Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216606 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“First it steals your mind..”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#52831 Oct 15, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, dude.
Thought you might be wandering about at this hour.
Yo mate

Yep, 10AM in the morning.. At work... Boring as sh*t.

How's you?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#52832 Oct 15, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo mate
Yep, 10AM in the morning.. At work... Boring as sh*t.
How's you?
Nearly 0500 here, and working as well.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#52833 Oct 15, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nearly 0500 here, and working as well.
You are both wrong. I have it on good authority that it is 1:48 AM.

Good night!

Level 5

#52834 Oct 15, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nearly 0500 here, and working as well.
Hopefully getting off soon to go sleep?

Level 5

#52835 Oct 15, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Good night!
Damn, what timezone is that?
OLD HAPPY

Lubbock, TX

#52837 Oct 15, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
England owns the English language, because their tentacles, went as far as the US, Canada, Australia, Africa and even Asia. Before, these above countries have their form of language(s).
Germany is not English but German.
<quoted text> I agree!
The founding of The United Ststes and it's constitution was an act of divine providence. The founding fathers who were the framers of the constituion were from England. The English have kept the Christian faith for many hundreds of years. The supreme law of the the land still stands as a testament to their wisdom and fortitude and God has richly blessed their efforts to bestow freedom on the people of this great land. Yes the English language was brought here from England and it is also the language most people use to freely communicate with here on the world wide web. Bless you my Christian brother!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#52838 Oct 15, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, what timezone is that?
Pacific in the U.S.. You know, west coast, California, Oregon and Washington states.

Level 5

#52839 Oct 15, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Pacific in the U.S.. You know, west coast, California, Oregon and Washington states.
Oh yes that makes sense. I know East Coast is 6-7 hours behind us (depends on Daylight Savings)
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#52840 Oct 15, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Do that quickly!!!
That, quickly!

I still don't grok your angle Charles....unless you think you can torment people into slipping up and saying something Freudian about their fear of death. You might as well be annoying a stray cat when you do that with me. I'll just get angry or I'll just walk on by and ignore the silly posturing.

If there's a Christian God, he created a lot of people that Christianity disposes of rather than try to convert. It usually gets ugly from here.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#52841 Oct 15, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Hammer is not the only tool, used in building a house. We have measuring tapes, ranging poles, and even scales, etc. Are those ones, also included ?
Mathematics is more of a science than a language or Art.
Case and point regarding casual switching between little-endian and big-endian. This triviality has been going on too long. Get back on topic!

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#52842 Oct 15, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully getting off soon to go sleep?
Well, I'm off and home now, but I won't sleep until later.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#52843 Oct 15, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Good night!
Yipe...

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#52844 Oct 15, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Case and point regarding casual switching between little-endian and big-endian. This triviality has been going on too long. Get back on topic!
See who else gets that...

*helpless laughter*
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#52845 Oct 15, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And so?
You're reading my mind! Forget about degree definitions!

The Theory of Evolution is not a question of credentials. Applied math is only as good as the logic behind its application.

If you're trying to be an advocate for right-brain thinking, I won't be impressed. I'm already right-brain dominant and I don't like seeing people use their right-brain only in the moments where they want to get their own way.

That's strike two, against the Christian god for putting me in a world where selfish behavior masquerades as piety. Strike one was, of course, for not clearly finding dog pack mentality morally inexcusable.

I predict that strike three will entail some sort of rationalization for harassing the vulnerable in the name of God. Is there some Indian reservation somewhere that you want to kick all of the heathens out of so you can exploit the resources?

Fundamentalists are really SICK people.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#52846 Oct 15, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
There's only one creator.
The Flying Spaghetti Monster. RAMEN!
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#52847 Oct 15, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>See who else gets that...
*helpless laughter*
If you get it, you should be setting up Wi-Fi without a hitch! I originally used the term with KittenKoder so I don't think it's a problem.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#52848 Oct 15, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>See who else gets that...
*helpless laughter*
I'm curious, how could someone not understand that?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#52849 Oct 15, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"About 1 in 5 Americans now declare as "Atheist" or "Agnostic"."
Ummm nope! Not even close!
Wikipedia :
"people in the United States were most sure of the existence of God or a higher power (2% atheist, 4% agnostic)"
Doesn't look like 20% to anyone that can read! LOL idiot!
You got 2% confused with 20%
Maths not your strong suit is it?
What are you good at (other then lying)?
Anything? Anything at all?
Math ain't your strong suit either. Aren't all evolutionists just atheist Commies? And now here you are telling us that the atheists make up 2 percent of the population. Oh, and they also own the scientific community, the Government, the public schools AND the courts.

Anyway, isn't this supposed to be a science thread? You suck at that so I guess that's why you're babbling on about this irrelevant philosophical tangent.(shrug)

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#52850 Oct 15, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
If you get it, you should be setting up Wi-Fi without a hitch! I originally used the term with KittenKoder so I don't think it's a problem.
Pft, wifi is a breeze now. Try OpenGL coding, there are no endians on that plane.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#52851 Oct 15, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you totally nuts?
None of those laws could have come into being with out math, what a fool.
With out math there would be no science.
Moron.
And the funny part is I gave an example of a scientific experiment that didn't even need to use math. So either you're dumb or just plain lying (again). Your choice, I don't care.

Math is a language, not a science.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Might life have spontaneously have started mill... 9 min rogermunns 632
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 20 min scientia potentia... 48,388
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 2 hr Genesis Enigma 154,611
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 11 hr Porkncheese 179,706
Richard Dawkins tells the truth 11 hr Porkncheese 6
Science News (Sep '13) Fri _Susan_ 3,980
News Does Mike Pence Believe in Evolution? Thu scientia potentia... 9
More from around the web