Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
66,981 - 67,000 of 115,209 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#71268 Jan 18, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Cybele,it's been nice exploring and i'm getting curious as to this code. Even though it would be termed fringe/weird science.
Let me know how you get on with it.
Goodnight yall.
My code is secret. It started out as a game for fun. Until I discovered that it can be used to decode the meaning of events with mathematical formulas. lol

“I am evolving as fast as I can”

Since: Jan 08

Brooklyn, in Dayton OH now

#71269 Jan 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Plumage is a survival strategy, it is how the species improves it's genetic diversity. You speak from ignorance, that is easy to see, but you should actually look up and study something before making assertions. There are also many instances of homosexuality in many animals, we are not unique in that regard. That is what bothers you most, I am betting, having to admit that we are indeed animals.
I think the improvement to genetic diversity is more a by-product than some goal. Natural selection, gene transfer, genetic drift ... all the mechanisms of evolution aren't working to improve genetic diversity, but the impact of each increases genetic diiversity. I know, sort of a 'split-hair' difference, but an important one. The process isn't working toward a goal, or else you might have to make a case for a goalie :-) There we go, God the ultimate goalie :-)

“I am evolving as fast as I can”

Since: Jan 08

Brooklyn, in Dayton OH now

#71270 Jan 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't mean that they do it on purpose or with intelligent intent. I just failed to combine a better descriptive of the cause and effect.
got it. should have read ahead before i respoded.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#71271 Jan 18, 2013
TedHOhio wrote:
<quoted text>
got it. should have read ahead before i respoded.
It's okay, I failed to describe something well, that still makes it my mistake. You and HFY's clarifications helped to correct my error.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#71272 Jan 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi! How are you doing? I was wondering if you would mind taking this census? It will only take 5 minutes of your time!
(oh...sorry...that's the lie Christians use all the time, not gays...my bad!)
Hi! How are you? I want to talk to you about my friend Gayjus!
(ah...crap, my bad Sub, that's the Christians talking about Jesus again...)
Hi! I bet you don't want to drink caffeine or alcohol again while pretending to concentrate on family values when openly discriminating against women!
(ah...fudge...no, not gays, those are Mormons. Damn, I don't think I can answer your question.)
It's getting so you can't keep track without a scorecard.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#71273 Jan 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Plumage is a survival strategy, it is how the species improves it's genetic diversity. You speak from ignorance, that is easy to see, but you should actually look up and study something before making assertions. There are also many instances of homosexuality in many animals, we are not unique in that regard. That is what bothers you most, I am betting, having to admit that we are indeed animals.
Many instances of homosexuality in animals? Not true. Bisexuality maybe. They will hump pretty much anything.

Homosexuality is extremely abnormal. For every one homosexual that exists there are likely millions of bisexuals.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#71274 Jan 18, 2013
TedHOhio wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the improvement to genetic diversity is more a by-product than some goal. Natural selection, gene transfer, genetic drift ... all the mechanisms of evolution aren't working to improve genetic diversity, but the impact of each increases genetic diiversity. I know, sort of a 'split-hair' difference, but an important one. The process isn't working toward a goal, or else you might have to make a case for a goalie :-) There we go, God the ultimate goalie :-)
Genetic diversity is hardly the goal. Evolution generally occurs best in small populations. The less the genetic diversity the more likely a random mutation is to catch on. Hense when brown bears wandered out onto the ice sheets they became polar bears but other brown bears stayed the same. Those hominids who wandered out of Africa during the Ice Age became Neanderthals for much the same reason. Or like birds blown onto remote islands by storm.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#71275 Jan 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
So how do gay people go about "recruiting"? I can see a military type recruitment office with posters and everything: "It's a man's life being Gau!" and other such propaganda.
How do gays recruit? By making it socially acceptable for the far larger bisexual community to swing both ways. I am sure that 9/10ths of the men who saw Brokeback Mountain immediately decided to give it a try. Suddenly it was cool. Then they brought HIV back home to their wives.

Laws are there to discourage them... not gays.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#71276 Jan 18, 2013
anoymous wrote:

For my part, I somewhat take exception to that simple attitude towards justice. A person is who they are on the inside too. I know that I can say that married men get preferential treatment in the workplace and suddenly every issue that I bring up is written off as whining. Well, "rocking the boat" is taboo in this economy but it is the very nature of change. For better or for worse, change WILL happen so it's best to listen and consider change that is for the collective betterment.

end quote

Ah you noticed that too.
Hundreds of times where you have to stand in because something is up at the homefront.
Mind without being payed according to the scale they get!
Or because they have to pick up the kids.
And you have to sympathetically listen to there even whining about those kids...and especially not forget how they are faring.
Or they have marital trouble and given that they have kids get the first choice in relocating and job-security.
The first choice in better housing a.s.o.
And they expect the tax-payer to pay for there lack of even raising kids, so when it goes wrong.
But also because they seem to entitled to extra money, since kids automatically become everybodies problem.
And they simply wander back in after moths of absence as if it's there god-give right.
And the bastards always manage to take credit for work they have not actually done.
I hate people with kids. LOL

It becomes worse if they do not even consider using birthcontrol.
And they are always protective of the little terrorists even if they are the devil incarnate.

Level 5

Location hidden

#71277 Jan 18, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
And...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6c9ppDdotbUXX
That really creeps me out!

Level 5

Location hidden

#71278 Jan 18, 2013
I would say that as far as such forced ideas go as family units being the corner-stone of society, that they are so only as long as the rest of society is forced to pay for them.

An African saying goes that it takes a village to raise a kid.
Which is not the same as paying for secluded units that are too scared to even let yearlong acquantainces close to their kids.
Living on a military base would maybe comes closes to the African village idea.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#71279 Jan 18, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Many instances of homosexuality in animals? Not true. Bisexuality maybe. They will hump pretty much anything.
Homosexuality is extremely abnormal. For every one homosexual that exists there are likely millions of bisexuals.
So, you prefer to ignore the facts and make things up to avoid them. Good to know.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#71280 Jan 18, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
How do gays recruit? By making it socially acceptable for the far larger bisexual community to swing both ways. I am sure that 9/10ths of the men who saw Brokeback Mountain immediately decided to give it a try. Suddenly it was cool. Then they brought HIV back home to their wives.
Laws are there to discourage them... not gays.
Paranoid delusions, nothing more. You should have those taken care of.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#71281 Jan 18, 2013
I know everyone can hide their true identity here, but no wonder self respecting Creationist never come here to debate, it could be because they wouldn't want their children to read some of the trash this thread has turned to. PLease be considerate and get back on topic.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71282 Jan 18, 2013
MAAT wrote:
anoymous wrote:
For my part, I somewhat take exception to that simple attitude towards justice. A person is who they are on the inside too. I know that I can say that married men get preferential treatment in the workplace and suddenly every issue that I bring up is written off as whining. Well, "rocking the boat" is taboo in this economy but it is the very nature of change. For better or for worse, change WILL happen so it's best to listen and consider change that is for the collective betterment.
end quote
Ah you noticed that too.
Hundreds of times where you have to stand in because something is up at the homefront.
Mind without being payed according to the scale they get!
Or because they have to pick up the kids.
And you have to sympathetically listen to there even whining about those kids...and especially not forget how they are faring.
Or they have marital trouble and given that they have kids get the first choice in relocating and job-security.
The first choice in better housing a.s.o.
And they expect the tax-payer to pay for there lack of even raising kids, so when it goes wrong.
But also because they seem to entitled to extra money, since kids automatically become everybodies problem.
And they simply wander back in after moths of absence as if it's there god-give right.
And the bastards always manage to take credit for work they have not actually done.
I hate people with kids. LOL
It becomes worse if they do not even consider using birthcontrol.
And they are always protective of the little terrorists even if they are the devil incarnate.
Well, I could have said it that way but it wouldn't generate sympathy! We all were kids once. I can respect the job of raising them. Throw in the tax and insurance breaks and I'm ready to toss out the fifth commandment.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71283 Jan 18, 2013
MAAT wrote:
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Epileptics, Tourette's patients and others aren't considered mentally handicapped in that way either. I never claimed that gays were mentally handicapped in a cognitive way. They have a medical symptom which may be the result of biology or environment. Some may have genetic reasons for the symptom, but not all. A lot of effort was made to find the "gay" gene. Nothing was found.
Freud's abstractions are awful. Even modern psychology is pathetic. Here's a good government source quote.
"The accuracy of psychiatric diagnosis was the highest for cognitive disorders 60%, followed by depression 50% and anxiety disorders 46%, whereas the accuracy of diagnosing psychosis was 0%."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3 ...
Well, who's to say who is political and who isn't? The question is, if homosexuality is a medical problem, then is it sensible to address it constitutionally? Race? Sex? Part of the human condition and consistent with evolution. Religion? Sexual preference? Not so absolute.
We protect the medically afflicted. We don't nurture their conditions.
---
Well that is the same as implying that homosexuality is a medical condition and there fore they must be cured.
Well it is not.
But if i put the accent on nurtured, then i face the wall of your quotes of proper -biassed?-diagnoses. Were apparently a lot of people ended up in the system without having the infliction or a different one and thus not cured, so frankly nurtured!
Further complicated by taking the discussion to CDO.'They are properly diagnosed but labeled and want to be cured but not cured.'
Well and then you loose me also, literaly, since form that point on i can not untie the gordian knot.
---
Followed by if not medicalised, why is a civil union not good enough?
Well simply because it does only stand as long as you stay under the same condition in the same state. Especially when children are involved.
Mariage is solid, federally covered.
(I looked into it)
OK, I think your wording struggled a bit here.

Let's say that I think there's a distinct difference between open bisexuality and clear homosexuality. I really don't buy into a simple hormonal trait that makes the difference between the gay and the straight.

One is an open minded attitude to abandoning boundaries, while the other is a maladjusted attempt to find a place to fit in, with a large degree of denial as to what that choice has conveyed to those who stick to traditional competition according to the rules of the normal heterosexual roles in a given culture.

Most liberals think that all gays are "enlightened". I disagree. Some are very maladjusted, or genuinely ill. I've seen the dirty old men who approach boys. I've seen the results of sailors who totally lose control of the super-ego and go down on another sailor while they are sleeping.

Forget the Hollywood fairy tale. Reality is a far sadder story.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71284 Jan 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
I know everyone can hide their true identity here, but no wonder self respecting Creationist never come here to debate, it could be because they wouldn't want their children to read some of the trash this thread has turned to. PLease be considerate and get back on topic.
Oh? Christians can't deal with reality?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71285 Jan 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What part of what you quoted from me implies that I argued gays don't recruit?
Are you referring to me explaining to you that if gay marriage were state sanctioned, you'd stay a heterosexual? I'm pretty sure, recruiting or not, you'd still be straight. Unless...unless...there's some hidden desire you have?
<quoted text>
Wow...ok...you know, I think I'll just avoid what you wrote above and let it stand on its own.
"You know what? Gays don't want you to be gay. They don't look at you and think "hmmm, I can convert that lovely piece of meat.""

Seems pretty much what you said from where I stand!

Level 5

Taizhou, China

#71286 Jan 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
For once I agree with Free Servant.
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

#71287 Jan 18, 2013
The hated person in the world is Abby Sunderland because she is dumb as her parents and her Born Again Christian followers as well!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Genetic 'Adam' and 'Eve' Uncovered - live science (Sep '13) 31 min TurkanaBoy 315
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 1 hr One way or another 172,509
Evolution Theory Facing Crisis 5 hr TedHOhio 200
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 9 hr DanFromSmithville 136,248
Science News (Sep '13) Thu positronium 2,848
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism Wed Zog Has-fallen 343
Natural Selection Not The Only Process That Dri... (Jan '14) Aug 25 reMAAT 20
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••