Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164828 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#51160 Oct 8, 2012
*Your*

Because "You evolved into your"

Hahahaha!

“I don't give a crap anymore.”

Since: Jan 08

Plainfield, IL

#51161 Oct 8, 2012
dang lol

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#51162 Oct 8, 2012
I am sure that no matter how many times I tell Starky to go back and read my post he will never see his error:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muphry%27s_law

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#51163 Oct 8, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't even make a decent joke.
As I said earlier: Next!
I can't make nearly as good a joke as you.
But I do intend to help remove your joke from office in a few weeks.

:)

"Stuff's gettin better"

Level 9

Everett, WA

#51164 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't make nearly as good a joke as you.
But I do intend to help remove your joke from office in a few weeks.
:)
"Stuff's gettin better"
Really? My guy is not in office. So that means you will be voting for Obama. I thought there was reason you had his picture as your avatar.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#51165 Oct 8, 2012
Johny wrote:
<quoted text>
The Second Law of Thermo uses an inference, and so does ID. If thermodynamics is science then ID is science. Have you ever read anything by Dembski?
Yes. Dembski is an idiot. He's a mathematician, not a scientist, and not a very good one. Thermodynamics doesn't work the way creationists think it does otherwise you would not be alive to talk about it (for some reason they love to make up BS why evolution is wrong and inadvertently destroy all life on Earth, or sometimes the entire universe) and as for ID? It is so far undemonstrated.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#51166 Oct 8, 2012
Ruse is a kind of purist, he likes to keep atheism clean:
But I think first that these people do a disservice to scholarship. Their treatment of the religious viewpoint is pathetic to the point of non-being. Richard Dawkins in The God Delusion would fail any introductory philosophy or religion course. Proudly he criticizes that whereof he knows nothing. As I have said elsewhere, for the first time in my life, I felt sorry for the ontological argument. If we criticized gene theory with as little knowledge as Dawkins has of religion and philosophy, he would be rightly indignant.(He was just this when, thirty years ago, Mary Midgeley went after the selfish gene concept without the slightest knowledge of genetics.) Conversely, I am indignant at the poor quality of the argumentation in Dawkins, Dennett, Hitchens, and all of the others in that group.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#51167 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>WOW!
You keen insight has just totally convinced me and I can now embrace the religion of evolution.
(End sarcasm)
But seriously, the questions are not outdated as they have never been answered and to be honest, they will never be answered by the religion of evolution.
"Stuff's gettin better"
Of course! When things are answered just pretend they aren't answered! It's the creationist way! Just lie like hell and God will forgive you. Because YOU are IMPORTANT! He PERSONALLY gave you your get out of jail free card!

Remember, God is watching...

Level 5

Location hidden

#51168 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>WOW!
You keen insight has just totally convinced me and I can now embrace the religion of evolution.
(End sarcasm)
But seriously, the questions are not outdated as they have never been answered and to be honest, they will never be answered by the religion of evolution.
"Stuff's gettin better"
You must mean that hey can never be answered because they are framed wrong. If the question starts out a garbled mess, it takes but 5 minutes to pose it, but would take us at least 5 hours to set the concepts right and explain what it is about.
That is apart from your understanding and willingness to learn.
The thread is called creation v. evolution, and this in my understanding mean that we are stil waiting for the comprehensive, convincing and thus detailed explanation as to how this process exactly took place. Still waiting.

We discussed ID and it's originator, and that the very theory leaves room for evolution. Frankly is all about evolution, but not aware then of RNA and ERV's.
You are going about things as some student that can't fix a math-problem and therefore throws out his books and declares it nonsense.
Yep that anger issue again. ;)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#51169 Oct 8, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Apes can not invent concrete things like aeroplanes, jets, televisions, satellites etc.
Did someone say they could? And I can't brachiate worth a damn.

What's your point?

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#51170 Oct 8, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? My guy is not in office. So that means you will be voting for Obama. I thought there was reason you had his picture as your avatar.
I can understand why you would want to distance yourself from Obama.
Many of his followers learned after the debate with Romney exactly why we have referred to them as idiots for the last four years.

That must be a hard pill to swallow.

"Stuff's gettin better"

Level 5

Location hidden

#51171 Oct 8, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I rather like looking at it, but i think it's the one the visceral racist have turn into osama.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#51172 Oct 8, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, my spelling was correct since I never referred to Murphy's Law in that post. You don't have to trust me, go back and check for yourself.
Starky once again demonstrating the fundie lack of a sense of humour.

I got it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#51173 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of his followers learned after the debate with Romney exactly why we have referred to them as idiots for the last four years.
"Stuff's gettin better"
Why would I need to distance myself from Obama? You already implied that you are voting for him. You seem to have the mistaken idea that all evolutionists are liberal atheists. You would of course be wrong, but then that should not come as a surprise to you.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#51174 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
"Stuff's gettin better"
Why do you hate kittens?

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#51175 Oct 8, 2012
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
You must mean that hey can never be answered because they are framed wrong. If the question starts out a garbled mess, it takes but 5 minutes to pose it, but would take us at least 5 hours to set the concepts right and explain what it is about.
That is apart from your understanding and willingness to learn.
The thread is called creation v. evolution, and this in my understanding mean that we are stil waiting for the comprehensive, convincing and thus detailed explanation as to how this process exactly took place. Still waiting.
We discussed ID and it's originator, and that the very theory leaves room for evolution. Frankly is all about evolution, but not aware then of RNA and ERV's.
You are going about things as some student that can't fix a math-problem and therefore throws out his books and declares it nonsense.
Yep that anger issue again. ;)
Yawn!
A math problem should ultimately have an answer.
Evolution has none.
A religion based on belief without substance.

If you see anger, it is either your own projection or your own paranoia.

Level 5

Location hidden

#51176 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
"Stuff's gettin better"
Huh because Romney claim schooling and healthcare are not affordable unless the US borrows from the Chinese, and therefore get's us deeper in depth.
I can so relate to Obama looking at the floor and shaking his head.
He was of course supposed to have decked the guy.
Well maybe in his minds-eye he was.;)
Most plans were rebup ideas in the first place, but now we get scorched earth rethorics, not heard since Vietnam, just to get a black president out.
Madness one and all.
Johny

League City, TX

#51177 Oct 8, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
What inference is that?
The statement of the second law start off with a negative - e.g. It is impossible for a cyclically operating device to convert thermal energy to mechanical energy by use of one thermal reservoir. Although we can never prove the statements absolutely, since it has always been shown to be true, we can infer the veracity of the statement. The similar inference can be made from Dembski's exploratory filter.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#51178 Oct 8, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I need to distance myself from Obama? You already implied that you are voting for him. You seem to have the mistaken idea that all evolutionists are liberal atheists. You would of course be wrong, but then that should not come as a surprise to you.
LOL

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#51179 Oct 8, 2012
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh because Romney claim schooling and healthcare are not affordable unless the US borrows from the Chinese, and therefore get's us deeper in depth.
I can so relate to Obama looking at the floor and shaking his head.
He was of course supposed to have decked the guy.
Well maybe in his minds-eye he was.;)
Most plans were rebup ideas in the first place, but now we get scorched earth rethorics, not heard since Vietnam, just to get a black president out.
Madness one and all.
Obama wasn't looking at the floor during the debate.
He was looking at his hands.
Romney had just handed him his own ass.

"Stuff's gettin better"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr ChromiuMan 141,476
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr MikeF 19,151
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 6 hr NoahLovesU 178,622
proof of gods existence .....or lack there of 11 hr Dogen 112
How would creationists explain... (Nov '14) Mon MikeF 490
When is Quote Mining Justified? May 31 Zog Has-fallen 28
Christian Theology and the Natural Sciences are... May 30 Zog Has-fallen 1
More from around the web