Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Jan 6, 2011, Best of New Orleans story titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#71449 Jan 21, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>God stopped them. They may have had advanced knowledge that we do not yet know of and God caused it to be scattered and lost.
Lame excuse for something you know nothing about. They were more primitive than some of the older civilizations as well, in reality. You just want to make up something that "feels" good so you can pretend to know more, but in reality, you fail at archeology so much it's pathetic.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#71450 Jan 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is you have zero proof of Macro evolution. As far a micro evolution no big deal there, so some genes get turn on or off. Big deal.
Not one fossil proves Macro evolution
Not once has it been observed.
Never in the history of the planet has macro evolution left behind a bit of proof that it ever happened.
I take it you just debunked the info I presented for you (again) yesterday then in a coherent rational manner using the scientific method then, yes? You know, that stuff that not one single fundie on this thread has been able to do for a year? And not one single fundie on the face of this planet has been able to do for 150?

What's that?

Oh, you completely ignored it and went on another "NO NO NO!" rant as usual?

Therefore Goddidit with magic?

Uhuh, thought so.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#71451 Jan 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You should really brush up on your bible passages if you expect anyone to take you seriously.
"Noah was commanded to take into the ark all the animals on land in whose nostrils was the breath of life (Genesis 6:17, 7:14-15, 22). There is no reason to believe that all the varieties of insects were on the ark
Um, Lango. You just said that evolution definitely didn't happen. Now you just said that evolution, on a MACRO scale, definitely DID happen.

If the Ark story is true then "MACRO"-evolution definitely DID happen. If no such evolution took place then the Ark story definitely did NOT happen.

You DO understand all the science behind all these concepts being discussed, right?

Or uh, are you just another fundie liar for Jesus claiming reality ain't real cuz an invisible magic dude didit?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#71453 Jan 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is you have zero proof of Macro evolution. As far a micro evolution no big deal there, so some genes get turn on or off. Big deal.
Not one fossil proves Macro evolution
Not once has it been observed.
Never in the history of the planet has macro evolution left behind a bit of proof that it ever happened.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

Here it is for you again Langs. That's just a few billion facts that put together enequivocally demonstrate evolution. All you need is just ONE of any number of valid potential falsifications. Do let us know when you can come up with something better than "evilooshun iz rong cuz GODDIDIT WITH MAGIC!"

Take your time.

You will.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#71454 Jan 21, 2013
[QUOTE who="On page 3369, I"]
Creationists hate both atheists and Evolutionists, so they pretend that those are the exact same people.[/QUOTE]
marksman11 wrote:
You guys say GOD didn't do it,
See what I mean?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71456 Jan 21, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You think you're some sort of policeman?
Seriously?
I consider myself an advocate for order, not a volunteer to enforce anyone's perception of what is fair. I consider you someone who is trying to kill every shadow that moves. If I can remove your element so that others go on to discuss on topic, I've maintained the order I seek.

Stop parsing. Pay attention to the real debate. If you don't think my analogy is close enough to the Evolution/Creationism debate, feel free to walk away. For the most part, you have not presented logical information, just statistical claims and your private view as to what is "natural". I suggest your claims are invalid and defend my arguments. You call people names.

I call it a complete win, but you WILL go back to statistical claims and calling people names. Nothing can be more absolutely certain.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71457 Jan 21, 2013
nemesis wrote:
<quoted text>We had many questions prior to our encounter. One question was answered....."We are NOT alone in the universe". Next question. Why do aliens insist on being like gray ghost and make humans fear them? The more we learn, the more we understand that with the universe having infinite earth-like planets the odds of an advanced civilization existing is fact, not fiction. Why they will not make direct and factual contact is a mystery. Science does not have a clue. All the number crunching in the universe will never answer that question. Again, we understand the "negative" response.......we know what happened was real.
Science has increased our understanding of probability. We know now that the likelihood of alien life is high, while the likelihood of space travel is not so high.

We can easily dismiss reports of alien visitors as improbable stories but as has always been the case, proving a negative is not logical or compulsory.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#71458 Jan 21, 2013
Too slow wrote:
Bored much?
much

slow is key I think...
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71459 Jan 21, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Great thing about science.
It's rue whether you believe in it or not.(Paraphrase from Neil DeGrasse Tyson)
A good scientist would see the difference between absolute proof, proof beyond a reasonable doubt, and pure opinion though. Evolution is admittedly what you and I call reasonable doubt so we can easily say "prove that it didn't happen", which is proving a negative.

I prefer to suggest that the phrase "demonstrate natural examples that don't fit Evolutionary theory" is a better place to start. Scientists CAN make mistakes. We can find random mutations in the fossil record that represent random mutations without being the result of Evolution. It's best to avoid defending Evolution as absolute fact.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#71460 Jan 21, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I consider myself an advocate for order, not a volunteer to enforce anyone's perception of what is fair. I consider you someone who is trying to kill every shadow that moves. If I can remove your element so that others go on to discuss on topic, I've maintained the order I seek.
Stop parsing. Pay attention to the real debate. If you don't think my analogy is close enough to the Evolution/Creationism debate, feel free to walk away. For the most part, you have not presented logical information, just statistical claims and your private view as to what is "natural". I suggest your claims are invalid and defend my arguments. You call people names.
I call it a complete win, but you WILL go back to statistical claims and calling people names. Nothing can be more absolutely certain.
Amongst people are persons of no great claim other than to be considered that a Person amongst people...

You have to admit that logical thought process comes much from personal means experience statistics are a lot of numbers to go by them you really would have to know the source they are coming from...

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#71461 Jan 21, 2013
In their book Refuting Evolution 2, Sarfati & Matthews portray their opponents as atheists. In Chapter 3 especially, they wax vitriolic against Evolutionists with their "materialistic bias, which rejects a common Designer a priori." In chapter 3 alone, they write that "we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door." "Particles turned into people over time, without any need for an intelligent Designer." "Modern evolutionary theory is all about providing a plausible mechanism for explaining life's complexity without God." The authors must have had another spurt of adrenalin in chapter 10, when they referred to "Darwin and his God-hating successors."

Like Gish, S & M confuse abiogenesis with evolution, and hope that the reader will also. "Life came into being without an intelligent Creator."

I what we should equate Creationists with.
The Illuminati movement, perhaps?

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#71462 Jan 21, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Science has increased our understanding of probability. We know now that the likelihood of alien life is high, while the likelihood of space travel is not so high.
We can easily dismiss reports of alien visitors as improbable stories but as has always been the case, proving a negative is not logical or compulsory.
Probably isn't that like maybe...

So each and every Parent on the planet could be considered somewhat of a Scientist with great degree in that most Parents are great at saying maybe and the child after a while understands which sound to maybe means yes or no, so Science would have us believe that we are of people's function to understand ...

Diplomacy served thus far big shots as to be known as such? Diplomats and those that have em'...

I like reading your posts they make me think...

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#71463 Jan 21, 2013
Hey Alienware the students reap the benefits what else is there?

Woke up with some strange sense that to slow is alright it does not connect with having to grow in any way...

Time

What about it, it only really exists first because of shadow shadow moves and then the hands they created a face too where the hands can move about to see shadow eyes blind people would have to touch the face to with hands feel hands...

legs to move in time as to shadow along in light is darkness...

when time seems right is when one feels light even in darkness in motion as the hands move legs accordingly to each step one by one...

Idle to stand still the earth is still moving still? Psssss

Lips to move and to give time before people had it?

“you must not give faith”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

#71464 Jan 21, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That which is self evident needs no proof.
That which is self evident sould be easy to prove so do it.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#71465 Jan 21, 2013
I think to hate God is to have known some people that had no problem keeping the faith in God and when God handed them an empty egg they would seek him in the churches but when people handed them one they would stir the hate...

Sorta like that...

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#71466 Jan 21, 2013
Or kind of Ironic to say in the least how and why God and people mix so well in churches that is and they should keep their business inside them...

To Persons why in difference between there is none...It's only to people!!!!

Why we can't speak clear
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71467 Jan 21, 2013
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Amongst people are persons of no great claim other than to be considered that a Person amongst people...
You have to admit that logical thought process comes much from personal means experience statistics are a lot of numbers to go by them you really would have to know the source they are coming from...
I assure you, the source is biased. But you have to decide for yourself.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#71468 Jan 21, 2013
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
That which is self evident sould be easy to prove so do it.
It shouldn't need none...Especially not to self so why proof is needed for anyone would only be that of other~ in form shape color if a black man states he is that and a whole nation claims that he is not who is right and who is wrong?

Numbers do they matter?

To know in counting that 1 and 1 adds to two should be a plus...
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71469 Jan 21, 2013
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably isn't that like maybe...
So each and every Parent on the planet could be considered somewhat of a Scientist with great degree in that most Parents are great at saying maybe and the child after a while understands which sound to maybe means yes or no, so Science would have us believe that we are of people's function to understand ...
Diplomacy served thus far big shots as to be known as such? Diplomats and those that have em'...
I like reading your posts they make me think...
Well, I can't imagine we're not here to think!

Anyway, there's a difference between politics and parental treatment of the young. Some don't like to think so. When that happens, then you can say that the road to hell is full of good intentions.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#71470 Jan 21, 2013
Also to the un-believer it seems there it lies that proof is such an important to must know method of Science Scientists believe exactly in what?

That knowledge reaches into what?

The white ceiling only heads so far they can't push it in itself...

MO FO's of crap is what some created...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 13 min In Six Days 1,372
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr Zog Has-fallen 18,691
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 8 hr Chimney1 141,287
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 8 hr Bumper Sticker Boy 13,670
No Place For ID? 15 hr GTID62 1
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) Fri hpcaban 178,585
Guadeloupe Woman Found (1812 (Mar '10) Apr 23 MikeF 73
More from around the web