Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#69705 Jan 2, 2013
Why is it that SCUMB seems to be drawn to my posts???? I am so right and HOLY..........I have intelligence from High Education..........I have lots of life experience, yet the SMALL MINDS seem to address me? Why? I am the educated one...THE ONE WITH DEGREES!

Level 1

Location hidden

#69706 Jan 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So your god is money? Well, that does exist.
Yes we have the MONEY!$$$$$

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#69707 Jan 2, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
"What sex am I?"
"Bidentity Crisis"
What's your name?
"Just call me a Kade"
Do you have a boyfriend?
"Hourou Musuko"
"She's a Boy I knew"
Watch out these voices in your head might be harmful. But they make good trans movies! lol
http://www.imdb.com/keyword/transgender/
Why would I care about those?

Level 1

Location hidden

#69708 Jan 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying your claim is not a claim, you made a claim, it's you who must provide evidence. But then I suspect you are just a liar. Prove you are not lying about your god existing.
FREAKSHOW.........Loose some weight first........you are well over 200 LBS. You will think more clearly Freak. You claim there is no God, I say that there is..........How did you get here? From a jetboat?? I know how I got here.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69709 Jan 2, 2013
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
FREAKSHOW.........Loose some weight first........you are well over 200 LBS. You will think more clearly Freak. You claim there is no God, I say that there is..........How did you get here? From a jetboat?? I know how I got here.
I wish I was that big. I made no claim that there is no god, I just reject your claim of a specific god.

You cling to the god delusion because you want to pretend to know something you don't without ever doing any work to earn that credential. So you are twice a liar until you can prove your god exists.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69710 Jan 2, 2013
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a pretty useless god then.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#69711 Jan 2, 2013
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

Matthew 19:24 (KJV)

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69712 Jan 2, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."
I'm wagering he's a troll Poe.

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#69713 Jan 2, 2013
Makesure100 wrote:
Why is it that SCUMB seems to be drawn to my posts???? I am so right and HOLY..........I have intelligence from High Education..........I have lots of life experience, yet the SMALL MINDS seem to address me? Why? I am the educated one...THE ONE WITH DEGREES!
It is our little friend Makesure. Upon these Topix threads he must indure his faith in man he doth abjure. How can he be so pure, yet remain off limits and obscure? Is he a foil and nothing more? He will not bend, his mission he remains objure.

Yet within this dark wood he doth blunder. While spreading this love of peace up yonder. The love, the mercy, his heart doth surrender. With the gentleness of blunt force trauma. Heed his words of wisdom he does proffer. Unless you get a better offer.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#69714 Jan 2, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>It is our little friend Makesure. Upon these Topix threads he must indure his faith in man he doth abjure. How can he be so pure, yet remain off limits and obscure? Is he a foil and nothing more? He will not bend, his mission he remains objure.
Yet within this dark wood he doth blunder. While spreading this love of peace up yonder. The love, the mercy, his heart doth surrender. With the gentleness of blunt force trauma. Heed his words of wisdom he does proffer. Unless you get a better offer.
Sorry, "endure."

Level 9

founded in facts.

#69715 Jan 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm wagering he's a troll Poe.
I was wondering if we didn't have a scientologist in our midst.

What does the acronymn Poe stand for again?

Level 9

founded in facts.

#69716 Jan 2, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
It has come to me that he may be more interested in entering your bank account than concerned about entering heaven.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

#69717 Jan 3, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
It's not an acronym.
It's named after an Internet user named Poe.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#69718 Jan 3, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not an acronym.
I see. Thanks. I found a reference to Poe's Law regarding the inability to distinguish religion from religiuos parody on the web.

That does sound like what Kitten was making reference to and now that I think about it, Makesure...well it could go either way.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69719 Jan 3, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I was wondering if we didn't have a scientologist in our midst.
I don't recall any acronym, however it's a take on a writer who did satire through exaggerated emulation.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69720 Jan 3, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I see. Thanks. I found a reference to Poe's Law regarding the inability to distinguish religion from religiuos parody on the web.
That does sound like what Kitten was making reference to and now that I think about it, Makesure...well it could go either way.
That's the irony of it, with religious people it's always a toss up. It's just too hard to exaggerate that kind of stupid, especially for creationists.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#69721 Jan 3, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Nicely supported answer.
Thank you
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69722 Jan 3, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not an acronym.
Also sometimes "pinnacle of evil"

The concept is the same. By nature, you can't tell a troll from the real deal, I guess because denial and perpetual annoyance produce the same results.

I like the poetry response. When you've got lemons, make lemonade!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69723 Jan 3, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
I see that you missed the fact that a *majority* of Americans believe that same-sex couples should have their marriages given legal recognition. Not merely as "civil unions", but as *marriages*.
The trends are *not* going in your homophobic favor.
<quoted text>
Delusion is when you ignore trends.
And yet, a significant majority of states don't recognize gay marriage, many of which actually have incorporated specific wording into their state Constitutions defining marriage as between a man and a woman. You've cooked your books. The only trend I'm seeing is tiny-weenie New England states, the ones who don't have a lot of other minorities in them, doing Gay marriage. That says something in itself as I see it, a liberal litmus test.

Momentum is a dubious thing. There was momentum in favor of the American NAZI party up until we got into WW2. The country is avoiding a problem, not solving one at this time. That problem is one of economics, and you're just walk-ons.

I believe that discrimination protection is always the result of flawed government, that that flaw is economics in that it is based on excess consumption of resources and unchecked reproduction. Reproduction is encouraged to increase the labor force at the expense of the well being of the workers.

Discrimination protection is VERY expensive. It will be the first to go, but before that, war is likely to happen, either due to economic failure in other countries, or by the same within. Either way, the last thing the aristocracy will tolerate is big mouths rocking the boat and disrupting their nationalism campaign.

Disrupting propaganda and not keeping secrets except your own is about all that you do. Too bad. What I predict is something on the order of a pogrom against you and yours. But you're going to do what you do anyway. They're going to do what they do anyway. The world is already in an overstimulated state. The train wreck is going to happen. We're living in a Quentin Tarantino film, and that is how the incomprehensible things like Nazism happen.

You don't appreciate the moral detachment that I feel other than to protect my own interests which are my own business. If I seem like a gay basher, it is because you're an obstruction. I would see our government on the side of the good guys when chaos happens, but you and yours are likely to prevent that. No matter how the aristocracy fall in line, you're destined to take others down with you. You're on your own!

Hang on tight to your statistics! It may become a rocky ride!

Level 5

Taizhou, China

#69724 Jan 3, 2013
Dan from Smithville, have you ever seen the Banana Man video?
The guy argues in favor of Intelligent Design on the grounds that bananas fit perfectly in our hand and can be eaten neatly.
Therefore, God must have had our species in mind when he made bananas.
(Never mind the fact that bananas have undergone extensive breeding, and that what we buy in the store is a far cry from bananas in the wild state.)

The first time I saw that video, I thought he wsa an Evolutionists making fun of Creationists.
Imagine my surprise when I learned that he was serious.

When I was in Korea, I was served a crab for the first time.
I had trouble getting any meat out of the thing.
In another E-C thread, I suggested this as a rebuttal of the Banana Man argument.
Another Evolutionist wrote back that a Creationist could reject that argument on the grounds that crabs weren't kosher.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How would creationists explain... 5 min The Dude 304
Science News (Sep '13) 1 hr positronium 2,943
Genetic entropy 16 hr Discord 159
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) 18 hr Wally West 3
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... Thu The Dude 466
What you should know about Tuesday's vote on ev... (Feb '08) Wed IAMIOOWAN 516
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) Wed Brian_G 13,614
More from around the web