Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,332)

Showing posts 66,621 - 66,640 of106,338
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

If I said that blizzblats come in all shapes, sizes, and forms, would you know any more about what a blizzblat *is* than you did before?
Cybele wrote:
With that kind of mentality you will not find the truth.
In other words, to "find the truth", one must open the skull, discard the brain, and automatically accept any new age woo that comes along, despite a complete lack of objective, unambiguous evidence to support its claims.

Good luck with your belief in a "god" that you can't even figure out how to describe to someone.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in some states do same sex people have equal righst and freedom ...In most states the religous nazi fascist still hold freedom and equality out of reach.
Hmmm!
But come to think of it, how can people of the same sex be marriage partners?
That is ridiculous, how can they procreate or reproduce?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
If I said that blizzblats come in all shapes, sizes, and forms, would you know any more about what a blizzblat *is* than you did before?
<quoted text>
In other words, to "find the truth", one must open the skull, discard the brain, and automatically accept any new age woo that comes along, despite a complete lack of objective, unambiguous evidence to support its claims.
Good luck with your belief in a "god" that you can't even figure out how to describe to someone.
Good luck with your religion of Scientism and keep worshiping your ego and alter-egos. LOL!

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as they have functioning genitalia, they can reproduce. I can't imagine why you would think they cannot.
Let me just jump ahead a bit...Yes, almost all primate species have demonstrated same sex sexual behavior, along with many, many other species.
So, you are saying that a man can impregnate a man and a woman can impregnate a woman?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not?
Do you think that procreation only happens within the boundaries of marriage?]
May I ask you a side question?
Do you know what a gene is?
I do know what a gene is. Lets face the fact, it is improper for a man to go after a man, it is sexual perversion.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Hmmm!
But come to think of it, how can people of the same sex be marriage partners?
That is ridiculous, how can they procreate or reproduce?
I know you want to paint a picture that depicts heterosexual reproduction as something sacred. However, there are many people who can't take the responsibility of being a parent. So why can't gay couples take that responsibility instead by adopting a child they could nurture?

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Cybele wrote:
Good luck with your religion of Scientism
I don't have any religion, "scientism" or otherwise.

I guess you seem to think that people can't get through life successfully without a religion. Too bad you've never tried.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
it is improper for a man to go after a man,
Who decides whether or not it is "improper"?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
...and you stay out of my discussions! I won't have you co-opting my logic or distracting weasels from putting their image where their mouth is.
Then you must be out of your mind, because this is a public forum for all.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have any religion, "scientism" or otherwise.
I guess you seem to think that people can't get through life successfully without a religion. Too bad you've never tried.
I have tried. But it didn't make sense.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Then you must be out of your mind, because this is a public forum for all.
My discussions never were within the grasp of your mind. Go find a corner to go practice parting the sea in.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you define what is anti-social in the forums. Who makes all these stupid rules?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you want to paint a picture that depicts heterosexual reproduction as something sacred. However, there are many people who can't take the responsibility of being a parent. So why can't gay couples take that responsibility instead by adopting a child they could nurture?
I see. But really it is not an ideal practice, it is sexual perversion.
A couple( man and woman) can decide not to give birth to children, instead they prefer adoption.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Something doesn't have to be mentioned in the U.S. Constitution in order to be a right. And the U.S. Supreme Court has already declared marriage to be a right.
<quoted text>
Only if heterosexuality is also described as a medical condition.
<quoted text>
In other words, because of your homophobia, you automatically reject any scientific study that shows that children raised by same-sex parents turn out just as well as those raised by opposite-sex parents.
<quoted text>
And the unmarried are "unfairly taxed" in what way?
And while we're at it, what do you think about the *topic* of this thread? Or are you just here to spout off your homophobia?
You'd think that people would stay on topic, but no, they have to drone on and on with their same old rhetoric, even though they claim that they won't. I don't answer claims that I've dismissed before. You haven't introduced anything new. You're just dismissing everything that was stated already and re-reciting your name-calling big lie. Yep! Just like a Creationist!

So why do you hang out at an Evolution vs. Creationism thread? Interested in Science, looking to bond with science minded people or just projecting your own kind of "experimentation" onto others?

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Cybele wrote:
And yet you define what is anti-social in the forums.
The dictionary defines what "anti-social" means, and I gave an example of such behavior from this thread.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what is the essence of men, women and children?
If men are going after men likewise women, how can there be continuity of human race?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>My discussions never were within the grasp of your mind. Go find a corner to go practice parting the sea in.
You are again between the devil and the deep blue sea( dilemma).
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
With that kind of mentality you will not find the truth. You just want to be an antagonist. That can be self-destructing. So if that's the route you want to take, by all means, be it. No one is stopping you. You still fill the void of life.
No, that's the opposite of scientific method. It kind of reminds me of the old "Planet of the Apes" TV show, where the ape insists that you must plow up the hill so you can give the horse a rest as you plow down the hill. First, the logic has no bearing on the second law of thermodynamics. Second, downhill furrows cause erosion.

Scientific method isn't about what feels good. It's one hundred percent absolutely about the provable. If the statistics favor something but it's not absolute, you can adjust your theory or refine your test, but you can't just ignore the exceptions and insist on something that may just be a manifestation of your own prejudices.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I have tried. But it didn't make sense.
That's probably because we don't have all the answers.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are again between the devil and the deep blue sea( dilemma).
You are between a dog biscuit and bituminous coal.(utter nonsense!)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 66,621 - 66,640 of106,338
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••