Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#69264 Dec 31, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexuality has something to do with the Id, Ego, and Super-ego
Homosexuality has something to do with the lust for their own body that they satisfy it by engaging in the same sex. Transgenders have something to do with personality. For example, a transgender male has deep sexual desires for a female that he wants everything that a female wants including her sexual desires. So the male switches his role to satisfy his sexual desires by playing the female role.
But I'm no expert. But we are all truly heterosexuals. It's why I think God condemns homosexuality because it's narcissistic and egotistical on many levels.
could not have said it better myself.I completely agree...an over extension of egotistical self love.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#69265 Dec 31, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
True Christian make for bad soldiers...ask the Romans.
Rome succumbed to Christian rule, moron.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#69266 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still projecting your personality onto others. You should consider finding a method of ending that habit, it's not healthy.
everybody projects...no exceptions

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#69267 Dec 31, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text> Rome succumbed to Christian rule, moron.
politically you are correct.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69268 Dec 31, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being "rational" when you try to reject homosexuality. It's your Super-Ego. Nothing wrong with that.
Personally though I tend to be attracted to less macho men. Maybe because real macho men intimidates me. lol
Well, I don't think of the super-ego as one of Freud's better definitions. In that regard, I think he created discrete boundaries between the rational and the emotional just because he had his issues with drug use.

For my part, I'm not too large, and although there have been times in my life where I've been very athletic, I'm from a brainy family. It's personal for me to dislike macho behavior, but I genuinely find it boring too. That doesn't mean that I don't find an athletic physique attractive, I just don't feel that it's worth having prove my stuff to get!

Let's just say that at my age, I'm not interested in starting a family, blood pressure medicine may have cut back my urges a bit, and I'm not about to kid myself that I'm what the young gals are interested in! I have a romantic side, but I don't share it. Kids are punks and will over-think it anyway.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#69269 Dec 31, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't think the eroticism of breasts is about a longing for mother. That's Freud's personal sickness. If anything, it's a kind of a projected "erection" thing that gives men a feeling of mutual participation and exposure.
Freud's hangup with his mother was probably due to several things. It's almost traditional in Jewish communities to have hangups about your parents. I'd suspect that that is due to the relative isolation that is expected from within and without of the Jewish community and the confusion that it imposes on the young.
Where did I say "for mother?" I said "good ole days," when someone obsesses with something, for any reason, it can often become sexual, then that person talks about it with their friends, and eventually they begin to see it the same way. It's more akin to a stereotype, but lacking a better term I said longing. It is an ingrained reaction within society that started somewhere, it's neither negative nor positive, it just is something that society has decided it likes to do now.

Freud was a fraud, he asserted stereotypes were definitive and reality, like any good psychiatrist would. They are not, stereotypes are a poor yard stick for any analysis. Stereotypes lead to confirmation bias, which leads to improper and failed findings.

Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#69270 Dec 31, 2012
<tippy toes in>mm.. I think homosexuality is an abnormality that though it exists in nature and we are part of it, it is still necessary for our "genetic" survival.

Perhaps someone hear recalls the experiment with horses I believe it was, left on an island to supposedly produce a superior race of horses. When they returned they found that the horses they had left no longer existed but small, horses like Sheffield's. Animals usually make it an omega in packs, no? If not killed and allowed to stay. But many are forced to become rogue if they survive their mothers.

As to morality, that is a different story. And I've known many heterosexuals to be narcissistic and egotistical. Personality development has yet to "scientifically" established: genetic or environment?

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#69271 Dec 31, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I think homosexuality is in the genes. Some have them stronger than others and some more predisposed to it than others. Engaging in homosexual activities however is a choice.
It is not genetic, it is learned behavior.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69272 Dec 31, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
everybody projects...no exceptions
Really? Explain how I am projecting, please.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69273 Dec 31, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It is not genetic, it is learned behavior.
First, explanation of this assertion would be nice. Then some corroborating evidence would could seal the deal.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#69274 Dec 31, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
It is not genetic, it is learned behavior.
Is heterosexuality learned behavior?

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#69275 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You assume I'm trying to look like a woman. You shouldn't assume, it's a sign of ignorance. I have breasts too, you made another assumption, but breasts prove nothing, as I pointed out, other than I am a mammal. Breasts are for food, not pleasure, also. The sexualization of them is due to infantile tendencies caused by the longing of "good ole days," it's actually a well understood psychological phenomenon. Not all living things, even in the inherently flawed binary reproduction system, have sexual desires of any sort. Nothing is sexual to me, and that's what you are missing. You are applying your own self image onto others around you, and thus become unable to perceive of anything different than you. Commonly it is called projection, the term in a psychological/anthropological sense is often misused, but you are exhibiting it in this post very clearly.
Get a clue, perv.

http://www.livescience.com/23500-why-men-love...

If nothing is sexual to you then why do you get off on wearing women's clothing?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69276 Dec 31, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears so.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69277 Dec 31, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
could not have said it better myself.I completely agree...an over extension of egotistical self love.
...I'd leave the god part out!

Perversity is typically defined by that which is forbidden. The god part is part of the problem!

I tend to describe homosexuality as an obsessive-compulsive disorder, but impacting a different part of the brain than Tourette's or another type of OCD. I don't even necessarily imply that it's brain damage as much as an overwhelmed portion of the brain that could return to balance if the individual were moved to a calmer environment. That being the case, I'd call homosexuality more of a symptom than a specific disease.

Even rats are found to symbolically mount each other in conditions of overcrowding. It's kind of like using the nuclear option for getting your own space.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69278 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Explain how I am projecting, please.
You make assumptions that certain forms of behavior are universal. Everyone does it. It's not always true.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#69279 Dec 31, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
And you got this pop psychology where?(I know many gay couples where each partner is attracted to someone who looks quite different from themselves.)
That's a different level of preference. Personality is another factor that makes one more or less attractive.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69280 Dec 31, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Get a clue, perv.
http://www.livescience.com/23500-why-men-love...
If nothing is sexual to you then why do you get off on wearing women's clothing?
I wear what is made for me. You should try the same thing.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69281 Dec 31, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You make assumptions that certain forms of behavior are universal. Everyone does it. It's not always true.
Specific reference to where I made such an assumption, please.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69282 Dec 31, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
To some degree, perhaps. After all, children are given about 12 years to mimic the adults around them, but at the same time, the mechanics of sex lead to choosing heterosexuality so really it's genetic too.

That may be the core reason why Christian conservatives don't want to see gays raising children. If it's their own children, it's nobody else's business, but I think it's a bit unfair to kids to bring them up in a politically charged environment before they are ready to make choices of their own.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#69283 Dec 31, 2012
QuiteCrazy wrote:
<tippy toes in>mm.. I think homosexuality is an abnormality that though it exists in nature and we are part of it, it is still necessary for our "genetic" survival.
Perhaps someone hear recalls the experiment with horses I believe it was, left on an island to supposedly produce a superior race of horses. When they returned they found that the horses they had left no longer existed but small, horses like Sheffield's. Animals usually make it an omega in packs, no? If not killed and allowed to stay. But many are forced to become rogue if they survive their mothers.
As to morality, that is a different story. And I've known many heterosexuals to be narcissistic and egotistical. Personality development has yet to "scientifically" established: genetic or environment?
"abnormality that exists in nature"..have to concur..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Genetic entropy 54 min Discord 159
How would creationists explain... 2 hr Dogen 295
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) 2 hr Wally West 3
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 8 hr The Dude 466
Science News (Sep '13) 9 hr positronium 2,941
What you should know about Tuesday's vote on ev... (Feb '08) 23 hr IAMIOOWAN 516
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) Wed Brian_G 13,614
More from around the web