Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#59418 Nov 16, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Roots in Greek philosophy and Pagen beliefs.
Your opinion. Though a biased one.

Level 2

Location hidden

#59419 Nov 16, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I, of course, never expected you to accept what I wrote Charles, but you do need to be aware of this...it actually is a reality.
Archaeologists have been saying for 50 or 60 years now that they have made the connection to mankind and the Homo species that preceded Homo-sapiens (us humans). Then DNA came along and opened up a whole new world of information about our pasts and happened to coincided with the archaeological data we already had.
Then a couple of years ago a scientist in Europe sequenced the DNA of Neanderthals and humans and found that most every human on earth, except sub-Saharan Africans and some South Sea Islanders, carried a small percentage of Neanderthal DNA...proving that early (c.30,000 plus BC) humans and non-humans mated successfully, and most recently it has been found out that another pre-human species (Denisovans) were found to be distantly related to Neanderthals and more distantly related to us, and some South Sea Islanders, another case of humans and pre-humans mating successfully.
http://www.livescience.com/16171-denisovans-h...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...
These incidences firmly tie humans to the ancient line of Homo-species...in other words we ARE in the line of great apes and are descendants/related to these pre-humans.
We (scientists) have been able to trace humans back about 200,000 +- years, and this is solid science that I challenge anyone to disprove with real science.
Charles, there is just no possible way that this allows for the Adam and Eve myth to be true as written...hence my assertion that Jesus may not have existed because of the fact he was not needed to fulfill a roll....that was *made up* by Paul anyway.
These are not lies my friend...I am relaying reliable scientific news to you, along with the probable ramifications.
Quite informative, but there are alot of questions, left unanswered.
There is still a gap that no one except God can fill.
The quest continues.

Level 2

Location hidden

#59420 Nov 16, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Well spoken, monkey!
Now here's a Eucharist for you to pretend to feast on the flesh of Christ.
Now, sit. Good boy.
Pray. Attaboy!
Tithe. Cha-ching!
Monkey?
Any way, no argument, i am a monkey that prays, pay my tithes, etc.
But you are a MONKEY that feeds on bananas and other fruits, in the forest.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#59421 Nov 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Your opinion. Though a biased one.
History doesn't show my opinion.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#59422 Nov 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Quite informative, but there are alot of questions, left unanswered.
There is still a gap that no one except God can fill.
The quest continues.
"Your opinion. Though a biased one."

Level 2

Location hidden

#59423 Nov 16, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. So you regularly take things out of context for the keywords? Is this how you quote scripture too?
BTW, you still haven't answered the question who created Satan.
You still have not answered the question, why do good people or parents of humble backgrounds, give births to hooligants, murderers, killers, and the likes?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#59424 Nov 16, 2012
We see a lot of the word "if" in the Bible when we are considering blessings from God. A nation that turns to abomination can suffer great calamity because God can no longer bless such an evil. Every one will suffer if a nation is lead away from the true God of the Bible and it is partly the chosen leaderships fault. It is not a light matter when a nation that has called upon the blessings of God throughout history instead turns to fleshly desires and forgets where our strength came from in the first place. The divine hand of God has been upon America and we have been blessed because of our God fearing people of the past. It is about the blessings from the one true God, and IF we humble ourselves and repent then he is able to heal us, but if people continue to be stiff necked they will be brought down.

Since: Sep 12

Fort Worth, TX

#59425 Nov 16, 2012
I'm not trying to sound stupid I believe this to be a lagit question for the evolutionists out there. If human evolution is true and man has been around millions if not billions of years evolving slowly through all this time than shouldn't their be proof in the fossil record shouldn't paleontologists be digging up protohuman bones all over the earth finding small colonies of remains? Where is the missing link? Oh and also if evolution is absolute why would Human evolution followed such a different path from all others if man comes from ape than why are their still apes?

Level 2

Location hidden

#59426 Nov 16, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your opinion. Though a biased one."
Do you mind, one of the paramount one is, death.
It is a secret that God alone can reveal. One of the gaps. Not my opinion.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#59427 Nov 16, 2012
Any leader who would give place to more perversion and drug addictions and corruption is bringing distruction upon the country eventually, and everyone pays with suffering.

Level 2

Location hidden

#59428 Nov 16, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
I'm not trying to sound stupid I believe this to be a lagit question for the evolutionists out there. If human evolution is true and man has been around millions if not billions of years evolving slowly through all this time than shouldn't their be proof in the fossil record shouldn't paleontologists be digging up protohuman bones all over the earth finding small colonies of remains? Where is the missing link? Oh and also if evolution is absolute why would Human evolution followed such a different path from all others if man comes from ape than why are their still apes?
A good one. These are one of the question left unanswered. All answers given to date, are guesses, projections, exaggerations, assertions and manipulations, etc.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#59429 Nov 16, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
Darwin was stupid to disbelieve in divine creation in the first place.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#59430 Nov 17, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Facts( the holy bible) and fiction( Harry Potter) are two different words.
But you already stated a standard of proof for the bible. There are mentioned some ancient cities in there and you say that is evidence for truth.

But if I point out some factual things in the Harry Potter books, that's not good enough for consideration of a holy gospel?

What if I seal the Harry Potter books in some clay jars to be discovered 1000 years later, would that make them eligible to be holy gospels?

Level 7

Nehwon

#59431 Nov 17, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You still have not answered the question, why do good people or parents of humble backgrounds, give births to hooligants, murderers, killers, and the likes?
I'll answer that question when you answer this (posed for the fifth time) question: "Who created Satan?"

Level 7

Nehwon

#59432 Nov 17, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
We see a lot of the word "if" in the Bible when we are considering blessings from God. A nation that turns to abomination can suffer great calamity because God can no longer bless such an evil. Every one will suffer if a nation is lead away from the true God of the Bible and it is partly the chosen leaderships fault. It is not a light matter when a nation that has called upon the blessings of God throughout history instead turns to fleshly desires and forgets where our strength came from in the first place. The divine hand of God has been upon America and we have been blessed because of our God fearing people of the past. It is about the blessings from the one true God, and IF we humble ourselves and repent then he is able to heal us, but if people continue to be stiff necked they will be brought down.
I seem to recall Israel was "God's Chosen People" and God in its mercy let them be destroyed. I don't suppose it was because the ancient Israelites like to wage war and genocide. As long as they were winning, God's favor. If they lost, they sinned or the enemy had chariots of iron.

Since there's no passage in the Bible that says the United States of America is the Chosen People, we don't really have a chance now, do we?

Or is the US blessed because we have the largest Jewish population outside of Israel?

Level 2

Location hidden

#59433 Nov 17, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
But you already stated a standard of proof for the bible. There are mentioned some ancient cities in there and you say that is evidence for truth.
But if I point out some factual things in the Harry Potter books, that's not good enough for consideration of a holy gospel?
What if I seal the Harry Potter books in some clay jars to be discovered 1000 years later, would that make them eligible to be holy gospels?
Carbon dating and others, have proved the other wise- though, it( carbon dating, forensic study, etc) is/ are still a man made thing.

Level 2

Location hidden

#59434 Nov 17, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll answer that question when you answer this (posed for the fifth time) question: "Who created Satan?"
God created Lucifer. That Lucifer renamed him self, satan, because he was and is still an opposer of God.
Some of our kids, sisters, brothers, uncles, nieces, nephews, aunts, friends, etc, do that.

Level 7

Nehwon

#59435 Nov 17, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
If you'd read anything other than apologetics, you might already know your answers. Start here to learn:

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/list.html#...

Who knows. You may read some of that stuff and actually be delighted to hear about discoveries and look forward to the next one.

Or you can continue to wallow in doom and gloom and fear and guilt and pretending life is fun just as the bible tells you to do.

Level 2

Location hidden

#59436 Nov 17, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Darwin was stupid to disbelieve in divine creation in the first place.
Not that actually. He was looking for cheap fame and popularity.

Level 7

Nehwon

#59437 Nov 17, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God created Lucifer. That Lucifer renamed him self, satan, because he was and is still an opposer of God.
Some of our kids, sisters, brothers, uncles, nieces, nephews, aunts, friends, etc, do that.
Did not God know what his own creation would do?

Or did god purposefully introduce such an evil into the world?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How would creationists explain... 1 min Dogen 345
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 5 hr MikeF 546
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 8 hr Brian_G 13,622
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Sat nobody 7
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) Fri Zach 4
Science News (Sep '13) Fri Ricky F 2,936
Genetic entropy Thu Discord 159
More from around the web