Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,256)

Showing posts 65,101 - 65,120 of111,958
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
everybody projects...no exceptions
Really? Explain how I am projecting, please.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It is not genetic, it is learned behavior.
First, explanation of this assertion would be nice. Then some corroborating evidence would could seal the deal.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
It is not genetic, it is learned behavior.
Is heterosexuality learned behavior?

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You assume I'm trying to look like a woman. You shouldn't assume, it's a sign of ignorance. I have breasts too, you made another assumption, but breasts prove nothing, as I pointed out, other than I am a mammal. Breasts are for food, not pleasure, also. The sexualization of them is due to infantile tendencies caused by the longing of "good ole days," it's actually a well understood psychological phenomenon. Not all living things, even in the inherently flawed binary reproduction system, have sexual desires of any sort. Nothing is sexual to me, and that's what you are missing. You are applying your own self image onto others around you, and thus become unable to perceive of anything different than you. Commonly it is called projection, the term in a psychological/anthropological sense is often misused, but you are exhibiting it in this post very clearly.
Get a clue, perv.

http://www.livescience.com/23500-why-men-love...

If nothing is sexual to you then why do you get off on wearing women's clothing?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears so.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
could not have said it better myself.I completely agree...an over extension of egotistical self love.
...I'd leave the god part out!

Perversity is typically defined by that which is forbidden. The god part is part of the problem!

I tend to describe homosexuality as an obsessive-compulsive disorder, but impacting a different part of the brain than Tourette's or another type of OCD. I don't even necessarily imply that it's brain damage as much as an overwhelmed portion of the brain that could return to balance if the individual were moved to a calmer environment. That being the case, I'd call homosexuality more of a symptom than a specific disease.

Even rats are found to symbolically mount each other in conditions of overcrowding. It's kind of like using the nuclear option for getting your own space.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You make assumptions that certain forms of behavior are universal. Everyone does it. It's not always true.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
And you got this pop psychology where?(I know many gay couples where each partner is attracted to someone who looks quite different from themselves.)
That's a different level of preference. Personality is another factor that makes one more or less attractive.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Get a clue, perv.
http://www.livescience.com/23500-why-men-love...
If nothing is sexual to you then why do you get off on wearing women's clothing?
I wear what is made for me. You should try the same thing.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You make assumptions that certain forms of behavior are universal. Everyone does it. It's not always true.
Specific reference to where I made such an assumption, please.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
To some degree, perhaps. After all, children are given about 12 years to mimic the adults around them, but at the same time, the mechanics of sex lead to choosing heterosexuality so really it's genetic too.

That may be the core reason why Christian conservatives don't want to see gays raising children. If it's their own children, it's nobody else's business, but I think it's a bit unfair to kids to bring them up in a politically charged environment before they are ready to make choices of their own.

“Somewhere in time...”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

QuiteCrazy wrote:
<tippy toes in>mm.. I think homosexuality is an abnormality that though it exists in nature and we are part of it, it is still necessary for our "genetic" survival.
Perhaps someone hear recalls the experiment with horses I believe it was, left on an island to supposedly produce a superior race of horses. When they returned they found that the horses they had left no longer existed but small, horses like Sheffield's. Animals usually make it an omega in packs, no? If not killed and allowed to stay. But many are forced to become rogue if they survive their mothers.
As to morality, that is a different story. And I've known many heterosexuals to be narcissistic and egotistical. Personality development has yet to "scientifically" established: genetic or environment?
"abnormality that exists in nature"..have to concur..

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It is not genetic, it is learned behavior.
A learned behavior affects the genes and those genes are passed on. You pass on genes that is responsible for personality traits that that is affected by one's sexuality. I explained about mutation gene in previous pages in response to someone who mentioned it here.

“Somewhere in time...”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
like I said everybody project...it's a by product of your conditioning(or programming if you prefer) as you develop from a baby.

it's an input output thing.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Cybele wrote:
That's a different level of preference. Personality is another factor that makes one more or less attractive.
You didn't answer my question about where you got your pop psychology from.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

anonymous wrote:
I think it's a bit unfair to kids to bring them up in a politically charged environment before they are ready to make choices of their own.
So do you also think that it was unfair for interracial couples to raise children? After all, that was considered politically charged at one time, and in part of the United States, probably still is.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
like I said everybody project...it's a by product of your conditioning(or programming if you prefer) as you develop from a baby.
it's an input output thing.
I could agree that a lot of people project, but to say everyone does is a bold assertion. Bold assertions typically require bold evidence, I am simply pointing out that I have never once projected, at least not on here since it would be impossible to track down every single forum I am on and show those. So I asked for an example of me as a demonstration that saying "all" of anyone is a certain way is inaccurate, and such claims will always prove false. Stereotypes, such as the one "everyone projects," are never reliable, nor valid, assertions.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't think of the super-ego as one of Freud's better definitions. In that regard, I think he created discrete boundaries between the rational and the emotional just because he had his issues with drug use.
For my part, I'm not too large, and although there have been times in my life where I've been very athletic, I'm from a brainy family. It's personal for me to dislike macho behavior, but I genuinely find it boring too. That doesn't mean that I don't find an athletic physique attractive, I just don't feel that it's worth having prove my stuff to get!
Let's just say that at my age, I'm not interested in starting a family, blood pressure medicine may have cut back my urges a bit, and I'm not about to kid myself that I'm what the young gals are interested in! I have a romantic side, but I don't share it. Kids are punks and will over-think it anyway.
Someone will find you attractive no matter what your physical appearance is. We all have a personality that can be a turn-on or turn-off to others. Maybe you just don't want to look. We might lose the urge because you have satisfied your sexual desires by other means.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my question about where you got your pop psychology from.
In case you are in denial, experts collect data from real subjects. They get information from first-hand accounts and they make their own conclusions. I happen to be the subject of MY OWN experiment.
Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
A learned behavior affects the genes and those genes are passed on. You pass on genes that is responsible for personality traits that that is affected by one's sexuality. I explained about mutation gene in previous pages in response to someone who mentioned it here.
Are you stating that personality is inherited genetically? Are you serious?! I feel like you just pulled a rug out from under me. You realize you're telling me that are decisions influence our genetic make up it is the equivalent of saying that we are writing our own genetic code.

Impossible!

Just think of the mental illnesses that are not made by choices?!
That alone ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 65,101 - 65,120 of111,958
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••