

Down over 12% in just 10 years, OFFICIAL FIGURES, if you manage to keep that rate of loss up there will me no christianity in the UK within 50 years.

The church itself gives the percentage of church goers as 15% of the population with declining attendance, declining number of churches, declining christian fellowship membership and a decline in the number of ministers. It really is a sad picture to see so many church officials concerned about longer term job prospects and redundancy.

Factually there are about 2% if the British population who “regularly” attend church on Sundays

In what is after all an officially a christian country there are pro-rata more Muslims worshipping in mosques than christians worshipping in church and more Jews worshipping in synagogues than christians worshipping in church. More Sikhs worshipping in gurdwaras than christians worshipping in church and more Hundus worshipping in temples than christians worshipping in church.

Is that the majority of christians you mean?

Honey if you are clueless of the demographics of a country (which you obviously are) then I suggest you don’t try using those demographics in your sad attempt to discredit your opponent

Level 6

#71947 Jan 24, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If really your assertions are true, Christianity would have been long dead. You are the liar!
Christianity is dying and the statistics show it
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/12/11/uk-b...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21094...
http://www.whychurch.org.uk/trends.php

However I really don’t think christianity will disappear completely, there will always be deliberately ignorant morons who are too bone idle to actually educate themselves and christianity is an ideal vehicle for that laziness

I am not a liar, I have no god to lie for so I see no deed to sully myself

So although you are unwilling to answer what you appear to be intimating is that your god was not depicted in the babble as genocidal, child murdering apologist for rape?

Genesis 6:11-17 and 7:11-24

Exodus 12:29

Deuteronomy 21:10-13
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71948 Jan 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, you're welcome to your opinions. I realise it can often seem like mindless back and forth, and often that's what it is. But that's because our opposition is simply uneducated, and unwilling to learn. Not much we can do about that.(shrug)
Au contraire! They are educated, but in different things. "Things" have substance and make all the difference in the real world. Aesthetics are strictly the product of the particular world YOU live in.

Even Charles would make sense in an anarchistic world where people want order. After all, there can only be one king of the hill. His way is the way of the trinity, or as we in the U.S. might call it, a Mexican Standoff. He just doesn't realize it for what it is, and that's the beauty of it. Sooner or later, the ignorant get a piece of you. Even if you were one of the metaphorical gunslingers, you are always vulnerable to the up and coming because you can't keep your focus on that whole pointless pursuit of power.

So the question is, when you're "playing the game" how will that game invariably shape you? As Friedrich Nietzsche said, "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."

Now, I COULD assume moral inversion on your part. We're coming close to the Depression era attitude where mobsters and rogue gunmen were made into heroes for defying the Revenuers, but those things pass and usually in a messy way. Moral inversion is anarchistic. No sane person really wants to be evil.

Just accept that the "Alexander the Great" fantasy you had as a kid isn't going to happen, and when you think about the cost, you're probably better off for it. You can't win this debate. You can only survive and adapt.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#71949 Jan 24, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you'll note that Through out the Bible it is known as Adams sin while Eve was tricked my Satan, Adam knew God had told him not to eat of the fruit of that tree but when Eve handed the fruit to Adam he ate of it knowing full well he was told not to straight from God and was warned the if he did eat the fruit he would die.
And if there was no death in the Garden of Eden, how would Adam know what it was?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#71950 Jan 24, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Do your research, Numbnut!
Gideons international and other christian charitable organisations, do give free bibles globally.
Giving away bibles has NOTHING to do with the percentage of people raised as Christians, idiot.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#71951 Jan 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I am ever the optimist. I believe that even the biggest idiot can learn if he really puts his mind to it.
Two words: Jim Ryan

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#71952 Jan 24, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are now Mike's mouth-piece.
I am not wrong. Period.
Yet another Black Knight.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#71953 Jan 24, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, And the Bible said it is an abomination which God destroyed places for. Great calamity may befall a nation which promotes it.
That is it.
God-bless!!!

Level 2

Location hidden

#71954 Jan 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I disproved each and every illogical point you brought up. Basically, you're a bigot and deeply fearful.
Damn you!
You are the bigot that hates reality.

Level 2

Location hidden

#71955 Jan 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
See? You have no basis but for your own hatred and perhaps self-loathing.
Just admit that the question is too difficult for you to understand...

Level 2

Location hidden

#71957 Jan 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't answer a straight up question?
You are a coward.
Likewise.

Level 2

Location hidden

#71958 Jan 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't limiting it to Christians in particular at all, I was speaking specifically of fundies such as yourself.
Likewise!
You are a fundamentalist for Darwin. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Darwin on the rocks 21 min Kenedy njoroge 374
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism 2 hr The Dude 721
Bobby Jindal: "I'm Not an Evolutionary Biologist" 3 hr woodtick57 383
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 7 hr MikeF 138,204
Monkey VS Man Oct 19 Bluenose 14
Charles Darwin's credentials and Evolution Oct 19 TurkanaBoy 204
There is no scientific evidence whatsoever for ... Oct 17 Discord 431

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE