Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 2,437)

Showing posts 48,721 - 48,740 of111,882
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha!
More meaningless threats.
I travel where ever I want.
Town?
If its a town I travel through, I'll continue to do so and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.
LOL
"S†uff's ge††in be††er"
Ok , but if you show up everyone else is leaving!
That way everything gets better!

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
hum.... really. I have another creotard on another topic that say they are all modern humans.
Maybe you need to get your stories straight.
I also have creotards on the hook that say the earth in 6,000, 50,000, a few million and 4.5 billion years old.
Why is it all the science supporters are on the same page and all the creotards have different stories?
I guess it is just because creationism isn't science and it is expecting a bit much for a bunch of religious nuts to agree on much of anything.
This is about the time when I should tell you to GFY or to stick it where the sun don't shine. Also to point out what an ignorant,intolerant POS lying SOB you truly are.
However, Topix TOS requires that my posts be polite in nature so I'm not going to say those things.
In fact, I simply refuse to use that type of language.

"Stuff's gettin better"
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>As I said ... ignorance will be used for Gods glory.
So, your bronze age, goat herder FAIRY TALE "god" glories in ignorance.

That explains a lot about you "fundaMENTALshit xristian creotards".

Of course, that doesn't explain why you "fundaMENTALshit xristian creotards" LIE so much.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets do this...
I intend to post here whenever I want.
I wont be responding to your posts when I do. I'll just be posting.
You can scroll on by my posts.
There is nothing you can possibly post that will change my beliefs and I am not trying to change yours.
That is about as respectful as anyone can possible be.
The other socks (unregistered profiles) that talk all the garbage are easy to ignore.
Unless your goal is to try and violate my God given right to free speech.
We can agree to disagree and be done with it, but this forum is not your personal property.
That is fine. You just admitted that you want to remain an ignorant fool. I have not threatened you in any way, and I do not think there are too many "socks" here. I believe that some people just prefer not to register. I don't judge them either way for that. For me it seemed easier to register.

I never claimed this forum as my property, all I am interested in is the truth. And you really don't have a "God given right" to post here. Your right to post here is a privilege given by the people who run this website. If they wanted to they could take this right away from your or from me for any reason that they thought was valid. Relax, I do not go around reporting people and you have done nothing that would get you kicked off of here even if some nut reported you.

But I will gladly point out that you know you have no counter to our arguments and are not willing to post any of your own. That would make you a troll at best and people do tend to ignore them eventually.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Questions for Evolutionists:

"How did life originate? Evolutionist Professor Paul Davies admitted,“Nobody knows how a mixture of lifeless chemicals spontaneously organized themselves into the first living cell.”1 Andrew Knoll, professor of biology, Harvard, said,“we don’t really know how life originated on this planet”.2 A minimal cell needs several hundred proteins. Even if every atom in the universe were an experiment with all the correct amino acids present for every possible molecular vibration in the supposed evolutionary age of the universe, not even one average-sized functional protein would form. So how did life with hundreds of proteins originate just by chemistry without intelligent design?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

By the way Starky, the topic of this thread is "Evolution against Creation" if all you are going to post is that you won't believe the theory of evolution no matter how much evidence is given for it that makes all of your posts rather pointless, doesn't it?

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

"How did the DNA code originate? The code is a sophisticated language system with letters and words where the meaning of the words is unrelated to the chemical properties of the letters—just as the information on this page is not a product of the chemical properties of the ink (or pixels on a screen). What other coding system has existed without intelligent design? How did the DNA coding system arise without it being created? See: The genetic information code points to an intelligent source.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

"How could mutations—accidental copying mistakes (DNA ‘letters’ exchanged, deleted or added, genes duplicated, chromosome inversions, etc.)—create the huge volumes of information in the DNA of living things? How could such errors create 3 billion letters of DNA information to change a microbe into a microbiologist? There is information for how to make proteins but also for controlling their use—much like a cookbook contains the ingredients as well as the instructions for how and when to use them. One without the other is useless. See: Meta-information: An impossible conundrum for evolution. Mutations are known for their destructive effects, including over 1,000 human diseases such as hemophilia. Rarely are they even helpful. But how can scrambling existing DNA information create a new biochemical pathway or nano-machines with many components, to make ‘goo-to-you’ evolution possible? E.g., How did a 32-component rotary motor like ATP synthase (which produces the energy currency, ATP, for all life), or robots like kinesin (a ‘postman’ delivering parcels inside cells) originate? See: The evolution train’s a-comin’(Sorry, a-goin’—in the wrong direction).

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

"Why is natural selection, a principle recognized by creationists, taught as ‘evolution’, as if it explains the origin of the diversity of life? By definition it is a selective process (selecting from already existing information), so is not a creative process. It might explain the survival of the fittest (why certain genes benefit creatures more in certain environments), but not the arrival of the fittest (where the genes and creatures came from in the first place). The death of individuals not adapted to an environment and the survival of those that are suited does not explain the origin of the traits that make an organism adapted to an environment. E.g., how do minor back-and-forth variations in finch beaks explain the origin of beaks or finches? How does natural selection explain goo-to-you evolution? See: Evolutionist Dr John Endler’s refreshing clarity about ‘natural selection’ has been largely ignored.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

"How did new biochemical pathways, which involve multiple enzymes working together in sequence, originate? Every pathway and nano-machine requires multiple protein/enzyme components to work. How did lucky accidents create even one of the components, let alone 10 or 20 or 30 at the same time, often in a necessary programmed sequence. Evolutionary biochemist Franklin Harold wrote,“we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical or cellular system, only a variety of wishful speculations.”3 See: Design in living organisms (motors: ATP synthase)(includes animation).

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

"Living things look like they were designed, so how do evolutionists know that they were not designed? Richard Dawkins wrote,“biology is the study of complicated things that have the appearance of having been designed with a purpose.”4 Francis Crick, the co-discoverer of the double helix structure of DNA, wrote,“Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed, but rather evolved.”5 The problem for evolutionists is that living things show too much design. Who objects when an archaeologist says that pottery points to human design? Yet if someone attributes the design in living things to a designer, that is not acceptable. Why should science be restricted to naturalistic causes rather than logical causes? See: Is the design explanation legitimate?

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

"How did multi-cellular life originate? How did cells adapted to individual survival ‘learn’ to cooperate and specialize (including undergoing programmed cell death) to create complex plants and animals? See: Evolution of multicellularity: what is required?

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

"How did sex originate? Asexual reproduction gives up to twice as much reproductive success (‘fitness’) for the same resources as sexual reproduction, so how could the latter ever gain enough advantage to be selected? And how could mere physics and chemistry invent the complementary apparatuses needed at the same time (non-intelligent processes cannot plan for future coordination of male and female organs). See: Argument: Evolution of sex.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

"Why are the (expected) countless millions of transitional fossils missing? Darwin noted the problem and it still remains. The evolutionary family trees in textbooks are based on imagination, not fossil evidence. Famous Harvard paleontologist (and evolutionist), Stephen Jay Gould, wrote,“The extreme rarity of transitional forms in the fossil record persists as the trade secret of paleontology”.6 Other evolutionist fossil experts also acknowledge the problem. See: That quote!—about the missing transitional fossils.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

"How do ‘living fossils’ remain unchanged over supposed hundreds of millions of years, if evolution has changed worms into humans in the same time frame? Professor Gould wrote,“the maintenance of stability within species must be considered as a major evolutionary problem.”7 See: Living fossils: a powerful argument for creation.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Now spamming the site could be grounds for banning, I would suggest that you refrain from such practices.

All of your questions have been answered. Why don't you ask them politely? We know that you have admitted that you don't want to see the answers.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

President Starky wrote:
"How could mutations—accidental copying mistakes (DNA ‘letters’ exchanged, deleted or added, genes duplicated, chromosome inversions, etc.)—create the huge volumes of information in the DNA of living things? How could such errors create 3 billion letters of DNA information to change a microbe into a microbiologist? There is information for how to make proteins but also for controlling their use—much like a cookbook contains the ingredients as well as the instructions for how and when to use them. One without the other is useless. See: Meta-information: An impossible conundrum for evolution. Mutations are known for their destructive effects, including over 1,000 human diseases such as hemophilia. Rarely are they even helpful. But how can scrambling existing DNA information create a new biochemical pathway or nano-machines with many components, to make ‘goo-to-you’ evolution possible? E.g., How did a 32-component rotary motor like ATP synthase (which produces the energy currency, ATP, for all life), or robots like kinesin (a ‘postman’ delivering parcels inside cells) originate? See: The evolution train’s a-comin’(Sorry, a-goin’—in the wrong direction).
That is easy. By applying selection to natural variation. You have heard of the thought experiment of having a huge number of monkeys typing on a type writer that eventually they would create all of the works of Shakespeare? Now if you use pure random numbers it would still take an inordinately long time, perhaps longer than the life of the universe to happen. But when natural selection is added to the mix it becomes almost child's play. Someone wrote a computer simulation of this and fairly quickly had generated over 90% of the works of the Bard.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

President Starky wrote:
"How do ‘living fossils’ remain unchanged over supposed hundreds of millions of years, if evolution has changed worms into humans in the same time frame? Professor Gould wrote,“the maintenance of stability within species must be considered as a major evolutionary problem.”7 See: Living fossils: a powerful argument for creation.
Again easy. If a creature is well adapted for a particular niche and there are no major changes in that niche there is no reason for a specie to evolve. A specie can evolve, it does not have to evolve.

“WISDOM IS A GIFT”

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
Now spamming the site could be grounds for banning, I would suggest that you refrain from such practices.
All of your questions have been answered. Why don't you ask them politely? We know that you have admitted that you don't want to see the answers.
I happen to find these questions very interesting as well as on topic.
I may not understand all the science involved but the questions are very provocative and intelligent.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

President Starky wrote:
"How did the DNA code originate? The code is a sophisticated language system with letters and words where the meaning of the words is unrelated to the chemical properties of the letters—just as the information on this page is not a product of the chemical properties of the ink (or pixels on a screen). What other coding system has existed without intelligent design? How did the DNA coding system arise without it being created? See: The genetic information code points to an intelligent source.
It is not a sophisticated language. Where did you get that idea? It is more of a recipe than anything else. Short story DNA evolved from RNA.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 48,721 - 48,740 of111,882
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••