Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
66,401 - 66,420 of 113,230 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Zionism? That is bs. Our interest in Israel is not really about the Jews. It is about Moral Majority types who really could care less about the Jews (as non Christians the Jews are destined for hell anyway in their religious ideology) but for religious reasons they still support the state of Israel. Even more than the American Jews. A rather bipolar worldview.
No reason to blame it on Jewish zionists or the Israel lobby.
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/ 2012/04/05/jews

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Zionism? That is bs. Our interest in Israel is not really about the Jews. It is about Moral Majority types who really could care less about the Jews (as non Christians the Jews are destined for hell anyway in their religious ideology) but for religious reasons they still support the state of Israel. Even more than the American Jews. A rather bipolar worldview.
Ofcourse. But they are gradually getting the orientation presently.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a look at this:
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/05/jews

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>

I have a friend who's medical research is on how to increase fertility in eggs used to make test tube babies :)
Really? Is it natural process or does one have to take hormone shots?

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Take a look at this:
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/05/jews
It's more like politics. Politicians are Pro-Israel. Nothing to do with Jesus.

“I write too fast”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

Hurry up!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Is it natural process or does one have to take hormone shots?
Well, he's a medical researcher, so he's looking at how certain drugs affect eggs and fertility. So far, he hasn't found anything. Sucks to be him.

However, if you're doing the whole test tube thing, and you're a woman, there's lots of injections required.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he's a medical researcher, so he's looking at how certain drugs affect eggs and fertility. So far, he hasn't found anything. Sucks to be him.
That would be an interesting subject as I studied pharmacology. lol
Are you talking about narcotics or prescription drugs?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
It's more like politics. Politicians are Pro-Israel. Nothing to do with Jesus.
The land of Israel presently, is a testimony of Jesus existence and the biblical stories.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The land of Israel presently, is a testimony of Jesus existence and the biblical stories.
Watch the videos on you tube called "Ring of Power"

“I write too fast”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

Hurry up!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be an interesting subject as I studied pharmacology. lol
Are you talking about narcotics or prescription drugs?
Prescription. No, I don't know the drugs, sorry. He's just trying to demonstrate that some new drug and method can increase fertility. Unfortunately for him, his results were negative. I personally think that's great, it needs to be published, too, but he's not happy and is just running more tests...

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch the videos on you tube called "Ring of Power"
We have so many videos in the world, some are true while some are false.
I don't see any politics in that land called Israel,
because it was initially a non arable land, until the Jews did their home work.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

The land of Israel is a land with little or no importance until the Jews transformed it.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The land of Israel presently, is a testimony of Jesus existence and the biblical stories.
To Date!!

Who let you back on the public library system anyway? Aren't you on some kind of quest for the Lady of the Lake or something? You should head on over to Israel. It's to the east. You can't miss it.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>To Date!!
Who let you back on the public library system anyway? Aren't you on some kind of quest for the Lady of the Lake or something? You should head on over to Israel. It's to the east. You can't miss it.
You don't have an idea of what you are talking about.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Of course, people who try to hijack threads for purposes other than the topic of the thread are certainly acting in an anti-social way, don't you think?
Cybele wrote:
You are giving a different meaning to anti-social
Different in what way?

Don't you think it takes judgment to determine if someone else's argument is illogical and contains logical fallacies?
Cybele wrote:
No you are not using your 'own' judgement but following a set of rules for logical arguments.
How would one go about determining *how* the rules apply without using judgment?
Cybele wrote:
We can't apply those set of rules in every type of argument.
Why not?

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
Of course, people who try to hijack threads for purposes other than the topic of the thread are certainly acting in an anti-social way, don't you think?
<quoted text>
Different in what way?
Don't you think it takes judgment to determine if someone else's argument is illogical and contains logical fallacies?
<quoted text>
How would one go about determining *how* the rules apply without using judgment?
<quoted text>
Why not?
First of all, not all arguments are formal, so certain rules don't apply. If you think you are using judgement by pointing out fallacies, it's not really your own. You're just identifying them.

definition of judgement:

"the forming of an opinion, estimate, notion, or conclusion, as from circumstances presented to the mind."

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we will never run out of oil. It will just keep getting more and more expensive. It will eventually get priced off of the market. Though that will not happen for a while. As the price goes up and technology improves what used to be unretrievable will become economical. Even if oil cost $100.00 a gallon there are some uses of it that will still be of value. Driving a car probably will be not one of them at that point.
True enough. I took the cheap way out by using "run out" rather than a paragraph.

;-)

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Why not?
Cybele wrote:
First of all, not all arguments are formal, so certain rules don't apply.
Which rules don't apply, and why don't they?
Cybele wrote:
If you think you are using judgement by pointing out fallacies, it's not really your own. You're just identifying them.
definition of judgement:
"the forming of an opinion, estimate, notion, or conclusion, as from circumstances presented to the mind."
If you form an opinion that a person's argument fits into the category of a particular logical fallacy, how is that not judgment?

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone meant to say something figuratively speaking and not literally then they are not fallacies. If someone's using sense of humor is another example.
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
If you form an opinion that a person's argument fits into the category of a particular logical fallacy, how is that not judgment?
I never said it wasn't. I said before that I usually use my 'own' sound judgement instead of pointing out fallacies.

Do you have a topic you want to talk about other than argue about arguments?

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
If someone meant to say something figuratively speaking and not literally then they are not fallacies. If someone's using sense of humor is another example.
Can you point to a posting I made where I applied a rule of logic when the other poster was clearly engaged in being figurative or humorous?

Cybele wrote:
I never said it wasn't.
You didn't claim that I wasn't using judgment when I formed an opinion that someone else's argument was using a logical fallacy?

Cybele wrote:
Do you have a topic you want to talk about other than argue about arguments?
Yes, let's talk about evolution vs. creationism, the actual topic of this thread. Where do you stand on that issue?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Evolution Debate Forum right now

Search the Evolution Debate Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The Universe is fine-tuned for life 13 min In Six Days 458
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 27 min TurkanaBoy 134,613
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 30 min MikeF 171,581
Why do half of Britons not believe in evolution? 50 min MikeF 47
art & intelligence (Mar '11) 8 hr THE LONE WORKER 68
Evolution debate vote (Mar '09) 8 hr THE LONE WORKER 3,391
GOP House candidate Bob Frey believes dinosaurs... 10 hr The Dude 25
•••
•••