Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 2,447)

Showing posts 48,921 - 48,940 of106,075
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Pull on the other one, it has bells on.
Surely you can do better than that. You obviously either do not understand the theory of evolution and the evidence that supports it or you do not understand the meaning of the words "speculative" and "substantive".
I understand the true definition.
Not the one you would apply.
Since evidence IS proof, yet you say your religion cannot be proved,you have no evidence.
You have bits and pieces and you have speculation as to what they are and what they mean, along with your over zealous need to attempt to disprove creation.
This is not only your religion, but a religion nearly as fanatical as the one which flew planes into buildings in NYC only a decade ago.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy you have incredibly poor reading capability. The phrase was "proof of a positive". Go back and read the post again.
Boy, your religion has blinded you from the truth.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
It Is Yet Another Failure By Science, To Ignore And Ridicule That Which I Have Seen Personally.
Do You Suppose Its The Shape Of Their Heads That Promotes Blindness ?
On the contrary, it's the failure of yourself for being incapable of backing yourself up.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Find the source and link it. Why should I believe a lying creationist? Until you do so you have no quote.
Awwwe
Poor little crybaby resorting to name calling again?
Waa,!

Your religion/evolution is blinding you.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

MazHere wrote:
So there is the difference.
I suggest that the empirical data supports Genesis, and therefore a creationist paradigm in general, better than it suppports TOE.
EXCELLENT! You may be my only hope for salvation in Christ! Okely dokely! SO! Evolution has been falsified and is no longer in the picture and now creationism is the only game in town! Please demonstrate how scientific evidence provides empirical testable support for Creationism, also known as GODDIDIT WITH MAGIC!

Thanks in advance.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Johny wrote:
To say evolution is an established fact is pure dishonesty. It shows that evolution is even more "religion" than science. There are so many gaps in the evolutionary tree - nothing connects in a clear fashion. It is a lot of hand waving with little facts. Saying that we see micro changes in life does not support the larger evolutionary construct.
Actually Johnny since it has already been demonstrated for you the fact you still make this grandiose claim without backing yourself up shows you are nothing but pure dishonest.

Doesn't your religion have a Commandment from God about that somewhere?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

President Starky wrote:
Finally, it is like pulling teeth to get you to post a proper quote. And to show that even Michael Ruse does not really agree with the quote you posted, from the article you linked:
Is evolution, Darwinian evolution in particular, a religion? To sound like the philosopher that I am, it all depends on what you mean by "religion."
So, what about Darwinism? I don't think believing that Charles Darwin's theory of evolution through natural selection (his version or today's version) commits you to religious belief.
So, if someone like Richard Dawkins indignantly protests that his passion about these sorts of things -- the passion that drives the "God Delusion" -- should not be taken as a religious passion, I am happy to accept that. I do nevertheless think that often Dawkins and company show the sociological characteristics of the religious.
And some very weak support for you:
Having conceded this, I do also think that there are and have been Darwinians who have made something of a religion -- call it a secular religion, if you like -- out of their science.
Yes, he did make that quote. Was he serious, not really. Some people make evolution their religion, but then some people make religion out of anything. I know that I would drop evolution if evidence was found that showed it to be wrong and so would every other poster here. I personally do not know of any atheists who take evolution as a religion.

What you did was quote mining. A form of lying. When you posted the complete article it bit you in the butt.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup that's why it called The fact of evolution and not the Theory of Evolution.
6 months later even after detailed explanations links to dictionary definitions and you STILL can't get it right.(shrug)

Bub, you have problems with English, you CERTAINLY ain't gonna be able to talk about science.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we can.
Plants do not evolve into animals.
At no time has one kind of animal ever given birth to a new kind of animal.
If this had happen in the past to create all life that ever lived on earth then it would still be happening. But it's not happening, not today not last year not last decade not the last millennium.
Billions and billions of life forms on earth and macro evolution isn't happening.
It's just doesn't happen.
In that case you got 2448 pages to debunk. And counting.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Since evidence IS proof, yet you say your religion cannot be proved,you have no evidence.
You have bits and pieces and you have speculation as to what they are and what they mean, along with your over zealous need to attempt to disprove creation.
This is not only your religion, but a religion nearly as fanatical as the one which flew planes into buildings in NYC only a decade ago.
Wrong again. You are still misusing the word proof. We have much more than bits and pieces. We have a working scientific theory. You by the way are a hypocrite. You drive a car that relies on oil that is found using evolution as a tool. If you get sick you use medicine that used evolution as a tool. You still don't know what a religion is. My zealousness is against liars and their attempts to ruin the U.S. educational system. By the way, I have a huge problem with political correctness and what they have done to the educational system too.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwwe
Poor little crybaby resorting to name calling again?
Waa,!
Your religion/evolution is blinding you.
We cross posted fool. How was I being a crybaby? You finally did post the article I demanded and I found that you had quote mined. In other words, you lied.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Gillette, your base ignorance is staggering. If you're going to attempt to defend evolution, start sticking to facts rather than making an utter fool of yourself. You're parroting the same recycled BS that atheists have been peddling for decades... all of which has been soundly debunked over and over again. A word of advice... Bedtime stories do not constitute science. If you deflate all of the atheist meanderings from your post, you're left with an empty chair.
Atheism? BONG!!! Thanks once again HTS for telling everyone you reject science cuz you think GODDIDIT WITH MAGIC. "Gee, how shall we go about falsifying evolution today then? I KNOW! I'll keep whining about them mean old ATHEISTS! HAAHAHA!!!!"
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

President Starky wrote:
2012 has been a very BAD year for Darwinism and atheism:
http://questionevolution.blogspot.com/2012/10...
"Presiden† S†arky says s†uff's ge††in be††er"
Ah. So your approach is also to claim science is wrong cuz Goddidit with magic.

6,000 years ago.

And for some reason you expect the scientific community to take you seriously.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
YET ANOTHER Creationist who wants to trick someone into proving a negative!

It's not any scientists job to disprove your hokey-pokey wisdom.

Are you just out to get people kicked off of Topix with your cute little hat dance?

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you implying that Dogen is a sock puppet? You fool, he has almost 27,000 posts here compared to my 3,000.
Let me guess, this is a "scientific mathematical term" which "evidences" some erroneous point you're attempting to make without the use of logic or substance.
Right?

LOL

"Stuff's gettin better"
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

PROFESSOR X wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments are an example that you do not know your bible. You have go to read the passage further. Israel losing the battle was actually A FULFILLMENT of the WORD OF GOD.
JUDGES 2:1-4
Then the Angel of the LORD came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said: "I led you up from Egypt and brought you to the land of which I swore to your fathers; and I said,'I will never break My covenant with you.
'And you shall make no covenant with the inhabitants of this land; you shall tear down their altars.' BUT YOU HAVE NOT OBEYED MY VOICE. Why have you done this?
"THEREFORE I also said,'I will not drive them out before you; but they shall be [thorns] in your side, and their gods shall be a snare to you.' "
So it was, when the Angel of the LORD spoke these words to all the children of Israel, that the people lifted up their voices and wept. Judges 2:1-4
God’s promise through Joshua was NOT an unconditional guarantee that the children of Israel would possess all of the land they had been promised. It was conditional, based upon the faithfulness of the Israelites and their obedience to God’s commandments. After all, God never would force the Israelites to clear the wooded areas against their will. Neither would He force them to conquer the iron chariots. The two verses under discussion easily could be dealing with land that God chose not to clear of its previous inhabitants because of the disobedience of the people of Judah.
Atheist's Are Imaginary
O hai there again, fake prof ya big liar! I see you're still lying fer Jesus even tho he COMMANDED you DON'T DO IT! Well, at least you've been honest enough to come out and say that you don't believe in science cuz GODDIDIT WITH MAGIC! Kinda blows your pretense of "scientific falsification" of evolution apart, dunnit?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn!
Atheism/Darwinism is a dying religion.
Maybe.

But evolution is not atheism.

In fact people have already pointed out the fact that Christians accept evolution. So how come it's always the anti-evolutionists who come here who have to lie?

Don't worry, we already know.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
You have lost.

LOL
... says the young Earth creationist...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Err,eehh Uhhh!
The future or knowing the future has nothing to do with free will.
Individuals are not predestined.
Put it this way, Regardless of the individuals actions, the ultimate outcome for God is known.(By God)
You are only responsible for your own actions and those actions will determine your own personal outcome.=Free will.
Congratulations, you just contradicted yourself. Don't worry, fundies do that all the time - it's a requirement for creationism.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
It indicates your lack of knowledge, Not Gods.
He knows what the result of your actions will be.
You choose the action.
He chooses the result.
"Stuff's gettin better"
Ah, another fundie who thinks he knows more about God than other people. Uhuh, and the Hindi know more about God than you do.(shrug)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 48,921 - 48,940 of106,075
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••