Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 220673 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#51740 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Like the so called, evolution of humans from apes. No proof, to date.
All religions of the world no proof to date.....
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#51741 Oct 10, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
"Seek and you shall find"
"Stuff's gettin better"
Spambot!
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#51742 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Mathematics is a science. No dispute. Engineering needs more Mathematics than any other fields or disciplines.
Is mathematics a type of engineering?

No! Mathametics is mathematics. It is it's own field of study.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#51743 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Dreaming !!!
You know, there are so many one word responses from you today, I don't think this needs to go on.

Here's my response to that meaningless stuff.

"YOU! YOU! YOU!"

Now you can sit and spin for as long as you want!
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#51744 Oct 10, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationists rely on faith.
Evolutionists/religion relies on trying to destroy faith.
Faith will win every time.
:)
"Stuff's gettin better"
Spambot!

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#51745 Oct 10, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Is mathematics a type of engineering?
No! Mathametics is mathematics. It is it's own field of study.
But Engineering can not function effectively, without the use of Mathematics.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#51746 Oct 10, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong!
Faith is more than belief, its action.
Evolution is a religion designed to destroy faith.
Faith 1
Evolution 0
Spambot!

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#51747 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Mathematics is a science. No dispute. Engineering needs more Mathematics than any other fields or disciplines.

No, math is not science. Math is just descriptive formulation.

Science must adhere to the scientific method.
Science must observed and describe reality.

Math is a petty functionary of science.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#51748 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> But Engineering can not function effectively, without the use of Mathematics.
"Effectively" is a relative term. Stop hopping between "relative" and "absolute". You're just asking for people to dog you with questions.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#51749 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Like the so called, evolution of humans from apes. No proof, to date.

Gosh trolly yer right , but what about the evolution of apes to human?
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#51750 Oct 10, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Of Course...You Must Be Right.....I Actually Own A Few Faraday Boxes....And Believe Tesla To Be The Best Scientist/Inventor This Countries Ever Seen.
But Thanks For Presumming...Its Shows Your Ignorance And Bias.
Trying to keep the voices out of your head or just making sure your Kraco CB radio will work after the Ruskies attack with an EMP bomb?

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#51751 Oct 10, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Hell is an imaginary place. Why on Earth would someone need to be saved from a nonexistent location? Psst, Hogwarts is in a book too. Does that make Harry Potter real?
2000 out of 2500 ( roughly ) Prophesy have been fulfilled in the bible. Zero in Harry Potter have come true.

You keep using the comparison it works well for you and your clan.

Atheist have lost 97.7% of the world population from their congregation maybe bone heads like you is the reason for it. Or maybe disbelieve in God and believe all that is just happened by random chance is just too hard to swallow.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#51752 Oct 10, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Of Course...You Must Be Right.....I Actually Own A Few Faraday Boxes....And Believe Tesla To Be The Best Scientist/Inventor This Countries Ever Seen.
But Thanks For Presumming...Its Shows Your Ignorance And Bias.
Idiot, I have no need to presume when it comes to a fool like you. And yes, I can see that a survivalist nut like you might buy some Faraday cages and mistakenly use a brand name instead of calling them by their proper term.

Tesla also is appreciated by no minds with no technical abilities. Yes, he mad some neat stuff, but a lot of his work is misinterpreted by conspiracy nuts. He never did find a reasonable way to transmit power over the air and he definitely had a bit to learn about electromagnetic field theory.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#51753 Oct 10, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
2000 out of 2500 ( roughly ) Prophesy have been fulfilled in the bible. Zero in Harry Potter have come true.
Atheist have lost 97.7% of the world population from their congregation maybe bone heads like you is the reason for it. Or maybe disbelieve in God and believe all that is just happened by random chance is just too hard to swallow.
OH GOOD GAWD....No prophesies have come true.....Grow up.

Every year hundreds if not thousands of chucrehs close down..Most church parking lots are half full at best on bow grovel and worship day.....RELIGION IS DYING.....LIKE ALL MYTH DOES,..

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#51754 Oct 10, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Well I guess it is nice to hear that you are keeping up the good old traditions. So when you are having relations with a camel do you wear protection, or all you guts and go "bareback"?
You're rather creepy for wanting to know!

Atheist lost 97.7% of the world population that were once members of their clan and then you lost them. They are now Theist! Hell Gay have a bigger population and they can't even breed!

LOL
You pathetic dweeb!
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#51755 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No concrete proof to date, confirming that, humans evolved from apes. We are only hearing guesses and projections, which are unethical.
What is concrete proof? Given the absolute that pre-humans were in fact, pre-human, we were not there to witness events. We're not hearing wild-a@@ guesses. We're hearing thought out estimations of events based on the evidence we do have.

Now, what kind of evidence to Creationists use? They use one book written so long ago that the basics of writing were still fairly new. They had little math, less science and their stories had nothing to do with any kind of events that we'd consider possible in the natural world.

If you have an angle other than the literal interpretation of the bible, spill it. This schoolyard trash talk is juvenile.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#51756 Oct 10, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is a lie. Most of those are not true prophesies. A true prophecy has only one answer. For example the prophesies of Nostradamus were of this sort where they could be interpreted time after time to have "come true". For example the same prophecies were used for Hitler, JFK and the Twin Towers among others. Since there are multiple times one prophecy can be used it is the interpretation that is making the prophecy work not the prophecy itself. There are also writings in the Bible that were pretty clearly edited so that they would "fulfill" prophesy. The Jews can see through that and that is one reason that they do not accept Jesus as the Messiah. There are also some very obvious failed prophecies in the Bible. For example the Tyre prophecy may be the worst of these.

When looked at properly the Bible does not do very well with prophecies at all.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#51757 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Humans can never be called apes, never...
Humans are a type of ape.

See, I just called them apes.

So I proved you wrong.

That was easy.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#51758 Oct 10, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You've never seen the Whomping Willow in my back yard, I see!

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#51759 Oct 10, 2012
What error? Philosophy is not a required course in many universities. You then backpedaled and said that you meant only "in your country". Are you now admitting to your error in not limiting your claim to your own country?
Charles Idemi wrote:
Philosophy are not taken in my own country alone, but in other countries.
Now you're trying to change the subject in order to avoid admitting to your error.

You claimed that philosophy was a *required* course, and you failed to state that you were speaking only of "in your country".

So now you won't admit your error.

You are such a sad little fraud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 12 min Regolith Based Li... 28,321
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 29 min Dogen 61,382
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 6 hr Subduction Zone 160,311
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 12 hr Dogen 2,687
Curious dilemma about DNA 19 hr Subduction Zone 2
News Book aims to prove existence of God (Nov '09) Mar 23 Regolith Based Li... 99
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) Mar 16 Dogen 180,394
More from around the web