Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
65,821 - 65,840 of 115,062 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#70069 Jan 5, 2013
Time and Space wrote:
life did not simply evolve, invent itself, out of dead matter
Because...?

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#70070 Jan 5, 2013
Time and Space wrote:
The process has to be started and generated by a creator...
Who created the creator?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#70071 Jan 5, 2013
We can't count all the stars, but neither can you count all the grains of sand on Daytona beech.or all the cells that are in our makeup, but the one that made them can.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#70072 Jan 5, 2013
The Bible tells us that God has a record book of everyone and I would think he has a record of everything.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#70073 Jan 5, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>OK, and then there was light, we agree.
Of course the order is wrong in Genesis.

And cosmology is a different science from evolution. Why are you moving the goal posts so far? That was about 13 billion years in the past. The evolution that you and yours object to most heavily occurred in the last 2 million years. That is a difference of well over a thousand times as much time.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#70074 Jan 5, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
“If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?”
was thinking abut that one earier today...lol
There might be a few variables, of "plasticity" to think about on that one.
The again-mm, not many really.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#70075 Jan 5, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the order is wrong in Genesis.
And cosmology is a different science from evolution. Why are you moving the goal posts so far? That was about 13 billion years in the past. The evolution that you and yours object to most heavily occurred in the last 2 million years. That is a difference of well over a thousand times as much time.
There was a beginning and this is explained in the Bible. The Spirit of God moved upon water and that was the very start.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#70076 Jan 5, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>There was a beginning and this is explained in the Bible. The Spirit of God moved upon water and that was the very start.
But ... water didn't exist until after planets did.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#70077 Jan 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
But ... water didn't exist until after planets did.
The earth was made from water.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#70078 Jan 5, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The earth was made from water.
Okay, you are certifiable. The Earth was made from the heavy elements spewed from a dying star. The elements collected into asteroids, the asteroid into the planetoid ... and eventually enough collected to form the planet.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#70079 Jan 5, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The earth was made from water.
No. There is only a very thin film of water on the surface of the Earth.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#70080 Jan 5, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>There was a beginning and this is explained in the Bible. The Spirit of God moved upon water and that was the very start.
Umm, no.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#70081 Jan 5, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a credible source, please post the ORIGINAL origin.(as in why bother WASTING time and "rewriting" MUCH of what has ALREADY been written).
I figured that'd rile a few birdbrian feathers like yewrs--and here's my response to it-the "God Particle" was a BETTER choice.
No good sense in "damning" and cussing about something, just because it hasn't been figured out yet :-).
Lazy bastard.

Randerson, James (June 30, 2008). "Father of the 'God Particle'"

Here's the actual quote: "He wanted to refer to it as that 'goddamn particle' and his editor wouldn't let him," says Higgs.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#70082 Jan 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Lazy bastard.
Randerson, James (June 30, 2008). "Father of the 'God Particle'"
Here's the actual quote: "He wanted to refer to it as that 'goddamn particle' and his editor wouldn't let him," says Higgs.
Smart editor then...reiterate-no use of getting all cussy in vanity about something just 'cuz ya aint got it figured out yet lol.

Wouldn't have been as good for sales either-would've trashed it down quite a few levels, and the impact of the depth of it all, wouldn't have been the same...except for the blaring FACT, that they still "don't know" :-).
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#70083 Jan 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, you are certifiable. The Earth was made from the heavy elements spewed from a dying star. The elements collected into asteroids, the asteroid into the planetoid ... and eventually enough collected to form the planet.
Kinda like the one they're watching 450 mil light years away now?

Maybe...maybe not...they're still working on it all!

(Hydrogen is the most abundant and lightest of all the elements. It is usually found bound to other elements and can be extracted from different materials such as natural gas, methanol, coal and water.)

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#70084 Jan 5, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda like the one they're watching 450 mil light years away now?
Maybe...maybe not...they're still working on it all!
(Hydrogen is the most abundant and lightest of all the elements. It is usually found bound to other elements and can be extracted from different materials such as natural gas, methanol, coal and water.)
As young as the universe, it is only natural that hydrogen would still be the most common element. Until it is split in the stars, or other nuclear reactions, it cannot change to any other element. The rest of the elements are like star poo, or star corpses, thus until the formation of stars begins to dwindle it will likely be that hydrogen remains the dominant element, that's fully expected.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

#70085 Jan 5, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The Bible tells us that God has a record book of everyone and I would think he has a record of everything.
Do you think He has a computer nowadays??

Gotta' keep up with the times.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#70086 Jan 5, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think He has a computer nowadays??
Gotta' keep up with the times.
A book is usually defined as a written work that is bound and covered. The Bible tells us that even the number of hairs on our head are know by God, so I think he remembers as well as records things.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#70087 Jan 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Chemical reactions occur without guidance, without the need for any "designer," all natural science is based on this. Chemists use this fact as well, aluminum is also metallurgy, not chemistry, it's refining the metals in the rock and then mixing them, like soup. No chemical reactions there, actually.
You are clueless.

99% of mass of an atom is concentrated in the nucleus, and that the positively charged proton and negatively charged electron are bounded to the nucleus by 'electromagnetic force.'

Where does FORCE come from? My guess is, it's in the core of everything just like the nucleus of an atom.

If there was no guidance in chemical reactions, then 'why' would such electromagnetic force produce positive and negative properties that would later produce matter?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#70088 Jan 6, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
True Lies?...(lol)
there's a positive and negative meaning to that! lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 3 hr Dogen 136,240
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 3 hr Aura Mytha 172,496
Genetic 'Adam' and 'Eve' Uncovered - live science (Sep '13) 7 hr susanblange 292
Science News (Sep '13) 10 hr positronium 2,848
Evolution Theory Facing Crisis 12 hr TedHOhio 165
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism Wed Zog Has-fallen 343
Natural Selection Not The Only Process That Dri... (Jan '14) Aug 25 reMAAT 20
When Will Evolutionists Confess Their Atheistic... (Feb '14) Aug 14 The Dude 1,831
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••