Evolution vs. Creation

There are 163575 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#50887 Oct 7, 2012
Questions for Evolutionists:

"How did the DNA code originate? The code is a sophisticated language system with letters and words where the meaning of the words is unrelated to the chemical properties of the letters—just as the information on this page is not a product of the chemical properties of the ink (or pixels on a screen). What other coding system has existed without intelligent design? How did the DNA coding system arise without it being created? See: The genetic information code points to an intelligent source.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#50888 Oct 7, 2012
Questions for Evolutionists:

"How could mutations—accidental copying mistakes (DNA ‘letters’ exchanged, deleted or added, genes duplicated, chromosome inversions, etc.)—create the huge volumes of information in the DNA of living things? How could such errors create 3 billion letters of DNA information to change a microbe into a microbiologist? There is information for how to make proteins but also for controlling their use—much like a cookbook contains the ingredients as well as the instructions for how and when to use them. One without the other is useless. See: Meta-information: An impossible conundrum for evolution. Mutations are known for their destructive effects, including over 1,000 human diseases such as hemophilia. Rarely are they even helpful. But how can scrambling existing DNA information create a new biochemical pathway or nano-machines with many components, to make ‘goo-to-you’ evolution possible? E.g., How did a 32-component rotary motor like ATP synthase (which produces the energy currency, ATP, for all life), or robots like kinesin (a ‘postman’ delivering parcels inside cells) originate? See: The evolution train’s a-comin’(Sorry, a-goin’—in the wrong direction).

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#50889 Oct 7, 2012
Questions for Evolutionists:

"Why is natural selection, a principle recognized by creationists, taught as ‘evolution’, as if it explains the origin of the diversity of life? By definition it is a selective process (selecting from already existing information), so is not a creative process. It might explain the survival of the fittest (why certain genes benefit creatures more in certain environments), but not the arrival of the fittest (where the genes and creatures came from in the first place). The death of individuals not adapted to an environment and the survival of those that are suited does not explain the origin of the traits that make an organism adapted to an environment. E.g., how do minor back-and-forth variations in finch beaks explain the origin of beaks or finches? How does natural selection explain goo-to-you evolution? See: Evolutionist Dr John Endler’s refreshing clarity about ‘natural selection’ has been largely ignored.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#50890 Oct 7, 2012
Questions for Evolutionists:

"How did new biochemical pathways, which involve multiple enzymes working together in sequence, originate? Every pathway and nano-machine requires multiple protein/enzyme components to work. How did lucky accidents create even one of the components, let alone 10 or 20 or 30 at the same time, often in a necessary programmed sequence. Evolutionary biochemist Franklin Harold wrote,“we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical or cellular system, only a variety of wishful speculations.”3 See: Design in living organisms (motors: ATP synthase)(includes animation).

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#50891 Oct 7, 2012
Questions for Evolutionists:

"Living things look like they were designed, so how do evolutionists know that they were not designed? Richard Dawkins wrote,“biology is the study of complicated things that have the appearance of having been designed with a purpose.”4 Francis Crick, the co-discoverer of the double helix structure of DNA, wrote,“Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed, but rather evolved.”5 The problem for evolutionists is that living things show too much design. Who objects when an archaeologist says that pottery points to human design? Yet if someone attributes the design in living things to a designer, that is not acceptable. Why should science be restricted to naturalistic causes rather than logical causes? See: Is the design explanation legitimate?

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#50892 Oct 7, 2012
Questions for Evolutionists:

"How did multi-cellular life originate? How did cells adapted to individual survival ‘learn’ to cooperate and specialize (including undergoing programmed cell death) to create complex plants and animals? See: Evolution of multicellularity: what is required?

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#50893 Oct 7, 2012
Questions for Evolutionists:

"How did sex originate? Asexual reproduction gives up to twice as much reproductive success (‘fitness’) for the same resources as sexual reproduction, so how could the latter ever gain enough advantage to be selected? And how could mere physics and chemistry invent the complementary apparatuses needed at the same time (non-intelligent processes cannot plan for future coordination of male and female organs). See: Argument: Evolution of sex.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#50894 Oct 7, 2012
Questions for Evolutionists:

"Why are the (expected) countless millions of transitional fossils missing? Darwin noted the problem and it still remains. The evolutionary family trees in textbooks are based on imagination, not fossil evidence. Famous Harvard paleontologist (and evolutionist), Stephen Jay Gould, wrote,“The extreme rarity of transitional forms in the fossil record persists as the trade secret of paleontology”.6 Other evolutionist fossil experts also acknowledge the problem. See: That quote!—about the missing transitional fossils.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#50895 Oct 7, 2012
Questions for Evolutionists:

"How do ‘living fossils’ remain unchanged over supposed hundreds of millions of years, if evolution has changed worms into humans in the same time frame? Professor Gould wrote,“the maintenance of stability within species must be considered as a major evolutionary problem.”7 See: Living fossils: a powerful argument for creation.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#50896 Oct 7, 2012
Now spamming the site could be grounds for banning, I would suggest that you refrain from such practices.

All of your questions have been answered. Why don't you ask them politely? We know that you have admitted that you don't want to see the answers.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#50897 Oct 7, 2012
President Starky wrote:
Questions for Evolutionists:
"How could mutations—accidental copying mistakes (DNA ‘letters’ exchanged, deleted or added, genes duplicated, chromosome inversions, etc.)—create the huge volumes of information in the DNA of living things? How could such errors create 3 billion letters of DNA information to change a microbe into a microbiologist? There is information for how to make proteins but also for controlling their use—much like a cookbook contains the ingredients as well as the instructions for how and when to use them. One without the other is useless. See: Meta-information: An impossible conundrum for evolution. Mutations are known for their destructive effects, including over 1,000 human diseases such as hemophilia. Rarely are they even helpful. But how can scrambling existing DNA information create a new biochemical pathway or nano-machines with many components, to make ‘goo-to-you’ evolution possible? E.g., How did a 32-component rotary motor like ATP synthase (which produces the energy currency, ATP, for all life), or robots like kinesin (a ‘postman’ delivering parcels inside cells) originate? See: The evolution train’s a-comin’(Sorry, a-goin’—in the wrong direction).
That is easy. By applying selection to natural variation. You have heard of the thought experiment of having a huge number of monkeys typing on a type writer that eventually they would create all of the works of Shakespeare? Now if you use pure random numbers it would still take an inordinately long time, perhaps longer than the life of the universe to happen. But when natural selection is added to the mix it becomes almost child's play. Someone wrote a computer simulation of this and fairly quickly had generated over 90% of the works of the Bard.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#50898 Oct 7, 2012
President Starky wrote:
Questions for Evolutionists:
"How do ‘living fossils’ remain unchanged over supposed hundreds of millions of years, if evolution has changed worms into humans in the same time frame? Professor Gould wrote,“the maintenance of stability within species must be considered as a major evolutionary problem.”7 See: Living fossils: a powerful argument for creation.
Again easy. If a creature is well adapted for a particular niche and there are no major changes in that niche there is no reason for a specie to evolve. A specie can evolve, it does not have to evolve.

“WISDOM IS A GIFT”

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#50899 Oct 7, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
Now spamming the site could be grounds for banning, I would suggest that you refrain from such practices.
All of your questions have been answered. Why don't you ask them politely? We know that you have admitted that you don't want to see the answers.
I happen to find these questions very interesting as well as on topic.
I may not understand all the science involved but the questions are very provocative and intelligent.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#50900 Oct 7, 2012
President Starky wrote:
Questions for Evolutionists:
"How did the DNA code originate? The code is a sophisticated language system with letters and words where the meaning of the words is unrelated to the chemical properties of the letters—just as the information on this page is not a product of the chemical properties of the ink (or pixels on a screen). What other coding system has existed without intelligent design? How did the DNA coding system arise without it being created? See: The genetic information code points to an intelligent source.
It is not a sophisticated language. Where did you get that idea? It is more of a recipe than anything else. Short story DNA evolved from RNA.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#50902 Oct 7, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
Now spamming the site could be grounds for banning, I would suggest that you refrain from such practices.
All of your questions have been answered. Why don't you ask them politely? We know that you have admitted that you don't want to see the answers.
Report it to Topix then.
I placed quotation marks before each question.
Why does it bother you so much?
All I'm doing is my homework on the topic.
Suddenly you feel threatened by this information and want to suppress my freedom of speech.
Typical liberal!

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#50903 Oct 7, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Again easy. If a creature is well adapted for a particular niche and there are no major changes in that niche there is no reason for a specie to evolve. A specie can evolve, it does not have to evolve.
"Niche" is your scientific answer?
Fail!

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#50904 Oct 7, 2012
FALCONER wrote:
<quoted text>
I happen to find these questions very interesting as well as on topic.
I may not understand all the science involved but the questions are very provocative and intelligent.
They don't want dialogue.
They want to dominate and suppress opposing opinions.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#50905 Oct 7, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
That is easy. By applying selection to natural variation. You have heard of the thought experiment of having a huge number of monkeys typing on a type writer that eventually they would create all of the works of Shakespeare? Now if you use pure random numbers it would still take an inordinately long time, perhaps longer than the life of the universe to happen. But when natural selection is added to the mix it becomes almost child's play. Someone wrote a computer simulation of this and fairly quickly had generated over 90% of the works of the Bard.
Random numbers?
Fail!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#50906 Oct 7, 2012
President Starky wrote:
Questions for Evolutionists:
"How did new biochemical pathways, which involve multiple enzymes working together in sequence, originate? Every pathway and nano-machine requires multiple protein/enzyme components to work. How did lucky accidents create even one of the components, let alone 10 or 20 or 30 at the same time, often in a necessary programmed sequence. Evolutionary biochemist Franklin Harold wrote,“we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical or cellular system, only a variety of wishful speculations.”3 See: Design in living organisms (motors: ATP synthase)(includes animation).
You need to take up all your crap with evolutionary scientists. Trouble is they generally don't want to waste time on your creationist bulls--t. There is nothing that creationists have come up with in the last 25 years that real scientists haven't been able to discredit.

Creationist are just dead wrong in everything they have brought up.

Christianity is a man-made religion, just like ALL of the others.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#50907 Oct 7, 2012
Questions for Evolutionists:

"How did blind chemistry create mind/ intelligence, meaning, altruism and morality? If everything evolved, and we invented God, as per evolutionary teaching, what purpose or meaning is there to human life? Should students be learning nihilism (life is meaningless) in science classes? See: G.K. Chesterton: Darwinism is ‘An attack upon thought itself’.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How can we prove God exists, or does not? 2 hr GTID62 63
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 6 hr Chimney1 141,315
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) Tue Kathleen 19,031
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) May 18 SoE 178,597
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) May 18 MADRONE 1,870
Science News NOT related to evolution (Jul '09) May 15 emrenil 1,243
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) May 15 MikeF 13,700
More from around the web