Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
48,721 - 48,740 of 113,285 Comments Last updated 14 min ago

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50895
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Questions for Evolutionists:

"How do ‘living fossils’ remain unchanged over supposed hundreds of millions of years, if evolution has changed worms into humans in the same time frame? Professor Gould wrote,“the maintenance of stability within species must be considered as a major evolutionary problem.”7 See: Living fossils: a powerful argument for creation.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50896
Oct 7, 2012
 
Now spamming the site could be grounds for banning, I would suggest that you refrain from such practices.

All of your questions have been answered. Why don't you ask them politely? We know that you have admitted that you don't want to see the answers.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50897
Oct 7, 2012
 
President Starky wrote:
Questions for Evolutionists:
"How could mutations—accidental copying mistakes (DNA ‘letters’ exchanged, deleted or added, genes duplicated, chromosome inversions, etc.)—create the huge volumes of information in the DNA of living things? How could such errors create 3 billion letters of DNA information to change a microbe into a microbiologist? There is information for how to make proteins but also for controlling their use—much like a cookbook contains the ingredients as well as the instructions for how and when to use them. One without the other is useless. See: Meta-information: An impossible conundrum for evolution. Mutations are known for their destructive effects, including over 1,000 human diseases such as hemophilia. Rarely are they even helpful. But how can scrambling existing DNA information create a new biochemical pathway or nano-machines with many components, to make ‘goo-to-you’ evolution possible? E.g., How did a 32-component rotary motor like ATP synthase (which produces the energy currency, ATP, for all life), or robots like kinesin (a ‘postman’ delivering parcels inside cells) originate? See: The evolution train’s a-comin’(Sorry, a-goin’—in the wrong direction).
That is easy. By applying selection to natural variation. You have heard of the thought experiment of having a huge number of monkeys typing on a type writer that eventually they would create all of the works of Shakespeare? Now if you use pure random numbers it would still take an inordinately long time, perhaps longer than the life of the universe to happen. But when natural selection is added to the mix it becomes almost child's play. Someone wrote a computer simulation of this and fairly quickly had generated over 90% of the works of the Bard.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50898
Oct 7, 2012
 
President Starky wrote:
Questions for Evolutionists:
"How do ‘living fossils’ remain unchanged over supposed hundreds of millions of years, if evolution has changed worms into humans in the same time frame? Professor Gould wrote,“the maintenance of stability within species must be considered as a major evolutionary problem.”7 See: Living fossils: a powerful argument for creation.
Again easy. If a creature is well adapted for a particular niche and there are no major changes in that niche there is no reason for a specie to evolve. A specie can evolve, it does not have to evolve.

“WISDOM IS A GIFT”

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50899
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Subduction Zone wrote:
Now spamming the site could be grounds for banning, I would suggest that you refrain from such practices.
All of your questions have been answered. Why don't you ask them politely? We know that you have admitted that you don't want to see the answers.
I happen to find these questions very interesting as well as on topic.
I may not understand all the science involved but the questions are very provocative and intelligent.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50900
Oct 7, 2012
 
President Starky wrote:
Questions for Evolutionists:
"How did the DNA code originate? The code is a sophisticated language system with letters and words where the meaning of the words is unrelated to the chemical properties of the letters—just as the information on this page is not a product of the chemical properties of the ink (or pixels on a screen). What other coding system has existed without intelligent design? How did the DNA coding system arise without it being created? See: The genetic information code points to an intelligent source.
It is not a sophisticated language. Where did you get that idea? It is more of a recipe than anything else. Short story DNA evolved from RNA.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50902
Oct 7, 2012
 
Subduction Zone wrote:
Now spamming the site could be grounds for banning, I would suggest that you refrain from such practices.
All of your questions have been answered. Why don't you ask them politely? We know that you have admitted that you don't want to see the answers.
Report it to Topix then.
I placed quotation marks before each question.
Why does it bother you so much?
All I'm doing is my homework on the topic.
Suddenly you feel threatened by this information and want to suppress my freedom of speech.
Typical liberal!

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50903
Oct 7, 2012
 
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Again easy. If a creature is well adapted for a particular niche and there are no major changes in that niche there is no reason for a specie to evolve. A specie can evolve, it does not have to evolve.
"Niche" is your scientific answer?
Fail!

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50904
Oct 7, 2012
 
FALCONER wrote:
<quoted text>
I happen to find these questions very interesting as well as on topic.
I may not understand all the science involved but the questions are very provocative and intelligent.
They don't want dialogue.
They want to dominate and suppress opposing opinions.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50905
Oct 7, 2012
 
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
That is easy. By applying selection to natural variation. You have heard of the thought experiment of having a huge number of monkeys typing on a type writer that eventually they would create all of the works of Shakespeare? Now if you use pure random numbers it would still take an inordinately long time, perhaps longer than the life of the universe to happen. But when natural selection is added to the mix it becomes almost child's play. Someone wrote a computer simulation of this and fairly quickly had generated over 90% of the works of the Bard.
Random numbers?
Fail!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50906
Oct 7, 2012
 
President Starky wrote:
Questions for Evolutionists:
"How did new biochemical pathways, which involve multiple enzymes working together in sequence, originate? Every pathway and nano-machine requires multiple protein/enzyme components to work. How did lucky accidents create even one of the components, let alone 10 or 20 or 30 at the same time, often in a necessary programmed sequence. Evolutionary biochemist Franklin Harold wrote,“we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical or cellular system, only a variety of wishful speculations.”3 See: Design in living organisms (motors: ATP synthase)(includes animation).
You need to take up all your crap with evolutionary scientists. Trouble is they generally don't want to waste time on your creationist bulls--t. There is nothing that creationists have come up with in the last 25 years that real scientists haven't been able to discredit.

Creationist are just dead wrong in everything they have brought up.

Christianity is a man-made religion, just like ALL of the others.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50907
Oct 7, 2012
 
Questions for Evolutionists:

"How did blind chemistry create mind/ intelligence, meaning, altruism and morality? If everything evolved, and we invented God, as per evolutionary teaching, what purpose or meaning is there to human life? Should students be learning nihilism (life is meaningless) in science classes? See: G.K. Chesterton: Darwinism is ‘An attack upon thought itself’.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50908
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Questions for Evolutionists:

Why is evolutionary ‘just-so’ story-telling tolerated? Evolutionists often use flexible story-telling to ‘explain’ observations contrary to evolutionary theory. NAS(USA) member Dr Philip Skell wrote,“Darwinian explanations for such things are often too supple: Natural selection makes humans self-centered and aggressive—except when it makes them altruistic and peaceable. Or natural selection produces virile men who eagerly spread their seed—except when it prefers men who are faithful protectors and providers. When an explanation is so supple that it can explain any behavior, it is difficult to test it experimentally, much less use it as a catalyst for scientific discovery.”8 See:‘Just-so’ stories of sex and family life.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50909
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Questions for Evolutionists:

Where are the scientific breakthroughs due to evolution? Dr Marc Kirschner, chair of the Department of Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School, stated:“In fact, over the last 100 years, almost all of biology has proceeded independent of evolution, except evolutionary biology itself. Molecular biology, biochemistry, physiology, have not taken evolution into account at all.”9 Dr Skell wrote,“It is our knowledge of how these organisms actually operate, not speculations about how they may have arisen millions of years ago, that is essential to doctors, veterinarians, farmers ….”10 Evolution actually hinders medical discovery.11 Then why do schools and universities teach evolution so dogmatically, stealing time from experimental biology that so benefits humankind? See: Is evolution relevant or helpful to real science?

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50910
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to take up all your crap with evolutionary scientists. Trouble is they generally don't want to waste time on your creationist bulls--t. There is nothing that creationists have come up with in the last 25 years that real scientists haven't been able to discredit.
Creationist are just dead wrong in everything they have brought up.
Christianity is a man-made religion, just like ALL of the others.
But i thought all the experts were on here.
Hahahahaha!

This isn;t about Christianity.

Its about Creationism vs evolution.
DUH!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50911
Oct 7, 2012
 
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Report it to Topix then.
I placed quotation marks before each question.
Why does it bother you so much?
All I'm doing is my homework on the topic.
Suddenly you feel threatened by this information and want to suppress my freedom of speech.
Typical liberal!
Spamming is rude and inconsiderate. You are not doing your homework, you are attempting a Gish Gallup. It is a dishonest technique used by cretinists where they spout a whole bunch of untrue claims and are not really interested in the truth of the matter.

And as I said, I don't report people. I am sometimes guilty of breaking the rules here myself. To report people would therefore make me a creationist, oops I mean hypocrite.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50912
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

President Starky wrote:
Questions for Evolutionists:
Where are the scientific breakthroughs due to evolution? Dr Marc Kirschner, chair of the Department of Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School, stated:“In fact, over the last 100 years, almost all of biology has proceeded independent of evolution, except evolutionary biology itself. Molecular biology, biochemistry, physiology, have not taken evolution into account at all.”9 Dr Skell wrote,“It is our knowledge of how these organisms actually operate, not speculations about how they may have arisen millions of years ago, that is essential to doctors, veterinarians, farmers ….”10 Evolution actually hinders medical discovery.11 Then why do schools and universities teach evolution so dogmatically, stealing time from experimental biology that so benefits humankind? See: Is evolution relevant or helpful to real science?
You really need to ask? Most new antibiotics are based upon evolution. The exploration for oil that you put in your car is based upon evolution. If you don't believe evolution then you should not be a hypocrite and drive using oil that was found based upon that theory.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50913
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

President Starky wrote:
Questions for Evolutionists:
Why is evolutionary ‘just-so’ story-telling tolerated? Evolutionists often use flexible story-telling to ‘explain’ observations contrary to evolutionary theory. NAS(USA) member Dr Philip Skell wrote,“Darwinian explanations for such things are often too supple: Natural selection makes humans self-centered and aggressive—except when it makes them altruistic and peaceable. Or natural selection produces virile men who eagerly spread their seed—except when it prefers men who are faithful protectors and providers. When an explanation is so supple that it can explain any behavior, it is difficult to test it experimentally, much less use it as a catalyst for scientific discovery.”8 See:‘Just-so’ stories of sex and family life.
There is no "just so" story telling by evolution. That is a flaw of creationism. Perhaps you meant something else.

Just so stories are a creationist trademark.

“WISDOM IS A GIFT”

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50914
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't want dialogue.
They want to dominate and suppress opposing opinions.
Well I am a Deist and therefore believe in intelligent design.
I may not ascribe to a particular religion but I find several of them fascinating and I believe the doctrine of Jesus Christ to be a good guideline for human beings to follow above all other theological doctrines.
If for no other reason than the fact that if everyone could live up to his teachings, we would have paradise on earth.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50915
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

President Starky wrote:
Questions for Evolutionists:
"How did blind chemistry create mind/ intelligence, meaning, altruism and morality? If everything evolved, and we invented God, as per evolutionary teaching, what purpose or meaning is there to human life? Should students be learning nihilism (life is meaningless) in science classes? See: G.K. Chesterton: Darwinism is ‘An attack upon thought itself’.
Chemistry is not blind. So the very basis of your claim is shot down. Take a chemistry class and try asking the question again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Evolution Debate Forum right now

Search the Evolution Debate Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 2 min Dogen 134,685
The Universe is fine-tuned for life 4 min In Six a Days 499
Evolution of Human Food 12 min Eric 1
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 5 hr MikeF 171,611
Why do half of Britons not believe in evolution? 5 hr Dogen 91
art & intelligence (Mar '11) Thu THE LONE WORKER 68
Evolution debate vote (Mar '09) Thu THE LONE WORKER 3,391
•••
•••