Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 218828 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#57930 Nov 9, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
That does not follow logically.
How?
Can you control nature?
Nature goes on without any interference, meteorologist studies it, but not too accurately. They may forecast right and some times, wrong.
This alone lives us to the very question, " God ".

Level 2

Location hidden

#57931 Nov 9, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have liked to see you address greymouser's post more intelligently.
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa. wait a sec here...
Was not man created in the image of God?
Certainly not the physical form (If god has a physical form, He'd have to be Female. Men can not give birth to life. Unless he/she is transgender at will. How confusing is that?)
Was man created with the thinking of God? Doubtful there. We're not omniscient. And the God of the bible sounds insane but has a plan?
What else is there than the spirit? Which some would call the soul?
No measurable physical evidence except by assertion.
Are you paid to talk for others? Lol.
Mr. Mouthpiece. Lol.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#57932 Nov 9, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
YHWH....JEHOVAH is Gods name...check it out TOOL. These jokers, crappy religionists will be here, but not forever....
This quote below is from a Jewish site. I figure they MUST know god’s name…after all they invented him.

The most important of God's Names is the four-letter Name represented by the Hebrew letters Yod-Hei-Vav-Hei (YHVH). It is often referred to as the Ineffable Name, the Unutterable Name or the Distinctive Name. Linguistically, it is related to the Hebrew root Hei-Yod-Hei (to be), and reflects the fact that God's existence is eternal. In scripture, this Name is used when discussing God's relation with human beings, and when emphasizing his qualities of loving kindness and mercy. It is frequently shortened to Yah (Yod-Hei), Yahu or Yeho (Yod-Hei-Vav), especially when used in combination with names or phrases, as in Yehoshua (Joshua, meaning "the Lord is my Salvation"), Eliyahu (Elijah, meaning "my God is the Lord"), and Halleluyah ("praise the Lord").

The first Name used for God in scripture is Elohim. In form, the word is a masculine plural of a word that looks feminine in the singular (Eloha). The same word (or, according to Rambam, a homonym of it) is used to refer to princes, judges, other gods, and other powerful beings. This Name is used in scripture when emphasizing God's might, His creative power, and His attributes of justice and rulership. Variations on this Name include El, Eloha, Elohai (my God) and Elohaynu (our God).

God is also known as El Shaddai. This Name is usually translated as "God Almighty," however, the derivation of the word "Shaddai" is not known. According to some views, it is derived from the root meaning "to heap benefits." According a Midrash, it means, "The One who said 'dai'" ("dai" meaning enough or sufficient) and comes from the fact that when God created the universe, it expanded until He said "DAI!" (perhaps the first recorded theory of an expanding universe?). The name Shaddai is the one written on the mezuzah scroll. Some note that Shaddai is an acronym of Shomer Daltot Yisrael, Guardian of the Doors of Israel.

Another significant Name of God is YHVH Tzva'ot. This Name is normally translated as "Lord of Hosts." The word "tzva'ot" means "hosts" in the sense of a military grouping or an organized array. The Name refers to God's leadership and sovereignty. Interestingly, this Name is rarely used in scripture. It never appears in the Torah (i.e., the first five books). It appears primarily in the prophetic books of Isaiah, Jeremiah, Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi, as well as many times in the Psalms.
http://www.jewfaq.org/name.htm

Level 2

Location hidden

#57933 Nov 9, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot disprove your God...you cannot prove your God.
The world is in balance...:-)
Ofcourse you cannot. The God of the proven, that is why the faith, is still very much alive, despite the ups and down. Simple.

Level 2

Location hidden

#57934 Nov 9, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
English is not your first language. Kudos for learning a second language.
Ofcourse!
And English does not in any way belongs to you. The Equation is balanced.

Level 2

Location hidden

#57935 Nov 9, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't own it no more, sucka!
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The United States conquered England in 1776. As of that date the U.S. became free.
England no longer owned property in the U.S.
England no longer controlled business in the U.S.
England no longer controlled the American language.
England no longer imported tea to the U.S.
...... etc.
Do you have any clue how stupid you look, just because you don't understand 'Own'?
You are taking it too far, Mister.
My position is, without England, the US would have been, a Dutch, French, German or even an Indian nation. So, thanks or kudos to England for that. That is all.

Level 2

Location hidden

#57936 Nov 9, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
But with your believe you are your own God. You exist right? So there is your proof that gods exist.
Intelligent.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#57937 Nov 9, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ofcourse you cannot. The God of the proven, that is why the faith, is still very much alive, despite the ups and down. Simple.
OK, whats up with this line from above: "The God of the proven"

Your God cannot be proven...or disproven. Right?

Level 2

Location hidden

#57938 Nov 9, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
You are welcome.

Level 2

Location hidden

#57939 Nov 9, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you and the same for you. Your battles don't go unnoticed. I watch your work and enjoy it. Thank you again.
You are welcome. God bless.

Level 2

Location hidden

#57940 Nov 9, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you just hate it when you see it a split second after you hit the post button. LOL
We all do it.
Ofcourse. Lol

Level 2

Location hidden

#57941 Nov 9, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes she thinks she's cute! The conversation was talking about math in the decimal system then she KK makes a statement in Binary and later she used Hexadecimal. Old very Old.
I was using binary and Hexadecimal on the job back in the early 70's and it was old then. Lol.
Interesting. Lol

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#57942 Nov 9, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
"Also this link fails to establish that human fossils have been found with dino fossils."
This is true however man foot print have been found in stone with dinosaurs foot prints. And when science claimed that they were faked. Heavy equipment lifted up undisturbed rock layers exposing the human and dinosaurs track could not have been faked or even seen for thousands of years.
http://www.discoverynews.us/DISCOVERY%2520MUS...
"When evolutionary philosophers criticized this historic discovery and claimed that someone must have made the human tracks with a hammer and chisel, a bull-dozer was brought to the site to uncover more of the bed-rock.
The heavy equipment carefully uncovered more of the Cretaceous bedrock and even more human tracks were discovered with dinosaur tracks! Humans and dinosaurs apparently roamed the earth together!"
You do know that the "Answers in Genesis" web-site is telling their fundamentalist 'friends' to not use this argument anymore...don't you.

It HAS been shown to be NOT true.

Level 2

Location hidden

#57943 Nov 9, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles is the dumbest person on the entire internet. You will never be able to rival him, no matter what you say.
Don't take it too personal. You have again outlined your qualities. You must be very generous.

Level 2

Location hidden

#57944 Nov 9, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ofcourse you cannot. The God of the proven, that is why the faith, is still very much alive, despite the ups and down. Simple.
Correction:
I meant that, the God of the bible, can be proven to date, because his church, despite the ups and down, are still very much alive.

Level 2

Location hidden

#57945 Nov 9, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, whats up with this line from above: "The God of the proven"
Your God cannot be proven...or disproven. Right?
It was just an error.
I meant that, the God of the bible to date, can be proven, using the church or faith as a testimony. If he does not exist, the faith would have died long ago.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#57946 Nov 9, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Correction:
I meant that, the God of the bible, can be proven to date, because his church, despite the ups and down, are still very much alive.
His church?

One day I hope you will cast yourself free of this book and the temples of spiritual heresy where men play God.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#57947 Nov 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>It was just an error.
I meant that, the God of the bible to date, can be proven, using the church or faith as a testimony. If he does not exist, the faith would have died long ago.
There will always be those whose internal anxiety about death will have them hiding from their capacity to forecast their own terminal demise. That my friend is the strength of religious beliefs. All you have to do is take Pascal's wager. Just to let you know... When you bet on religion, the house (otherwise known as the church) always wins. Just remember to collect your winnings while the worms are eating away at your eyes. Fitting end to a myopic existence.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#57948 Nov 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Do you have a brain? i doubt.
Do you understand the meaning of the word, " developed " ?
So you can understand that the english language developed, but you can't understand that it contains words borrowed from another language, then "developed" along with the language. What do you think, that once a word is assimilated into the english language all ties are severed with it's origins from another language? You are stupid. So, so stupid.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#57949 Nov 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, but every languages, has its source( origin).
Yes, you dumbass, and that origin extends into other languages. Goodness you are stupid. You can't treat every single language as a totally independent entity from other languages, that's not how it works.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 2 min nanoanomaly 505
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 4 min ChristineM 1,209
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 28 min ChristineM 24,891
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 41 min Timmee 157,776
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr u196533dm 52,229
Can the universe be God's brain? (Jun '07) Jan 19 scientia potentia... 98
News Darwin's Doubt: Giving a Case for Intelligent D... Jan 19 scientia potentia... 1
More from around the web