Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#51208 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
I was on Big Bird.
He's moonlighting.
http://www.freakingnews.com/We-Love-Big-Bird-...

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#51209 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama wasn't looking at the floor during the debate.
He was looking at his hands.
Romney had just handed him his own ass.
"Stuff's gettin better"
According to Fox News columnist Sally Kohn, vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan's speech at the Republican National Convention on Wednesday "was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech."

"On this measure, while it was Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold," Kohn wrote.

In a surprising move, Fox News joined CNN, The Huffington Post, the Washington Post's Wonkblog, and ThinkProgress in publishing a fact-check of the Republican vice presidential nominee's speech, finding that the speech was full of lies and misleading assertions.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/30/fox -...

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#51210 Oct 8, 2012
MIDutch wrote:
<quoted text>This would be a LIE!

Why do you "fundie xristian creotards" LIE so much?

Isn't LYING a sin in your religion?

I know I read a commandment about it somewhere.

Say "hi" to ha-Satan for us when you get to Hell.
Athiest is a Religion.

You must believe with out proof that God does not exist.

Believe with out proof is faith.

The dictionary says the word Religion can be substituted for the word Faith.

So you are here Preaching your religion.

That would kind of make you a preacher in the house of A thiest.

That's FACT!

Location hidden

#51211 Oct 8, 2012
Johny wrote:
<quoted text>Science has everything to do with math and statistics. Have you every heard of statistical thermodynamics. Math underpins all of science. Creationists understand that "machines" created by man, God or anyone else does not pose a problem for thermodynamics. The problem arises when you say the machines are created naturally! The Second Law of Thermodynamics defines what that "naturally" would be. We see that nature has a definite direction that does not lead to more complexity outside the statistically probable - e.g. snow flakes don't count for they are expected when temperatures are low enough. There have been a number of thought experiments that would suggest that it could be demonstrated!
"The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Dembski is an idiot. He's a mathematician, not a scientist, and not a very good one. Thermodynamics doesn't work the way creationists think it does otherwise you would not be alive to talk about it (for some reason they love to make up BS why evolution is wrong and inadvertently destroy all life on Earth, or sometimes the entire universe) and as for ID? It is so far undemonstrated. "

E=MC^2

Looks like math.
Smells like math.
Taste like math.

I think it is math you Fi(ken MORON!

"Perhaps the most devastating, non-scriptural argument against Evolutionism and for the Truth of the Bible and Creation is that of the Second Law of Thermodynamics."

http://objectiveministries.org/creation/slot....

What a Dolt

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#51212 Oct 8, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, please try to follow along. You required proof of a positive, that cannot be given in science. You can sometimes provide proof that something is wrong. So you can never prove a theory to be right, and that is what you were demanding. You can prove it to be wrong.
I know that is probably a difficult concept for your pointy little head. Keep trying, in about a year or two you should get it.
There is a critical flaw in your reasoning Sub Zone I explained it to you last night. The convergence of evidence proves it within reasonable doubt. But falsifiability means nothing is absolute.
But to by all methods of explanatory power known by men.

Evolution..and many other things are proven by scientific investigation. Learn the phrase and realize the strength.
Consilience is proof but nothing is absolute.

Consilience is enough to know and not guess or believe.

Science brings this convergence "in some cases" but not all.

Level 8

Location hidden

#51213 Oct 8, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd prefer it if you didn't indulge in scientific abstractions. It's kind of like watching a chimp smoke a cigarette. They don't have a clue. It's harmful to them. They just see others doing it.
Then there's the irony factor.
Chimps smoke for the same reason humans do, it's addictive.

Location hidden

#51214 Oct 8, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry. Incorrect. Science is math, physics, chemistry. APPLIED math CAN help - that is, using math whose axioms attempt to match up with reality, but math alone is NOT science. Math is an abstract. It is a language, not a science. And as such language does not have to conform with reality.

Johny wrote, "Creationists understand that "machines" created by man, God or anyone else does not pose a problem for thermodynamics."

I very much doubt that there is any published peer-reviewed scientific paper on thermodynamics that mentions "God" in any way. Or any other field for that matter.

Johny wrote, "The problem arises when you say the machines are created naturally! The Second Law of Thermodynamics defines what that "naturally" would be."

Actually thermodynamics has little to say on these matters, as it's generally about heat transfer.

Johny wrote, "We see that nature has a definite direction that does not lead to more complexity outside the statistically probable - e.g. snow flakes don't count for they are expected when temperatures are low enough."

Ah, so complexity is dependant on a lack of heat? How exactly is "complexity" measured?

Johny wrote, "There have been a number of thought experiments that would suggest that it could be demonstrated!"

Either the experiment was performed, or someone thought about doing it and didn't bother.(shrug) What experiments are those and what are they supposed to demonstrate?

Dude! You changed out your piss rug yet?

"Return to BibleProbe
Visit the Message Board
Atheism Hits a Brick Wall:
The First Law of Thermodynamics

By Chuck Missler (From his Book "The Creator Beyond Time and Space")

The First Law of Thermodynamics asserts that matter or its energy equivalent can neither be created nor destroyed under natural circumstances.1 One of the logical outcomes of this law is that there is no new matter or energy appearing anywhere in the universe, nor is there any matter being annihilated. All matter and energy in the universe is conserved. Consequently, this law is often referred to as the Law of Conservation of Mass and Energy. Although matter can neither be created nor destroyed, it can be converted from one state to another, i.e. from a liquid to a gas, liquid to solid, solid to gas. The overwhelming experience of experimental physics confirms this First Law to be a fact. As we shall see, this law has enormous implications regarding the origin of matter in our universe.

Proton Decay

Protons are positively charged particles which reside in the nucleus of every atom. Each proton consists of a least three quarks. For decades it was assumed that protons were eternally stable. However, physicists now believe that quarks decay into antiquarks, pions and positive electrons, and electromagnetic radiation.2 This decay process occurs at a rate of only once per proton per 1032 years. Consequently, since this process is irreversible, all the atoms in the universe will eventually decay into irretrievable matter. Even though this process of decay will take an enormously long period of time, it is not infinite."

Location hidden

#51215 Oct 8, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>What inference is that?

No statement about the real world can be "proven absolutely".
"No statement about the real world can be "proven absolutely"

Here is an absolute proven fact in the real world. "You're reading this right now"
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#51216 Oct 8, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Athiest is a Religion.
That's FACT!
How many demands to prove a negative does that make today?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#51217 Oct 8, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Chimps smoke for the same reason humans do, it's addictive.
Well, I suppose if you let them! Who'd get them on a pack a day habit anyway. It's expensive!

Level 8

Location hidden

#51218 Oct 8, 2012
I think stuff was created , mind you not out of thin air or anything. Also I am atheist and think evolution is the best explanation of how life has responded to um...living.
SO this means by definition you can call me. an..

Creoathevoceanist \\Earth created life, it evolved , there isn't any gods!

:)

Level 8

Location hidden

#51219 Oct 8, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I suppose if you let them! Who'd get them on a pack a day habit anyway. It's expensive!
Well I never said it was a good idea.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#51220 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
Subduction.
Tell the grey socks (Whomever they belong to) that I am not only not responding to non registered posters, but I scroll quickly by them without reading them.
If they want to post to me and get a response, they will need to register, or log in to their already existing account.
"Stuff's gettin better"
Don't wanna!

I'm not giving Topix, or anyone else, names or email addresses to profile or spam me with. If it's important enough to them, they can always spend some money and get the information from the ISP.

No privacy, no free content from me. That's the rules.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#51221 Oct 8, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Well I never said it was a good idea.
That's one more idea than Starky's come up with.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#51222 Oct 8, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> There is a critical flaw in your reasoning Sub Zone I explained it to you last night. The convergence of evidence proves it within reasonable doubt. But falsifiability means nothing is absolute.
But to by all methods of explanatory power known by men.
Evolution..and many other things are proven by scientific investigation. Learn the phrase and realize the strength.
Consilience is proof but nothing is absolute.
Consilience is enough to know and not guess or believe.
Science brings this convergence "in some cases" but not all.
I know the convergence of evidence could be considered to be proof. I saw your post. And I agree, but I am trying to keep it simple for a simpleton.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#51223 Oct 8, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
I think stuff was created , mind you not out of thin air or anything. Also I am atheist and think evolution is the best explanation of how life has responded to um...living.
SO this means by definition you can call me. an..
Creoathevoceanist \\Earth created life, it evolved , there isn't any gods!
In physics nothing does not exist. Have you checked out "A Universe From Nothing" by Lawerence Krauss?

He explains how our universe could have started "out of nothing".
Priest

Tulsa, OK

#51224 Oct 8, 2012
Dear God,
Please settle this argument about your existance once and for all. Use your unlimited power to get yourself booked on Jay Leno. Then do a few tricks and there will be no doubt. Maybe turn Jay into a monkey. You don't have to leave him like that, but it's your call. Right now I don't believe in that fairy tale about you, but you can change that with an appearance. Anxiously awaiting your arrival.
P.S. Don't send your kid. He talks in asinine riddles.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#51225 Oct 8, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me see if I've got this right.
Evolution is a patriarchal system of sexual repression with invisible flying Jewish magicians pushing people around.
If you say so.
Its junk science as far as everyone else is concerned.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Patagonia

#51226 Oct 8, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Athiest is a Religion.
That's FACT!
Did you ever come up with that proof that god exists??

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#51227 Oct 8, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever come up with that proof that god exists??
There is more testimony of Gods existence than there is of a missing link.
In fact, most oath's of office require that the person taking the oath swear to God.
People place their hand on a book with Gods words swearing to tell the truth.(So help you God)

Do you swear to the missing link that you'll tell the truth next time you post?

"Stuff's gettin better"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Darwin on the rocks 7 min Chimney1 343
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 37 min DanFromSmithville 138,167
Monkey VS Man 5 hr Bluenose 14
Bobby Jindal: "I'm Not an Evolutionary Biologist" 17 hr MikeF 351
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism 21 hr Chimney1 692
Charles Darwin's credentials and Evolution 23 hr TurkanaBoy 204
There is no scientific evidence whatsoever for ... Oct 17 Discord 431

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE