Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 174099 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#62213 Dec 1, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I thought your claim was that modern german speakers could understand old english speakers? Moving the goal posts?
That's his only option, since his original claim was easily disproved.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#62214 Dec 1, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Yes, modern Germans can understand more of old English than modern English.
There you go, trying desperately to move those goalposts.

Thanks for admitting that your original claim was nonsense.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#62215 Dec 1, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Put that into your head, no human no science. Good day?
No human--no god, no religion, no faith.

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

Mercury

#62216 Dec 1, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back and read the posts the rest of the atheists have ignored not just mine but from the believers I won't be posting all the links an info again. Thank you.
I answered your posts post-link.

Your links are irrelevant to my point it would seem. That's ok. I'm used to Christians not understanding the points of view of other believers and the subsequent ramifications of their belief.

Since: Sep 12

United States

#62217 Dec 1, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>So which god is the creator in your mind...I mean there is hundreds if not thousands of man made gods so which one do you think POOFED it all into being.
Why do you think you'll get a different answer than the last person who asked go back and read.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

#62218 Dec 1, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Matted Hair. I haven't read through your complete list yet, I try but then the laughter just gets in the way, but I did get to read part of point 3. Now having read Genesis, your statement is only supported by one of the two conflicting versions of the creation myth presented there. In one version man comes last and in the other man comes first. Now which is it? For that matter, how can God have created the Earth in seven days and one day at the same time? I gotta say, this little conundrum casts a pall upon the weight of your evidence. But then, I don't think you really care about validity, transparency, integrity, or honesty as long as you can propagandize your view, I suspect you are just fine with it.
By the way, I know there are fine, intelligent people in Australia, can you put some of them on.
There is NO place where Genesis says mankind was created first. You have been sucked in by boofheads that can't read or comprehend and likely did not completely read all of chapter 2.

I like debating on such threads as these because I love to see evo strut around with their huge attitudes, usually quacking that creos can't post supports, and then do exactly as you have done and talk hubris.

You evos on this forum, at least, are the worst mob of them I have ever come across.

I have never seen evos so unable to defend themselves. Hence I love debating here most.

The proof comes from facts. The fact is that I can supply data to support creationism and you can only present the left over hubris that explains why such evidence really says something else. eg all research suggests the genome is deteriorating but evos can come up with hubris to explain why they can refute their own data.

I just love it. I love your ridicule also because it tells me you lot are gobsmacked and likely have the research skills of a gorilla. That is your best evidence for evolution.

Since: Sep 12

United States

#62219 Dec 1, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>I answered your posts post-link.

Your links are irrelevant to my point it would seem. That's ok. I'm used to Christians not understanding the points of view of other believers and the subsequent ramifications of their belief.
Yet I have asked a question about evolution in post 3 times and have yet to get an answer only more questions and insults about God. When I get my answer minus the insults than I will answer anything you want to know about my God, my faith or anything else you claim you want to know. Here we go again. How does evolution explain the start of living organisms from nonliving matter?

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#62220 Dec 1, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think you'll get a different answer than the last person who asked go back and read.
Right ok....So you wont say...got it..

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#62221 Dec 1, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry but your question must be in the form of an ANSWER. Ill ask again for you super evos out there. How does evolution explain the start of living organisms from nonliving matter?
Would you like one of us "evos" to go and dig out all the research for you? Isn't going to happen - we've read it, you go and find it. Give you a clue - start by working out how the non-living matter got there.

Since: Sep 12

United States

#62222 Dec 1, 2012
How does evolution vs creation thread go to atheists on parade? The atheist argue their is no God I can't prove what I'm saying but I don't have to because I know it's fact because I say so. Can't you see all the people who think the same way I do it must mean their is no God.......followed by insults. So if because the more people believe it makes something true a third of the world population worship God in Jesus name the Jews worship the same God not sure but that's 2 out of 3 of the worlds largest religions. Religion aside evolution has a major problem with the beginning.

Since: Sep 12

United States

#62223 Dec 1, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>Right ok....So you wont say...got it..
I have already said where God came from based on a book you call myth go back and READ my posts I have left no guess work as to where my faith is. You obviously don't "got it"

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#62224 Dec 1, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NO place where Genesis says mankind was created first. You have been sucked in by boofheads that can't read or comprehend and likely did not completely read all of chapter 2.
I like debating on such threads as these because I love to see evo strut around with their huge attitudes, usually quacking that creos can't post supports, and then do exactly as you have done and talk hubris.
You evos on this forum, at least, are the worst mob of them I have ever come across.
I have never seen evos so unable to defend themselves. Hence I love debating here most.
The proof comes from facts. The fact is that I can supply data to support creationism and you can only present the left over hubris that explains why such evidence really says something else. eg all research suggests the genome is deteriorating but evos can come up with hubris to explain why they can refute their own data.
I just love it. I love your ridicule also because it tells me you lot are gobsmacked and likely have the research skills of a gorilla. That is your best evidence for evolution.
Attention-seeking delusionist - you wouldn't know a fact if it jumped up and punched you on the nose; in the same way, you don't understand the articles you post off the web. A clue - telling us they say something different from their content does not make it true. I suggest that if you have the facts to support creationism, you rush out and find all the other delusionists and show it to them: it has been the stumbling block preventing the theory's academic acceptance as in the end it relies on goddidit. Given you cannot prove the existence of God, makes it all a bit of a conundrum.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#62225 Dec 1, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
In previous posts several of the evos have said "evolution does not exclude the existence of God" just curious how many Christian evos are responding in this thread?
Because someone does not parade thier religious beliefs on here does not preclude them being a christian. Only fundies have to shove it down everyone else's throat.

Since: Sep 12

United States

#62226 Dec 1, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>Would you like one of us "evos" to go and dig out all the research for you? Isn't going to happen - we've read it, you go and find it. Give you a clue - start by working out how the non-living matter got there.
I don't need to I know how we got here. Also I did try to find how non living matter magically came alive cant find it. Where do you think I came to ask the self proclaimed experts? I have even gone back and read other posts I did even see the question asked. So for the fifth time. How does evolution explain the start of living organisms from nonliving matter?

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

#62227 Dec 1, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
So which god is the creator in your mind...I mean there is hundreds if not thousands of man made gods so which one do you think POOFED it all into being.
This is what I love to see,Dan, hippocrites such as this one above.

They gobble on and take science into the realm of BS.

Evolutionists that are also atheist bow down to the God of idiocy. They also believe in poofing so much so that they have had to separate abiogenesis from TOE. Here Non living elements poofed themselves into a living complex factory of reproduction. The Genesis is not different really, as it more a matter of scale.

Creationists have empirical evidence that energy (God) can be turned into matter. So I actually have evidence that the Genesis coalescence is a possibility. After all it is coalescence theory that pervades galactic and planet formation. Scientists suggestall life can be broken down to elements, even our engrams, and therefore they can also be rearranged by coalescence into a fully functioning life form.

On the other hand evos have nothing more that a history of failure in their quest to poof dead elements into a complex living factory of reproduction. They have been at it for decades. Regardless of the fact that they can minipulate a lab environment to reflect any possible early earth, many theoretical assumtions as to how life may have arose, and all have been a failure. Hence evos have many assumptions and faith, just like me, that they have poofed into reality in their literature.

So you have a failed theory really, and I have one that is minimally supported, at least. I have evidence that energy can produce matter and elements can coalesce together. However you have NO evidence that non living elements can poof into a complex factory all by themsleves.

Evos also have a kind of poofing power in that they invent theropods with avian feet with the wave of a hand, common ancestors appear in scenarios that have never been found. They are just poofed into the evo record out of nowhere but assumption and faith.

I suggest evos need more faith in the unseen than me.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#62228 Dec 1, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go read it slow God is eternal always is and always was. It isn't a hard concept. The Big Bang theory says the universe started from a single point but the vacuum blackness of space was still there no light nothing just black space time was still there as well. Also this one Big Bang only explains our universe by this theory how many times has this bb happend?
Reading it slowly only continues to tell me that is your belief. It does not make it a fact. In case you hadn't noticed, that is the difference between science and religion, the first is fact based, the second is faith based.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#62229 Dec 1, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already said where God came from based on a book you call myth go back and READ my posts I have left no guess work as to where my faith is. You obviously don't "got it"
Ok that is cool...But some think Zeus is the real god or visnu or buddha or etc etc etc.....So many Gods which one should we follow...That is why sane people laugh at religion...IT IS ALL MAN MADE.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#62230 Dec 1, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to I know how we got here. Also I did try to find how non living matter magically came alive cant find it. Where do you think I came to ask the self proclaimed experts? I have even gone back and read other posts I did even see the question asked. So for the fifth time. How does evolution explain the start of living organisms from nonliving matter?
So some almighty being magically did it? That is more believable to you? We do not proclaim ourselves as experts - how could we compete with your huge level of knowledge about all things. In case you have difficulty spotting it (which is likely), that was sarcasm.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#62231 Dec 1, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what I love to see,Dan, hippocrites such as this one above.
They gobble on and take science into the realm of BS.
Evolutionists that are also atheist bow down to the God of idiocy. They also believe in poofing so much so that they have had to separate abiogenesis from TOE. Here Non living elements poofed themselves into a living complex factory of reproduction. The Genesis is not different really, as it more a matter of scale.
Creationists have empirical evidence that energy (God) can be turned into matter. So I actually have evidence that the Genesis coalescence is a possibility. After all it is coalescence theory that pervades galactic and planet formation. Scientists suggestall life can be broken down to elements, even our engrams, and therefore they can also be rearranged by coalescence into a fully functioning life form.
On the other hand evos have nothing more that a history of failure in their quest to poof dead elements into a complex living factory of reproduction. They have been at it for decades. Regardless of the fact that they can minipulate a lab environment to reflect any possible early earth, many theoretical assumtions as to how life may have arose, and all have been a failure. Hence evos have many assumptions and faith, just like me, that they have poofed into reality in their literature.
So you have a failed theory really, and I have one that is minimally supported, at least. I have evidence that energy can produce matter and elements can coalesce together. However you have NO evidence that non living elements can poof into a complex factory all by themsleves.
Evos also have a kind of poofing power in that they invent theropods with avian feet with the wave of a hand, common ancestors appear in scenarios that have never been found. They are just poofed into the evo record out of nowhere but assumption and faith.
I suggest evos need more faith in the unseen than me.
The jokes get better and better, now you can define God? Wow, what a humourist.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#62232 Dec 1, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to I know how we got here. Also I did try to find how non living matter magically came alive cant find it. Where do you think I came to ask the self proclaimed experts? I have even gone back and read other posts I did even see the question asked. So for the fifth time. How does evolution explain the start of living organisms from nonliving matter?
First sentence about sums up your stance I reckon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 15 min Chimney1 143,952
News Intelligent design 8 hr Critical Eye 25
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 hr Critical Eye 20,904
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) Thu Igor Trip 178,702
Science News NOT related to evolution (Jul '09) Sep 2 macumazahn 1,248
News Pastafarians rejoice! Deep sea creature floatin... Sep 2 karl44 1
Satan's Lies and Scientist Guys (Sep '14) Sep 2 dollarsbill 14
More from around the web