Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#61927 Nov 30, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't fully agree with evolution. Evolution is one small part of science. Thats like because you don't like tennis you can't watch football.
Wrong. Evolution is a massive theory, spanning millions of facts, thousands of dissertations and tens of thousands of hypothesis.

It is the unifying theory of biology. It also stretches its tentacles into every other naural science - physics, geology, anthropology, paleontology all provide evidence into this theory.

You do not agree with it, because you are relatively uneducated in the natural sciences. We do not blame you, there is no law against it. But it pisses someone like me off, who has more knowledge of the Mesozoic Era paleontology than anyone save scholars, to hear a layman utter nonsense like 'there were dinosaurs on Noah's ark'

Since: Sep 12

United States

#61928 Nov 30, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>Your choice

Personally I would not want to believe a god that is proven cannot exist in this universe and who is claimed to be the worlds first mass murder, the killer of children and apologist for rape and slavery, bad tempered and selfish are only runners up
Who proved God can't exist? Where does God claim to be the first mass murder? Man commits rape man started slavery. As for selfish sending your son to die so that a bunch of ungrateful people can spit in his face and turn away from him all for the chance some might choose him and make heaven. Yeah that sounds selfish.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#61929 Nov 30, 2012
Indy_Pendent wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently you haven't realized that we christians don't accept any of those scientific findings. In general it's safe to say that most of us christians are scientifically illiterate and therefore not inclined to accept the results of scientific investigations, especially when the implications cause friction with our core delusions. Unless of course, we get sick and are in need of scientifically founded medical treatment. In this case we like science. It's kinda a double standard we haven't worked out yet. Probably because our numb minds aren't capable of contemplating these things.
Lol. That made my day!

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#61930 Nov 30, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you are shut off to God doesn't mean I am you don't speak for me. I'm sorry for what happend to make you stop believing but your hate of God sticks out. Also you still failed to show evidence that faith doesn't exist you have an opinion a flawed man made opinion.
You know nothing about me however what I have written is fact and I offered you two definitions, one for the word faith and one for the word fact. It is not my problem that your interpretation of the meaning of the words does not actually correspond with the real meanings of the words.

I never claimed that faith does not exist of course it exists because thought exists, it is intangible and cannot be measured but it exists in the mind. I have faith that what I am writing now will in a few minutes appear on the topix forum. Until I have evidence that it has been posted it remains faith, only when that evidence is manifest does it become fact.

What I claimed is that faith is not fact and I showed you the difference with the definitions, live with that fact. If you are happy to live in a world where the two words mean the same thing that’s fine, it’s your life, you are welcome to delude yourself as much as you want

As for hating god – wtf are you talking about, what you claim of me holds as much relevance as saying I don’t believe harry potter is real. One cannot hate a myth.

Man made opinion – oh wow, irony meter it go bang.

Location hidden

#61931 Nov 30, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Read for comprehension. I was only making a point.
People that are sound and fit medically are willing to give up their lives for what they believe, this is an act of faith.
This alone made emperior Constantine to have a rethink.
I'm sure the power he gained from unifying the Christian church was just a bonus with no political intent.

United States

#61932 Nov 30, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. Evolution is a massive theory, spanning millions of facts, thousands of dissertations and tens of thousands of hypothesis.

It is the unifying theory of biology. It also stretches its tentacles into every other naural science - physics, geology, anthropology, paleontology all provide evidence into this theory.

You do not agree with it, because you are relatively uneducated in the natural sciences. We do not blame you, there is no law against it. But it pisses someone like me off, who has more knowledge of the Mesozoic Era paleontology than anyone save scholars, to hear a layman utter nonsense like 'there were dinosaurs on Noah's ark'
Yet you say the bible cant be right because men wrote it. Yet you place an absolute faith in the men who came up with evolution. Double standard much?

Level 6

#61933 Nov 30, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Who proved God can't exist? Where does God claim to be the first mass murder? Man commits rape man started slavery. As for selfish sending your son to die so that a bunch of ungrateful people can spit in his face and turn away from him all for the chance some might choose him and make heaven. Yeah that sounds selfish.
Einstein - E=MC^2 – you exist therefore no entity as descried in KJV Revelation 19:6 can exist in this galaxy. It is a matter of the meaning of the word “infinite” If energy (power) is infinite then matter cannot exist because as matter is formed then infinity is lost. BTW, I did not write the babble

However perhaps he exists for you because you are able to put your own interpretation on the meaning of words

First recorded mass murderer Genesis 6.11 – 17 / 7.11-24

God condones those violent acts in several verses in the babble for example Deuteronomy 20:13-14, Deuteronomy 21:10-13

Selfish Exodus 20:3

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.
endquote
Richard Dawkins.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#61934 Nov 30, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you say the bible cant be right because men wrote it. Yet you place an absolute faith in the men who came up with evolution. Double standard much?
There is quite a bit of difference between a 2000 year old work of written fiction and a century and a half of scientific research.

United States

#61935 Nov 30, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>You know nothing about me however what I have written is fact and I offered you two definitions, one for the word faith and one for the word fact. It is not my problem that your interpretation of the meaning of the words does not actually correspond with the real meanings of the words.

I never claimed that faith does not exist of course it exists because thought exists, it is intangible and cannot be measured but it exists in the mind. I have faith that what I am writing now will in a few minutes appear on the topix forum. Until I have evidence that it has been posted it remains faith, only when that evidence is manifest does it become fact.

What I claimed is that faith is not fact and I showed you the difference with the definitions, live with that fact. If you are happy to live in a world where the two words mean the same thing thatÂ’s fine, itÂ’s your life, you are welcome to delude yourself as much as you want

As for hating god – wtf are you talking about, what you claim of me holds as much relevance as saying I don’t believe harry potter is real. One cannot hate a myth.

I do know something about you. You posted

"When I was a christian I had it read at me in dribs and drabs, that seems to be the way christians want it and it des explain their cherry picking."

At some point you felt you had faith. Usually some event happens and people lose faith. It was my fault to assume this was the case for you not a judgement.

Level 5

#61936 Nov 30, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple fact that you make a bogus claim like that implies that you and I are on different intelectual levels here. You have absolutely no grasp, whatsoever, of any natural science, correct?

Level 6

#61937 Nov 30, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know something about you. You posted
"When I was a christian I had it read at me in dribs and drabs, that seems to be the way christians want it and it des explain their cherry picking."
At some point you felt you had faith. Usually some event happens and people lose faith. It was my fault to assume this was the case for you not a judgement.
This is true (nope, not faith but fact, learn from you experience) and that faith was stolen from me by christian hatred, christian spite, christian mocking of disability, christian, attempted murder of my children, christian terrorist bombings – you want to go into details

Because those christians who do want to go into detail eventuality compound there problems by calling me a liar and I should have you know that I do not have a god to lie for and therefore do not consider lying worth while

Location hidden

#61938 Nov 30, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you say the bible cant be right because men wrote it. Yet you place an absolute faith in the men who came up with evolution. Double standard much?
Reflect on the book of Daniel.

When Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah were cast into the fiery furnace they miraculously survived. This is an event that was "witnessed" by the king but isn't historically recorded by any other source other than the Bible. I find that difficult to believe that such a profound occurrence wasn't written about by many scribes.

Also, is it possible that the king, Nebuchadnezzar, lost his mind and ran wild in the forest for seven years without losing his throne to someone else. Seven years is a good amount of time. Yet again not one historical record confirms this Biblical story.

The Bible is full of what seems to be nothing more than morale boosting story telling.

Level 5

#61939 Nov 30, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Reflect on the book of Daniel.
When Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah were cast into the fiery furnace they miraculously survived. This is an event that was "witnessed" by the king but isn't historically recorded by any other source other than the Bible. I find that difficult to believe that such a profound occurrence wasn't written about by many scribes.
Also, is it possible that the king, Nebuchadnezzar, lost his mind and ran wild in the forest for seven years without losing his throne to someone else. Seven years is a good amount of time. Yet again not one historical record confirms this Biblical story.
The Bible is full of what seems to be nothing more than morale boosting story telling.
Props given for a fine post

Since: Nov 12

Milk River, Canada

#61940 Nov 30, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Liar!
Since we all dream, fall into trance, get revelations and the likes, there is a lot of evidence of a soul.
That's interesting. I never heard that dreams or trance states are evidence of having a soul. Personally I am rather more attached to my fully conscious state, and I would consider it a shame if my full consciousness was not included in my soul, if I could look forward to it being saved. I don't think I would care that much for the promise of salvation or even worry about it, if it was only meant for a kind of residual echo of me, the continuance of my trance or dream states.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#61941 Nov 30, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No assertions here, except you just wanted to make things up. Some Surgical or Medical doctors do apply faith through prayers and it is really working for them unlike others who do not.
This comment is almost as unimpressive as the claim made by that idoit running for office that when rape occurs a woman's body shuts down and she doesn't get pregnant. That, like your assertion, has absolutely no evidence to substantiate it.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#61942 Nov 30, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, actually the Bible makes the claims for God killing many - have you read the Old Testament? Slavery is condoned in Leviticus, Exodus, Ephesians, Timothy. For rape, try Juges, Numbers, Deuteronomy. vHere's a goody from Samuel (2nd book, chapter 12 vs 11-14 to be precise):

'Thus says the Lord:'I will bring evil upon you out of your own house. I will take your wives [plural] while you live to see it, and will give them to your neighbor. He shall lie with your wives in broad daylight. You have done this deed in secret, but I will bring it about in the presence of all Israel, and with the sun looking down.'

Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the Lord." Nathan answered David: "The Lord on his part has forgiven your sin: you shall not die. But since you have utterly spurned the Lord by this deed, the child born to you must surely die." '[The child dies seven days later.]

Real love shown in that one. Wives (plural), baby killing, wife swapping - all evidence of a loving God.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#61943 Nov 30, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>

I disagree. Fundies hate Harry Potter. I have seen Harry Potter book burnings in the news. Here is one:

http://www.forbes.com/2006/11/30/book-burning...

So perhaps it would be better for you to say that you cannot hate a being that does not exist. I know that I can't. Obviously there are people that can hate anything. And that is a sad statement of truth.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#61944 Nov 30, 2012
And for Bat Foy, one of the myths that you seem to believe was an outright act of mass murder by your god and he planned it to be. In the Noah's Ark myth your god kills over 99% of the population at that time. No other mass murderer has come even close. Even if you give Hitler credit for all that he killed in WWII, not just in his concentration camps, he still only managed to kill off slightly more than 2.5% of the Earth's population, and included in that figure are all deaths, from both sides. And Hitler was the largest Christian mass murderer that I can think of.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

#61945 Nov 30, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: Waffle
I am glad you are gobsmacked and the best you can do is try to get me to spell woffle the way you would like. I am not refering to food. I am refering to my version of the manin gof woffle meaning unsupported rhetoric and hubris.

That was all these evos had to say to this post. How simple you all really are.

"Ignorance is not a good look Subby and Dan.
Here!!! I'll spoon feed you 2 a bed time story seeing as you can't find any evo evidence to support yourself with, Oh intelligencia!
Your evo researchers are suggesting that the Y chromosome will rot. It is deteriorating and is going to disappear. All the data suggest this.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/07/ ...
Here is bright spark that thinks he has found the answer to save you blokes.
Listen to this...
"Before they became specialized sex chromosomes, the X and Y were once an ordinary, identical pair of autosomes like the other 22 pairs of chromosomes humans carry. To maintain genetic diversity and eliminate potentially harmful mutations, autosome pairs swap genes with each other in a process referred to as "crossing over."
Roughly 300 million years ago, a segment of the X stopped crossing over with the Y, causing rapid genetic decay on the Y. Over the next hundreds of millions of years, four more segments, or strata, of the X ceased crossing over with the Y. The resulting gene loss on the Y was so extensive that today, the human Y retains only 19 of the more than 600 genes it once shared with its ancestral autosomal partner."
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/02/ ...
None of the above sites are creationist in case some fool can't tell the difference.
Above is an example of an evo scratching around, ad nauseum, trying his darndest to keep his grant money by inventing some ridiculous scenario, he could not possibly know. He has saved you with twoddle about what he reckons happened 300 million years ago. He suggests that twoddle falsifies the many research articles that say the Y chromosome will one day disappear.
What do you lot reckon? Let me guess, you have to look your opinion up!
All the research suggests the genome is deteriorating. This again supports Sanford and creationism by suggesting life could not have been evolving for billions of years. Then evos have to run off with this data and rescussitate their theory by basically refuting their own initial data with any ridiculous bed time story any imaginative researcher can think up.
You evos handed us evidence in a silver platter to validate our predictions after all your quacking about junk dna and vestigial organs. You still like to quack about how great you all are. You're still wiping the egg off your faces from over 150 years of human knuckle walking ancestry, and now negative epistasis and genome deterioration.
I love it.
If this is what you evos are so proud of, you are welcome to it.
The fact is that these silly evo researchers keep on supporting creationism with their initial data at almost every turn and then have to scurry off and invent a silly story to offer up to save TOE from flopping.
Creationism is supported by data.
TOE is supported by hypothetical woffle.
I rest my case!"

Subduction Zone and Dan have been shown to be the empty vessels of pretense that actually are.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

#61946 Nov 30, 2012
As all can see I have been able to provide links to research that support my claims. I have reposted some of them. Unfortunately the opposition is quite inept at supporting TOE, and are quite content with the scientific reflection of ‘quack‘ to support their view, with an obvious lack of links to research. No links=opinionated woffle.

Let’s recap shall we and see how these evos are doing in supporting TOE over creation over 2 posts.

1. Creationist predictions are continuing to be validated with the expectation that 100% of the genome likely to be functional. This validation comes after evolutionists shoved junk dna down creos throats as proof TOE was true, there was no designer and creos were idiots. Now they scurry off in shame, suggest TOE never could make a prediction around non coding dna but creos can clearly see just whom the idiots really are!
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketsc...

2. Creationists predictions are vestigial organs are continuing to be validated by evolutionists finding that these left over functionless organs do indeed have function. This validation comes after evolutionists found function in these organs and had to toddle off and redefine the definition of vestigial to reflect ‘a different’ function.
http://www.naturalnews.com/022914_appendix_gu...

3. Fossil evidence that is more in line with creationism then TOE. The Genesis account was the oldest account published that suggests the alignment of the fossil record from plant s to creatures of the sea, then land animals and lastly mankind. Evos were not the first to come up with this line up. Whales and birds are the only ones that evos have out of biblical alignment . Surprise, surprise they have been having trouble with these two ever since. Evos are still confused over whale bones found in strata dated to 290mya and have had to invent mythical theropods to wear a reversed hallux although not one single theropod ever found has modern avian feet. The data supports creationism and the woffle supports TOE.
http://www.ehow.com/list_7182299_fossils-foun...
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v417/n68...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 8 min Brian_G 13,627
How would creationists explain... 1 hr Chimney1 439
Why Are There No Transitional Animals Today? (Mar '09) 4 hr DanFromSmithville 507
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 7 hr Hidingfromyou 698
Science News (Sep '13) Dec 24 positronium 2,944
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Dec 20 nobody 7
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) Dec 19 Zach 4
More from around the web