Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#69508 Jan 1, 2013
anonymous wrote:
The opinion of the court is all that matters?
In a court of law, yes.
anonymous wrote:
Wow! That is vigilantism. The conservatives are right!
Who do they think makes decisions in a court of law, if not the court?
anonymous wrote:
So, where does "legal next-of-kin" mean anything other than a financial contract?
As in having the right to make medical decisions.
anonymous wrote:
People are "handing out" tax breaks, and with legal recognition of homosexuality as a "normal condition", a lot more through inevitable social engineering programs.
*What* "social engineering" programs?
anonymous wrote:
It won't be long before the majority are people who don't get married because both the liberal and conservative parties are only interested in enslaving everyone with legal obligations through marriage.
So you see marriage as "enslavement"?
anonymous wrote:
Stop sounding like Charles Idemi, demanding gay marriage as a Constitutional right when it isn't.
When did Idemi do that?
anonymous wrote:
The word marriage is not mentioned once in the Constitution.
But other things that have an impact on marriage law are.
anonymous wrote:
Most judges hate to go out on a limb. You can bet that the Supreme Court isn't going to act until Congress does
You would have lost that bet in the case of Loving v. Virginia.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#69509 Jan 1, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a strange definition of "fact" but I don't prove negatives!
...or is this turning into a Monty Python argument skit?
Actually, I misread your post initially lol.

FACT-REAL Truth on the topic would say- We do NOT know...because ANYTHING else would be a LIE.

(and expereince has shown me...too much negative..is NOT good for people...not at all...and those who only wish to try and "shove" their own negetives down others throats, I find to be rather "e-VILE" in "nature".

As in-EWE-TOXIN alert!
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#69510 Jan 1, 2013
MIDutch wrote:
<quoted text>
If one does, it certainly won't be like anything described in the bronze age collection of goat herder myths, fables and fairy tales known as the Bible. NO higher cosmic intelligence could be that stupid.
<quoted text>
This is true. There do seem to be LOTS of people who prefer "living" in the 14th century and remaining willfully ignorant of the VAST amount of science that is known.
BTW, the VAST majority of the world's scientists and populace DO accept the scientific validity of the ToE.
and as for the rest of your post here--I find all that dark age goat herder stuff only slightly useful, like for examples of how NOT to mire through life barbarically UNenlightened.
That, and for the studies of historical civilization as far as insights into-as we know it...thus far anyway!
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#69511 Jan 1, 2013
sickofit wrote:
In 2013 people should get that god is not real..WAKE UP AND THINK YOU RELIGOUS FREAKS.....
You do NOT know that.

In 2013, people should WAKE up, and stop HATING that which thye do not agree with--as well as stop trying to shove their own beliefs (OR disbeliefs) down anyone else's throats, and act more like civilized adults, rather than petulant CHILDREN, just trying to have their own way, at everyone/anyone else's expense.

“This is the other side”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#69512 Jan 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting ...
http://www.youtube.com/user/kittenkoder
My current project is a video game, I had to learn how to put my artwork into 3D actually, thus that entire channel's existence, I was practicing sculpting on a computer in place of using clay or various other materials. I'm a music critique as well, well not a publishing critique, I help musicians who are just starting out by offering them tips on how to improve their quality. Of course I'd rather be the artist, thus my pride and joy, the one video that I finally achieved my goal of sculpting on a digital format:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =57Ozwn7kYwYXX
I also play all woodwinds, was recruited for school band but it never interested me as much as sculpting, if only I got along with the idiotic art teachers that thought only one type of art was actually art. I am a table top gamemaster as well, as in, I create the stories and plots for the players to enjoy. Pretty popular in my heyday, such a high demand players actually paid my rent a lot so I could run more games more often. That was my favorite form of art, the character development and tales we could create.
You should avoid making assumptions, I know it's a habit, but assumptions tend to fail more often than not. Psychoanalysis isn't even accurate all the time, it's only about 75% accurate actually, thus why psychiatry is not a real science.
cool videos...excellent.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#69513 Jan 1, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
You do NOT know that.
In 2013, people should WAKE up, and stop HATING that which thye do not agree with--as well as stop trying to shove their own beliefs (OR disbeliefs) down anyone else's throats, and act more like civilized adults, rather than petulant CHILDREN, just trying to have their own way, at everyone/anyone else's expense.
Yes wish the religous people would shut up and mind there own business and DIE OFF.

“This is the other side”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#69514 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
You do NOT know that.
The system makes more money promoting hatred and violence...it's just a matter of economics...sad but true.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#69515 Jan 1, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes wish the religous people would shut up and mind there own business and DIE OFF.
They would undoubtedly say the same thing about ones like you.

Wouldn't blame them either...the IGNORANCE of haterTIC types (no matter the religion or no-religion affiliations) just SUCK...no matter which side of the haterTIC fences they scumup from lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#69516 Jan 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The system makes more money promoting hatred and violence...it's just a matter of economics...sad but true.
Hense the term "dirty (germy) money"

Rather than honest earned, decent ones.:-)

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#69517 Jan 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
now that's a scary thought.
Let me ask you something.

If religion says it's a sin, science says it's a disease, and art says it's talent, then what is it?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69518 Jan 1, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
In a court of law, yes.
<quoted text>
Who do they think makes decisions in a court of law, if not the court?
<quoted text>
As in having the right to make medical decisions.
<quoted text>
*What* "social engineering" programs?
<quoted text>
So you see marriage as "enslavement"?
<quoted text>
When did Idemi do that?
<quoted text>
But other things that have an impact on marriage law are.
<quoted text>
You would have lost that bet in the case of Loving v. Virginia.
A judge's legal opinion is not an opinion. It's professional interpretation of the law. What matters is the law, not a vigilante opinion. Otherwise, it will just get overturned in a higher court and the vigilante judge will eventually be dismissed.

You can't make medical decisions for a dead person. If you're talking about making medical decisions for someone who is unable to make them for themselves, I don't see that as a problem that can't be resolved by a civil union. It's still a financial decision.

What social engineering programs? The ones you won't get because homosexuality is not a Constitutionally protected condition.

I see marriage under American law as an unconscionable contract. To defend it is to impose a form of permanent servitude that you can call many things, but it amounts to slavery.

Idemi dictates reality in every other post that he posts. But at least he doesn't parse things to an @nal level when he's obviously in the wrong.

Your interpretation of relationships does not matter. What matters is that nothing explicit is in the Constitution. The Constitution is about explicit rights, with a sweeping closing statement where any rights NOT specified in the Constitution are retained by the States or the people. Oops! Darn the fine print! We don't know if marriage is a State thing or a people thing, but it's not a Constitution thing.

I never heard of that case. You seem to collect factoids on the subject, even though you're not from Virginia. This IS personal, isn't it? Well, enough said.

Politics. End of discussion.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69519 Jan 1, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a bigoted statement. I'm an atheist and I don't make sweeping generalizations to the point where all religious people are meddlers who should all die off.

I'm not a fan of mob behavior and keep a very jaded view of religion, but you are a flaming hypocrite.
mee

Whitehall, PA

#69520 Jan 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying "it can't be from" means you are saying you do know, so you contradicted yourself and exposed yourself to be a liar for your god in only a couple sentences. Still not a record, there are some on here who have done that same thing in three words.
I am just expressing my opinion on this subject. I did not contradict myself or am I a liar.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69521 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Nor would I wish you or anyone else too.
That psychoTic type stalker stuff is some SICKO business now.
EWE...EWE and double EWE....(and get away!!)
I can't help but feel that there's a secret code here that eludes me!

Can you throw me a bone if there's something between the lines? I've got different issues than the twenty-something crowd. I don't do Lego bricks or planking!:)
mee

Whitehall, PA

#69522 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Darwin was stymied several times, as a young man, when exploring the islands of the Galapoagos. He missed several key elements (like NO apes do not fall from the sky, OR just materialize out of the ground into ape from) of the evolutionary theories, at that time.
But hey, NO ONE is perfect...that is why there are MANY, MANY others-that have, and will continue to contribute to the still UNKNOWN factors of ALL the theories.
(even if DUHM as ROCKs does seem to best fit our species sometimes lol)
It's always good to explore and find the truth. Maybe in this case man will never know the truth.

Tampa, FL

#69524 Jan 1, 2013
anonymous wrote:
A judge's legal opinion is not an opinion. It's professional interpretation of the law. What matters is the law, not a vigilante opinion. Otherwise, it will just get overturned in a higher court and the vigilante judge will eventually be dismissed.
There *is* no higher court than the United States Supreme Court. When the USSC decided in the case of Loving v. Virginia that states did not have the right to prevent interracial marriages from being recognized, then all state laws (including amendments in state constitutions) that were intended to prevent interracial marriages were automatically rendered null and void.
anonymous wrote:
You can't make medical decisions for a dead person.
You've never heard of organ donation?
anonymous wrote:
If you're talking about making medical decisions for someone who is unable to make them for themselves, I don't see that as a problem that can't be resolved by a civil union.
Why the need for a "civil union" when a *marriage* already deals with it?
anonymous wrote:
It's still a financial decision.
Nope. If a person has two medical options, and money isn't the issue for the two options, then the decision is made on some other basis (such as the likelihood of success or failure). The married partner may be the one making that decision.
anonymous wrote:
What social engineering programs? The ones you won't get because homosexuality is not a Constitutionally protected condition.
Neither is heterosexuality. So what is your point? Who here was claiming that the legal recognition of same-sex marriage would lead to "social engineering programs"?
anonymous wrote:
I see marriage under American law as an unconscionable contract. To defend it is to impose a form of permanent servitude that you can call many things, but it amounts to slavery.
People choose to enter into marriage. And they can choose to leave a marriage. And you call this "slavery"?
anonymous wrote:
We don't know if marriage is a State thing or a people thing, but it's not a Constitution thing.
Tell that to the USSC judges who decided the Loving v. Virginia marriage case on the basis of how they interpreted the U.S. Constitution.
anonymous wrote:
I never heard of that case. You seem to collect factoids on the subject, even though you're not from Virginia.
What state I am from is irrelevant, since the results of Loving v. Virginia were nationwide. It invalidated any and all state laws that barred interracial couples from marrying and having their marriages given legal recognition by every state.

If you've never heard of the case, then you're not exactly sufficiently prepared to debate the USSC's history of legal cases involving marriage.
mee

Whitehall, PA

#69525 Jan 1, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean, like this?
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC050.h...
I don't trust internet links as proof.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#69526 Jan 1, 2013
Even stones are examples of patterns and the agate stone is an aesthetic pattern of crystal cells which impose a recognition of a motif like art in many of the stones that can be seen by most who study them. The design is there to behold.

Tampa, FL

#69527 Jan 1, 2013
mee wrote:
I don't trust internet links as proof.
Why not?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#69528 Jan 1, 2013
The word PATTERN as we have it comes from french "template" and is a type of theme of recurring events or objects, elements or a set of objects. One definition of ART according to writer Alfred North Whitehead is the imposing of a pattern on experience, and our aesthetic enjoyment is recognition of the pattern. If we examine a natural stone such as the agate, we can see that its crystal is a structure of small boxlike cells which are said to contain one or more atoms that are stacked in a crystal system with an axis and rotational symmetry. A pattern is arranged in a particular way and a lattice exhibiting long range order and symmetry is in the mineral crystal struture. The agate is beautiful in its expression of mineral coloring and has significance in the Bible REV 21:19 as chalcedony.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Darwin on the rocks 44 min Dogen 373
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 4 hr Chimney1 138,203
Bobby Jindal: "I'm Not an Evolutionary Biologist" 4 hr Chimney1 381
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism 5 hr Chimney1 719
Monkey VS Man Oct 19 Bluenose 14
Charles Darwin's credentials and Evolution Oct 19 TurkanaBoy 204
There is no scientific evidence whatsoever for ... Oct 17 Discord 431

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE