Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,338)

Showing posts 66,741 - 66,760 of106,079
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>sure do. just like adam and eve and all the other comical bible stories
sure. how many dinosaurs can you name?

“Pepsi is better than coke”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>What?
The crazy stuff you said about biology - I laughed and laughed :)

Level 2

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
that is deep!...lol
nite.:)
hey just curious are you one of those party geniuses that try and impress your friends by claiming evolution is proven false by the laws of thermodynamics

Level 2

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
sure. how many dinosaurs can you name?
why

Level 5

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So, you are saying that a man can impregnate a man and a woman can impregnate a woman?
No, that is not what I'm implying. That's quite clearly impossible without special tools :p

Level 5

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I do know what a gene is. Lets face the fact, it is improper for a man to go after a man, it is sexual perversion.
Now you're just spouting out your own biased opinions.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

<quoted text>why
just lol

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

<quoted text>hey just curious are you one of those party geniuses that try and impress your friends by claiming evolution is proven false by the laws of thermodynamics
I want to hang out with a party genius like Sheldon, lol
dan clark

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

It's obvious we exist. We all came into existance. The beginnings can't be proved. However,all we can go by is remaining evidence. As it is seen, the galaxies are moving outward. That means it was all closer as with any explosion would expel matter away from the source. Difficult to believe that either matter or spirits just always existed. Yet here we are. I see both science and religion as unsatisfactory to how it all began. At least science shows some evidence. If this matter were in a court of law,we all know the importance of evidence over simply believing a person by hearsay.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

And you know this how?
Cybele wrote:
Try meditation you might experience a heightened awareness and attain higher consciousness.
And you know that this "heightened awareness" and "higher consciousness" isn't a figment of your imagination, how exactly? You can demonstrate this objectively?

What's that? You can't?

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

anonymous wrote:
Create a universal civil union contract that has no basis on sex and leave it at that.
We already have one. It's called "marriage". We just have to get the USSC to overturn the laws in those states where they still discriminate on the basis of sex.

Level 5

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So how many of these so called theories are really mislabelled hypothesizes?...all of them if they turn out to be wrong???
exactly.
That's kind of the point of hypotheses. They're tested to be disproved.

Evolution is the framework theory of all biological sciences. It has never been disproved, not once.

In layman's terms, evolution is fact.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, indeedy doodly my dear mysterious persona.
<quoted text>
In which case no need for marriage. It's superfluous and anyone who wants a legal partner can have a civil union. Those who prefer the religious traditions of marriage can be married by their church, but the union will not be legally recognized by the state. Only their religion.
Otherwise if we don't get rid of marriage then the only other option to ensure that rights remain equal for all is to allow gays to legally get married.
<quoted text>
How about the state minds its own business when it comes to sexual relationships? The churches too.
<quoted text>
Hmm. Kinda see good and bad points here. But it's tangential.
<quoted text>
No need for "behaviour modification" if everyone has equal rights. But I thought behaviour modification required the use of tin foil hats. Or was that to protect ourselves against it? Meh, I can't keep track.
Behavior modification is a psychology term that sounds slightly more polite than Pavlovian conditioning.

At least in the U.S. psychologists don't have much of any credibility anymore. They're just tools of the State for washing their hands of problems with phoney credibility. Nobody pays a psychiatrist for help anymore. They don't stay ahead of the problems in our culture. Political Correctness pretty much made them toy action figures.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
And you know this how?
<quoted text>
And you know that this "heightened awareness" and "higher consciousness" isn't a figment of your imagination, how exactly? You can demonstrate this objectively?
What's that? You can't?
Just so you should know, I have a different level of consciousness. I don't feel the need to share that with you because it would be a waste of time. You wouldn't believe any of it. poof!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
We already have one. It's called "marriage". We just have to get the USSC to overturn the laws in those states where they still discriminate on the basis of sex.
WE don't have to do doodley!

The Supreme Court doesn't have to do anything either....but you're going to keep on quoting your legal precedent about interracial marriage. There's a Constitutional amendment forbidding discrimination based on race. The Virginia law allowed the State to perform marriages but denied marriage to couples based on race. That is clearly illegal.

There's no amendment regarding sexual preference. There is no "right" and your example is not any kind of legal precedent. AND you still think that the Supreme Court can take off on their own and extrapolate what is or isn't fair, based on your world view.

If some nutjob decided that they cannot be happy unless they can engage in marital bliss with Fido, they don't have a "right" to do so. The State does not have to oblige the nutjob and the public does not have to indulge his or her subjective world view on the subject.

That's the law. It's not about rights until Congress makes a LAW regarding rights.

.....but you're going to go the vigilante way anyway. Do it! You WILL do it! You don't have to have consensus. You're a PROUD, manly man who scoffs at consensus, aren't you? DRIVE ON!:D
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you should know, I have a different level of consciousness. I don't feel the need to share that with you because it would be a waste of time. You wouldn't believe any of it. poof!
OK, but you can talk about it all day, but not show anything tangible that would demonstrate it.

There are things that I feel I know about our culture that most people hide their heads in the sand about. In case you haven't noticed, I tend to set people up to act out their denial because saying so in advance won't do anything. Either way, most people just get annoyed but certainly don't give up their prejudices.

What can "God" do that simple logic can't do? And if you can't share it, why do you try? I'd have to admit, that sounds like the average attempt to get attention.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Cybele wrote:
Just so you should know, I have a different level of consciousness.
Just so you should know, I believe you. But not in the direction that you think.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

A few pages ago, there was discussion on alleged racism on the part of Evolutionists.

Wanna hear some racist Creationist theories?

According to Elijah Muhammed, founder of the Black Muslims, the White race was created by a mad scientist living on an island off the coast of Africa. His intent was to persecute God's chosen people.

According to the Black Hebrews, another Black racist group, the White people are descended from Eve and the serpent.

The original version of The Book of Mormon promised that when Native Americans embraced Mormonism, God would turn their skins "white and delightsome."
According to the Mormons, God lives on another planet named Kolob, with thousands of wives. All the other inhabitants of the planet are his progeny. We are reincarnations of those inhabitants. We chose to come here. We made this choice because we realized that it would be in the interests of our spiritual development to live in a place where we cannot see God. Therefore, we have to accept the existence of God on faith.
God places us according to our behavior on Kolob. The most privileged are placed in Mormon families. The next best are born White.
After Cain killed Abel, God punished Cain by turning his skin black. All of the black people are descended from Cain. Ham went on the Ark with his wife, who was descended from Cain. Her name was Egyptus, and the nation of Egypt is named after her.
Until 1978, black members of the church were forbidden to serve as priests. A Federal court ordered the church to grant priesthood to blacks or lose their tax-exempt status. The church chose the former alternative, so everything I just told you has been swept under the rug.
Brigham Young, the second leader of the church, prophesied that if the church ever granted priesthood to blacks, God would rain fire down on the church. That prophesy has been swept under the rug too.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

anonymous wrote:
WE don't have to do doodley!
We do if we want to treat people fairly.
anonymous wrote:
The Supreme Court doesn't have to do anything either
It does if it doesn't want to be seen as endorsing discrimination on the basis of sex.
anonymous wrote:
There's no amendment regarding sexual preference.
The issue isn't "sexual preference" (by that, I assume you mean sexual orientation). The issue is discrimination on the basis of sex. Even without an amendment, the USSC can rule that such discrimination violates due process, as well as the good faith and credit clause.
anonymous wrote:
If some nutjob decided that they cannot be happy unless they can engage in marital bliss with Fido
Let us know when Fido is capable of giving informed consent to a marriage contract.
anonymous wrote:
You don't have to have consensus.
The majority of Americans already support the legal recognition of same-sex marriage.

But I guess that is upsetting to homophobes.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
HAVEING KIDS IS NOT WHAT MARRIAGE IS ABOUT MORON....Being married is about two people becomeing partners..
NOW TAKE YOUR STONE AGE NAZI CULT AND STAY OUT OF OTHER PEOPLES BUSINESS...OK HITLER????????
An advice, the use of capital letters or upper casing is not too ideal, moron.
Sexual perversion whether in marriages or not, are wrong and should be discouraged.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 66,741 - 66,760 of106,079
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••