Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
65,961 - 65,980 of 113,012 Comments Last updated 17 min ago

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70176
Jan 6, 2013
 
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you every reason to explain yourself about choosing to call a Asperger's patient "evil". You didn't think that was necessary so it escalated. Are you going to make that assertion again?
You didn't, I have the exchange and you went on a knee jerk rant.

I already explained that I had no idea of any mental illness possesses by the shooter. You didn't ask about that at the time, you just assumed an went on.

I think the shooter was evil based on the very reasons I supplied previously. If you hadn't informed me about his condition, I would have eventually found out about it in the paper, but it would not have changed my mind. We can go on and on about this and no doubt you would.

You really like to consider yourself above things, but your previous exchange with me shows me otherwise. I actually read your posts and asked questions. You skimmed mine, made errors in comprehending what I said and then drew conclusions based on those errors.

I am not trying to rehash anything. I am comfortable with my assessment and position. I am merely pointing out that you are attacking someone by claiming the same offense you perpetrated on me. Would you prefer I be dishonest and not mention it. You really work hard to come out on top no matter the stablility of your position. A very Alpha male quality if you don't mind my saying.

As to going off topic, I was enjoying your exchange with Cybele about company politics and work. I found your comments interesting and insightful.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70177
Jan 6, 2013
 
Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
But like someone said on another post...
If this random soup is created in a lab...all it prooves is 'intellegent design'...
And randomn soup, is not enough to produce the enviornment we have on this planet...
The variety of life...the opposite sex dynamics...
Life cannot exist without an enviornment in which to live or thrive...
What happens if you place one plant on the moon...without oxygenated soil, without other plants to polinate with?
It will simply die...
Look at all the various species put here, simply to be apart of a greater ecosphere...
Life on earth is a team effort...
It was all done deliberatly by a master designer or bio-engineer...or creator...
Fallacious statements abound.

1. It was not random, but it does not appear to be planned or "guided."
2. Reproducing natural environments proves that it can happen naturally.
3. The plant would freeze to death before any of that would happen.
4. You made the assertion, where is your evidence? If you cannot present evidence then your assertion is about as worthless as potting soil in the ocean.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70178
Jan 6, 2013
 
Time and Space wrote:
Anyone who studies DNA and RNA strands, and chromozones...and studies the complexity of it all...the protiens...the codes...
Knows that it is not randomn...it's all deliberate...
Birds with yellow feathers...deliberate...
Frogs...deliberate....
Honey bees to polinate the fruit...deliberate...
Quit allowing your hostility towards the Christian narrative blind you to the fact that there is a creator...an intellegent designer, who planted, seeded, life on earth...
Many non-random things are not planned. We call it physics.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70179
Jan 6, 2013
 
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you every reason to explain yourself about choosing to call a Asperger's patient "evil". You didn't think that was necessary so it escalated. Are you going to make that assertion again?
You had no business to give me reasons to explain myself even though I did. You skipped over admitting that you butted into another conversation without really being clear on what you read. My guess was that you skimmed, saw a key word that triggers meaning for you, went into your sermon about mental illness and started labelling me. When I called you on it, you crawfished and tried hard to put it back on me.

You are doing much the same with Drew.

Just a point to clear up. Are you saying someone diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome can't be evil? What about people diagnosed with mental illness of another sort? Are you saying that only people free of mental illness can be evil? Help me out here anonymous in Akron. I can't know to avoid the line if you don't tell me where you drew it.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70180
Jan 6, 2013
 
anonymous wrote:
Trolling!
Yes, you are.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70181
Jan 6, 2013
 
Cybele wrote:
I'm not Native American and not from south of the border. lol!
You do realize that you're being an enabler for anonymous. He says that it's wrong to post off-topic in this thread, and yet you are encouraging him.

Instead, you should help him return to the thread's topic, which is evolution vs. creation.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70182
Jan 6, 2013
 
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that you're being an enabler for anonymous. He says that it's wrong to post off-topic in this thread, and yet you are encouraging him.
Instead, you should help him return to the thread's topic, which is evolution vs. creation.
are you anti-social? Is that your phobia?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70183
Jan 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You had no business to give me reasons to explain myself even though I did. You skipped over admitting that you butted into another conversation without really being clear on what you read. My guess was that you skimmed, saw a key word that triggers meaning for you, went into your sermon about mental illness and started labelling me. When I called you on it, you crawfished and tried hard to put it back on me.
You are doing much the same with Drew.
Just a point to clear up. Are you saying someone diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome can't be evil? What about people diagnosed with mental illness of another sort? Are you saying that only people free of mental illness can be evil? Help me out here anonymous in Akron. I can't know to avoid the line if you don't tell me where you drew it.
You never explained why you considered it acceptable to judge a mentally handicapped person as evil.

As I remember it, you were making some vague commentary about the evil in the world today, which wasn't too on topic itself, and I pointed out that you were condemning a person with Asperger's and you fairly well said that that didn't matter. Evil is evil!

Anyway, if you don't see a line there, I don't think explaining will matter. I'll tell you what I think though. This whole thing is about saving face. If you were confident in your convictions, you would have been able to walk away. If Drew was confident in his sense of legal authority, he would be able to walk away.

Too bad. I'm walking away. You claim that such is what you want, so let it go, or go save face with someone else. I'm not playing your game. I'm not here to negotiate. If you have a point to debate, debate it. Don't keep carrying on like your opinions or mine will carry any kind of weight with Washington, but only if one person can plant the flag of righteousness on this glorious field of battle. Sheesh!

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70184
Jan 6, 2013
 
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Many non-random things are not planned. We call it physics.
Prove it

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70185
Jan 6, 2013
 
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>You never explained why you considered it acceptable to judge a mentally handicapped person as evil.
As I remember it, you were making some vague commentary about the evil in the world today, which wasn't too on topic itself, and I pointed out that you were condemning a person with Asperger's and you fairly well said that that didn't matter. Evil is evil!
Anyway, if you don't see a line there, I don't think explaining will matter. I'll tell you what I think though. This whole thing is about saving face. If you were confident in your convictions, you would have been able to walk away. If Drew was confident in his sense of legal authority, he would be able to walk away.
Too bad. I'm walking away. You claim that such is what you want, so let it go, or go save face with someone else. I'm not playing your game. I'm not here to negotiate. If you have a point to debate, debate it. Don't keep carrying on like your opinions or mine will carry any kind of weight with Washington, but only if one person can plant the flag of righteousness on this glorious field of battle. Sheesh!
See you are trying to avoid answering my questions by attacking me. The point, rather than saving your own face, is did you or did you not interrupt an ongoing discussion with an unwarranted and unsubstiated attack. The answer is YES.

Are you accusing Drew of doing the same thing you did? The answer is YES.

You have a very difficult time with being wrong. I understand I do too, but you keep entering into situations where you are wrong and not learning from it. It is that detrimental to your ego to lose an argument where you are wrong on an anonymous site?

You can continue attacking me for what I wrote, but it isn't the current argument.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70186
Jan 6, 2013
 
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
are you anti-social? Is that your phobia?
Keep in mind that I knew that it would provoke them to carry on a polite dialog with you. I wouldn't use you to make them feel less manly in the eyes of all these important people! In all honesty, I wasn't entirely sure if I would have made you annoyed if I didn't let you indulge your off-topic moment, which we all have, and as long as we get back on topic, life goes on.

I consider it a learning experience to observe people's hidden obsessions. Unfortunately, these aren't particularly unique or new from where I'm standing. My obsession? Since I know that will be the next rebuttal, it's a bit of an experiment for me to confront the political rhetoric of the two parties. I figure that both sides won't see their bad behavior once they are personally involved, so.... this is more about the bystanders.

Interesting results, but the debate was over before it began. And yes, I'm being smart-@ss analytical to excess because that brings out the best of the "you think you're so...yada, yada." They talk more about what they really think when you've got an evil nemesis thing going on!

Anyway, don't feel that you're on trial. Do your own thing.:)

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70187
Jan 6, 2013
 
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>You never explained why you considered it acceptable to judge a mentally handicapped person as evil.
As I remember it, you were making some vague commentary about the evil in the world today, which wasn't too on topic itself, and I pointed out that you were condemning a person with Asperger's and you fairly well said that that didn't matter. Evil is evil!
Anyway, if you don't see a line there, I don't think explaining will matter. I'll tell you what I think though. This whole thing is about saving face. If you were confident in your convictions, you would have been able to walk away. If Drew was confident in his sense of legal authority, he would be able to walk away.
Too bad. I'm walking away. You claim that such is what you want, so let it go, or go save face with someone else. I'm not playing your game. I'm not here to negotiate. If you have a point to debate, debate it. Don't keep carrying on like your opinions or mine will carry any kind of weight with Washington, but only if one person can plant the flag of righteousness on this glorious field of battle. Sheesh!
Wow, you can spin a yarn. I never said it didn't matter at the point you attacked me. I was confused at that time, because you hadn't mentioned that the shooter was mentally ill. However, despite his alledged illness, I still maintain that he was willfully engaged in an evil act. He took measures to obtain resources. He covered his tracks to prevent what I believe now to be the possibility of escape. He, with malice of forethought, shot his unarmed, 6 year old victims multiple times to make sure they were dead. Unless, you can show me that a person with Asperger's syndrome does not know right from wrong and is normally this dangerous, I say he is evil. Not people with Asperger's. I never said that and you can lie all you want, but the evidence of our posts backs me up.

Again, this is all strawman, smoke and mirrors to avoid owning up to your own mistakes and hypocrisy.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70188
Jan 6, 2013
 
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>See you are trying to avoid answering my questions by attacking me. The point, rather than saving your own face, is did you or did you not interrupt an ongoing discussion with an unwarranted and unsubstiated attack. The answer is YES.
Are you accusing Drew of doing the same thing you did? The answer is YES.
You have a very difficult time with being wrong. I understand I do too, but you keep entering into situations where you are wrong and not learning from it. It is that detrimental to your ego to lose an argument where you are wrong on an anonymous site?
You can continue attacking me for what I wrote, but it isn't the current argument.
I already told you, you attacked a handicapped person. You didn't like the same to happen to you, did you? Still no line?

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70189
Jan 6, 2013
 
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that you're being an enabler for anonymous. He says that it's wrong to post off-topic in this thread, and yet you are encouraging him.
Instead, you should help him return to the thread's topic, which is evolution vs. creation.
Drew, I don't know completely what your argument with this guy is, but having been jumped by him in the past, I am not surprised by the tactics being used. He is intelligent, but he can't stand to be shown that he is wrong. He has a tendency not to read your post but to focus on some, key to him, phrasing and then draw conclusions on that. If you jumped into an exchange between him and someone else, that is between you two, not that it is unusual here. But I dislike the hypocrisy of his getting onto you for that, when he did the same to me.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70190
Jan 6, 2013
 
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I already told you, you attacked a handicapped person. You didn't like the same to happen to you, did you? Still no line?
I didn't attack a handicapped person. This is just another lie you feel comfortable in saying to make me look bad. You are still avoiding the questions. You can't admit any wrongdoing on your part. You are just the same as anyone you rail against. There is nothing different about your strategy than the most hardened evangelical. You complain about alpha males, and then use bullying, misinformation, lies and strongarm tactics to beat any dissenters down. You sure you are not a evangelical Christian, ex football player?

So, basically, you can jump into a conversation you are not a part of, but others cannot. You can call others wrong without much or any evidence, but even when they have evidence, they cannot call you wrong. When they do, you don't have to ask questions or provide evidence, you can just start accusing them of being horrible people.

Those are the rules you want on here. Just as long as we both know your rules. Seems pretty one sided to me, but what do I know. I have a diagnosed mental illness and can't be held responsible for my words or actions.

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70191
Jan 6, 2013
 
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Fallacious statements abound.
1. It was not random, but it does not appear to be planned or "guided."
2. Reproducing natural environments proves that it can happen naturally.
3. The plant would freeze to death before any of that would happen.
4. You made the assertion, where is your evidence? If you cannot present evidence then your assertion is about as worthless as potting soil in the ocean.
Don't play that game with me...

On the contrary...where is your evidence that life can sprout on it's own, out of rocks?

It can't...

How can rocks suddenly code themselves with millions of messages and genes?

You have no evidence of dead matter, suddenly deciding to create life on it's own...with the complexities involved...

Quit resisting...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70192
Jan 6, 2013
 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dna

give me evidence that this advance code can come randomly from a dead rock...

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70193
Jan 6, 2013
 
Time and Space wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D na
give me evidence that this advance code can come randomly from a dead rock...
rocks are not dead!

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70194
Jan 6, 2013
 
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
rocks are not dead!
Pardon? What do you mean?

Long live Rock!

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70195
Jan 6, 2013
 
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Pardon? What do you mean?
Long live Rock!
They have energy. They are just more stable than other forms of matter. Hard Rock!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••