Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 2,446)

Showing posts 48,901 - 48,920 of111,962
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Err,eehh Uhhh!
The future or knowing the future has nothing to do with free will.
Individuals are not predestined.
Put it this way, Regardless of the individuals actions, the ultimate outcome for God is known.(By God)
You are only responsible for your own actions and those actions will determine your own personal outcome.=Free will.
Congratulations, you just contradicted yourself. Don't worry, fundies do that all the time - it's a requirement for creationism.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
It indicates your lack of knowledge, Not Gods.
He knows what the result of your actions will be.
You choose the action.
He chooses the result.
"Stuff's gettin better"
Ah, another fundie who thinks he knows more about God than other people. Uhuh, and the Hindi know more about God than you do.(shrug)
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally, it is like pulling teeth to get you to post a proper quote. And to show that even Michael Ruse does not really agree with the quote you posted, from the article you linked:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
And some very weak support for you:
<quoted text>
Yes, he did make that quote. Was he serious, not really. Some people make evolution their religion, but then some people make religion out of anything. I know that I would drop evolution if evidence was found that showed it to be wrong and so would every other poster here. I personally do not know of any atheists who take evolution as a religion.
What you did was quote mining. A form of lying. When you posted the complete article it bit you in the butt.
I think the observation that he failed to make, that would bring closure to the statement, is that both religion and Evolution are some people's way to game the system. Personal greed and self-esteem are far more important than faith to a lot of people, and it's politically disadvantageous and a waste of time to call them out on their deceptions.

Obviously Starky's got election year fever. He sees a win as long as he can spout his negativity. He probably thinks he'll win converts over to his mean-spirited thinking. Too bad if it's true. Life goes on.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
And of course "have to college" should be "have two college". Sometimes I type too fast and don't catch my typos until the very second I hit the post button.
Yes, but unlike you and your socks,,I mean cohorts,cough,cough,, we don't go back and whine about your misspellings,oops, I mean "typos"
LOL

:)

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

By the way Starky, you asked for evidence of hominid evolution and I posted it for you. Did you look it over? Did you find anything that you can debunk?

And in another vein, evolution is a scientific theory. As part of the theory it makes several models. If those models do not match reality then there is something wrong with the theory. Creationism has no theory. One of the main reasons is that they cannot make models that match reality. There is no creationism model of the fossil record that matches the real fossil record. The evolutionary model has no problem with reality. Evolution has a model of how DNA would appear in different animals. Creationism has no model that matches observed DNA. The discovery of ERV's agrees with the evolutionary model, it does not agree with any known creation models.

I could go on and on.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
A discussion where you decide what constitutes meaningful?
LOL
For some reason, nothing you have said thus far has been a challenge.
You can no more prove that man evolved from apes than I can prove that God put Man here.
On the contrary, one has scientific evidence. One does not.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

So far there has been no scientific evidence of God, at least not presented around these parts anyways.

I'M LOOKIN' AT YOU, HTS! YOU STILL HERE? ANY DAY NOW, RIGHT?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess, this is a "scientific mathematical term" which "evidences" some erroneous point you're attempting to make without the use of logic or substance.
Right?
LOL
"Stuff's gettin better"
I was wondering why you made that foolish statement about "the sock drawer" being thrown open.

What did you mean by that Starky?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
There has been no evidence produced.
No missing link.
Nothing.
To be fair, I have already stated my beliefs but you're looking for a specific religion to attack.
LOL
Faith is not a religion.
Evolution is a religion.
One is an action word (Faith)
One is a belief (Darwinism)
There is more proof of biblical events and actual people named in the Bible than there is of a fossilized missing link.
What you fail to understand is that God is the authority on all science. He is the ultimate scientist.
The only evolution came right after he put everything in motion.
Now, whether he used the exact words "Let there be light" or whether he said Hey everybody, check out this big bang I'm about to create, We may never know.
Ah. I see your scientific education is at least 100 years out of date.

As for God being the ultimate authority on all things science, well, maybe. But since God Himself cannot be scientifically demonstrated such a claim is without merit. At the very least, if such a thing exists, it could quite easily be nothing like how you imagine it to be.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
You have none.
You have bones with no proof that they are human ancestors.
No DNA.
Nothing.
Actually we have quite a bit. So much in fact that the fundies prefer to whine about atheism rather than deal with the evidence.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but unlike you and your socks,,I mean cohorts,cough,cough,, we don't go back and whine about your misspellings,oops, I mean "typos"
LOL
Actually you do. And that was clearly a typo since I caught it immediately. Nice try but a clear failure on your part.

Trust me, I have no sock puppets on this site. I am too busy to even participate myself, much less try and enter for socks at the same time. Dogen clearly has a different posting method than I do. I tend to fly off the handle a bit and he takes his time. Of course he has been here a LOT longer than I have. I am off and on here. Sometimes I am quite active, sometimes I am not. Since it is a political year it is important to be active.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I am not anyone's alter-ego. Believe it or don't. I doubt you want to reconsider your perception of reality anyway.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn!
As I said Even your ignorance will be used for Gods glory.
LOL
Lucky him.

I doubt the ignorance of creationists will be used for God's glory though. He'll probably say "Okay, we'll chalk those up as just another little whoopsie!"

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally, it is like pulling teeth to get you to post a proper quote. And to show that even Michael Ruse does not really agree with the quote you posted, from the article you linked:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
And some very weak support for you:
<quoted text>
Yes, he did make that quote. Was he serious, not really. Some people make evolution their religion, but then some people make religion out of anything. I know that I would drop evolution if evidence was found that showed it to be wrong and so would every other poster here. I personally do not know of any atheists who take evolution as a religion.
What you did was quote mining. A form of lying. When you posted the complete article it bit you in the butt.
"Finally"?
You said you couldn't find the statement and like the crybaby you are, called me a liar for posting it.
I found many links but purposely gave you the most liberal,leftist rag link so that you would click on it.

"Having conceded this, I do also think that there are and have been Darwinians who have made something of a religion -- call it a secular religion, if you like -- out of their science. At the time of Darwin himself, his great defender Thomas Henry Huxley (grandfather of the novelist Aldous Huxley) set out consciously to make of Darwinism a phenomenon that not only substituted for religion but that gave the same emotional satisfactions of religion. Like those who were to follow, Huxley did not see the world (as would I and Dawkins) as blind and meaningless, but rather as something with a direction -- a direction upwards as evolution led progressively to our species. As the Christian sees the world made for humans, so Huxley saw the world preparing for humans, and as the Christian sees moral action centered on humans so likewise Huxley saw moral action centered on humans.

Evolution= Religion....
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
This is about the time when I should tell you to GFY or to stick it where the sun don't shine. Also to point out what an ignorant,intolerant POS lying SOB you truly are.
However, Topix TOS requires that my posts be polite in nature so I'm not going to say those things.
In fact, I simply refuse to use that type of language.
"Stuff's gettin better"
I see you did not address his post directly and went straight for ad-hom. How does the hypocrisy of creationists tie up with the 9th Commandment? Or is it a simple get out of jail free card reserved for important people?

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
By the way Starky, you asked for evidence of hominid evolution and I posted it for you. Did you look it over? Did you find anything that you can debunk?
And in another vein, evolution is a scientific theory. As part of the theory it makes several models. If those models do not match reality then there is something wrong with the theory. Creationism has no theory. One of the main reasons is that they cannot make models that match reality. There is no creationism model of the fossil record that matches the real fossil record. The evolutionary model has no problem with reality. Evolution has a model of how DNA would appear in different animals. Creationism has no model that matches observed DNA. The discovery of ERV's agrees with the evolutionary model, it does not agree with any known creation models.
I could go on and on.
Not true.
I asked for proof that Man evolved from apes.
You provided nothing.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

And Starky, the errors that woofy makes are not "typos". His posts are train wrecks. At least every other word capitalized, poor spelling, misuse of punctuation and hard to parse at times. Do you seriously think that he graduated from high school, much less from college with two degrees?

And he saw Bigfoot and could have shot him. At best he would have hit a bear, at worst another hunter. People like woofy are what makes hunting a risky sport.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wondering why you made that foolish statement about "the sock drawer" being thrown open.
What did you mean by that Starky?
LOL
You tell me.
It seems to have struck some kind of nerve.
But really, lets not make this personal.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

President Starky wrote:
Questions for Evolutionists:
"How did life originate?
The theory of evolution does not rely on abiogenesis, for the same reasons the theory of gravity does not rely on the origin of mass, and the germ theory of disease not rely on the origin of germs.
President Starky wrote:
Evolutionist Professor Paul Davies admitted,“Nobody knows how a mixture of lifeless chemicals spontaneously organized themselves into the first living cell.”1 Andrew Knoll, professor of biology, Harvard, said,“we don’t really know how life originated on this planet”.2 A minimal cell needs several hundred proteins. Even if every atom in the universe were an experiment with all the correct amino acids present for every possible molecular vibration in the supposed evolutionary age of the universe, not even one average-sized functional protein would form.
Do you have a scientific citation? Or just another Young Earth fundie site?
President Starky wrote:
So how did life with hundreds of proteins originate just by chemistry without intelligent design?
How did it originate WITH intelligent design? What makes it a better idea?

Since no evidence has ever been provided, or for that matter even any mechanisms been proposed, it fails at all levels.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
"Finally"?
You said you couldn't find the statement and like the crybaby you are, called me a liar for posting it.
I found many links but purposely gave you the most liberal,leftist rag link so that you would click on it.
"Having conceded this, I do also think that there are and have been Darwinians who have made something of a religion -- call it a secular religion, if you like -- out of their science. At the time of Darwin himself, his great defender Thomas Henry Huxley (grandfather of the novelist Aldous Huxley) set out consciously to make of Darwinism a phenomenon that not only substituted for religion but that gave the same emotional satisfactions of religion. Like those who were to follow, Huxley did not see the world (as would I and Dawkins) as blind and meaningless, but rather as something with a direction -- a direction upwards as evolution led progressively to our species. As the Christian sees the world made for humans, so Huxley saw the world preparing for humans, and as the Christian sees moral action centered on humans so likewise Huxley saw moral action centered on humans.
Evolution= Religion....
No, I demanded that you supply your link. I did not look very hard for it. I merely looked up Michael Ruse and saw what sort of person he was. He did not seem likely to have written that piece. And I was correct in a sense since you quoted it out of context. And yes, he said for SOME people it is a religion. That does not mean it is a religion. For some people watching Oprah was a religion, that does not make the Oprah show a religious show or her an icon of any religion.

I know, you have trouble with logical thought and merely pick and choose what looks like it might support your foolish claims. If you read the whole article it is clear that he did not.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you do. And that was clearly a typo since I caught it immediately. Nice try but a clear failure on your part.
Trust me, I have no sock puppets on this site. I am too busy to even participate myself, much less try and enter for socks at the same time. Dogen clearly has a different posting method than I do. I tend to fly off the handle a bit and he takes his time. Of course he has been here a LOT longer than I have. I am off and on here. Sometimes I am quite active, sometimes I am not. Since it is a political year it is important to be active.
Why are you whining?
I didn't notice nor care about a typo.
I was simply teasing you for going back and correcting yourself.
LOL
Does your religion/evolution prohibit you from humor?

"Stuff's gettin better"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 48,901 - 48,920 of111,962
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Evolution Debate Forum right now

Search the Evolution Debate Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 45 min One way or another 171,253
Intelligent Design - Deist style (Dec '09) 51 min FREE SERVANT 51
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr TurkanaBoy 133,137
When Will Evolutionists Confess Their Atheistic... 3 hr TurkanaBoy 1,245
Science News (Sep '13) Fri positronium 2,822
Ann Coulter: Idiot (Sep '11) Jul 10 DanFromSmithville 358
Plan your Relocation needs with Packers and Mov... Jul 7 shashi12 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••