Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,355)

Showing posts 67,081 - 67,100 of111,954
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>DId you read that the angels were created to serve God and they look like men. I believe God was speaking to the angels when he first created man.
HUH...So the angels then must look like god....Your cult is so weird.

“Somewhere in time...”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
then you should get down on your hands and knees and bow your head to your PARENTS and thank them for your life and not some imaginary mythological skydaddy
You would be amazed at the gifts that a little humility brings...lol

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
This might be true...but I have found there's really no need to "induce"
it in any way...It's a completely natural phenomenon.
It's more of a question of unbias awareness eliminating preconceived filters that limit perception.
not that I'm no expert on the subject...I'm strictly speaking from my own experience.
here's a Synchronicity experience for ya...I was thinking about Edgar Allan Poe The Raven, and had just brought up a picture of a crow on my computer...and almost immediately a crow, not ten feet from my window called out five times and flew away...I kid you not...just how it happened.
I might hear a crow call where I live about once a month or so, if I'm lucky...but this was way to much to be a coincidence.
I used the word 'induce' because we make the conscious decision to go to sleep. lol

Anyways, funny how you brought up the 'crow.' I used the term 'when the crow flies' on one of my poetry called "Temptation."
I know there's a connection here somehow. lol. Resist!

can we be friends? ;-)

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be amazed at the gifts that a little humility brings...lol
Humility and Humiliation...Words so close......If god was even real I would not bow down to a god as vile and filled with hate and violence as the god of the buybull. Your god is a mean nasty bully who if doesnt get his way will stomp you into a pit of fire for eternity...Yea keep that crap ....NOT FOR ME.

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
My belief is that it is BS and made up crap to control people like slaves by rich churches.
I agree...that it is used to control people...but throwing the baby out with the bath water...sort to speak... is exactly what they want you to do...your just another pawn in one of their elaborate schemes....sad really...your being duped by the same people that you adhore.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
The buybull is a book of myth ......Tolkien said Frodo would destroy the one ring...DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN????????
Yes!!!

Frodo Lives!!

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I used the word 'induce' because we make the conscious decision to go to sleep. lol
Anyways, funny how you brought up the 'crow.' I used the term 'when the crow flies' on one of my poetry called "Temptation."
I know there's a connection here somehow. lol. Resist!
can we be friends? ;-)
I'm getting way to many good vibes from you...:)

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree...that it is used to control people...but throwing the baby out with the bath water...sort to speak... is exactly what they want you to do...your just another pawn in one of their elaborate schemes....sad really...your being duped by the same people that you adhore.
What??????? So you say throw out the religion but keep the religions handbook????

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Humility and Humiliation...Words so close......If god was even real I would not bow down to a god as vile and filled with hate and violence as the god of the buybull. Your god is a mean nasty bully who if doesnt get his way will stomp you into a pit of fire for eternity...Yea keep that crap ....NOT FOR ME.
is it really God...or is it your concept of God that is lacking?

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
is it really God...or is it your concept of God that is lacking?
If you read the buybull that ,God is trash and nasty......Nothing on my part is lacking...Your god is lacking alot.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm getting way to many good vibes from you...:)
check your inbox ;-)

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
check your inbox ;-)
check yours!...lol

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
According to the Bible mankind was made in the image and likeness of the Creator and given dominion over all the earth. Humans are very special to the Creator and we are not just another wild animal creature.
How could a creature be made in God's image if "God is a spirit"?

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

anonymous wrote:
Well, I haven't googled it, but I've posted a few items in agreement, and that is why I consider a good portion of the politics of this debate to be about urban vs. rural culture.
Sorry, I must have missed that.
When I skipped over all the name calling, I must have skipped over something with content in it.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I must have missed that.
When I skipped over all the name calling, I must have skipped over something with content in it.
Name calling? On my part? Remind me of anything there. What I remember is suggesting that medical conditions exist or that politics is at work. I don't recall much in the way of name calling.

I'll set a place at the table for pathos in a debate. Are you getting pulled into your own prejudicial presumptions, just maybe a bit?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
How could a creature be made in God's image if "God is a spirit"?
If we define the word in general terms maybe it means a representation or reflection since God is a spirit, but he has hands that were seen by men and though they were cloudlike he created and directed with them, as far as I know.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
When we're discussing animals, it's better not to use "homosexuality" or "bisexuality" and just talk about sexual behavior. I prefer the terms "same sex sexual behavior" or "opposite sex sexual behavior" though primatologists use the technical jargon of isosexual and contrasexual.

Homosexuality, heteroseuxality and bisexuality are sexual identities of Western culture. Not really applicable to animals - and not always to non-Westerners who do not identify with the Western cultural constructions of identity and sexuality.
Non heterosexuals only exist in a western cultural perspective? Hmmmm. If you say so.

Must be why our birth rates are so much lower.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>If we define the word in general terms maybe it means a representation or reflection since God is a spirit, but he has hands that were seen by men and though they were cloudlike he created and directed with them, as far as I know.
Why not just say the soul is the part that was created in this alleged God's image?
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The God of the Bible is THE one who brought ALL things into existence in THE beginning. He could see the end from the beginning when it all started. We may not have the reasoning capacity to understand this.
Who brought him into existence? Who was God's creator? Did he poof himself into being too? Something had to come before...

You can not make a God out of nothing.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh...is the above a joke?
Pretty much everything I post is sarcastic in tone... but no.

Laws against homosexuality are not really aimed at them. Their real intent is to discourage the far larger latent bisexual community from exploring their true sexual identities.

The government has little interest in what gay people do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 67,081 - 67,100 of111,954
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••